Blue legends on White caps
61 (5.7%)
White legends on Black caps
72 (6.7%)
White legends on Red caps
32 (3%)
White legends on Blue caps
40 (3.7%)
Other colours (specified in the comment field)
35 (3.2%)
Blanks (no legends)
122 (11.3%)
Black legends on Grey caps
59 (5.5%)
White legends on Grey caps
31 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 346

Author Topic: Keycaps  (Read 414005 times)

Offline blackbox

Re: Keycaps
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 13:12:39 »
cant wait
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline prox

« Reply #151 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 04:21:22 »
Long time lurker, first time poster  ;)

What method/s will be the best/quickest way to get hold of the keycap sets when they're ready to go? GH GB? MassDrop? Matias webstore?

Thanks!
fleetfeather @ OCN and OCAU

Offline Matias

• http://matias.ca
« Reply #152 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:31:48 »

Long time lurker, first time poster  ;)

What method/s will be the best/quickest way to get hold of the keycap sets when they're ready to go? GH GB? MassDrop? Matias webstore?

We'll have everything up on the Matias webstore first.  GH GB will be for custom legends or custom colours.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #153 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 17:36:04 »
What will the layout & case look like on the upcoming 60%?

The case would be minimalist -- as small as we can make it.  The layout would be something like this...

(Attachment Link)

This gives you all the most important keys, without having to go through an Fn layer.  It's essentially a Tenkeyless without the function keys.

You should have well grounded reasons for the design, however non standard keys makes the board to have a fixed layout with no customization options, the same that non mechanical keyboards are. The main reasons some prefer MX based keyboards is precisely the choices for different keycaps. I am sure you know that, but for certain reason you are ignoring it. You should know your business better than us for sure.

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 19:01:15 »
however non standard keys makes the board to have a fixed layout with no customization options,
There’s no “standard” set of keycap shapes on Alps keyboards, because most of the interesting ones are from the 80s or early 90s. They almost all have various funny layouts, and many keycaps end up not being interchangeable.

Would you prefer a layout similar to the main section of an Apple M0115 or M0116, or similar to a Dell AT101, or one of the various Chicony or NTC keyboards, or one of the Northgate Omnikeys? These are all different from the shape that has come to be the accepted “standard” post–Windows 95 keyboard layout, and almost all different from each-other.

Where do you plan to source these “standard keys” from? Signature plastics only makes Alps keycaps that accept Cherry-style stabilizers, so those are going to be right out no matter what layout Matias chooses, unless you want to figure out how to 3d-print some specialized stabilizer inserts. Are you going to just stick with Tai Hao alps keycaps? Personally I’m not much of a fan.

The keycaps that Matias is planning are going to be hopefully better than most anything else you’d be able to get new today. Do you have some specific other set you have in mind? Otherwise, I don’t think your complaint has much meat to it.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 June 2014, 19:04:44 by jacobolus »

Offline Matias

« Reply #155 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 19:03:27 »
What will the layout & case look like on the upcoming 60%?

The case would be minimalist -- as small as we can make it.  The layout would be something like this...

(Attachment Link)

This gives you all the most important keys, without having to go through an Fn layer.  It's essentially a Tenkeyless without the function keys.

You should have well grounded reasons for the design, however non standard keys makes the board to have a fixed layout with no customization options, the same that non mechanical keyboards are.

The goal of this design is to provide the functionality/productivity of a TKL in the size of a 60% board.

In particular, you have arrow keys, the nav cluster, and both tilde & Esc in mostly standard locations. Other 60% boards lack some or all of these features.

The main reasons some prefer MX based keyboards is precisely the choices for different keycaps. I am sure you know that, but for certain reason you are ignoring it. You should know your business better than us for sure.

We plan to offer different keycaps, so I don't see this as a major problem.

Offline barihunk

« Reply #156 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 22:40:32 »
I may have said this somewhere else, but IMHO your current 75% layout (laptop pro, mini pro etc) would be perfect for a FC660C/M style 60% board. Just get rid of the function row, move that function key from above the right arrow, switch the case design to a more minimal case, and it would be perfect. No more odd-sized keys to be concerned about.

Please make this.

