Poll

Which Sale Format do you prefer?

Group Buy Style
Raffle Style
First Come, First Served Flash Sale

Author Topic: Sale Format Feedback  (Read 23254 times)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
Sale Format Feedback
« on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 18:50:11 »
After today, I wanted to get your thoughts on future sale models. Did you like this format (GB-esque-style) versus the static number raffle-style?

Or do you like first come, first served flash sales?
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 September 2015, 01:53:53 by Bro Caps »

Offline joey

Re: Sale Format Feedback
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 18:53:23 »
I think it's hard to tell without having any statistics behind it, but it seemed like nearly in this sale everyone that wanted one is getting one? (aside from the Stripe/site issues)

So I'd say for "getting people da caps", this format worked better. For "having an annoyingly fun, less caps, more hype" the raffle works better.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 18:53:55 »
I like all three.  I've never won a raffle, but raffle and first come first serve are both great for smaller runs.  If you're willing to do more, GB is great.  I can't really say I prefer one over the other since I think each has its own charm.

Edit:  I do have to say I hate the limits on the raffle.  They're always far higher than first come first serve mail sales and always seem to end up with a smaller group of people.  That's just an outside view though and it could be completely wrong.
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 September 2015, 19:17:22 by nubbinator »

Offline raymogi

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 18:57:23 »
GB style just like this one please. Sometimes it's not fair to us in the other side of the world as the timing of raffle style will be totally off.

I had been anticipating this sale since yesterday and turning on my alarm for 2am, 4am and 6am, and by doing that, has angered my pregnant wife.

I woke up too late for the Cherokey sale today, but am so glad to found out that it is a GB sale instead.

Looking forward to the caps. Thanks Bro!
Please feed my addiction.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 19:01:12 »
I would say raffle/groupbuy style today was nice since its a good way to guarantee you get one, which I honestly would love to see for the reapers anyway but I do think for most others the raffle is the best way to go, I do not like FCFS type as most outside the US are (No matter what anyone says) at a disadvantage due to connection :X

But its whatever you think is best, this was really nice though, and would love to see it done for some of your more unique designs or even some of the ones (mainly gamer sets) that seem like they might not take a much time to actually make? (I don't know though maybe they are the most time consuming? o.o)

Anyway this was you today in regards to key cap availability now no-one can say you don't make enough because it looks like everyone that wanted one got something O>O
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline temporal

• gear for the gear god
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 19:01:47 »
I agree that it comes down to the quantity available. Larger quantities GB and smaller raffle.

Maybe bring the limit down to 1-2 caps?

I'm a big fan of the GB format, though! 

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 19:02:40 »
I really like GB sales as I am able to get what I want but I enjoy raffle and flash sales as the caps are already completed and I receive them relatively quickly.

Offline joey

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 19:06:14 »
I think what FireBrand said also kind of makes sense. I feel like the gamer sets and "simpler" (from our perspective?) designs work well in a GB-ish format. Or having a GB for 1-2 single colour Brobot v3s, and then raffle sales for the more exotic designs?

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 19:07:12 »
I like the raffle style sales the best - you get time to participate and luck of the draw brings the hype.

Group Buys would be awesome on a limited time basis; i.e. since Cherokey GB is a thing, maybe wait a few more sales for the next GB, or even longer.

First come first served would be OK if it weren't strictly email sales - maybe if they were run like Krytone (google forms), or Binge (hate the gator), it'd be more fun since there's a mystery element standing in your way ready to dash your hopes and dreams. Since you can become skilled at timing your emails, it takes the fun away from it a bit.

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 19:15:29 »
I think a combination of group buys and raffle would be optimal. It's really cool to be able to get a cap that you really want through a group buy but at the same time the limited nature of certain caps creates very cool and fun hype around them. I feel that part of what making a cap highly valuable is the limited nature of it. Making very many of them, in my opinion may hurt the draw of the brand, regardless of how awesome the caps are. Plus, I know that when I received my first bro after waiting for so long, the feeling was truly incredible, like I had won the lottery. Thus some combination would be cool.

