Author Topic: Secret Santa 2016 - OPENING GIFTS!  (Read 536572 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: Summer Santa - Now Live
« Reply #1000 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 18:34:12 »
strafe, as I thought, your santa got swamped.  They'll get something out to you, don't you worry.  They're a good and reliable person, so it will happen, if a little late.

Rotaku, still haven't heard ****.

Santa- I have spent a day studying this secret message you have left me on the outside of the package. After many attempts I have been unable to understand the message. Please help me :'(

Show Image

My guess:

"I really don't much in ?  ? package ? another so I hope my gift ? out for you."

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #1001 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 18:55:32 »
Santa- I have spent a day studying this secret message you have left me on the outside of the package. After many attempts I have been unable to understand the message. Please help me :'(

Show Image

strafe, as I thought, your santa got swamped.  They'll get something out to you, don't you worry.  They're a good and reliable person, so it will happen, if a little late.

Rotaku, still haven't heard ****.

Show Image

My guess:

"I really don't much in ?  ? package ? another so I hope my gift ? out for you."

Hmmm, I got something totally different:

"I really don't muh in Tom oye package stripper oor wurther no I hope my gyt mordor out for you"   :thumb:
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1002 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 19:18:55 »
That actually makes more sense

SIZZURP!

Edit:  Just received a translation:

I really don't much in terms of vintage keyboards and switches so I hope my gift works out for you.
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 June 2015, 19:41:58 by nubbinator »

Offline strafe

• Strafe's Blog
« Reply #1003 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 21:44:18 »

All good, I hope the parcel I sent gets delivered today or tomorrow, too..  :-[
Freebird WKL (Blacks Clear-Tops), iKBC F-104 (Blacks) and more!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1004 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 22:08:12 »
Rotaku, since it's looking more and more like your person bailed, I dropped a small something in the mail first class to you.  It probably won't get there until Monday or Tuesday.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #1005 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 22:12:58 »
Rotaku, since it's looking more and more like your person bailed, I dropped a small something in the mail first class to you.  It probably won't get there until Monday or Tuesday.
Feel free to pm me some info, and i will send something out.

Offline Rotaku

• Too Based
« Reply #1006 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 22:48:02 »
That's kinda depressing  :-X But thanks nubbs for sending me something anyways! That's really awesome of you, i can't wait  :D
Not toooo active on GH anymore, if you need me, shoot me a PM on Reddit! /u/IchibanXD

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1007 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 22:55:47 »
Given who it is and that they haven't logged in since the 27th of last month...well, it's not too surprising.

Don't get super excited, it's just a small little something to tide you over for a little bit.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1008 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 08:54:33 »
Given who it is and that they haven't logged in since the 27th of last month...well, it's not too surprising.

Don't get super excited, it's just a small little something to tide you over for a little bit.
Guess he spent too much on Wii games and couldn't afford to send a gift :-[

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1009 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 13:24:47 »

Guess he spent too much on Wii games and couldn't afford to send a gift :-[

Nintendo vs priorities :(
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #1010 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 16:29:38 »
I'm stupid.  :blank:
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 June 2015, 16:36:59 by Joey Quinn »
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1011 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 23:16:17 »

This mixtape is gonna be fire. Can't wait for my summer santa to hear it.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1012 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 11:03:52 »
Damn I wish I had been in on this... Sigh...
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1013 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 11:09:33 »
Show Image

This mixtape is gonna be fire. Can't wait for my summer santa to hear it.

I've seen the track list. Fire for sure.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1014 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 11:38:45 »
Ugh, why you no go open my gift!

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #1015 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 14:18:21 »

Tomorrow bby is the grand opening

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1016 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 14:41:08 »

Tomorrow bby is the grand opening

We'll see! The main part of my gift is, pretty sweet ;)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1017 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 14:44:58 »
Chocodildo
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #1018 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 06:02:52 »
Nothing in for me :(

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1019 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 10:35:27 »

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #1020 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 10:36:04 »
So today is 6/21.  Here is my package from my "santa", I was able to deduce who it was from the small details though.  Santa sent me 2 custom cables, both of incredible quality, a few kit kats, and a project Zealio prototype.  Thanks for setting this up Nubbs, and thanks Santa for everything you sent.  I will thoroughly enjoy all of it.   :thumb:

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1021 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 10:43:33 »
So today is 6/21.  Here is my package from my "santa", I was able to deduce who it was from the small details though.  Santa sent me 2 custom cables, both of incredible quality, a few kit kats, and a project Zealio prototype.  Thanks for setting this up Nubbs, and thanks Santa for everything you sent.  I will thoroughly enjoy all of it.   :thumb:

Show Image

Those kitkats....

60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #1022 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 10:48:25 »

Show Image

Those kitkats....

Show Image

exactly

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1023 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 10:51:42 »

Show Image

Those kitkats....