Offline Matias

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 23:11:36 »

I may have said this somewhere else, but IMHO your current 75% layout (laptop pro, mini pro etc) would be perfect for a FC660C/M style 60% board. Just get rid of the function row, move that function key from above the right arrow, switch the case design to a more minimal case, and it would be perfect. No more odd-sized keys to be concerned about.

Please make this.

I can understand the attraction of this, but the FC660C/M has already done it, so I don't see much point in us doing it.

Offline blackbox

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 00:01:17 »
Woo hoo, Pop Rocks!  Thanks, Bunny! <3

Show Image

Please make this.

I can understand the attraction of this, but the FC660C/M has already done it, so I don't see much point in us doing it.

But the FC660 series does not have Matias switches
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!

Offline Matias

« Reply #159 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 00:07:34 »

But the FC660 series does not have Matias switches

True that....  :-)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #160 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 13:43:39 »
however non standard keys makes the board to have a fixed layout with no customization options,
There’s no “standard” set of keycap shapes on Alps keyboards, because most of the interesting ones are from the 80s or early 90s. They almost all have various funny layouts, and many keycaps end up not being interchangeable.

Would you prefer a layout similar to the main section of an Apple M0115 or M0116, or similar to a Dell AT101, or one of the various Chicony or NTC keyboards, or one of the Northgate Omnikeys? These are all different from the shape that has come to be the accepted “standard” post–Windows 95 keyboard layout, and almost all different from each-other.

Where do you plan to source these “standard keys” from? Signature plastics only makes Alps keycaps that accept Cherry-style stabilizers, so those are going to be right out no matter what layout Matias chooses, unless you want to figure out how to 3d-print some specialized stabilizer inserts. Are you going to just stick with Tai Hao alps keycaps? Personally I’m not much of a fan.

The keycaps that Matias is planning are going to be hopefully better than most anything else you’d be able to get new today. Do you have some specific other set you have in mind? Otherwise, I don’t think your complaint has much meat to it.

While I really appreciate your comments, I'd better like to read the reasons behind the design logic Matias has. In regards with your comments, the motivation for the question is beyond current ALPS keycaps availability, and it mainly relates with the lack of standardization of caps and stabilizers for ALPS. I would like to know the reasoning for this new board just adding variety to a new ALPS board. Maybe you are right, and if someone wants ALPS she must know no customization options would be available ever.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #161 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 13:44:41 »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #162 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 13:45:44 »
While I really appreciate your comments, I'd better like to read the reasons behind the design logic Matias has. In regards with your comments, the motivation for the question is beyond current ALPS keycaps availability, and it mainly relates with the lack of standardization of caps and stabilizers for ALPS. I would like to know the reasoning for this new board just adding variety to a new ALPS board. Maybe you are right, and if someone wants ALPS she must know no customization options would be available ever.

What new board are you referring to? I believe jacobolus' statement is just aimed at keycaps.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #163 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 13:48:39 »

What new board are you referring to? I believe jacobolus' statement is just aimed at keycaps.

Mine is not. I quoted the new Matias 60% layout and asked why it should have half size keycaps instead of full 1u or larger sizes.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #164 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 13:53:09 »
Who else is making Alps keycaps besides Matias right now? Matias is making a board and the keycaps to customize it later. SP and Tai Hao *could* but SP has mold issues and Tai Hao has MOQ issues. And like jacobolus said, both of those companies have stabilizer issues. So Matias will sell the boards and then the caps to customize if I understand correctly. Seems like you should be able to customize later.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #165 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 14:14:02 »
Who else is making Alps keycaps besides Matias right now? Matias is making a board and the keycaps to customize it later. SP and Tai Hao *could* but SP has mold issues and Tai Hao has MOQ issues. And like jacobolus said, both of those companies have stabilizer issues. So Matias will sell the boards and then the caps to customize if I understand correctly. Seems like you should be able to customize later.

That's my point. Why develop layouts that are not "compatible" in between them?...Or maybe they are. I took a look at the ergo and it appears to share most of the keycaps with the new ~60% layout.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 June 2014, 14:16:50 by ideus »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #166 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 14:19:06 »
And that's the other point of jacobolus' post. There is nothing standard in Alps. What do you consider standard in the Alps world? It's not as easy as saying ANSI or ISO like in MX. Are you saying it would make more sense to have caps that are similar to the rest of the Matias line?

