Author Topic: [IC] GMK Solarized (Penumbra?!)  (Read 783903 times)

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
Re: [IC] GMK Solarized (Penumbra?!)
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 06:58:16 »
Despite all the things said in this thread I will say this....

It is not easy being a GB leader. In fact, a lot of GBs tend to lose money. One of the main reasons for doing a followup GB is to help fix the damage the last one caused, and while I don't agree with this method personally, I can see the reason why it is done. With that said, Bunnylake, thanks for taking the time to run very low cost GB for the community. It's astounding to have 13000+ shipments sent out since 2015. In fact, I wonder how you even sleep.

I hope that at the end of the day, we can just talk about making cool things, having nice keyboards, and even happier fingers.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline Data

« Reply #101 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 07:00:38 »
Because of a couple of trolls I'll lay out very clearly what is happening

Another vendor is running some of ctrl alts sets through gmk currently, they are buying them outright and selling them once on hand and giving us a cut of the profits, this money will be used to fix the outstanding old stuff we have while not taking time away from.fullfilling that, this is a positive step to fix a **** situation we were left in by someone else

Apparently what these people want above is for me to dump the old orders and just leave and hide, rather than stay and make progressive steps to fix them

I clearly see what you're doing (even without this explanation) and, as a Toxic GB participant, I appreciate that you've taken these steps to get everything in order.  Thank you.

I would have preferred to read about your plans in the Toxic thread... but beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 07:03:38 »
So shipping will be, like, 2019 then?

being sarcastic darling? :)

well, at least I'm here long enough to know how happy I am with ctrl alt

and man... this ruined the surprise as swimmingbird said

More
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Data

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 07:07:34 »
So shipping will be, like, 2019 then?

being sarcastic darling? :)

well, at least I'm here long enough to know how happy I am with ctrl alt

and man... this ruined the surprise as swimmingbird said

More
Show Image

We're way past the point of surprises being appropriate when it comes to long-overdue group buys.  If it's related to completing fulfillment on Toxic and [whatever the other one is, I'm not a participant] then it should be front and center, all day, every day, until those buys are complete.  Surprises take a back seat.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 07:10:23 »

Another vendor is running some of ctrl alts sets through gmk currently, they are buying them outright and selling them once on hand and giving us a cut of the profits, this money will be used to fix the outstanding old stuff we have while not taking time away from.fullfilling that, this is a positive step to fix a **** situation we were left in by someone else

Apparently what these people want above is for me to dump the old orders and just leave and hide, rather than stay and make progressive steps to fix them

I clearly see what you're doing (even without this explanation) and, as a Toxic GB participant, I appreciate that you've taken these steps to get everything in order.  Thank you.

I would have preferred to read about your plans in the Toxic thread... but beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

Show Image

Sorry data the thread forced my hand in the announcement

This isn't how we wanted to release this information and there is much more to come.we will be releasing shortly

We have been concentrating on fixing what we can so we have a clean slate to work on the replacements when they come in

Appreciate the understanding from someone involved rather than the bull**** comments from people who from what I can see just make stuff up about me to fit their argument, they didn't even take the time to read my posts in this thread, let alone the history behind their accusations and assumptions
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline smart5088

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 08:12:38 »
text base gmk color code L9 ?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 08:21:05 »
This whole thread is so confusing. 

If OP really just wants the set to happen, why would he be angry that someone else is volunteering to do the legwork for him?  Why would someone argue to this extent in favor of shouldering the burden of a group buy?  Not to mention that someone with so few posts would not be allowed to run a group buy in the first place, so he'd need to find someone to run it anyway.

From a buyer's perspective, why would you want someone with 11 posts to run a group buy over a pre-run set being sold by a reputable vendor?  If someone came into an interest check thread and said "hey guys, this is actually definitely happening" two years ago, the community would thank them for making their dreams a reality.  Why are you all complaining that the set is being made and you don't have to go through the wait of the interest check phase?

And who the hell cares about "proof" anyway?  If it is all a big bluff, won't we find out when...it doesn't happen...?  And what is possibly gained from lying about it?  Again, this whole argument is so confusing...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 08:34:39 »
This whole thread is so confusing. 

If OP really just wants the set to happen, why would he be angry that someone else is volunteering to do the legwork for him?  Why would someone argue to this extent in favor of shouldering the burden of a group buy?  Not to mention that someone with so few posts would not be allowed to run a group buy in the first place, so he'd need to find someone to run it anyway.

