Author Topic: Asus Eee PC 1015pem  (Read 1910 times)

Offline zaerst

• Trade Count: (0)
Asus Eee PC 1015pem
« on: Sun, 03 April 2011, 23:40:45 »
I have decided to try and sell my netbook. Don't use this much anymore and I could use the money. It has a dual core atom at 1.6ghz, much better than the older single cores. It has a 10" screen 6 cell battery. It also will include the 2gb memory stick I upgraded it with as well as a belkin neoprene zip sleeve, and original box. Battery life is 6-8hrs depending on settings. Pics to come soon. Laptop will come loaded with latest ubuntu which works great on this.

Whole pkg $300!

Offline notlofty

Asus Eee PC 1015pem
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 04 April 2011, 20:53:44 »
I use this computer as my main computer. The dual-core is plenty fast enough.
If you turn wi-fi off and use it just for reading a book or something like that you can approach the advertised 13 hour battery life.

Offline False_Dmitry_II

Asus Eee PC 1015pem
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 04 April 2011, 23:37:04 »
As far as cheap laptop style computers go I personally go for older run-of-the-mill laptops from a few years ago. Part of the reason is the screen is larger, and it's also going to be faster, and cheaper than things designed for this. The one I have now, for example, is a Dell 1501 AMD laptop for $200. I don't care about battery life at all though, I just have multiple cords. Though the one I have has one that lasts 3-4 hours, which is nuts for a laptop from 2007 (I think that's about when it's from anyway).

Though I will say, it being dual core is a step in the direction of becoming actually usable. Why does it have ubuntu instead of whatever windows that probably came with it?
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)

Offline zaerst

Asus Eee PC 1015pem
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 05 April 2011, 00:13:35 »
Windows starter is ****.

Offline False_Dmitry_II

Asus Eee PC 1015pem
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 05 April 2011, 02:25:09 »
Heh, I forgot that's what they were doing. I thought that they gave up and used a higher version or at least made it less terrible than 'run 3 programs at once' and whatnot like they originally announced.

Still, this isn't anandtech or tom's hardware or any places like that, so you should probably make that an option. Unless you wiped the recovery partition (that I'm assuming it had) and/or didn't make/receive backup discs. *rambling redacted*
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)