Offline mixenmatch

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 19:40:36 »
I think I find myself agreeing with the people saying a mix of group buys and raffles. That way, some caps still have that air of exclusivity, while others can be open to everyone who wants one. Very few people left unhappy that way.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 19:44:21 »
YO!!! MX Gamer GB... So legit!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline ImDaBaron

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 19:53:25 »
I voted for group buy. Probably because my lack of luck in raffles.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 20:04:06 »
It was nice, I think I still like the raffles better. I don't think anything can compare to the rush and excitement of a classic email sale though. I live for that countdown

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 20:05:03 »
Not sure if I got in yet or not. If I got in, I prefer Group Buy, if I didn't, I prefer first come first served.  :))

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 20:05:20 »

MX Gamer sets will be a regularly stocked store item on CTRL ALT  :thumb:

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 20:07:29 »
I appreciate fast turn around, so not sure how much I will enjoy the groupbuy method. Probably less salt to be had overall, so I completely understand it. That being said I love the flash sales even though they may be mentally/socially debilitating.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 20:08:20 »

Oh my... Thanks for this!
Please feed my addiction.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 20:09:14 »

omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 20:09:47 »
im not speaking for bro, but i think the best way to approach these sales is a healthy mix of the 3 options, as each one suits sales of different sizes etc, i think the real benefit of this thread is to give us a better understanding of how to weight the various sale types, rather than to pick one sale to rule them all
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 20:16:02 »
Show Image

I have to admit, I don't know how to feel when a girl uses that gif

^-^

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 20:22:07 »

Praise be to Bro! (Well there be green though? )

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 20:25:04 »
im not speaking for bro, but i think the best way to approach these sales is a healthy mix of the 3 options, as each one suits sales of different sizes etc, i think the real benefit of this thread is to give us a better understanding of how to weight the various sale types, rather than to pick one sale to rule them all

Pretty much how I feel about it.  Don't cause more stress for yourself just because people are whining about not getting in and how "it's not fair".

Show Image

^-^

Is this better?

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 20:27:20 »

I agree with what bunny. Variety is the spice of life!

I really like the idea of more big GB style sales, knowing that I can give my cash straight to the maker instead of being tempted by the aftermarket.

While I personally don't care too much that my caps are 'rare', I think there is still value in having the flash sales for smaller batches. This would keep a lot of the more hardcore Bro collectors very happy :)

The raffle style seems to be the best compromise between the other two styles. There are a lot of good times had on the forums when people discuss their 'dream tickets', letting people others know if they got in, post-sale bragging and trading... I think we'd lose some of this if there were only GB sales :)

I don't want bro to become a factory line cranking out 100s of caps just because salty people demand them. At the same time I really admire his hard work to get his prized caps into the hands of his fans, giving a giant middle finger to the losers who try and profit from the demand for said caps. Fvck yes bro-san FVCK YES!

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 20:30:03 »

I like mixing them up as it's not always possible to present each sale the same way.  Good on you Bro for doing the GB style.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 20:37:29 »
Show Image

^-^

tingly
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 20:41:13 »
Show Image

^-^

tingly

HEY! I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO SLEEP =)

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 20:43:39 »
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline petrock

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 20:44:58 »
Ok, So I am super new here but I thought I would share my view on the sales so far.

I've been trying to get a Bro for nearly a year. Now I haven't submitted tickets for every sale, nor have I been constantly refreshing the sale thread. I think that I regularly check at least once a week to see when sales are happening.

With the Cherokey sale, this will be my first Brocap. I'm currently 0/7 but I think there is something special about the chance at getting a cap through a raffle rather than buying it '2nd hand'. I agree with Bunny that having a combination of Flash Sales, Raffles, and Group Buys(?) are the way to go.

Either way, I'm excited.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 20:47:14 »
I have mixed feelings on it as well because I'm an avid trader of caps. If everyone has the same caps the trading market will go down hill but I also like the fact that people will get the caps they want. It's really kind of catch22 because its going to totally change the landscape of the Bro Caps product which might be a good thing....it might not .....

Before someone says its easy for you to say because you have caps sedate. Well as anyone here that's been around lately can probably attest to I hustle my little behind off for these caps I have. I have bought very few caps on the second hand market (although I am guilty of a few) however the hunt for a rare cap is half hell probably more then Half of the fun for me and the few rare caps I have I worked my way up with trades (red paper clip style) to get.

All that being said I guess my point of view is going to be the minority here so I'm not sure how much weight it's going to hold. If a cap had a run of 5 or 500 if I want it I'm going to get it wether it takes me a day or 3 months. Long story short I guess I want whatever works best for you Bro if the current model is not broke my opinion is dont fix it. However it may be more financially lucrative to go the way of HKP and run pre orders. Either way I love your work and If I have the money there's a good chance ill buy it  :eek: greater size runs will eventually equate to lower hype which MIGHT lead to a lower demand or at least the perception of it. I'm actually scared of the long term repercussions it will have but again I'm the minority and I want what works for everyone but most of all YOU BroCaps

Love ya

Sed8
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Belfong

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 20:54:22 »
I actually like this GB sale because I know that I will win what I chose. In raffles, while we can put our order in terms of priority, sometimes we get the keys at the bottom of our list, which will mostly end up in trade.

