Author Topic: Steezy60: Alps and SMK 60% PCB with split space support and more  (Read 55789 times)

Offline gnhuy91

Re: Steezy60: Alps and SMK 60% PCB with split space support and more
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 23:18:39 »
Awesome review! I hope Applet will do a small run so I could build a Canon alps board, would be fantastic.

Offline toniwonkanobi

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 15:25:05 »
Yeah this would be great. It's the only 60% PCB with flex cutouts and Alps support, yeah?

Offline Applet

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 05:36:03 »
Yeah this would be great. It's the only 60% PCB with flex cutouts and Alps support, yeah?
There is the voyager60 which also has the flex cut, there has been talk of doing a run of those I've seen (I hope with ai03's blessing). That is a very clean PCB, since the layout support is much more limited.

I will update the main post, but here is a short update:

I recently did a small run of these cards (done with the files in the release on my github), both SMK and Alps to verify the new revision and provide a few PCB's I promised for a long while now.

Changes in the new revision is added canon spherical support and aligning the PCB with my other projects, so a few component changes and PCB outline changes and other tweaks. We now have support for unikorn, tho not tested. Other than PCB changes, I have a PR to add VIA support. We initially had some issues, I have removed a lot of the support in VIA, and it now works fine. If you have a very non-standard layout, QMK is the way. For a more standard layout, the new VIA-implementation works. Should be added to the main repo within a month, if you need it earlier, I can provide the file.

I still have a few extras, DM me if there is interest in buying one or a few.

Here is a pic of the new revision:
255112-0
Quick test mount of the spherical keycaps:
255114-1

Thanks for showing interest in the project!  ;D
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 November 2020, 05:56:05 by Applet »

Offline Applet

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 05:03:31 »
Accidental post, updating main post.

Offline gnhuy91

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 12:09:51 »

Big Thanks to Applet for the great work! Finally I can make use of my canon typewriter keycaps, if anyone need a plate file for this layout just lmk (or I can cut it for you with some cost)

Offline Applet

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 22 November 2020, 16:15:32 »
Beautiful board! :D Thanks for sharing!

Offline Applet

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 06:22:49 »
I still have a few of these in SMK-version and one in Alps-version up for sale if anyone is interested, drop me a PM here or mail at mail@4pplet.com if so (green just like in main post). Apologies if someone did not get a response on PM, just send me a new one if that is/was the case.

Stay safe! :D

EDIT:
I also added the simplified VIA-config for this project to https://remap-keys.app/, you can remap your keys in the browser (only the latest chrome version is supported), this is also valid for my other QMK-projects.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 March 2021, 13:21:37 by Applet »

Offline toniwonkanobi

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 09:18:14 »
I still have a few of these in SMK-version and one in Alps-version up for sale if anyone is interested, drop me a PM here or mail at mail@4pplet.com if so (green just like in main post). Apologies if someone did not get a response on PM, just send me a new one if that is/was the case.

Stay safe! :D

EDIT:
I also added the simplified VIA-config for this project to https://remap-keys.app/, you can remap your keys in the browser (only the latest chrome version is supported), this is also valid for my other QMK-projects.

Are you not producing these in quantity yet? That's too bad :/ What a great PCB. The only like it as far as Alps support goes.

Offline Applet

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 09:42:50 »
Not in quantity yet. So far, I've mostly only made PCB's to verify the new revisions. I do have plans to make them available, but I still need to figure out the best way for me to do that (GB vs vendor vs making a webshop). :D

Offline u-ra

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 06:24:20 »
265420-0
Figuring out the layout.