Show Image

exactly

In all my dealings on GH over the years I still have yet to taste the wonder of a green tea kit kat. I need to participate in these Santas.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #1024 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 10:57:01 »
Other people please open and post :)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1025 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 12:08:25 »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1026 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 12:23:33 »
SWAG! Nice gets boys!

Nubs, need a selfie wearing that, yo!

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #1027 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 13:00:53 »
My secret Santa went above and beyond! Everything was so purrrfect ! From capturing the essence of 2 chains figuratively and literally in a super original paint and stencil masterpiece to an amazing pink cable in which the USB housings were actually cast by her royal Boopness. 7 amazing Booper originals(these are flawless folks amazing texture no bubbles rich color freaking flawless I have a new favorite artisan ) and the rare brown Bro stumpy <3 :eek: :eek: :eek: <3  Stump LYFE and last but not least a super cute owl necklace (I already got compliments on) and some bracelets. This has been the most amazing and nicest present I have received in recent memory and just thinking about it chokes me up :) thank you so much Booper muah you are amazing
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Rotaku

• Too Based
« Reply #1028 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 16:24:43 »
I'm sad at the lack of pictures so far :(
Not toooo active on GH anymore, if you need me, shoot me a PM on Reddit! /u/IchibanXD

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1029 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 16:29:43 »
My secret Santa went above and beyond! Everything was so purrrfect ! From capturing the essence of 2 chains figuratively and literally in a super original paint and stencil masterpiece to an amazing pink cable in which the USB housings were actually cast by her royal Boopness. 7 amazing Booper originals(these are flawless folks amazing texture no bubbles rich color freaking flawless I have a new favorite artisan ) and the rare brown Bro stumpy <3 :eek: :eek: :eek: <3  Stump LYFE and last but not least a super cute owl necklace (I already got compliments on) and some bracelets. This has been the most amazing and nicest present I have received in recent memory and just thinking about it chokes me up :) thank you so much Booper muah you are amazing

That is one awesome group of presents! Those caps are lovely!

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #1030 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 16:37:04 »
I'm uploading my photos right now.

Will probably take a while since I don't have real internet >.>

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #1031 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 17:11:33 »
Great gifts from pexon kinda at a lost of words when receiving such a awesome gift. Thanks pexon for the case and the cables and will make a gold themed build sometime this year.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1032 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 17:18:42 »

That trans cap is sexy.  The all look pretty awesome.

All MX?

Me too, hopefully we get more soon.

Great gifts from pexon kinda at a lost of words when receiving such a awesome gift. Thanks pexon for the case and the cables and will make a gold themed build sometime this year.

Nice, that gold colored case it awesome. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.  Any ideas yet?
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 June 2015, 17:20:13 by nubbinator »

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #1033 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 17:23:30 »
thinking along the lines of doing a black and gold build with the upcoming black on black key cap set

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #1034 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 17:44:57 »
Looks like people are getting some good stuff. I'm excited for my gift to arrive!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #1035 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 18:32:57 »
Got a bomb in the mail.  :eek: Some hi-chew (I could smell the grape before opening the package :P), gold/red raven and stickers. Thanks!

"Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1036 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 18:34:36 »
Got a bomb in the mail.  :eek: Some hi-chew (I could smell the grape before opening the package :P), gold/red raven and stickers. Thanks!

Show Image

Didn't know you were a skater br0.

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #1037 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 18:45:40 »
Keep the post coming! I have to live thru everyone else while my package is enroute!

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #1038 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 18:52:05 »

That trans cap is sexy.  The all look pretty awesome.

All MX?

Me too, hopefully we get more soon.

Nice, that gold colored case it awesome. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.  Any ideas yet?
Yes they are all MX,  I still have my gifts out as I can't stop looking at them  :eek: another thing that blows me away is her calligraphy. You have such amazing handwriting Boop ! You are one talented woman my goodness im so proud we have such an amazing strong female in our scene  :-*

Loving the gifts folks and thanks again Nubbz for putting this all together
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #1039 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 18:57:04 »

Show Image

Didn't know you were a skater br0.

Don't even have a skateboard :p
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #1040 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 19:17:27 »

Oh goodness!  Ha. I should hire you as my PR person! I'm so glad you liked your caps and gifts! I saw that little owl when I went to buy chains and I just couldn't pass him up!

Thanks SO MUCH for all the kind words! You make me bluuuussshhhhh! haha  :-[ 

YAAAAYYY!!!! SECRET SANTA SOOO FUN!!! Thanks Nubs <3

I can't wait to see more pictures!! Some really cool gifts in here. Geekhackers are the best!!!  :-*

omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #1041 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 20:05:47 »
So I tried to upload all my photos and they totaled up to 1gb (about 10mb a picture >.>) so i decided to just resilze them after 2 hours of uploading an not even getting a quarter through uploading.

So here we go! (RIP Tapatalk Users. 80ish MB)

More

So i got my package. It's got some weight to it :O

Okay!

