Author Topic: What video games are you currently playing?  (Read 336797 times)

Re: What video games are you currently playing?
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 13:43:15 »
That's hilarious. I do the same to my wife! Ever notice in Skyrim how you have 9 standard arrows, 9999+ Elven and panic you're gonna touch your Elven arrows?

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #251 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 13:50:35 »
Haha yeah, I used to rock Ebony with my ranger character, and Nightingale armour
KBD75; Alps64 trio; some other stuff

Offline TennisShoeNinja

« Reply #252 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 11:04:46 »
csgo source!

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #253 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 21:46:42 »
Current lineup.

Show Image

Someone still plays MH4U! I've sunk over 200 hours into that game. If you ever want to hunt online, hmu!

I played a ton of mh4u too! I suck now though :c

« Reply #254 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 22:11:39 »
Was playing prey for a while but lost interest, as of right now im hovering back and forth between csgo and pubg

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #255 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 00:29:16 »
Current lineup.

Show Image

Someone still plays MH4U! I've sunk over 200 hours into that game. If you ever want to hunt online, hmu!

So far 120 hours in BotW and 31 hours in MH4U.

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #256 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 14:40:28 »
Current lineup.

Show Image

So far 120 hours in BotW and 31 hours in MH4U.

I think I have about 300 hours in 4u. My goal at the time was to hit max HR but I stopped around 250. I became too lazy lol.

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #257 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 15:52:33 »
Woah, that's quite a classic fleet you have there. That test video brings back some good memories! "More tea, vicar?"

That whole gaming era of the mid-late '90s/very early 2000s, when 3D engines were coming into their own, might be my favorite time for gaming. Mostly because I had a LOT of fun with the new (at the time) online capabilities of playing with friends and not having to be in the same room. Games like Ultima Online, Starcraft, Midtown Madness, Unreal Tournament, Age of Empires, etc....

good times, good times.

Yeah, I've got too much old tech...this is an ongoing problem, and the post you quoted is nothing compared to some of the insanity.

W520 is my daily driver so-to-speak. Toughbook CF-52 is my auto repair software laptop. CF-51 was supposed to be flipped but the interested party backed down. Dell 630m I've had for ages, was bought in 2010 to be a family member's first computer but that got sidelined so it sat on a shelf for years. The Acer was picked up for ~$1 for the hard drive and RAM within, but it ended up being a working laptop so I may try to sell it.

The ThinkPad T21 was given to me by a friend, the backlight wouldn't turn on. Fixed it and now have a neat retro ThinkPad, and since it's a P3 it's somewhat usable which is a bonus.

Completely agree about the games of that time period. The burst of new technology that came out of that window in history is really significant. The prevalence of 3D acceleration being included out of the box for a new machine or video card was (this pun wasn't intentional) a game changer.

I posted some musings/ramblings specific to MM1/MM2 here.

That being said, I dug out my steering wheel and have been spending some quality time with BeamNG.drive and it's incredible. To run smoothly I had to drop the quality settings but the experience isn't hurt any meaningful amount by having done that.
Nice blog. :thumb:
I share your love for the racing genre except I chose the console path (excluding MM1). I started out playing Enduro and Grand Prix for the Atari 2600 and truly fell in love with car games. From there I progressed through the console ranks year after year: Rad Racer, Off Road, Mario Kart, Sega Rally, Daytona 500, Ridge Racer, Wipe-Out, etc. until finally, this year, Car Mechanic Simulator for PC. Not really a racing game but satisfies the car itch.

To this day (and I'm not sure why), I've never owned a steering wheel setup. I did use a Microsoft Thrustmaster stick for MM1 which, I think, gave me an unfair advantage over my friends who were all using their non-analogue keyboards like suckers. The edge of my desk still bears the battle scars from the bottom of the stick base.
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #258 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 05:57:10 »
DEAD CELLS

omg it's good

PS: anyone got good suggestions for a local coop (couchtime, same screen, same PC) RPG? (my gf is looking for one to play together, but none of the ones we tried seem to be good enough (went through Victor Vrad, Dungeon Sieges, Magica, etc. etc.)...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #259 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 06:24:37 »
DEAD CELLS

omg it's good

PS: anyone got good suggestions for a local coop (couchtime, same screen, same PC) RPG? (my gf is looking for one to play together, but none of the ones we tried seem to be good enough (went through Victor Vrad, Dungeon Sieges, Magica, etc. etc.)...

looks pretty cool on utube.

iffy of early access...