Offline Applet

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 09:58:13 »
Oh, wow, love to see the builds! :D Really want to build a Monterey Blue board someday
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 March 2021, 10:08:09 by Applet »

Offline Hapi

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 27 March 2021, 12:26:49 »
I finally built my RAMA thermal:

KB: Rama Thermal Kuro
PCB: Steezy60 SMK, Rama Thermal doughter board
Plate: Red Anodized Aluminium
Switches: SMK 2nd gen, MX, clicky (new old stock)
Keycaps: Infinikey PBT WoB, BoW & Bred
Stabs: GMK
Foam: KBDFANS stabs sticker foam, KBDFANS spacebar foam, KBDFANS module foam

Awesome keyboard. Thank you, Applet  :thumb:

Offline Applet

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 29 March 2021, 03:13:10 »
Wow, such a pretty build! Thanks for sharing :cool:

Glad your Thermal was not lost ;D
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 March 2021, 02:56:17 by Applet »

Offline Hapi

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 15:27:48 »
Hello, Applet.
I'm sending you the correct position of the PSH connector. All wilba's PCBs have same position. If you had several boards made with a corrected connector position, I would buy 5 pieces. :)

Offline Applet

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 05:45:09 »
Hello, Applet.
I'm sending you the correct position of the PSH connector. All wilba's PCBs have same position. If you had several boards made with a corrected connector position, I would buy 5 pieces. :)
Hi, thanks for the measurements  :cool:

Currently, I have aligned this project with my other PCB's, and the daughter board connector is moved so it should fit rubber-worm mount well (like the unikorn or bakeneko). Is the position on the older or the new one an issue in wilba/rama boards? I will likely keep this new position for general releases. We could possibly do a one-off set of boards with the same daughter board connector placement like wilba.

Latest connector placement:
267213-0

Offline Hapi

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 05:56:59 »
Hello, Applet.
Hi, thanks for the measurements  :cool:

Currently, I have aligned this project with my other PCB's, and the daughter board connector is moved so it should fit rubber-worm mount well (like the unikorn or bakeneko). Is the position on the older or the new one an issue in wilba/rama boards? I will likely keep this new position for general releases. We could possibly do a one-off set of boards with the same daughter board connector placement like wilba.

Latest connector placement:
(Attachment Link)
Thermal has a groove for the connector and cable.
Because the connector is outside the groove, the leaf spring does not work. The connector touches the bottom of the case.

Offline Applet

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 07:29:47 »
I'll see if I can work in the possibility to have that position of the daughter board connector (and ESD-chip) also as an alternative assembly. :D

Offline PixelPlays__

• God, this hobby is so expensive.
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 19:33:12 »
How can I go about getting one of these?

Offline hanslau

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 14:24:30 »
The ATMEGA32U2-MU seems to be out of stock in many places, any replacement u can recommend that i can slot into JLCPCB?

Offline Applet

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 11:09:33 »
The ATMEGA32U2-MU seems to be out of stock in many places, any replacement u can recommend that i can slot into JLCPCB?
The ATMEGA32U2-AU can also be used. There is unfortunately no in stock alternative to the MCU at JLC  :(

Offline Applet

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 04:15:13 »
I've updated the project to the latest release (B4). Changes to the project:  :D
- I've added a second assembly option for daughter board connector that should be compatible with wilba cases (like the thermal). This is currently untested.
- I've improved bakeneko (and other rubberworm cases) support by moving the daughter board connector slightly and updating the PCB outline.
- Minor tweaks and changes

Hello, Applet.

Hey Hapi! This is now added, I currently don't have a planned production run tho. I still have some of the old SMK revision left.

Offline monotux

• personal blog
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 30 November 2023, 14:08:40 »
Just received and tested my steezy60 SMK PCB, works great! Now waiting for my new case and plate to arrive so I can finally build something with my SMK switches! :D

Offline Applet

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 01 December 2023, 03:31:38 »
Just received and tested my steezy60 SMK PCB, works great! Now waiting for my new case and plate to arrive so I can finally build something with my SMK switches! :D
Fun! Please share pics of the build when you are done with it (totally fine if you don't want to), it's always fun to see SMK builds  ;D

Offline monotux

• personal blog
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 06 December 2023, 03:02:18 »
Here it is!

The case is a HMKB V1 60 Standard Inox with a inox plate, and the keycaps are ePBT Extented 2048. In retrospect this build would have been easier if I'd used the 6.25U spacebar, but I only had a 7U stabilizer at hand and wanted to have the build done.

Offline Applet

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 06 December 2023, 14:07:13 »
Looks great!  ;D