geekhack Community > Off Topic

Heat Exhaustion

(1/3) > >>

Kavik:
Has anyone else experienced a marked decrease in the ability to tolerate heat for long periods after a certain age?

Over the weekend, I attended an all day event in ~90-95 F heat, and, around mid afternoon, I began feeling extremely sluggish despite drinking lots of water and powerade. Eating and resting helped a bit, but not a ton.

A couple years ago, I was training for a long bike ride (I think that day's ride was 65 or 70 miles), and I had to have a nurse friend pick me up and start an IV on me, despite drinking tons of gatorade and snacking. I felt nauseated for a couple hours after being picked up as well.

Prior to my 30s, I don't remember ever having any issues with heat as long as I kept drinking fluids.

tp4tissue:
Dat cholesterol building up in your peripheral blood vessels lowering your water cooling efficiency.

fohat.digs:

--- Quote from: Kavik on Mon, 14 June 2021, 10:39:22 ---
Has anyone else experienced a marked decrease in the ability to tolerate heat for long periods after a certain age?

Prior to my 30s

--- End quote ---

Yes, just like the cold and everything else.

But, as my grandfather always used to say: "It's better than the alternative."

PS - today is my 69th birthday

Kavik:

--- Quote from: fohat.digs on Mon, 14 June 2021, 11:18:03 ---
--- Quote from: Kavik on Mon, 14 June 2021, 10:39:22 ---

Prior to my 30s

--- End quote ---

Yes, just like the cold and everything else.

But, as my grandfather always used to say: "It's better than the alternative."

PS - today is my 69th birthday

--- End quote ---

Ha, that is true.

Happy birthday!

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: Kavik on Tue, 15 June 2021, 09:42:51 ---
--- Quote from: fohat.digs on Mon, 14 June 2021, 11:18:03 ---PS - today is my 69th birthday

--- End quote ---
Ha, that is true.

Happy birthday!

--- End quote ---

That's just fohat's code that he's ordering Deribarii herusu

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version