They should enforce a due by date,   if a quantity of content does not arrive by such date..  refunds..

Early access is really the wrong type of incentive, because they'd drag it out as long as possible doing the minimum, because they've already got your money.

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #260 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 06:32:54 »
World of Warcrack.

I managed to avoid it for like 13 years and then started because I was pissed at another MMO and **** me and my life and my sleep schedule.
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline rioc

« Reply #261 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 06:33:00 »
DEAD CELLS

omg it's good

looks pretty cool on utube.

iffy of early access...

yeah, the developers plan on adding a lot more content, but even the way it is now, the price is justified imo... loads of content already, very snappy controls, perfect pixel-art and animations, cool soundtrack and seems pretty solid so far (only been playing for 4h, but I'd whole-heartedly recommend for any fans of this type of game)

They should enforce a due by date,   if a quantity of content does not arrive by such date..  refunds..
Early access is really the wrong type of incentive, because they'd drag it out as long as possible doing the minimum, because they've already got your money.

yeah I agree, but I've got faith in this developer, they seem to be on the right path
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 July 2017, 06:35:34 by rioc »

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #262 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 07:20:23 »
World of Warcrack.

I managed to avoid it for like 13 years and then started because I was pissed at another MMO and **** me and my life and my sleep schedule.
Oh man that stuff can get pretty bad.
The first 5-7 years of that games life I was addicted. Sacrificed every social connection I had because I just couldn't get off the game.
It finally changed too much for my tastes so I doubt I'll be back now.
But it remains to this day the most addictive game I have ever played. Blizzard made something special there, and I don't regret the money I spent on it.
I made some friends that are still friends to this day and I made some enemies too. Great ****in' game.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #263 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 10:28:03 »
World of Warcrack.

The first 5-7 years of that games life I was addicted. Sacrificed every social connection I had because I just couldn't get off the game.
But it remains to this day the most addictive game I have ever played. Blizzard made something special there, and I don't regret the money I spent on it.
I made some friends that are still friends to this day and I made some enemies too. Great ****in' game.

what happen to those enemies..

where did you bury their bodies//

/asking for a friend.

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #264 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 10:30:49 »
Persona 5.  Trying to finish it before Destiny 2 releases and sucks up all my vidya time.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #265 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 11:08:18 »
World of Warcrack.

what happen to those enemies..

where did you bury their bodies//

/asking for a friend.
I don't use too much energy on stuff I can't control so I didn't kill them your friend can rest easy. :D When I quit the game they ceased being enemies I suppose.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #266 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 11:39:35 »

I don't use too much energy on stuff I can't control so I didn't kill them your friend can rest easy. :D When I quit the game they ceased being enemies I suppose.

/The perfect cover story...

/ tooooo perfect...

Offline Meitachi

• Je sui prest
« Reply #267 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 14:04:39 »
Just finished Persona 5! Didn't know what to do with my life after watching the credits roll...so I started a New Game+

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #268 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 16:15:43 »
Recently finished The Bard's Tale (action RPG from 2004, not the old dungeons or whatever). I have mixed feelings about it. It's a generic, relatively shallow action RPG with some slightly annoying bugs and a bit dated graphics (although it isn't too bothersome).

However, storytelling and voice acting are super fun. It jokes about genre tropes, the sarcastic narrator is awesome, there are some fine songs within the game…

I wish it was more compact (complete playthrough takes 20-30 hours) and less linear (being nice/snarky in dialogues changes outcomes only slightly, e.g., the bard either does, or doesn't get some reward or a side quest takes a bit longer).

