Author Topic: [IC] GSKT-00  (Read 79201 times)

Offline Zeelobby

Re: [IC] GSKT-00
« Reply #300 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 09:35:10 »
So I've been looking around for keycaps for this beauty (assuming i get one, which i probably won't with my horrible luck), and was just curious if anyone else had any grandiose plans for this board? Part of me wants to go with a very traditional and soft color set. Another part of me wants to go with cerakote and one of the flashier GMKs.

If I do get a chance to get this board I'd definitely put dark mode olivia++ on ^^

Ooo, yeah. That'd look great. I might combo some keycaps. Part of me wants to GMK lux, or maybe some combo of modern dolch/dolch light.

Offline weaston

« Reply #301 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 09:46:52 »
So I've been looking around for keycaps for this beauty (assuming i get one, which i probably won't with my horrible luck), and was just curious if anyone else had any grandiose plans for this board? Part of me wants to go with a very traditional and soft color set. Another part of me wants to go with cerakote and one of the flashier GMKs.

I'm personally partial to the more classic look, silver case with red plate with some Cherry beige caps.  Or you could do black case with WOB, would look very professional.  Cerakoting is definitely where you get into weirder combos, usually louder.  The Rose Gold they have looks really nice though, has some metallic to it so it has a little sparkle to it.
DK Saver | Kingsaver | OTD 360 Corsa | OTD 456GT | OTD Cheat | KMAC 1.3 | KMAC 1.2 | KMAC Happy | KMAC Pad | KMAC Mini (Revo) | Singa | HHKB Pro 1 | GSKT-00 | IBM 5251 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model M | Dolch PAC | Kinesis Advantage

Offline weaston

« Reply #302 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 09:50:28 »
Speaking of Cerakote.  For anyone going that route, the unit you order will be silver regardless of the color you pick.  Silver is a cleaner "base" so to speak and is more neutral to the color you lay down on it.  The boards are media blasted before koting but still having it silver to begin with makes it easier.
DK Saver | Kingsaver | OTD 360 Corsa | OTD 456GT | OTD Cheat | KMAC 1.3 | KMAC 1.2 | KMAC Happy | KMAC Pad | KMAC Mini (Revo) | Singa | HHKB Pro 1 | GSKT-00 | IBM 5251 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model M | Dolch PAC | Kinesis Advantage

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #303 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 10:05:52 »
I'm personally partial to the more classic look, silver case with red plate with some Cherry beige caps.

Hell yeah, you can never go wrong with that combo. I'm hoping to grab myself that combo and throw on a set of GMK KA 1953 I currently have not being used.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #304 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 10:08:18 »

I'm personally partial to the more classic look, silver case with red plate with some Cherry beige caps.  Or you could do black case with WOB, would look very professional.  Cerakoting is definitely where you get into weirder combos, usually louder.  The Rose Gold they have looks really nice though, has some metallic to it so it has a little sparkle to it.

That is an awesome look. One of mine (assuming I get any, and hopefully two) would be silver + aluminum full plate + a classic cap set.

If I get the second though it'll probably be cerakote + red PCB + POM half-plate + something fancy

Honestly I might just go red pcb + black transparent POM half-plate + gateron blacks (with the black transparent housing), and then just never put key caps on and stare at it.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 January 2020, 10:12:52 by Zeelobby »

Offline PikaJoyce

« Reply #305 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 10:15:34 »

That is an awesome look. One of mine (assuming I get any, and hopefully two) would be silver + aluminum full plate + a classic cap set.

If I get the second though it'll probably be cerakote + red PCB + POM half-plate + something fancy

Honestly I might just go red pcb + black transparent POM half-plate + gateron blacks (with the black transparent housing), and then just never put key caps on and stare at it.
If I get one, I’d like a rose gold cerakote just for Olivia++. It sounds kind of basic, but it’s been a theme I’ve been going after for some time now! :D

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #306 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 10:23:05 »
If I get one, I’d like a rose gold cerakote just for Olivia++. It sounds kind of basic, but it’s been a theme I’ve been going after for some time now! :D

I do love the rose gold look. No doubt. Personally It'd be amazing to get the case as a two tone black+rose gold cerakote, and the Olivia++ dark. Damn. That's all I want now, lol.

Offline yui_

« Reply #307 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 12:11:47 »
I’m planning on beige caps with either grey or silver. @weaston can we get any pics of the different colours side by side to compare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #308 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 12:22:57 »
That Tequila Sunrise kote looked sick

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #309 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 12:58:25 »
Just a heads up. I got some cerakote swatches delivered (should have 5 more delivered today/tomorrow) that i'll post on here with some interesting colors. I'll try to take good photos of them. Again it likely won't reflect the exact final color you'd get from this order, and if anything I find the textures more interesting than anything else (not sure how well i can capture that in photos), but it'll just be some more info to pull hair out at.

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #310 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 15:15:33 »
Awesome, will hopefully snag one. Is there a discord or anything to keep up to date with updates?

