Author Topic: [Solved]Help repairing a corne pcb (Led problem)  (Read 3102 times)

Offline Runningtarrens

[Solved]Help repairing a corne pcb (Led problem)
« on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 07:39:58 »
Hi guys a few days ago i build my Corne and it worked great.
Today one led died and i wanted to desolder it and solder a new one.
Sadly i ripped off the conntact pads on the pcb. Now im trying to find schematics for the port,
so i can get some cables in place to fix this. But i cant find any. Can someone help me?
Its the 5. LED on the backside, the two "bottom" contacts. should be plus and the data out.
247218-0
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 July 2020, 17:52:32 by Runningtarrens »

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
Re: Help repairing a corne pcb.
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 08:29:56 »
do these files help?
https://github.com/foostan/crkbd/tree/master/corne-cherry/pcb

this is an image of the pcb, but because it's double sided, and the traces are under a nice black film, it's a bit tricky

seeing as the pads are gone now, you can either try to scrape away the black film to reveal some copper to solder to instead, or find out where the trace ends up and solder jumper wires to those locations

Offline Runningtarrens

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 09:12:33 »
thanks. i loaded the kicad file, to find the traces. But im using a cable to get the data signal from led 4(L21 pad-1) directly to led 6(L26 pad1) and it doesnt glow.
but it should or?

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 11:49:19 »
thanks. i loaded the kicad file, to find the traces. But im using a cable to get the data signal from led 4(L21 pad-1) directly to led 6(L26 pad1) and it doesnt glow.
but it should or?

sorry, I don't think I can help you much there

Offline Runningtarrens

Re: [Solved]Help repairing a corne pcb (Led problem)
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 17:59:51 »
thanks! Ok got it working now. i just soldered a wire from the pad of the fifth led to the next led in line.
also i found out that you can  check the data in and data out line are connected to the led.
Use a multimeter and measure between data in and data out. you should have about 45 Ohm resistens.
[ Specified attachment is not available ]
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 July 2020, 18:03:50 by Runningtarrens »