Matias has said that much of the caps are like the ergo and that's why the PBT caps are coming out later.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 14:23:09 »
On that note...

Anyone have a CAD drawing of a stabilized key switch hole for Alps? You know, the little rectangle cutout below and offset to the switch hole...
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Matias

« Reply #168 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 14:43:31 »

Mine is not. I quoted the new Matias 60% layout and asked why it should have half size keycaps instead of full 1u or larger sizes.

I can understand your concern.  Let me try to explain better...

The ALPS keycap market right now is chronically underserviced.  With so few ALPS board makers, this is unlikely to change unless somebody steps up and fills the void.  So, we will be filling that void ourselves -- but also going a few steps further...

Keycap tooling is extremely expensive, so you need to plan very carefully and design it for what your present (and future) needs are.  Once you have it, you want to use it as much as possible.  Otherwise, you've just spent a pile of money for nothing.

The 3/4u caps open up a whole new set of options for keyboard layouts that aren't possible with Cherry. The Ergo Pro is the first to use them, but we would not do keycap tooling for just one keyboard.  The proposed 60% also uses them, and we will sell standalone caps as well.

We're investing big in tooling.  It would be insane not to use it as much as possible, so you can bet that there will be lots of keycap options available once it's done.

Having said all that, for keys 1.75u and smaller, no stabilizers are required, so you can safely buy those from any current source.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #169 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 14:48:09 »
Matias, can you provide a drawing, or even just measurement reference, for those stabilizers holes for the switch plate? I'd like to be able to use your keycaps with my plate designs.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Matias

« Reply #170 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 15:09:50 »

Matias, can you provide a drawing, or even just measurement reference, for those stabilizers holes for the switch plate? I'd like to be able to use your keycaps with my plate designs.

Yes, see below...

67910-0

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #171 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 15:14:38 »

Yes, see below...

(Attachment Link)

Awesome! But I think I'm missing a dimension...the horizontal dimension from switch centerline to stabilizer centerline.

in memoriam

Offline Matias

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 16:12:15 »

Yes, see below...

(Attachment Link)

Awesome! But I think I'm missing a dimension...the horizontal dimension from switch centerline to stabilizer centerline.

Depends on the width of the cap...

28mm for 2u, 2.25u

36mm for 2.75u

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #173 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 16:21:39 »

I can understand your concern.  Let me try to explain better...

The ALPS keycap market right now is chronically underserviced.  With so few ALPS board makers, this is unlikely to change unless somebody steps up and fills the void.  So, we will be filling that void ourselves -- but also going a few steps further...

Keycap tooling is extremely expensive, so you need to plan very carefully and design it for what your present (and future) needs are.  Once you have it, you want to use it as much as possible.  Otherwise, you've just spent a pile of money for nothing.

The 3/4u caps open up a whole new set of options for keyboard layouts that aren't possible with Cherry. The Ergo Pro is the first to use them, but we would not do keycap tooling for just one keyboard.  The proposed 60% also uses them, and we will sell standalone caps as well.

We're investing big in tooling.  It would be insane not to use it as much as possible, so you can bet that there will be lots of keycap options available once it's done.

Having said all that, for keys 1.75u and smaller, no stabilizers are required, so you can safely buy those from any current source.

Makes a lot of sense from an operational cost point of view. However, It is not known if keyboards with that size of caps may get attention from Cherry users that are comfortable with full size keys. If ALPS keyboards may get a share of current board market, unless current keyboard aficionados change from other switches to ALPS, the only other alternative may be to get the attention of rubber dome users, which is not an easy task, considering pricing braket gap.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #174 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 16:26:30 »

Yes, see below...

(Attachment Link)

28mm for 2u, 2.25u

36mm for 2.75u

Ah, thanks again!

in memoriam

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #175 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 16:43:54 »

28mm for 2u, 2.25u

36mm for 2.75u
Ah, thanks again!
Also note, this one doesn't have to be too precise. The little holes just have to be inside where the bent corner of the stabilizer wire goes. The little clips clip along the long side of the wire, so in general they could safely move 5mm or something. Just eyeball a maximum dimension based on the specific keycap size, and then pull in a bit from there.