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #269 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 08:09:37 »
BotW on my early bday present. Love everything except the weapon system. This game is gonna take me forever to complete, and I'm excited about that.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #270 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 08:19:29 »
Been stuck on Fortnite for the past couple of weeks

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #271 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 10:22:33 »
Been playing a bit of Street Fighter V lately, enjoying learning Kolin

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #272 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 10:23:15 »

How often do those Omni sticks go on sale?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #273 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 10:52:04 »

How often do those Omni sticks go on sale?

No clue, I preordered my Sanwa version like a month ago - shipped on the 27th and I got it Monday, very quick intl shipping. I'm sure they will make a new batch soon, or get the Korean version and just swap parts.

« Reply #274 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 11:27:49 »
World of Warcrack.

I actually just had a clan mate visit me. I kept in touch with our 10-man squad, not many of the 25-man. The game was incredible until I finally stepped back and realized how sucked in I was. I honestly will say no other game has captured my attention like that. FF3 (US) was close but not really I. The same way. EverQuest too, but still not the same way.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #275 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 17:05:25 »
I was just talking to a co-worker about WoW. We said that we both made accounts but refrained from playing it. I think he made it a whole month and quit, and I quit after about an hour after making the character. We both agreed that, if we got into it, we would be sucked into it. We both have the addictive personalities.

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #276 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 14:24:23 »
I'm playing Daikatana, because I was curious. Also wanted to play the multiplayer with some people off the Dusk Discord and that part was certainly enjoyable.

There's a new community patch that lets you turn off the squad mates and make it less frustrating.

It's still pretty damned frustrating, but sort of moreish at the same time. It's easy to kill yourself. You can't quick save (much). I'm almost finished the interminably long and irritating episode 1. I'm told episode 2 and 3 are pretty good.

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #277 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 14:42:42 »
Been stuck on Fortnite for the past couple of weeks

The game annoys me so much but I can't stop playing it

Offline skitty

« Reply #278 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 16:33:55 »
I was just talking to a co-worker about WoW. We said that we both made accounts but refrained from playing it. I think he made it a whole month and quit, and I quit after about an hour after making the character. We both agreed that, if we got into it, we would be sucked into it. We both have the addictive personalities.

I have an addictive personality too and WoW didn't suck me in for some reason. I quit at like level 15 because I got overwhelmed with all the stuff you could do in the game.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #279 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 03:08:19 »
Did anyone start on PoE again?
I have a low-level ranger I'm just ****ing around with atm.

Offline dante

« Reply #280 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 20:45:34 »
I just started playing Alien vs Predator 2 [PC] again (publishing date circa 2001ish).

So far the largest server I've been on has had 6 players.  Those who say any modern game is "dead" have no idea what they are talking about.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #281 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 22:23:04 »
I just started playing Alien vs Predator 2 [PC] again (publishing date circa 2001ish).

So far the largest server I've been on has had 6 players.  Those who say any modern game is "dead" have no idea what they are talking about.

Lies..

all dante has been doing is swipe right on tinder all weekend..

hahahahhaha

/any bites yet ?

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #282 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 22:34:13 »

ye

also playing a ranger, frost blade raider to be more exact

currently level 54

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #283 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 22:36:54 »

/ This is the Rangers rights association.

/ We've received numerous complaints from a certain POE ranger of a user's inappropriate touching and prodding..

/ Every 5 minutes a Ranger is victim of sexual abuse..

/  If you continue such inappropriate behavior,   we will forced to report this to the highest authorities..

Offline rioc

« Reply #284 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 02:04:37 »
decided to dust off my rift again this weekend and dove into a few hours of Elite: Dangerous, Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa and Project Cars...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #285 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 10:52:09 »
decided to dust off my rift again this weekend and dove into a few hours of Elite: Dangerous, Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa and Project Cars...

