geekhack Community > Keyboards

Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)

<< < (3386/3394) > >>

ShangWang:
I have this RK ROYAL KLUDGE RK84 keyboard where I lubed the stabilizer wires with dielectric grease and the housing with G-lube. I made sure to put a thin layer for the housing a relatively thick coating on the wires. I also put a band-aid under the stabilizers and applied a bit of dielectric grease on them.

The keyboard comes with EVA foam already but I put one layer of painters tape on the PCB for more sound dampening.

It seemed like a tight fit when screwing the PCB back on the plate, but there were no issues with the stabilizers until I repeatedly pressed down on my spacebar and eventually it started rattling. It's more of a wriggle sensation/sound when pressing down on the keys, but it seems like it's permanently like this despite

Is this normal for these stabilizers, or is it because of the tape mod somehow?

Melvang:
Would anyone have or know where I could get CAD files for Ergo Dox PCBs so I can start designing a case for my kiddo?

Rhienfo:

--- Quote from: Melvang on Thu, 21 December 2023, 06:46:43 ---Would anyone have or know where I could get CAD files for Ergo Dox PCBs so I can start designing a case for my kiddo?

--- End quote ---

This should have the files for the ergodox pcb

https://github.com/Ergodox-io/ErgoDox

the ergodox website should also have it (or at least a way to find it) just in case the github doesn't - https://www.ergodox.io/

Hope this helps and the project turns out well, always love seeing stuff like this.

Rhienfo:

--- Quote from: ShangWang on Sat, 02 December 2023, 15:23:44 ---I have this RK ROYAL KLUDGE RK84 keyboard where I lubed the stabilizer wires with dielectric grease and the housing with G-lube. I made sure to put a thin layer for the housing a relatively thick coating on the wires. I also put a band-aid under the stabilizers and applied a bit of dielectric grease on them.

The keyboard comes with EVA foam already but I put one layer of painters tape on the PCB for more sound dampening.

It seemed like a tight fit when screwing the PCB back on the plate, but there were no issues with the stabilizers until I repeatedly pressed down on my spacebar and eventually it started rattling. It's more of a wriggle sensation/sound when pressing down on the keys, but it seems like it's permanently like this despite

--- End quote ---

If lube isn't the issue than maybe the wires are unbalanced. This seems helpful with fixing that - https://www.keebtalk.com/t/how-do-you-straighten-your-stabilizer-wires/13012

If there is still persistent rattle another thing that I have seen is that it is a spacebar issue and you need to put a little bit of thin cling wrap loosely where the ticking is happening (this is if you are talking about a ticking noise that occurs instead of rattle, only do this if you have tried everything and there is still ticking, and don't cram it in there as there is a risk that the spacebar stem may crack)

If literally nothing works than replacing the stabilizer would be an option, and also isn't too expensive.

ShangWang:

--- Quote from: Rhienfo on Thu, 21 December 2023, 07:18:43 ---
--- Quote from: ShangWang on Sat, 02 December 2023, 15:23:44 ---I have this RK ROYAL KLUDGE RK84 keyboard where I lubed the stabilizer wires with dielectric grease and the housing with G-lube. I made sure to put a thin layer for the housing a relatively thick coating on the wires. I also put a band-aid under the stabilizers and applied a bit of dielectric grease on them.

--- End quote ---

If lube isn't the issue than maybe the wires are unbalanced. This seems helpful with fixing that - https://www.keebtalk.com/t/how-do-you-straighten-your-stabilizer-wires/13012

If there is still persistent rattle another thing that I have seen is that it is a spacebar issue and you need to put a little bit of thin cling wrap loosely where the ticking is happening (this is if you are talking about a ticking noise that occurs instead of rattle, only do this if you have tried everything and there is still ticking, and don't cram it in there as there is a risk that the spacebar stem may crack)

If literally nothing works than replacing the stabilizer would be an option, and also isn't too expensive.

--- End quote ---

Thanks! I got the same set of stabilizers and it seemed to still persist, I think it's just how the stabilizers are so I'll just replace it with a different kind in the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version