Author Topic: [IC] the project has ended  (Read 8520 times)

Offline kallam22222@gmail.com

[IC] the project has ended
« on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 16:28:29 »
The project is over
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 February 2021, 11:58:45 by kallam22222@gmail.com »

Offline kohalified

Re: [IC] Obsidian 75 from Volcano keys(still waiting on tax id)
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 16:31:52 »
In b4 rama x sat75

Offline pngu

• send noots
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 16:35:25 »
Hey, without wanting to be offensive, I suggest you flesh this out some more before posting an IC. How am I supposed to decide if I want this or not while you don't have a tax ID yet? That's, like, keyboards 101.

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 16:36:38 »
Just received the Tax ID today. Wanted to get a jump on the post cause i was so excited from finishing the design!

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
Re: [IC] Obsidian 75 from Volcano keys
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 16:41:29 »
I didn't realize Rama released an m75-a?

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 16:42:47 »
Sometimes i was held down by the gravity of my sin

We gon see when that sun go down

We gon seeeeeeeeeeeeee

treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 16:44:07 »
U80 meets M60a meets a knob, hard pass

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline huey

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 16:46:11 »
bro, contact rama and see if he will run it through his foundry

would be sick bro

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 16:51:09 »
I'm sure I'm saying what everyone else is thinking, but I think you borrowed too heavily from one source here.

You can see the weight, the side profile, the bezel thickness and the mute system all from Rama designs in a single board. It's like a greatest hits all in one.

I'd strongly advise that you go back to the drawing board on this one, or at least speak to Rama directly to avoid being flamed by the court of public opinion, and also to be respectful to Rama themselves.

Offline fropsie

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 16:55:02 »

Offline yoniwolf1202

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 16:55:05 »
I'm sure I'm saying what everyone else is thinking, but I think you borrowed too heavily from one source here.

You can see the weight, the side profile, the bezel thickness and the mute system all from Rama designs in a single board. It's like a greatest hits all in one.

I'd strongly advise that you go back to the drawing board on this one, or at least speak to Rama directly to avoid being flamed by the court of public opinion, and also to be respectful to Rama themselves.
This.

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 16:56:13 »
Why should I flamed for using a good design? I am interested in making a good product. I am not copying their exact design at all. There are a lot of internal differences that affected my design. Like for instance, my connector is not in the center it is to the far right. I added my thoughts on their design. I think it is unfair to say that I will be flamed because I used ideas from their product...

Offline PhantomTaco

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 16:59:19 »
Why should I flamed for using a good design? I am interested in making a good product. I am not copying their exact design at all. There are a lot of internal differences that affected my design. Like for instance, my connector is not in the center it is to the far right. I added my thoughts on their design. I think it is unfair to say that I will be flamed because I used ideas from their product...

You used the same top design. The same mute mount. The same plate design. The same wrap around weight design. Thank god it's still different because the connector is not in the same spot.

You've taken enough from RAMA's U80-A design that I don't think you can call this your design

Offline ohwe

• no
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 17:02:28 »

There's enough design language here to make me think that you didn't really do... anything at all. While I get it, reinventing the rectangle, etc, but... there's a time when it's too obvious. But, of course, the connector is on the right.
Current rotation: Rama U80-A, Rama Kara, Mode65 (Maroon/Brass)

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 17:03:22 »
I am not trying to to say this is my idea. I am just saying that their mounting system is good. I want their mounting system but I also want the layout of the S75. I went to them with this idea and they did not respond back to me or tell me not to do it. So I went ahead and did it. My whole point is I want this keyboard for me and I thought there would be people out there that want to purchase this same idea. By no means am I saying this is my design. Just a way for me to create the end game keyboard for me. I invested a lot of time into this, so if you guys want to purchase it as well then do so, or else don't.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 17:04:14 »

The problem isn't utilizing someone else's ideas, but it's that you took the Rama design language and copied it almost exactly. It doesn't matter if Rama hasn't released 75% or that the usb port isn't centered.

Offline mydens

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 17:07:54 »
I WOULD BUY IT. @#$%  the detractors.

Offline DeMechanica

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 17:12:31 »
Can someone please make this but without the rounded edges? I just want this but sleek and modern

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 17:15:46 »
I bet OP will delete the post soon.

In all seriousness man, if that is how your endgame looks...it's really lacking. It's a Franken keyboard.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline gMit

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 17:24:09 »
Nice U80

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 17:26:30 »
U80 meets SAT75.

