Author Topic: The "does anyone else" thread  (Read 10072 times)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: The "does anyone else" thread
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 10:33:55 »
Does anyone else use the Austere theme (white)? So much better than the standard theme. No wonder why people think this is a l33th4x0r forum.

(Attachment Link)

Austere is the best theme.  Some people are misguided and think Nostalgia is, but it's okay we're all wrong sometimes.   :-*

Offline iri

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 10:46:43 »
I use Thoriated and like it.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 11:14:57 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 11:43:28 »

I mean, I do, but you decadent Westerners usually don't.

I'm yet to meet a Canadian who keeps shoes on in the house.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 12:48:56 »
I mean, I do, but you decadent Westerners usually don't.

I'm yet to meet a Canadian who keeps shoes on in the house.

Yeah, but you're a Northerner.  :P

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 13:21:53 »
Fall asleep every night watching tv in bed.  It has become habit for me.  Probably terrible to do but oh well.

Stay up late Sunday night because you are dreading to come into work on Monday.

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 13:25:27 »
Fall asleep every night watching tv in bed.  It has become habit for me.  Probably terrible to do but oh well.

I regularly watch TV before going to sleep but I turn it off when I get tired and start falling asleep

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 19:41:08 »

I regularly watch TV before going to sleep but I turn it off when I get tired and start falling asleep

This might be for you: http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/27/netflix-fitbit-hack/

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 19:47:40 »

Fun

But I don't have Netflix or a fitbit and I always turn off the TV / tablet or whatever I'm watching on before falling asleep xp

Though touch it might make use of that link

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 19:53:27 »

Really? It looks like MySpace in like 2002.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline iri

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 04:10:40 »

Really? It looks like MySpace in like 2002.
The difference is that I can load Geekhack pages. Unlike MySpace in 2002.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 08:13:41 »

:eek:  Finally!  I've been dreaming of something like this for years now.

* HoffmanMyster buys a Fitbit

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:31:10 »
Does anyone else like listening to music with a slightly higher pitch?

Here's a great website which lets you make on-the-fly pitch changes to songs you upload. Fun to listen to. You can even keep the tempo the same as the original song.

Only thing missing is an encrypted connection.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:43:48 »

Here's a great website which lets you make on-the-fly pitch changes to songs you upload. Fun to listen to. You can even keep the tempo the same as the original song.

I prefer more bass.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 02:04:58 »
I tried to make a thread like this too, mine failed. lol

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=72524.msg1769330#msg1769330

"DAE cry in the corner?"
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 21:57:48 »

You can pitch-shift locally using Audacity (tutorial here).

I used this once to make myself sound like an elf for a parody song I made.

My boards:
More