This GB style does not encourage us to put maximum keys. We know how much we have to pay and not get a shock by the bill (re: raffles style where people put maximum and cannot pay when the win).

I also think this GB will discourage after market sales which is a plus! Reason being the one who wants the caps will get what they want and has no reason to look for them in classifieds.
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 September 2015, 23:09:56 by Belfong »

Offline malaik0

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 21:01:18 »
in the game set or next sales will be possible pay with paypal?

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 21:08:32 »
I have mixed feelings on it as well because I'm an avid trader of caps. If everyone has the same caps the trading market will go down hill but I also like the fact that people will get the caps they want. It's really kind of catch22 because its going to totally change the landscape of the Bro Caps product which might be a good thing....it might not .....

Before someone says its easy for you to say because you have caps sedate. Well as anyone here that's been around lately can probably attest to I hustle my little behind off for these caps I have. I have bought very few caps on the second hand market (although I am guilty of a few) however the hunt for a rare cap is half hell probably more then Half of the fun for me and the few rare caps I have I worked my way up with trades (red paper clip style) to get.

All that being said I guess my point of view is going to be the minority here so I'm not sure how much weight it's going to hold. If a cap had a run of 5 or 500 if I want it I'm going to get it wether it takes me a day or 3 months. Long story short I guess I want whatever works best for you Bro if the current model is not broke my opinion is dont fix it. However it may be more financially lucrative to go the way of HKP and run pre orders. Either way I love your work and If I have the money there's a good chance ill buy it  :eek: greater size runs will eventually equate to lower hype which MIGHT lead to a lower demand or at least the perception of it. I'm actually scared of the long term repercussions it will have but again I'm the minority and I want what works for everyone but most of all YOU BroCaps

Love ya

Sed8

Sed, all of your points make sense to me and I get your stance on it. Even if you think it's a minority Bro is going to be listening :)

I think we might have a little period of 'lower exclusivity' in the brocap market, but I think it's needed and deserved. Hearing the gamer sets will be regular stock makes me think bro could have a shot at breaking through to a wider market and making some nice $$$. I'd be behind that. When someone asks me why I have some weird looking keys on my keyboard I say it's because they are the best sh*t that money can buy  :cool:

Even if that is the case, bro is an artist, so I'm sure he'd be doing flash sales for his GH OG's, just for kicks ;)

Offline Glissant

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 21:09:38 »
You can never please everyone, so whatever is better for you in the long run is the way to go. A mix of all three is most likely going to benefit the users most.
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 September 2015, 21:15:03 by Glissant »

Offline mbrown559

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 21:13:51 »
Seeing as how I'm never lucky, the idea of raffles always makes me cry. I'm 0/6 so far.  I honestly think making the caps as accessible for everyone that wants them is best.  Demand is created by producing a quality product and you do. I don't think there is a need to make them "exclusive". That just promotes third-party resell and copy cats.  Supply may still be limited, but the option that gives the people the most opportunity I think is best.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 21:16:43 »
wish it will be a group buy and ****k yeah that cherokeyy gonna got my first brocaps yayaa  :p

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 21:24:46 »
I haven't read the comments so I don't know if I'm repeating everyone.

I like the rush and the game of it all. And then the fun of trading. You get to know folks along the way.  I like the camaraderie of us all wondering together "did I get in" and congratulating each other and commiserating with each other.

So I guess IMHO raffles and email sales build community.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 22:17:34 »
Frankly, I prefer all methods even though I have terrible luck in all three.

I guess to a lot of people it all comes down to what is fair (aka, what makes me the least salty/butthurt?)

Raffles are the most fair, in the sense they are drawings at random. However, I didn't like how the limit was set at 5 on the last sale, for example. Lower limits will allow for more ticket winners. People who enter your drawings will be more apt to choose what they truly want, instead of what they could resell/trade immediately upon arrival. Raffles are also great because you keep them open for 24 hours, easily giving everyone a shot.