Nice
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline powwu

• Discord
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 17:36:50 »
Where's your prototype? This IC feels unfinished.

Offline Chippy

• sus chef
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 17:58:46 »
is this compatible with satisfaction 75 pcb?
1.2og | Buddy 6xx | Le Fishe V1 Proto | xyz60 Rev2 | Quartermaster | Chimera65 | Satisfaction75 | Realforce 84u | Zenith Z-150 | Realforce 86u | 378
More
This and the swiss cheese keyboard is the next generation of keyboards

Offline Havattack

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 18:04:14 »

I'm on your side, but let's drop the victim stuff, don't be so sensitive. No one was flaming ya buddy (well, maybe the cartoon pic... but that was also funny), the criticism was fairly constructive, and not overly negative.
They're right- at 1st glance, it looks too much like a RAMA product, and you're right- you changed a lot. But 1st impressions and perception are EVERYTHING.
Could you keep your design the same as it is now,  have it pass IC, pass MOQ, deliver the product, and make some people happy (including ME)? Sure (If the renders/proto looked good enough). But why not work on the design some more, make it more yours, more special (not necessarily "unique") and have it be a keyboard people will be envying for years, instead of mistaking/mixing it up with some other one?

It's an easy fix:
Change the bezels-  all the cool kids like big, Big, BIG ole bezels on their keebs!

I'm a sucker for those LED strips, like on Grid600.
I've been telling everyone- put a DAC/AMP in it.

And what I think is the biggest issue here: That weight.....changing that alone might be enough to not give the impression that youre copying exactly.

(Waiting till you had a render of that encoder, which sounds AMAZING, might of saved you a lot of "flaming"....)
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 February 2021, 18:16:49 by Havattack »

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 18:05:36 »
I don't think RAMA Works will be over the moon about your design.  Just sayin.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline super_tu

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 18:09:05 »
This would be a dream collab between Rama and Cannonkeys, but not from someone who isn't a part of either of those groups. I think that you could improve the overall design and would like to see something truly unique to you instead of blending 2 trends together. Good luck in future keyboard endeavors man! P.S the CAD skills are off the charts haha

Offline Techlet

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 18:42:40 »
There's a difference between taking inspiration and lifting designs wholesale.

Something like this would work much better as a private groupbuy with friends/family than blasting out an IC under a trading name on GH. Then again, you seem confident enough to take a lack of response as permission so, by all means, full steam ahead.

Offline fuzewall

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 19:20:08 »
the satisfaction 75, sans the pirate ship concept, was one of my draws into the custom mech world. i would be excited for a drop of a similar style board like this, and finally get my hands on one.

i would like to see what other color/ design options you would put out there, as i need to keep maintain aesthetics. IMO, you should incorporate more brass into the design, like the knob and the little bit of the bottom that shows on the side.

Offline meowscanttype

• 65 is bad
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 19:29:59 »
damn didnt know rama had an alt

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 19:30:44 »
It still shocks me that people come in here saying they'd buy this or that they're on this person's side. The funny thing is this run by rama would be an all around better product, but your gonna rush into to support a ripped design that'll only end up half as functional/finished.... But why?

Offline mrboli

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 19:55:21 »
Hey man, I think the most sensible thing that can be said here is that it's obvious where you got the inspiration comes from, and perhaps there were certain things that were taken a bit too closely.

I like the thought and idea, and that you took the time to make these renders, it's a good start.

I would say, don't give up, make some modifications, have some more purpose to the design elements.
Example, change up the mounting slots a bit, the notches in the PCB.

More than that I think the side profile -- maybe take the side profile or the weight, not both exactly. Maybe change up how much the weight comes from the bottom, maybe even the thickness or height.

Aside from all of that, a quick personal piece of design feedback, I think the bezels being so thick clash a bit from the LED panel. Also the large bezels clash also with the spacing between the arrow and mod keys, spacing those out would give them some more breathing room and would make it more balanced.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 February 2021, 19:56:56 by mrboli »
KBD67 Zealios V2 65g | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco TKL MX Black | Razer BlackWidow

Offline Techlet

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 20:00:12 »
Aside from all of that, a quick personal piece of design feedback, I think the bezels being so thick clash a bit from the LED panel. Also the large bezels clash also with the spacing between the arrow and mod keys, spacing those out would give them some more breathing room and would make it more balanced.