Offline Matias

« Reply #176 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 17:03:20 »

Makes a lot of sense from an operational cost point of view. However, It is not known if keyboards with that size of caps may get attention from Cherry users that are comfortable with full size keys. If ALPS keyboards may get a share of current board market, unless current keyboard aficionados change from other switches to ALPS, the only other alternative may be to get the attention of rubber dome users, which is not an easy task, considering pricing braket gap.

You make good points...

We can either compete solely on the advantages of ALPS switches on boards that are otherwise exactly the same as Cherry, or we can offer something unique.

We've followed the latter strategy so far, but there are risks to both approaches.  IMO the biggest risk is not getting noticed.  If you have something that's too similar to the incumbent, it's easy to get overlooked.  If you have something that's too crazy, too few people will buy it and you've wasted a lot of effort for nothing.

Quiet switches and superior Mac support have been our main differentiators so far, and things have worked out pretty well.

To that, we'll soon be adding the Ergo Pro and superior keycaps.

Our 60% keyboard design may fall into the "too crazy" category.  I'm not sure yet.  We'll know after the IC.

In any case, I certainly appreciate your feedback, and the feedback of others here on GH.  We're doing our best to breathe life back into the ALPS market.  It's a long game we're playing, and we're taking some risks -- but life without risks is a little boring.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #177 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 17:44:38 »

You make good points...

We can either compete solely on the advantages of ALPS switches on boards that are otherwise exactly the same as Cherry, or we can offer something unique.

We've followed the latter strategy so far, but there are risks to both approaches.  IMO the biggest risk is not getting noticed.  If you have something that's too similar to the incumbent, it's easy to get overlooked.  If you have something that's too crazy, too few people will buy it and you've wasted a lot of effort for nothing.

Quiet switches and superior Mac support have been our main differentiators so far, and things have worked out pretty well.

To that, we'll soon be adding the Ergo Pro and superior keycaps.

Our 60% keyboard design may fall into the "too crazy" category.  I'm not sure yet.  We'll know after the IC.

In any case, I certainly appreciate your feedback, and the feedback of others here on GH.  We're doing our best to breathe life back into the ALPS market.  It's a long game we're playing, and we're taking some risks -- but life without risks is a little boring.

Thank you for the sounding explanation. The 60% market may be the one where you may explore an intermediate strategy, with an offer that may attract the attention of some users. Based on the demand for small keyboards, and the fact that no one of them seems to be an actual market leader you may find a niche with good sales potential. Thank you for listening, and I really hope you hit a home run.

Offline blackbox

« Reply #178 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 18:06:04 »
Matias is a awesome company that listens to it customers :). Counting on many different spacebar sizes!

The LAN table!

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #179 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 20:14:29 »

[...] Do you have some specific other set you have in mind? Otherwise, I don’t think your complaint has much meat to it.

Hey Ideus,

Sorry, I didn’t mean for my comment to be quite so aggressive/dismissive sounding. Mainly, I’m just trying to understand where you’re coming from, and what your goals are.

For instance, are you just worried that you’d purchase a keyboard and then not have as many aftermarket keycaps as you’d like? Or are you trying to use a specific set of old keycaps you already have? Or...

From my perspective it seems like any choice for a new Alps-like switch keyboard is valid, because there aren’t really any existing “standards” (beyond the shape of basic 1x1 keys), especially among keyboards still being made.

For stuff like spacebars, what I’d personally want to see Matias make is as wide a variety of sizes as they’re willing to, and in particular as many sizes in the 1.5–4 unit range as possible. I personally think spacebars bigger than about 3 units long are a waste of space, so I’ll be really happy once I can get hold of some of those 2.5x1.5 spacebars, and it sounds like maybe 2.75x1 as well. I’d also really like to see some spacebar sizes like 2.5x1, 2x1, 1.5x1, but I understand that every additional keycap shape is hugely expensive to make tooling for, and those might not have enough demand.

Among other keycap shapes, what I mostly want to see is: various small-ish keys like 1x1, 1.25x1, and 1.5x1, available in as many row profile shapes as possible. (I’d be overjoyed if there were spherical caps available, but several choices of cylindrical rows is great too.) I want to get a handful of each available shape, so I can figure out which ones I need to complete existing fun old sets of keycaps, so I can use them on new layouts.

Since I mainly want to make my own shaped keyboards, I don’t much care what layouts Matias offers for full keyboards or group-buy kits, except insofar as they use interesting keycap sizes that I can take advantage of.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #180 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 10:48:49 »

[...] Do you have some specific other set you have in mind? Otherwise, I don’t think your complaint has much meat to it.

