Author Topic: [IC] GMK Ube  (Read 9119 times)

Offline jacobsmirror

[IC] GMK Ube
« on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 09:37:03 »

Welcome to the interest check for GMK Ube

About

Imagine walking through a bustling mall (pre-covid, obviously) and being struck by the irresistible olfactory assault of that Japanese yam ice cream provides to your senses. At first, it's just a smell, but then you notice the another hipster mall walker sauntering gleefully to an empty table. Why are they so happy, you ask? They sit down and slowly, almost reverently, remove the top of a non-branded, non-bleached, ethically produced and sourced ice cream cup. You can feel yourself salivating at the impending display of ice and cream... but what flavor... what color? You can't turn away.

Suddenly, in a turn of shock and horror, the hipster is distracted by an immediate deluge of cursing and napkins flying through the air but a few feet away. A maskless Karen-esque figure is having a heated argument with food court employee over not getting the right amount of chicken tenders in her order. The short-haired gladiator of mall injustice throws her package of fried chicken parts at the employee, but they expertly block the attack (obviously not the first time they've had to defend themselves against an onslaught of breaded and browned poultry). The shorted box of tendies sails directly towards the hipster with the ice cream, top already slightly ajar. In nearly slow motion, you notice one rogue half-eaten tender leave its protective box and sail right into the hipster's face, knocking off their fake glasses, and causing an involuntary, albeit incredibly late, reaction to try protect themselves.

In a twist of fate, the ice cream has ascended into the air, almost like it was returning to heaven. You watch the cup majestically arc to its pinnacle in flight, but as you do, you notice the most beautiful amethyst sphere revealing itself from the organic and completely recyclable packaging. It crosses between your hungry eyes and the overly bright food court pendant light, creating a happenstance lunar eclipse. Mouth agape by this glorious scene, you're frozen by the beauty of the perfectly formed sphere coming ever closer... darker... colder... ice-like...

You wake up on the floor of the food court and look around, Karen still screaming, hipster still looking confused and assaulted. You try to speak, but you realize your mouth isn't moving, and is terribly cold. You bring your hand to your mouth and feel something freezing, but smooth.... giving. You can begin to feel it melting in your mouth, the exotic flavor of something reminiscent of grandma's Thanksgiving sweet potato pie but sweet, colder, and more true. You look down at your hand and realize it's covered in the most beautiful purple color you've ever witnessed, like God Himself had been holding back the best hue until this very moment. Mesmerized by the sight and taste overload that literally just landed in your face, you lay back, close your eyes, and just melt into the ube experience. This, is the inspiration for GMK Ube.

Kits

There is but one way to experience Ube, and hence, one kit.

Colors

Renders

Horizon by Hand Engineering

Satisfaction75 by Cannonkeys

J-02 by Proto[Typist]

J-02 by Proto[Typist]

J-02 by Proto[Typist]

Vendors

US: Panc Interactive
(I haven't told Alex about this yet, but he won't tell me no.)
EU : TBD
UK : TBD
AU : TBD
China : TBD
SEA : TBD
CA : TBD
KR : TBD

Community Endorsements

"I heard what I thought was the apostle Paul speaking to me. He told me to break into the closest Burger King and kick in the western wall. What I found was this Keyset and a Glock with a laser sight"

-MrDongblaster

<< Join the IC >>

Renders by pwade3

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
Re: [IC] GMK Ube
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 09:39:58 »
GMK Taro

Offline Shell058

• sheep sheep sheep
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 09:40:19 »
wow these colors are fantastic, never seen anything like this, count me in!

Offline Pach

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 09:40:54 »
Never have I seen true innovation like this

Offline pokeballer21

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 09:41:28 »
I missed Taro count me in :)

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 09:43:14 »
If it is supposed to take place pre covid then why did you mention Mrs. Karen was not wearing a mask
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 09:46:22 »
GMK Taro
I believe he named it Ube  :thumb:

Offline Zakar1ya

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 09:48:14 »
GMK Taro

Just by the name I can tell you that set is based off of cards, probably not the same as this fresh innovative Ube design

Offline yoniwolf1202

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 09:54:02 »
I was hoping you would be able to get NK as the US vendor

Offline jacobsmirror

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 09:56:26 »

Mike left me on read and is banned henceforth from any meetups I am part of organizing.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 10:01:33 »

Mike left me on read and is banned henceforth from any meetups I am part of organizing.