Agreed. Something like this for example:

Offline Havattack

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 22:11:59 »
It still shocks me that people come in here saying they'd buy this or that they're on this person's side. The funny thing is this run by rama would be an all around better product, but your gonna rush into to support a ripped design that'll only end up half as functional/finished.... But why?

" but your gonna rush into to support a ripped design that'll only end up half as functional/finished.... But why?" 1. I was trying to be supportive enough that's he keep going, but constructive enough that he would change it to be more like what i want.. My hope was that he'd keep the layout, knob, screen, but change it enough so it could actually get made ( I don't think it will as it stands) 2. I have no idea when/if RAMA will release something like this, and don't feel like waiting for something that may never happen.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 February 2021, 22:14:05 by Havattack »

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 22:13:13 »
I still think people has been way too nice from what I've seen on prior posts (2k keyset flashbacks!) for something that is clearly a Rama ripoff rather than a Rama inspired board.

Offline S61

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 22:52:04 »
I think it's a good idea to combine U80A and S75,but the current situation is that the design with its own characteristics is not enough.
keep going, there should be a lot of people who like the layout and elements of u80a and S75.

Offline Raging Panda

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 23:06:02 »
I just don't understand how someone can look at this and not think it is a direct copy of a Rama U80. Please go back to the drawing board and make something more original, plenty of things outside of the keyboard world that you can take inspiration from.

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 00:21:24 »
Hey, if people can put Halo stems together with Panda housing and call it Holy Pandas, why can't this man do this and not call it the Satisfaction U80?

Double standards in this community smh

/s

In all seriousness, while the intent of combining the best of two worlds is good, but this is essentially lifting the designs of each and putting it into one.

But all is not lost. This isn't the first time this happened with a keyboard designer, but through the feedback provided by the community, the designer did end up coming up with a board that is unique to their design language that is still true to you being inspired by something.

Good luck - but you also got lots of work ahead of you.

Simply having renders isn't good enough. How do you know your board even sounds good if you don't have any prototypes made?

P.S. From personal observation into the history of this community, you probably don't want to be in the IP crosshairs of one of the biggest designer in the community.
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 February 2021, 00:30:09 by loop | esc lab »

Offline bobdenard

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 00:48:08 »
There is inspiration and then there is plagiarism.

Offline tr0yr0x

• TWICE Fanboi
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 02:05:20 »
Is this dude trolling or what

Offline Tree_

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 05:14:05 »
I'd actually go one further by saying that what's good about RAMA's design language is the minimalism aesthetic and not adding elements to their boards unnecessarily. By taking a knob and LED panel and plonking them on a U80, not only are you copying RAMA, your copying RAMA and doing a **** job of it. 

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 05:17:52 »
I'd actually go one further by saying that what's good about RAMA's design language is the minimalism aesthetic and not adding elements to their boards unnecessarily. By taking a knob and LED panel and plonking them on a U80, not only are you copying RAMA, your copying RAMA and doing a **** job of it. 

Excatly.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline highpur

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 05:49:33 »
This is the most innovative idea in 2021

Offline clonetropboi

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 08:41:15 »
Looks like 100% rama works copied design with a sat 75 layout.

Offline Suli

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 08:52:25 »
You've combined 2 designs without adding anything to it from yourself. If you simply want to make your endgame board, go ahead manufacture it, and use it by yourself. But if you also want to make some money from copied design, expect a community backlash. Or change the design, add something original, and show that at least some effort was done on it. That way you can make a keyboard that you want and gain some recognition.

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 09:25:05 »
I still think people has been way too nice from what I've seen on prior posts (2k keyset flashbacks!) for something that is clearly a Rama ripoff rather than a Rama inspired board.

If we're going to criticise, we may as well do it constructively. Otherwise they'll never learn.

Offline Sicowa

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 09:46:16 »
why does this still exist :/
If you want to actually run this. run it as a private gb.
otherwise your probably going to get in some hot water for this.
 :thumb:
Collection: Khajit 60, Leopold FC980C, Pepper, Ex. Visa, Daedalus

pfp:https://twitter.com/kuroseP/status/1305179874429079553?s=19

Offline $W4GK!NG

• Keyboard/Car/Audio Enthusiast
    • Linktree
Re: [IC] the project has ended
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 05:49:44 »
The project is over

Guess I'm a little too late to the clown fiesta OMEGALULiguess

Offline mrpokemone

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 18:44:21 »
down 2 clown

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 11:24:28 »
Looks like we *****slapped that one into orbit.

Systems -
More

Keyboards -
More