Coverup.. Rioc actually downloaded 2TB worth of virtual reality pr0n..

hahahahahahahahaha

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #286 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 12:17:09 »

hahahahahahahahaha

I have this feeling that you're projecting your own personal happy time. Do you really need 2tb of reality porn data though tp4tissue? Couldn't you just buy a waifu pillow like a normal person?

Offline rioc

« Reply #287 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 12:43:01 »

hahahahahahahahaha

Where did you find 2tb of that?

Sent from my DREA100 using Tapatalk

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #288 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 13:33:19 »

Lies..

all dante has been doing is swipe right on tinder all weekend..

hahahahhaha

/any bites yet ?

This is true. You can still find people to play a lot of 90's games it just sometimes takes a bit more organisation, or you have to do it at 11pm on a Saturday when older people with families have time to play stuff.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #289 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 14:04:08 »

hahahahahahahahaha

I have this feeling that you're projecting your own personal happy time. Do you really need 2tb of reality porn data though tp4tissue? Couldn't you just buy a waifu pillow like a normal person?

But perhaps it is you who is projecting by saying other are projecting their own secret lives. ?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #290 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 14:06:14 »

hahahahaha..

Actually i'm not sure 2TB of material exist atm..

Let me double check....... hrmmmmmmm......

actually yes, according to sources,  there is at least 4 to 5 terabytes available @ high resolutions.

Offline aminobeano

« Reply #291 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 14:41:18 »
Witcher 3! I'm also replaying portal 2 co op with my nephew so that's fun. He's a lot better at it than I am.
FC660C Alt | '87 Model M | Type Heaven | Phantom TKL (Clear) | MF68

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #292 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 14:42:19 »

hahahahahahahahaha

But perhaps it is you who is projecting by saying other are projecting their own secret lives. ?

Downloaded RoM recently to check out if anyone still plays that 'ancient' game and to see if it runs with limited tweaking via Linux kernel. No problems running the game but whoa man it is empty. I should try PoE with Wine. Not having a console based music player for the Windows kinda sorta messes with my head a little bit. WoW seemed to mesh well with the Linux kernel too. Open source graphics drivers too. Dang. A few furry images and I'm good to go. Know what I mean? lookit

Offline rioc

« Reply #293 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 17:46:07 »

hahahahaha..

Actually i'm not sure 2TB of material exist atm..

Let me double check....... hrmmmmmmm......

actually yes, according to sources,  there is at least 4 to 5 terabytes available @ high resolutions.

Well, guess who's not sleeping tonight...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #294 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 19:28:14 »

careful there,  4-5 terabytes can screwup ur ratio if you don't seed the freeliees

Offline rioc

« Reply #295 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 03:19:40 »

careful there,  4-5 terabytes can screwup ur ratio if you don't seed the freeliees

???   ???   ???

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #296 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 06:57:12 »
Just got Redout: Enhanced Edition on sale and holy crap! as an F-Zero X fan, this is just amazing!

If you like WipeOut or F Zero, definitely check this out, it looks stunning, super fun to play and runs like a dream. 3440 x 1440, everything maxed, 100fps no sweat. It's more GPU intensive than CPU intensive which I generally prefer. Less than £10 on Bundlestars right now :D
KBD75; Alps64 trio; some other stuff

Offline SJHL

« Reply #297 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 09:20:17 »
Started playing Overwatch for a month or two.

Also thinking about going back to Monster Hunter 4 and start from scratch.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #298 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 09:31:32 »
Just got Redout: Enhanced Edition on sale and holy crap! as an F-Zero X fan, this is just amazing!

Show Image

Show Image

If you like WipeOut or F Zero, definitely check this out, it looks stunning, super fun to play and runs like a dream. 3440 x 1440, everything maxed, 100fps no sweat. It's more GPU intensive than CPU intensive which I generally prefer. Less than £10 on Bundlestars right now :D

i wish these games would make a come back.

loved that starwars pod racer game back in the day.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #299 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 21:57:23 »
I just bought No Man's Sky from GoG seeing as how it is on special.

All I need is a computer that will run it :))

Still just playing Minecraft, sadly ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