RIP, Keycon 2022 and so on are now cancelled. GG

Offline Nonnegaard

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 10:26:38 »
Some people say that this looks like Taro but I just don't see it.
Aeon, TGR Jane V2, Dolphin 2021, Gherkin, Model M, 5°, NCR80, M0110-A

Offline jacobsmirror

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 10:45:39 »

Top is Ube, bottom is Taro, totally different.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 10:47:18 »
nice
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline dallman5

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 10:56:08 »
Not enough lore for me... pass.
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline KKoNaM

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 11:00:06 »
Joke aside, I'm in for a cooler Taro. Taro's alpha is a little bit too warm in real life IMO and the mod is also too dark (look good in natural light but I live inside my house unlucky)

Offline gnaw

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 11:34:01 »
look like that one set
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 April 2021, 11:47:39 by gnaw »

Offline JPoc

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 11:42:02 »
looks tasty, I hope we get a sequel for the about section

Offline unknownh

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 13:53:34 »
looks like olivia

TGR-Jane v2
 | TGR X SINGA UNIKORN 60 | Duck TC-V3 | Geonworks F1.69 | EX: GS "GUGA" 60 | yoot Calliope - XTFRLWKLTKL | AEK64 SKCM Browns | unknown60 WKL (x2) unknown60 WK (x2) RAMAWORKS M65-A RAMAWORKS KOYU RAMAWORKS M60-A |HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | HHKB Pro 2 

https://imgur.com/ntJaJ1c.png[/img]

Offline Chippy

• sus chef
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 15:24:17 »
gmk taro type beat
1.2og | Buddy 6xx | Le Fishe V1 Proto | xyz60 Rev2 | Quartermaster | Chimera65 | Satisfaction75 | Realforce 84u | Zenith Z-150 | Realforce 86u | 378
More
This and the swiss cheese keyboard is the next generation of keyboards

Offline iinko_mk

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 15:43:28 »
the innovation lately has been immense
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110839.0][img width=300 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/GKL0Jxi.png[/img][/url]

Offline Dennyroxsox

• a.k.a. Lollipopsaurus
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 15:52:15 »
But who made the renders?

Offline Bobatype

• Discord ID: BobaSweatandTears#1659
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 17:19:33 »

Show Image

Top is Ube, bottom is Taro, totally different.
Great comparison. But can you also put in GMK Olivia in there too?
Just to make the differences 100% sure

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 17:26:34 »
add in cojiro as well for color comparison?

Offline Aequoreal

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 12:40:53 »
Japanese yam? Isn't Ube natively from the Philippines

Offline Frayne

• For deskmat inquiries: illu_zn
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 18:16:50 »
I perfect this over the insane value contrast the mods and alphas have, of the GMK Taro. Looking forward to gb!

Offline shima

• keeb weeb
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 18:57:11 »
where have i seen such an original design? this reminds me of a certain plant!  :eek:
boards: anura

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 00:31:17 »
I perfect this over the insane value contrast the mods and alphas have, of the GMK Taro. Looking forward to gb!

totally agree, have to admit I prefer this over taro by a  long shot in terms of color haha

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 03:56:45 »
I love this!! GLWIC!  :p

Offline mr_fro2000

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 05:33:59 »
I agree that this looks very much like Taro.  I also agree that the colors are actually more pleasant... the alphas are a bit more pale which I prefer and the contrast is better.

Considering Taro extras disappeared in 10 seconds, I'll be glad when Ube runs.

Offline kure_

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 19:48:55 »
damn bro. search up "taro"  :p

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 19:54:07 »
damn bro. search up "taro"  :p

damn bro. Search up “April fools day” :p

Offline Havattack

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 21:21:23 »
If you add a dark alpha kit, there will pretty much be no point to GMK Dark Astra..... This kit is essentially a mix of GMK Light Astra and Dark Astra. Not that I have an issue with any of that, it not like any similar looking sets are ever run at the same time, and they give people options if they missed out on a kit they wanted.

Offline sagarsiddhpura

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 13:32:13 »
Kid: Mom we want gmk taro
Mom: We have taro at home
*GMK taro at home*