Hey Ideus,

Sorry, I didn’t mean for my comment to be quite so aggressive/dismissive sounding. Mainly, I’m just trying to understand where you’re coming from, and what your goals are.

For instance, are you just worried that you’d purchase a keyboard and then not have as many aftermarket keycaps as you’d like? Or are you trying to use a specific set of old keycaps you already have? Or...

From my perspective it seems like any choice for a new Alps-like switch keyboard is valid, because there aren’t really any existing “standards” (beyond the shape of basic 1x1 keys), especially among keyboards still being made.

For stuff like spacebars, what I’d personally want to see Matias make is as wide a variety of sizes as they’re willing to, and in particular as many sizes in the 1.5–4 unit range as possible. I personally think spacebars bigger than about 3 units long are a waste of space, so I’ll be really happy once I can get hold of some of those 2.5x1.5 spacebars, and it sounds like maybe 2.75x1 as well. I’d also really like to see some spacebar sizes like 2.5x1, 2x1, 1.5x1, but I understand that every additional keycap shape is hugely expensive to make tooling for, and those might not have enough demand.

Among other keycap shapes, what I mostly want to see is: various small-ish keys like 1x1, 1.25x1, and 1.5x1, available in as many row profile shapes as possible. (I’d be overjoyed if there were spherical caps available, but several choices of cylindrical rows is great too.) I want to get a handful of each available shape, so I can figure out which ones I need to complete existing fun old sets of keycaps, so I can use them on new layouts.

Since I mainly want to make my own shaped keyboards, I don’t much care what layouts Matias offers for full keyboards or group-buy kits, except insofar as they use interesting keycap sizes that I can take advantage of.

I was trying to understand the R&D logic of Matias' market plan, that relates with decisions for their product designs - mainly boards - that he already explained deeply enough for us to understand it. From the consumer's perspective, the issue is just a matter of deciding if a product fits your needs and likes, or not, which I consider trivial as it is as diverse as our community. Besides, GH is not the main part of the KB market, and our views are biased as we are willing to pay hefty premium prices for specialty KB, but Matias seems to be on target to capture the attention of a much broader public like Apple users, which we do not necessarily understand, nor share its needs, neither its wants. Thus, it is not a matter of what I want, but how this special vendor is approaching the endeavor of develop this segment of the M-KB market.

Offline Matias

« Reply #181 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 20:21:47 »

Thank you for the sounding explanation. The 60% market may be the one where you may explore an intermediate strategy, with an offer that may attract the attention of some users. Based on the demand for small keyboards, and the fact that no one of them seems to be an actual market leader you may find a niche with good sales potential. Thank you for listening, and I really hope you hit a home run.

Thanks!  We're pretty excited about the stuff we're working on.

28mm for 2u, 2.25u

36mm for 2.75u
Ah, thanks again!

Also note, this one doesn't have to be too precise. The little holes just have to be inside where the bent corner of the stabilizer wire goes. The little clips clip along the long side of the wire, so in general they could safely move 5mm or something. Just eyeball a maximum dimension based on the specific keycap size, and then pull in a bit from there.

Yes, this is true.  You could easily use the same 28mm spacing for both.

Offline grapenutster

• Memories of Green
« Reply #182 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 10:36:54 »
We'll have everything up on the Matias webstore first.  GH GB will be for custom legends or custom colours.

Hi Matias,

Any chance for transparent or translucent keycaps?
It's too bad she won't live, but then again, who does?

Offline Matias

« Reply #183 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 00:00:18 »

Hi Matias,

Any chance for transparent or translucent keycaps?

Yes, but first rounds of caps are solids.

Offline g012

« Reply #184 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 10:03:05 »
Hello, I'm new here and would like to build a keyboard using Matias switches. I'd need keycap sets similar to ergodox ones.
I see this thread has been going for a while, but I didn't see any actual more or less vague date as to when Matias is going to sell their own keycap sets. Is it a matter of weeks, months, or next year ?
Thank you.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #185 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 10:45:29 »
It's stated earlier this thread that Matias is releasing the keycaps this year. However, there's no set dates since they're focusing on the ergo pro release first. ABS is coming "soon". The PBT caps were coming after August, most likely in Q4. Should also have a GH gb for special colors/translucent caps and a 60% board. Of course, I'm not a Matias rep so this is just my own understanding. The timing could still change.

