geekhack Community > Keyboards

7 Conesecutive keys on my mechanical keyboard I just built are not working....

(1/4) > >>

afterthoughts:
I built a tg4x yesterday (https://github.com/MythosMann/tg4x)  , and other than the P key (which I will need to bridge but still works) From the left shift all the way to the b key nothing is registering and i cant find any bridges to get any of the keys to work. Is there anyone with a solution to this? I can share photos of the pins of the switches, diodes, controller, and anything else need be. I am stressing super hard because this was my one and only bday present and I am super worried that its completely broken   :(

suicidal_orange:
Left shift to B is 6 keys, plus P?  Or are you using split left shift plus the ISO key (which looks to be supported in the pic of the PCB but not in the firmware...)  Either way I guess you have a rev2 or rev21 board and the whole 'row' is dead.  If I'm reading the firmware correctly the diodes for that 'row' should be connected to pin F6 on the controller, so with the space bar near you looking at the back of the PCB shorting the top/left switch pin of a dead key to F6 should type that key.

If that makes no sense post a pic showing the affected keys and the controller and I'll add some coloured dots :)

The other option could be a shorted pin on the chip on the Pro Micro(?) so a close up pic of that would be good too.

afterthoughts:
Here is the pic: https://imgur.com/a/tym9l4R
 If you need a more clear one or I did not get what you needed in the pic than let me know. The p Key problem is likely unrelated and I plan just to bridge one of the pins on it to the O key which makes it work just fine. Another weird thing is that the bottom right 4 Keys all do not register either ( https://imgur.com/a/e8fM5Qg ) but at this point getting those to work is icing on the cake. Once I have 26 letters working, space, shift, and a backspace I dont need to mess with any more. Thanks so much for your help man it means more than you know! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

afterthoughts:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Tue, 27 July 2021, 18:49:58 ---Left shift to B is 6 keys, plus P?  Or are you using split left shift plus the ISO key (which looks to be supported in the pic of the PCB but not in the firmware...)  Either way I guess you have a rev2 or rev21 board and the whole 'row' is dead.  If I'm reading the firmware correctly the diodes for that 'row' should be connected to pin F6 on the controller, so with the space bar near you looking at the back of the PCB shorting the top/left switch pin of a dead key to F6 should type that key.

If that makes no sense post a pic showing the affected keys and the controller and I'll add some coloured dots :)

The other option could be a shorted pin on the chip on the Pro Micro(?) so a close up pic of that would be good too.

--- End quote ---

Forgot to answer that it is left shift to N, not B. I misspoke

suicidal_orange:
Damn black PCBs, so hard to see anything but it's a rev21 which has added hotswap pad and they kept the same pins connected to the diodes in the bit I can make out so hopefully it's consistent.

Reading the firmware again L Shift to N are in one 'row' so it is as I thought - short pink to orange and it should type that key.  Is the pin in the yellow circle soldered?  If not that could be the problem.  If it is solder a bridge between pink and blue and it should work good as new. 

We're not stopping until all the keys work but need to check I'm reading the firmware correctly as this board has a strange layout so just this one for now :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version