Author Topic: IBM Model M SSK for midling price:  (Read 7719 times)

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
IBM Model M SSK for midling price:
« on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 14:25:33 »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1991-IBM-Model-M-1397681-ps-2-DIN-SpaceSaver-Clicky-Mechanical-Keyboard/114161796911?hash=item1a9492c72f:g:DAAAAOSw9QVef6Fq

SSK for 236.55 which is an oddly specific price.

shipped.

Not too bad, comes with SDL cord to PS2 and adapter.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: IBM Model M SSK for midling price:
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 16:53:07 »

which is an oddly specific price.

I have done that sort of thing. Decide what real amount you want to walk away with and add shipping, ebay fees, Paypal fees, and sales tax to produce a specific sales price.

That said, most people would round up to an even dollar, or 5, or 10.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 17:40:29 »
I was thinking it was probably with shipping included, since it is free for the buyer.

Very short auction, the guy seems to want to be red of it today.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 19:52:53 »
It is quite discouraging when you put ion paper. A large flat rate game board box goes for about $18 domestic, $80 international. Ebay charges 10% plus a few more points (each) if you opt for things like "featured" listings, reserve prices, etc. Paypal gets 3%, and there may or may not be sales tax, depending on .... reasons.

So that $236 that you pay will really be something like $180 in the seller's pocket when the dust settles.

Several years ago I wrote a near dissertation-length post on my thoughts on selling on ebay.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 06:55:36 »
Several years ago I wrote a near dissertation-length post on my thoughts on selling on ebay.

Was a good read.    https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51443.0

And this listing is actually $249, a nice "round" number, but there's an eBay 5% off thing going on which gets the weird price.
Daily driver: SSK or Tenkeyless IBM AT
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 09:13:25 »
I thought that sounded familiar, I read it before I joined. It was very interested, especially as I buy on ebay alot, and it explains a lot of things.

the price has also gone down again: 229 now and he's reset his auction timer yet again.