Author Topic: UK Krytox® GPL 205 Grade 0 Order  (Read 3939 times)

Offline SlamMakanen

UK Krytox® GPL 205 Grade 0 Order
« on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:36:05 »
Hi everyone,

I've found a site based out of Malaysia that stocks 205 0. Given that in the UK it always seems like an impossible task to get hold of any at all (and mykeyboard.eu stocks are sold out instantly on the rare occurrence they stock some) I was considering doing a bulk order to help those interested. Given that I figured I'd see what the interest levels would be for such an action. The larger the order the cheaper I can get it, however I'd say that it could loosely be around £3 per ml/gram (that includes shipping from Malaysia to the UK). UK shipping from myself to you would be a separate cost but I can't imagine that would add much to it.

The one thing I'm not sure of is if the large order from the site would come as one large container that I'd have to manually separate out and put into containers or not. If so, any suggestions on how best that would be done?

I can give a better idea of price and if there's enough interest to warrant further investigation into methods etc

Offline GaNeBaL

Re: UK Krytox® GPL 205 Grade 0 Order
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:41:16 »
oh. it's another one of these
Obsessed with 60%TKLs

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:47:31 »
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline necromanx

• mykeyboard.eu
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 12:47:52 »
(mykeeb guy here)
I agree its a bit rough for us to keep servicing them from stock but we actually constantly restock it.  We have a hard time keeping up with these orders and preparing everything.
I ll work out some means to improve keeping them in stock.  All lubes are back in stock this week btw.

Offline dlavelle94

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 02:31:30 »
(mykeeb guy here)
I agree its a bit rough for us to keep servicing them from stock but we actually constantly restock it.  We have a hard time keeping up with these orders and preparing everything.
I ll work out some means to improve keeping them in stock.  All lubes are back in stock this week btw.
Perfect, any idea on day?

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 03:30:09 »

Show Image

Didn't realise trying to help the community would be seen as a pain in your ass (and I've not seen other posts like these in my lurking). Apologies I even tried.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 May 2020, 03:33:45 by SlamMakanen »

Offline huey

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 03:59:42 »
Hi there, I used to supply MKUK and some other communities with 205g0 so I understand why you would want to do that.

My advice would be to get some cash together, buy a lot, and distribute it yourself. It's a minimal risk as everyone and his dog wants to get their hands on the stuff.
I don't think you need to create an IC for lube as there are so many vendors(even EU/UK ones) that do or will be offering Lubricants.

Offline VXQN

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 04:42:17 »
I appreciate this IC as a UK user who has struggled to get 205! I'm always in favour of bringing more keyboard stuff to the UK to save shipping costs/environmental costs so I would suggest what others have done and just buy it outright and distribute it yourself as dealing with a GB with such small numbers will probably be quite frustrating.

Offline Hugs94

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 19:35:00 »