Offline weaston

« Reply #311 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 15:36:29 »
Awesome, will hopefully snag one. Is there a discord or anything to keep up to date with updates?

Nope  I don't have a server.  I would prefer to keep all interactions and updates in one place, so will just be using Geekhack for it all.  Makes it easier for me.

Offline wencan008

« Reply #312 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 16:15:29 »
Don't have the funds on me to get a bit of everything, would you guys recommend an alu half plate or a pom or pc full plate?

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #313 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 16:26:20 »
Don't have the funds on me to get a bit of everything, would you guys recommend an alu half plate or a pom or pc full plate?

Half alu or full POM imo.

Half alu if you want maximal "clack" and more rigidity, full POM if you want a softer, more uniform feeling. PC is too "clicky" for me.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline adxlk

« Reply #314 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 18:54:34 »

Provide more info on what you like (sound, feel etc)
and especially, what switches you are going to be using

Offline androo

« Reply #315 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 20:47:04 »
So in on this board. Is there a figure for the approximant unbuilt weight?
adk64 | s7 elephant | m65-b | kei r2 | gskt-00 (waiting) | angel (waiting)

Offline Norato

« Reply #316 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 21:27:12 »

Not OP, but how about plate recommendations for a tactile build. Looking for a deep sound out of zealios with a soft flexy bottom out

Offline wencan008

« Reply #317 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 22:08:49 »

Half alu or full POM imo.

Half alu if you want maximal "clack" and more rigidity, full POM if you want a softer, more uniform feeling. PC is too "clicky" for me.

Thanks for the info

I like a deep thock (recently got some topre and liking the sound a lot). Probably will be using gat inks or nk creams. Not too sure what kind of feel I like, I've only really ever had hard bottom outs I think, which is why I'm between half alu and full pom because I'm guessing they'd both provide softer bottom out.

Offline born2relax

« Reply #318 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 02:07:21 »
for black inks, what plate would you go with?

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #319 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 07:49:01 »
For plates I was going to go with full PC and half acrylic, but now I might just go full POM and half acrylic. Already have a PC plate in my Orion and I've never used POM before so now is the chance. Also going to use Creams.

Offline dRpkebs

« Reply #320 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 08:22:06 »
What plate would you guys recommend for the most "thock"?

Offline bill_ng117

« Reply #321 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 08:55:49 »
What plate would you guys recommend for the most "thock"?

I think full POM would be your plate of choice for thockiness

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #322 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 09:28:00 »
Can anyone comment on feeling of POM vs PC vs Acrylic? If they're close in type feel and sounds, I'll probably only order one.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #323 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 09:40:24 »
Couple more days till the 20th 👀👀
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #324 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 09:42:26 »
Can anyone comment on feeling of POM vs PC vs Acrylic? If they're close in type feel and sounds, I'll probably only order one.

I can't comment on this particular board, but POM and PC feel very similar in a sandwich mounted keyboard. Apart from the sound I don't think I could tell them apart on feel alone.

I've used acrylic 3mm plates and that can be a bit firmer to type on. It's probably about the same flex as FR4, but FR4 can have a "dampening" effect whereas acrylic doesn't.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #325 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 09:53:01 »

I can't comment on this particular board, but POM and PC feel very similar in a sandwich mounted keyboard. Apart from the sound I don't think I could tell them apart on feel alone.

I've used acrylic 3mm plates and that can be a bit firmer to type on. It's probably about the same flex as FR4, but FR4 can have a "dampening" effect whereas acrylic doesn't.

Awesome, thanks. That makes my choice easier. I have another full acrylic build underway, so i'll skip acrylic most likely, but POM vs PC is interesting. If they close together in feel/sound, i'll probably end up going with POM just because it's the rarer option (I can always build another PC plate board later, but I rarely see POM as an option).
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 January 2020, 10:00:50 by Zeelobby »

Offline weaston

« Reply #326 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 10:07:15 »

Awesome, thanks. That makes my choice easier. I have another full acrylic build underway, so i'll skip acrylic most likely, but POM vs PC is interesting. If they close together in feel/sound, i'll probably end up going with POM just because it's the rarer option (I can always build another PC plate board later, but I rarely see POM as an option).

POM will feel and sound much warmer and pop-y.  Poly is kind of neutral as far as sound and feel goes.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #327 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 10:09:02 »

POM will feel and sound much warmer and pop-y.  Poly is kind of neutral as far as sound and feel goes.

Well that seals the deal for me. Just need to pray to the FCFS gods now!

Offline sleek

• SLeeKeyboards
« Reply #328 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 10:45:47 »

Curious on your/everyone's thoughts on POM half or full plate. Really looking forward to a flexy build, trying to figure out which will have an overall more pleasant sound.
Jane 1.5 Proto | TX75v2
http://www.sleekeyboards.com

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #329 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 11:00:48 »
I'll just buy both

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #330 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 11:27:36 »
Very busy with studies atm.