I pretty much can't stand flash email sales, however a lot of people enjoy them. These are exclusive to basically anyone who is actively looking/has a notification on the Official Sale Thread at GH. Users essentially have a low amount of time to prepare or to even know there is a sale going on. A lot of users are basically at the mercy of their network when it comes down to properly timing these emails as well. Then you have some users might have an app or something that sends out an email at a specific time, which increases their chances (heard that at one point, no idea if people actually use this method). It seems like a lot of variables/factors can determine a winner here. I don't want to say the most skilled/apt mostly benefit, but there is some luck as well.

You could have an email sale that lasted 24 hours. You could establish a time where winners could be chosen over the course of X times a day. No one could win more than once. However, this would be more fair since it gave more people reasonable time frames to participate and you didn't leave a large chunk of users with nothing because they are in another part of the world. Basically just giving people more time and chances.

Group buys are obviously good. A lot of people got in, and there was a reasonable limit to what you could purchase. The problems arise when you have to deal with user inquiries at the beginning because of Stripe or a site problem. Overall, I think GBs are more than fair.

As I said, Raffles/GBs = super fair. However I think you could work on something that allows email sales to become a viable option for more users.
A lot of the complaints/concerns I mentioned throughout my post, are not exclusively my own, just what I might have seen as well from others.

TL;DR Basically, I would keep doing a mixture of all 3 - but with some tweaks.

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 22:37:22 »
My personal favorite are emails because of all the hype that comes when the timer is winding down.

However I think the most practical one are group buys, because almost everyone gets a piece of Bro's work.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 22:39:24 »
GB FOSHO! Raffle I never get picked and Flash Im always working lol

Offline Belfong

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 22:43:09 »
I haven't read the comments so I don't know if I'm repeating everyone.

I like the rush and the game of it all. And then the fun of trading. You get to know folks along the way.  I like the camaraderie of us all wondering together "did I get in" and congratulating each other and commiserating with each other.

So I guess IMHO raffles and email sales build community.

That's true too. We gotta keep the Therapy thread active, else what's the whole point?

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 22:51:54 »
Classic email sales all the way.

If I had to choose a second option I would choose GB over raffle.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 23:42:41 »
Yeah I'd say email sale if it was up there. Unless that is the same as flash sale? I imagine flash sale the ones with no date. They just go up. I like the email sales with a date. Then gb. Then raffle. Then flash with no warning.

Offline TastaturenAuslese

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 00:35:09 »
I think the GB style is nice every now and then to alleviate the stress of not getting a cap, but the raffle style sales give us the hype and "exclusiveness" of feeling like we earned that cap. Like what others are saying, you could stick to doing the raffles for more exclusive and limited caps :)
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More
IBM '89 1391401 Merrill Lynch Financial Edition

They are a functional and practical indulgence.

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 00:42:59 »
Yeah I'd say email sale if it was up there. Unless that is the same as flash sale? I imagine flash sale the ones with no date. They just go up. I like the email sales with a date. Then gb. Then raffle. Then flash with no warning.

Agreed

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #45 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 01:02:59 »
i want whateva u want

real talk
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #46 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 02:01:46 »
I like this GB like system, even if again it didn't work for me :)) I thought, oh man this time I get one, well NOT, after 3-4 tries with an error at the end I gave up. Grats for the people who made it  :thumb:

And a big  :thumb: to Bro for his amazing designs and CtrlAlt team for organizing these cool events (even if I never manage to get something :)) )

Bottom line all 3 systems seem to be a matter of luck, so for me all of them are the same :)
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #47 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 02:02:02 »
I think any style is good as long as there is some notice so people can plan to at least attempt to enter. Not much sucks more than checking out the forums to discover there was a sale that you missed out on.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 02:18:11 »
I prefer the raffle system because it's the 'most fair' and gives the best chance for people without Bro's to get in on the action. The other two sale types require monitoring gh too avidly for some of the newer chaps

Offline Belfong

« Reply #49 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 02:24:42 »
I like this GB like system, even if again it didn't work for me :)) I thought, oh man this time I get one, well NOT, after 3-4 tries with an error at the end I gave up. Grats for the people who made it  :thumb:

And a big  :thumb: to Bro for his amazing designs and CtrlAlt team for organizing these cool events (even if I never manage to get something :)) )

Bottom line all 3 systems seem to be a matter of luck, so for me all of them are the same :)

Is the error due to credit card system or what? I mean, if it's some technical issue, that's really a different thing, once sorted out, future GB sale would be a breeze. I don't think there's a limited stock at this moment, seeing that I was 5 hours late into the game and got in too.