Offline Matias

« Reply #186 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 00:11:50 »

It's stated earlier this thread that Matias is releasing the keycaps this year. However, there's no set dates since they're focusing on the ergo pro release first. ABS is coming "soon". The PBT caps were coming after August, most likely in Q4. Should also have a GH gb for special colors/translucent caps and a 60% board. Of course, I'm not a Matias rep so this is just my own understanding. The timing could still change.

Yes, this is essentially correct.

The ABS caps are already made and are being printed now.  They will go on sale probably in a month or so.  Blanks will also be available in both in black and white.

PBT will be available towards the end of the year.

Offline sangdaekim

« Reply #187 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 01:13:05 »
Wow!

I'm using Laptop Pro and I love it!!  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :thumb:

Will you support Keycap for Dvorak layout as well?

Offline Altis

« Reply #188 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 22:59:23 »

The ABS caps are already made and are being printed now.  They will go on sale probably in a month or so.  Blanks will also be available in both in black and white.

Really looking forward to the PBT caps. A nice blank set would be great! Will they be available for the full size board?

Thanks, and regards from Ottawa!
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline geniekid

« Reply #189 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 07:44:12 »

How is this going?

Offline Matias

« Reply #190 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 18:30:08 »

How is this going?

Just got an update...

First keycap shipment arrives Oct 16.  Will take a few days to clear Customs, so they'll definitely be available before the end of Oct.

Offline blackbox

« Reply #191 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 23:48:44 »

Nice! cant wait(oh wait, I have to)!

How is this going?

Just got an update...

First keycap shipment arrives Oct 16.  Will take a few days to clear Customs, so they'll definitely be available before the end of Oct.

The LAN table!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 09:10:52 »
Here's so more information about the keycaps that Matias is going to offer.

What kind of keycaps? (material and printing type?)

We'll be selling ABS caps soon, laser etched. 

We also have PBT tooling for some caps, with the rest coming over the next year.

SP has tooling for ABS doubleshots.

Offline Tiramisuu

« Reply #193 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 17:28:09 »
A canadian source of keycaps and switches that I would like to use for a custom.

Now all I need is a board and plate for alps that fits in a standard 60% case and I can build an HHKB killer all my own.
Keyboard error F1 to continue.

Poker 2, Gherkin, Lets Split, Planck, Filco

Offline Super_Six

« Reply #194 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 22:23:32 »
Any update on these keycaps? Still waiting.. KBParadise V60 with Matias is getting very lonely and growing restless.

Offline Matias

« Reply #195 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 08:36:41 »

Any update on these keycaps? Still waiting.. KBParadise V60 with Matias is getting very lonely and growing restless.

Sorry for the delay.  A lot of stuff on the go right now, but we've received our first keycap shipment (shown below) and are sorting it all out this week.  Will be available for order very soon...

81472-0

Offline blackbox

« Reply #196 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 09:34:03 »
Sweet!

The LAN table!

Offline ickarumba1

« Reply #197 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 18:28:29 »
Is there an update on when the keycaps will be available?

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #198 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 12:21:44 »
Yesterday (Dec 31, 2014), I received an encouraging email from Steve McGowan from the Matias company. He said that Matias expects to have keycaps available on its website, perhaps as early as next week, coinciding with their CES announcement.

In the meantime, keycaps can be ordered by emailing barb@matias.ca.

Here are some of the specifics:

+ Full set for the Matias Quiet Pro, 50 USD plus shipping and applicable taxes.
+ 6.25x spacebars, black or white, 5 USD + shipping/taxes.
+ Individual 1.00x, 1.00 USD + shipping/taxes.
+ Bottom-row 1.25x mod keycap; other larger than 1.00x keycaps, 2.00 USD + shipping/taxes.
+ Keycaps with legends for PC only, no Mac-specific caps sold separately.
+ Blanks available in black or white.
+ Keycaps for the Matias 60 can be ordered separately from the Matias 60 site, but shipping could take 18 months.
+ All caps are ABS, except bottom-row for Matias 60, which are PBT.

Offline zxz

« Reply #199 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 16:48:54 »