geekhack Community > Keyboards

Gmmk pro….

(1/2) > >>

Error213:
So I got the gmmk pro and it will be arriving soon, I’ve done a lot of looking for stabilizer mods to make them sound the best and I have lubed all of my switches (gateron ink blacks) in advance. However I have seen the gmmk pro getting some flack for just having a bad overall gasket mount system, terrible stock foam, and poorly sized plates, I wanna make sure that my gmmk pro will sound the best it possibly can so what are some mods for the case I can do, I have an alu plate btw

MIGHTY CHICKEN:
The poor mounting system is for sure true, you will pretty much have to do most normal "sound mounds". L+F, Pack it with foam, what not. Ain't much you can do about a poor board

Error213:

--- Quote from: MIGHTY CHICKEN on Tue, 08 June 2021, 11:55:48 ---The poor mounting system is for sure true, you will pretty much have to do most normal "sound mounds". L+F, Pack it with foam, what not. Ain't much you can do about a poor board

--- End quote ---
huh so out of curiosity if I holee mod the stabs and lube them, l+f my ink blacks and pack it with tons of toolbox liner it will still sound bad?

mrvco:
There are plenty of Youtubers reviewing multiple configurations.  Check out Glarses GMMK Pro review reaction video.

Ryohka:

--- Quote from: Error213 on Thu, 10 June 2021, 09:31:57 ---
--- Quote from: MIGHTY CHICKEN on Tue, 08 June 2021, 11:55:48 ---The poor mounting system is for sure true, you will pretty much have to do most normal "sound mounds". L+F, Pack it with foam, what not. Ain't much you can do about a poor board

--- End quote ---
huh so out of curiosity if I holee mod the stabs and lube them, l+f my ink blacks and pack it with tons of toolbox liner it will still sound bad?

--- End quote ---

I also ordered it but still waiting...
Based on all discord discussion, I will say after modding it will sound better, maybe much better than stock, but not as good as a high end board. While if you consider the price...it's not bad for that price point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version