Author Topic: [IC] GMK Night Runner (GB is live!!!)  (Read 84110 times)

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
[IC] GMK Night Runner (GB is live!!!)
« on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 15:16:52 »
GB is live!!!

https://thekey.company/collections/night-runner

218321-0

Welcome to the night:

Many of you know me from my Nexus Slider GB and more recently my keyboard designs from TheKey.Company, and for a while now I have been wanting to make a set but could never find the right one, until now.

Inspired by those elite few who navigate the rooftops of a dystopian cyberpunk city,  GMK Night Runner aims to bring a little of the not-so-distant future to your set up.
The inky dark alpha base color represents the night sky, while the soft, dark blue used for the modifiers represents moon lit features, and the bright yellow legends represents the landscape of fluorescent signs and people running about the city and its skyline.
So without further ado, GMK Night Runner.

Keyset test render(not accurate to base kit):

218514-1

Proposed kits:

221911-2

Board render:

Renders by voodoo6k, the mastermind behind DSA Scientific.

219716-3
Grid 600 with LED module.

219588-4

219718-5

219720-6

Novelties:

221029-7
221031-8

Deskpad:

218671-9
Drawn by OneCreativeMind.

221006-10
Drawn by OneCreativeMind.

Colors:

Alpha base is the same as GMK Red samurai mods(by coincidence).

219470-11219472-12219474-13

IC Form:

https://forms.gle/UVGZq19VCEFEheCK8

Additional info:

Cables will be available from Zap.

I am debating about adding artisans as well, but that is TBD.

Support:

Show you support for the set by using the following code in your signature. Artwork done by OneCreativeMind.

Timeline:

Looking to launch the GB in July Waiting on GMK to review colors to see how well they can match and to prevent issues prior to the GB.

Vendor/Proxy:

Main vendor: TheKey.Company
Proxies: TBD
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 August 2019, 23:03:46 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline mta

Re: [IC] GMK Night Runner
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 15:19:07 »
Reminds me of Batgirl a bit -- cool colorway

Offline Tyson

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 15:22:08 »
I'm down! The colors are definitely different from anything out there right now! I love the way the yellow legends pop out!

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 15:22:27 »
Damn I love yellow legends

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 15:23:13 »
I like it, especially the alphas and the accent keys. If you were to add novelties, what do you have in mind?
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 April 2019, 15:36:29 by nasp »

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 15:36:33 »
I like it, especially the alphas and the accent keys. If you were to add novelties, what do you have in mind?night
Currently undecided, but that needs to be discussed. Not sure what I want the novelties theme to be so I don't have any ideas drafted up atm.

Offline Macmutant

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 15:37:28 »
Super interested! Filled out the form. Looking forward to seeing you develop this set.

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 16:00:08 »
Oh that Blue shade is what I like the most in this set.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 16:15:46 »

Thank you! That is what finished the set off in my mind, I didn't like the previous version I had until I did that single change and fell in love with the colors.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 16:19:54 »
Surely this goes against your vision of the set but I feel like the mod colour steals the show here, I'd like to see what it'd look like if it were a uniform set (à la terminal/skidata/etc) with just the acid yellow accents.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 16:46:01 »
Surely this goes against your vision of the set but I feel like the mod colour steals the show here, I'd like to see what it'd look like if it were a uniform set (à la terminal/skidata/etc) with just the acid yellow accents.

I get where you are coming from but I wasn't in love with that as much hence the mod change. Maybe I could do a N9 mod kit but base will be the blue.

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 16:58:26 »

Thank you! That is what finished the set off in my mind, I didn't like the previous version I had until I did that single change and fell in love with the colors.

You're welcome. And it's good to know that Blue is the vital part of the set to you. It's nice.
Keep up the good work!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 17:09:26 »
gotta admit not a huge fan of the colors on this one

purple and yellow is hard to make a winning combination with
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 17:38:18 »

Fortunately for you it's blue, not purple :)
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 17:45:03 »
OG Ultra Boost / OG Batman vibes... I like!

Offline comdata55

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 17:53:29 »
Love it, I'm in!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 18:30:37 »

Fortunately for you it's blue, not purple :)

it still looks bad
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 21:51:54 »
Update:

I have been working on getting the kits to where I want them to be for good renders. So will try and get renders done soonish and having someone help with novelties right now.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2019, 16:59:10 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline Tyson

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 20 April 2019, 02:16:12 »
Now that I think about it, this give me cyberpunk 2077 vibes!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 20 April 2019, 16:19:56 »
Now that I think about it, this give me cyberpunk 2077 vibes!

Show Image

Hmm, colors do match very well, unintentional but a good match.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 17:31:26 »
Updated the IC form to include a question about the alpha color, So please fill it out to vote on possibly changing the color.

Current alphas are N9(renders are darker than intended) but I am thinking about switching to Pantone 426 C which is a mid point between N9 and CR. The reason to keep N9 is to be able to match other N9 sets, but switching would make it closer to the original renders and what I was thinking of color wise. Hard decision as both have pros/cons but I am on the fence and can't decide myself.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 17:07:48 »
Update:

Updated kits to fix compatibility and requests from the IC form. As well I have updated the colors to include Pantone 426 C, which is at this time the planned alpha base and accent legends color.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2019, 16:59:22 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline PvtSkittles

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 17:59:43 »
Really love this - I hope it runs!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 18:10:33 »
Really love this - I hope it runs!

