Author Topic: Clack Info Thread  (Read 285874 times)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Re: Clack Info Thread
« Reply #400 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 14:27:26 »
Will there be more info on how to buy them as the sale comes closer?

Normally a few days before there will be a post in the 4grabs thread with instructions on how to submit your interest and sometimes photos will be shown as well. Normally items are numbered and there will be an email address listed right before the sale and you will simply follow the instructions given and send an email at the given time for the items you want. The rest is up to fate.

Yeah we saw from the last 4 grabs time is not how you're chosen so it's in the hands of fate I guess..

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #401 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 14:30:55 »

Normally a few days before there will be a post in the 4grabs thread with instructions on how to submit your interest and sometimes photos will be shown as well. Normally items are numbered and there will be an email address listed right before the sale and you will simply follow the instructions given and send an email at the given time for the items you want. The rest is up to fate.

Yeah we saw from the last 4 grabs time is not how you're chosen so it's in the hands of fate I guess..

That little thing that happened the other day wasn't really a 4grabs that was just a clickclack doing his thing :D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #402 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 16:43:17 »

That little thing that happened the other day wasn't really a 4grabs that was just a clickclack doing his thing :D

Yea, he does some surprise sales from time to time. He held one for a trio of F2's some months back like this one, but I wouldn't call those sales a 4grabs which those do go to the quickest trigger fingers.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #403 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 16:54:03 »
This is going to be my first 4Grabs...I can't wait to be showered in disappointment. :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #404 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 17:12:59 »
**** that's my bad guys. You're right, there is in fact a 4/20/14 Clack sale. Missed that.

Where do you think I got the countdown timer from? ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Belfong

« Reply #405 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 17:16:54 »
There's the therapy thread for that Air tree. Now, which to prioritize? Bro or Clack?

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #406 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 17:17:10 »
So many commitmentsbthat weekend :(. Looks like another sale I will miss. At least I won't have the illusion that I have a chance, so my butthurt will be at a minimum.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #407 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 17:36:42 »
Well, it looks like this time YM88 is going to be the one who's stuck at work in the middle of the woods with no shot at this long awaited clack sale. :( Good luck everyone!!
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #408 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 16:44:28 »
Guys, how much are these worth?

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #409 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 16:45:29 »

about $20ish each

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #410 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 16:45:47 »

Check the price thread for second hand market prices. I think they were like $30 retail? And I'm not sure of the current 420 prices.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #411 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 16:47:50 »

Clacks currently retail for about $40 - at least that's how much the last sale was.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #412 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 18:41:07 »
I guess Badass has his work cut out for him now! A new TRI Skull!! New Stickys!  :cool:

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #413 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 15:52:17 »
Anyone know about the meanings behind the names for Mr. Friday and Miz Kite?  I did some searches but can't really find anything.  Or hopefully CC reads this and can enlighten us, please. :)

My guess for Mr. Friday is a reference to Good Friday for Easter.  And for Miz Kite, I have no idea.  The only thing that pops up in my head is the word "kismet", which means fate.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #414 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 15:53:12 »
Anyone know about the meanings behind the names for Mr. Friday and Miz Kite?  I did some searches but can't really find anything.  Or hopefully CC reads this and can enlighten us, please. :)

My guess for Mr. Friday is a reference to Good Friday for Easter.  And for Miz Kite, I have no idea.  The only thing that pops up in my head is the word "kismet", which means fate.

Pretty sure Mr. Friday is for Mr. Friday Night like a party animal that goes w the 420 theme. I assume Miz Kite is a mister high as a kite.

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #415 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 15:56:43 »
Pretty much ^

I always thought of; Friday

& Miz Kite I just think of the term "high as a kite". & obviously the (Ms.) female 420 skull is going to be prettier :p
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 April 2014, 16:06:01 by Lu_e »

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #416 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 15:57:09 »

Pretty sure Mr. Friday is for Mr. Friday Night like a party animal that goes w the 420 theme. I assume Miz Kite is a mister high as a kite.

Judging by the red eyes I think you're right.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #417 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 16:00:09 »

Ahhh haha shwoosh.  Thanks man, that definitely makes more sense.  Mr. Friday is definitely the most jovial of all Clacks.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #418 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 16:02:24 »

Ahhh haha shwoosh.  Thanks man, that definitely makes more sense.  Mr. Friday is definitely the most jovial of all Clacks.

Wait wut?  I thought Mr. Friday had red eyes because he worked hard all week, and he was just tired.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #419 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 16:39:30 »

Wait wut?  I thought Mr. Friday had red eyes because he worked hard all week, and he was just tired.

Haha, sorry I misunderstood you, Mr. Friday.  Poor old sod.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #420 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 18:08:49 »
you think Miss Kite = http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Meeskite?
although I wouldn't call her ugly

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #421 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 18:19:10 »

Interesting, but yeah Miz Kite is far from ugly!  And female Clacks?  I wonder if there's a difference if you look at the underside...

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #422 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 18:21:02 »

;D

Offline TheBinary

« Reply #423 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 21:08:48 »

Interesting, but yeah Miz Kite is far from ugly!  And female Clacks?  I wonder if there's a difference if you look at the underside...

:)) :)) :))

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #424 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 21:38:24 »
Female Clacks have no stem and are useless.

I kid, of course.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #425 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 21:41:08 »
Female Clacks have no stem and are useless.

I kid, of course.
They do, it's topre.

Offline rockhawksam

• I'm a big dirty **** Hawk
    • tanglingstars.com
« Reply #426 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 20:44:44 »
Hey guys, does anyone know if I would be able to trade a topre hack orange CC skull for an MX skull of any variation? I am thinking of buying a hack orange for 80 bucks, then later trading it for an MX. Is this a good idea? Thanks!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #427 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 20:52:02 »
Hey guys, does anyone know if I would be able to trade a topre hack orange CC skull for an MX skull of any variation? I am thinking of buying a hack orange for 80 bucks, then later trading it for an MX. Is this a good idea? Thanks!

It could work - people are often happy to swap one Clack for another they want.

You will need a few more posts before you can post a trade thread though.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rockhawksam

• I'm a big dirty **** Hawk
    • tanglingstars.com
« Reply #428 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 20:56:36 »

Alright, thanks. And yup, I know. This counts as a post right?  :p

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #429 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 21:03:21 »

Hack Orange is one of the most common colors, so your options might be limited.  Trading Topre for MX in the same color should be doable, or for other common colors like Mint Gum and F2 Red.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #430 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 21:09:05 »

Hack Orange is one of the most common colors, so your options might be limited.  Trading Topre for MX in the same color should be doable, or for other common colors like Mint Gum and F2 Red.

I'd like a HO Skull (to match my HO Toast), but I have nothing to trade.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #431 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 21:15:05 »

No actually it doesn't.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #432 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 21:19:28 »

Actually the new rules state that "... users who have been members of the forum for at least 2 months and have 25 or higher post count".

You have > 25 posts, but have not been a member for 2 months yet.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #433 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 21:27:20 »

Actually the new rules state that "... users who have been members of the forum for at least 2 months and have 25 or higher post count".

That rule is not happening yet because no one is around to know how to chance the code.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #434 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 21:35:06 »

That rule is not happening yet because no one is around to know how to chance the code.

Attention: these rules have now been implemented! ???

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #435 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 21:44:42 »

Attention: these rules have now been implemented! ???

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56284.0http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56284.0

also

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57185.msg1302565#msg1302565

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #436 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 22:23:28 »

So much confidence in the person chancing the code.  Is it a RNG? ;)

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #437 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 19:45:17 »
Price check on night owl mx.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #438 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 19:48:56 »

if you have one, you can sell it to me. :)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #439 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 19:49:14 »

I think it was $25 in 4Grabs. Haven't seen any in the classifieds for sale recently.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #440 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 19:51:38 »

I wouldn't pay any less than $350-400

Offline t2russo

« Reply #441 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 19:52:22 »

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #442 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 00:03:42 »
1) Sees "$20 on EK" with a link to the store in a clack thread as the most recent post.

2) Almost has heart attack.

3) realizes it was just an answer to a question.

4) let's adrenaline subside.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #443 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 02:35:35 »
I think I'd cry if I saw all the old EK Clack pages and their low, low prices.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #444 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 03:07:07 »

I remember CC saying that those OG Tris were up there on EK for weeks or months

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #445 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 03:09:43 »

Indeed!

And now sales are over in 3 seconds!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #446 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 03:09:45 »

REALLY? Damn.. I was still baby at keyboarding then... now, like property prices, it's TOO LATE! TOO LATE!!!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #447 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 03:12:39 »

REALLY? Damn.. I was still baby at keyboarding then... now, like property prices, it's TOO LATE! TOO LATE!!!

I rue the fact that I didn't join GH a year earlier, or even just six months!

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
  • Board Chow EXTRAORDINAIRE
« Reply #448 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 10:39:42 »

iirc, only the solid yellow one was up for a little while, I would have to check again though since the pages were not updated inline with the stock.
The tri-colors however were sold out in a relatively short time. Significantly less than two days I think. It could have been two hours and the solid red ones were two days.  I really should check my old records at some point and not rely on my memory.

862+ keyboards and counting!   R.I.P.ster          Vendor link ->Clack Factory

Offline t2russo

« Reply #449 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 10:51:09 »
It honestly scares me a little whenever clickclack posts in threads like this because it's like a real life reminder that Santa is always watching...