2Chainz does not approve, but I do  ;D

Sweeeeeet

I....I seem... cool..... YES!  :cool:

Look at all these goodies!

Forgot to take photos of these since i was so excited to open everything. I put some on, and gave some to my girlfriend to put on while she watched me open my stuff.

"I'm not artist" - Summer Santa. PSSHH. Dis iis some good **** right here!

This looks like the package I'm suppose to open first

Oh shiiit. Never made coffee from whole beans so this'll be fun.

Fresh

Forgot about the wrapper photo, but this **** is good. I'm gonna need to make room on the wall for this.'

Sweeeet. Cats! Bonus for cats in space :D

YES! I love sour and gummy candy.

AWESOME! I've been meaning to buy some of these lately. Mango is my favorite flavor :)

Oh shiiit. Some bling. 2 Chainz Approves!

Made my girlfriend put them on since they wouldnt fit my hand :(
She's also wearing some chainz. (and so happens to be wearing a cat shirt.

Haha. Gotta listen to good ol Marky Mark. I love Mark Wahlberg  :cool:

More Mark Wahlberg!

Oh shiit. Bout to watch this tonight

It's a Cactus Kittie :) Forgot to take a photo of the outside telling you what it it.
He's 'Murca Cactus Kittie w/ a hamburger  :cool:

Aw yeeeee. Using this on my ergo clears :D

Bunch o chocolate coins! Girlfriend says they're hers  :p

...They have this??? Boba Fett AND cats??? YES PLEASE. This magnet is cool!

Odd shape... Paint brush for lube?

BINGO! Needed this

Bubble wrapped...These must be special.

This **** is cool. I love me some Big Hero 6 :D On the wall it goes!

Now the other bubble wrapped one

YES!!!! I love this. You have no idea. Space ✓ , Cats ✓ , Gold ✓  :cool:

'Also happens to match the shirt i'm wearing. Plus the chainz that were included  :cool:

Last thing

This will be fun :D

I forgot i put these to the side...
Although, i already knew who my Santa was based off of the name on the shipping label  ;)

SWEET. Space + Gold keycap. Seems to bea  Fn key, but it's MX! (not sure why i didnt take a photo of the bottom...)

Space Yag Dur  :eek:

Oh ****, this keychain is ballin!

Hi-Tek switch. Never had one of these before. Feels nice :D

And then here's all the loot!

Then here are some "nicer" photos:

More

Thanks Nubbs for everything. I'm thoroughly enjoying everything :D
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 June 2015, 20:43:25 by asdfjkl36 »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1042 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 20:13:41 »

All these mixtapes! With custom printouts and tracklists!! The 2Chainz one is the best one obviously.

AND BATTLETOADS. I NEVER PLAYED THIS BEFORE!!!

Thanks pwnnarwhal!
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 June 2015, 20:17:50 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #1043 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 21:17:38 »
So I tried to upload all my photos and they totaled up to 1gb (about 10mb a picture >.>) so i decided to just resilze them after 2 hours of uploading an not even getting a quarter through uploading.

So here we go! (RIP Tapatalk Users. 80ish MB)

Thanks Nubbs for everything. I'm thoroughly enjoying everything :D

What a great gift!!! That cactus kitty is freakin ADORABLE and the color in those caps is sooooo pretty!  :thumb: :thumb:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

All these mixtapes! With custom printouts and tracklists!! The 2Chainz one is the best one obviously.

Show Image

AND BATTLETOADS. I NEVER PLAYED THIS BEFORE!!!

Thanks pwnnarwhal!

BATTLETOADS! When I worked at gamestop a couple eyears ago various trollers would call and ask for Battletoads almost every single day. Sometimes more than 1 person a day. For over a year straight... ridiculousness! 
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1044 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 21:32:31 »
I'm gonna start doing that to you Booper ;)

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #1045 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 21:33:14 »
I guess it's time to post some pictures :D I got distracted by all this delicious candy! This is the first time I've had green tea and strawberry kitkats and they are absolutely delicious. In addition, my secret santa made me a very rich man in Zimbabwe. I made sure to use different zimbabwe dollars for every picture xD

I'm a pretty big magic fan, so I'm always excited to see new magic stuff. As well as some purple keycaps, and as we all know purple is the best color.

I was also given a buckling spring keychain which I plan to bug my coworkers with, as well as a Bugatti Veyron RC car which I'm sure 2chainz would be proud to drive.

I guarantee I forgot to take pictures of something, my desk was a mess after opening my gifts :D Thank you secret santa!
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1046 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 21:34:40 »
Holy ****. Skuloth is about to wake up in a new Bugatti....WITH ALL THAT CASH

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #1047 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 21:39:03 »

Calling gamestop or calling booper?
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1048 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 21:40:36 »

Calling gamestop or calling booper?

Yes

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #1049 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 21:49:09 »