That is the plan, working on it in the background right now. Have to get novelties figured out and then real renders will be made and figuring out time frame from there.

Offline mkljfox44

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 18:53:35 »
Not bad. I'd like to see more renders though!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 23:05:42 »
nice

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 00:15:43 »
Not bad. I'd like to see more renders though!

Coming not too long from now hopefully, just want the novelties in the renders so have to wait for them to be designed(being done now by OneCreativeMind just like yours :P).
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 April 2019, 00:31:33 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 00:51:18 »
Update:

Added more caps to each kit, so they are nearly done now.

New IC form with different questions to iron out the remaining details. https://forms.gle/UVGZq19VCEFEheCK8
Please fill the form out even if you already have, I would really appreciate it.

Novelties are being designed by OneCreativeMind as we speak.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2019, 16:59:31 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 01:32:01 »
interested.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Re: [IC] GMK Night Runner (New IC Form to fill out)
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 13:37:16 »
Support:
Show you support for the set by using the following code in your signature. Artwork done by OneCreativeMind.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 16:19:47 »
Update:

Novelties have been added to the OP.

Still working on them, so if you have any opinions on what stays or something you would like to see added feel free to let me know!

218299-0
218301-1

All drawn by OneCreativeMind.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2019, 16:59:40 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 17:49:32 »
Love the novelties.
So shining.  :thumb:

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 18:00:58 »
Love the novelties.
So shining.  :thumb:

Thank you! OneCreativeMind and me have been going back and forth the past few days to try and get great novelties, still may do more if we get some really good suggestions anytime soon.

Also the Deskpad is in the works and I think it will be one of the best out there imo.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 23:48:31 »
Can't wait! I'll be saving my money to get multiple base sets along with Novelties!

Offline xeronu

• https://0w.nz
    • xero.nu
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 11:41:49 »
i love it! please think about adding a 3u yellow spacebar to the kit :D

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 11:53:19 »
i love it! please think about adding a 3u yellow spacebar to the kit :D

I was told recently that GMK doesn't have 3u spacebars...was that inaccurate information?

Offline xeronu

• https://0w.nz
    • xero.nu
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 12:45:23 »
sux about 3u, but what can you do i guess :P

i really dig the "night city" vibe. i would love to see more modifiers w/ the skyline motif. an entire bottom (or top) row of buildings would be awesome and very unique. im also a fan of icon only modifiers, like these. not sure why more designs dont use the classic unix option/alt and meta symbols. this kit is looking super awesome. and i'm definitely down for "when" this becomes a reality. keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 May 2019, 12:53:12 by xeronu »

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 14:37:29 »
i really dig the "night city" vibe. i would love to see more modifiers w/ the skyline motif. an entire bottom (or top) row of buildings would be awesome and very unique. im also a fan of icon only modifiers, like these. not sure why more designs dont use the classic unix option/alt and meta symbols. this kit is looking super awesome. and i'm definitely down for "when" this becomes a reality. keep up the good work!

Well you are in luck, we added more! I am not sure if we will have that many novelties, just because cost only gets worse the more we add.

218392-0
218394-1

Offline Colourr

• no worries

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 13:12:59 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Big fan of these novelties!

Thanks! OneCreativeMind did an amazing job on them and I could not be happier.

Offline pr0ximity

Re: [IC] GMK Night Runner (Novelties added, Deskpad and Artisan to come)
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 17:05:08 »
I've heard RAL colors are easier for GMK to match than Pantone. Might be worth considering/asking them to avoid issues with color accuracy.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Re: [IC] GMK Night Runner (Deskpad design is in! Artisan to come)
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 16:12:42 »
Update:

Quick update, The deskpad design is done!

OneCreativeMind did an amazing job taking my concept, and inspiration images and creating such a great design that I honestly could not be happier about. Hopefully everyone likes it as much as I do!

Deskpad:
218668-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2019, 16:59:54 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 16:26:32 »
That's really good art what the ****, hopefully it turns out well in deskpad form!

Offline driftingbunnies

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 19:14:19 »
I really like the deskpad! One thing is the chinese/japanese characters just say night and to run/walk/go. Any possibility changing to to be runner?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 19:31:53 »
I really like the deskpad! One thing is the chinese/japanese characters just say night and to run/walk/go. Any possibility changing to to be runner?

Reason for it being 夜走 "Night Run" is to match the novelties(being that runner is two characters 走者).
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 May 2019, 19:38:11 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 12:52:11 »
Update:

The renders are starting to roll in, and I will be updating the OP post when each one is finished. I am trying to finalize what I want in the novelties kit, and taking suggestions on what row profile you want the each novelties to be on.

Render:
219492-0

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 15:30:56 »
Looking good! Excited to see the rest of the renders come in.

Offline chriszhu

• (* ̄(エ) ̄*)''
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 14:03:09 »
Looks good!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 14:04:10 »
Looks good!

Thank you! Getting more renders done atm, so will update as they flow in.

Offline comdata55

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 14:20:40 »
Love it!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk