geekhack Community > Keyboards

Aluminum VS Brass plate sound tests!!

(1/2) > >>

c.a.t.:

Check my new video: Aluminum VS Brass plate sound tests!!

Chalkboard:
Thanks for posting :). I like your videos. I think I ordered an FK-2001 from the same batch as you on eBay. More videos on keyboard things other than just MX switch stuff is always appreciated :).

As for this video, for me, I didn't notice an appreciable different between plates (there may be a subtle difference, but not enough for me to care). Although, maybe it's more noticeable in person. Definitely more of a difference in keycaps (and switches, obviously).

c.a.t.:
Hey thanks, it's very appreciated!! :) I have many other keyboards sound tests on the way! ;) How do you like the Focus? For me, the cheap construction made it hard to use as daily keyboard, but the switches are very pleasant to type on! :)

killyou:
Ahhhh SA. Love the sound, hate the profile.

Chalkboard:

--- Quote from: c.a.t. on Thu, 23 September 2021, 19:43:56 ---Hey thanks, it's very appreciated!! :) I have many other keyboards sound tests on the way! ;) How do you like the Focus? For me, the cheap construction made it hard to use as daily keyboard, but the switches are very pleasant to type on! :)

--- End quote ---

I really like the way the keyboard feels. The alps.tw Type T1 switches feel very nice (can't beat that new switch feel) and have a nice light weighting at 60gf relative to some genuine ALPS switches. They also don't sound that bad either. Not quite as nice as genuine complicated ALPS white switches, but still pretty respectable.

The build quality does leave a lot to be desired, although I do not plan to use it as my daily keyboard. That is reserved for my black AT101W. Although, I have an Ortek MCK-142 Pro coming soon, which might claim the daily driver title since I'm always looking for more macro keys :).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version