From a buyer's perspective, why would you want someone with 11 posts to run a group buy over a pre-run set being sold by a reputable vendor?  If someone came into an interest check thread and said "hey guys, this is actually definitely happening" two years ago, the community would thank them for making their dreams a reality.  Why are you all complaining that the set is being made and you don't have to go through the wait of the interest check phase?

And who the hell cares about "proof" anyway?  If it is all a big bluff, won't we find out when...it doesn't happen...?  And what is possibly gained from lying about it?  Again, this whole argument is so confusing...

Some people just want to watch the world burn. :eek:

:spam:
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 July 2016, 08:38:30 by SpAmRaY »

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 08:36:31 »
So let me get this straight, OP. Nothing against you, but you took the liberty to use the official GMK Carbon group buy render (that you didn't make) to promote an idea that you also didn't create, without even contacting who's responsible for both the original render and keycap set idea in the first place? I'm going to break it down for you right now; do not count on big vendors to support you and order, sort and ship this keycap set for you. I'll repeat; do not count on a big vendor backing you up by sorting and shipping this for you. It won't happen. This similar kind of behavior ruined other surprise announcements in the past and I find pretty bummer that it happened again. The problem with you guys is that you can't wait, instant gratification mentality taking place once again. But since you're here anyway I recommend you to focus on creating your own keycap set, stop replicating somebody else's idea & work and finding people to back you up. Good luck with that.

Original GMK Carbon render, color swapped by OP.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #109 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 08:39:34 »
hai gais!

Offline NAV

• Formerly A_Vicarious_Death
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 08:44:29 »
So let me get this straight, OP. Nothing against you, but you took the liberty to use the official GMK Carbon group buy render (that you didn't make) to promote an idea that you also didn't create, without even contacting who's responsible for both the original render and keycap set idea in the first place? I'm going to break it down for you right now; do not count on big vendors to support you and order, sort and ship this keycap set for you. I'll repeat; do not count on a big vendor backing you up by sorting and shipping this for you. It won't happen. This similar kind of behavior ruined other surprise announcements in the past and I find pretty bummer that it happened again. The problem with you guys is that you can't wait, instant gratification mentality taking place once again. But since you're here anyway I recommend you to focus on creating your own keycap set, stop replicating somebody else's idea & work and finding people to back you up. Good luck with that.

Show Image

Um, while I'm firmly on Bunny's side for this particular instance, why do people need to wait for already-established vendors to make a round 2 of an established colorway, if it's been over two years since that colorway was released? Just because Bunny had planned it doesn't mean ctrlalt had announced it in any way. Why would a person be wrong for trying to revive a two year old colorway?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 08:49:50 »

Show Image

Um, while I'm firmly on Bunny's side for this particular instance, why do people need to wait for already-established vendors to make a round 2 of an established colorway, if it's been over two years since that colorway was released? Just because Bunny had planned it doesn't mean ctrlalt had announced it in any way. Why would a person be wrong for trying to revive a two year old colorway?

It's about showing each other in the community mutual respect, ownership issues aside, first and foremost there should be communication between each other

In an ideal world people should come up with their own ideas and put them forward, but in an instance of reviving or revisiting old projects, the first point of contact should be discussing it with people previously involved

Whether you respect their wishes or not afterwards and how that should be handled is a matter of debate, but courtesy should be shown for people who previously invested time or money in to something

We are a small.community who should be supporting each other, and working together to make things happen, not fighting

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 08:50:16 »
So will this set include a R5 bottom row?

Offline NAV

• Formerly A_Vicarious_Death
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 08:53:28 »

Show Image

It's about showing each other in the community mutual respect, ownership issues aside, first and foremost there should be communication between each other

In an ideal world people should come up with their own ideas and put them forward, but in an instance of reviving or revisiting old projects, the first point of contact should be discussing it with people previously involved

Whether you respect their wishes or not afterwards and how that should be handled is a matter of debate, but courtesy should be shown for people who previously invested time or money in to something

We are a small.community who should be supporting each other, and working together to make things happen, not fighting

Agreed :)
I'm actually really glad that this community promotes respectfulness over a full free market
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 July 2016, 08:55:11 by A_Vicarious_Death »

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 08:53:47 »
Can we get nipples on F and J?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 08:58:10 »
You first.

Offline KlarKuo

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 08:59:07 »
Agreed :)
I'm actually really glad that this community promotes respectfulness over a full free market

Thank god it does

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 09:02:27 »

Show Image

I saw this IC pop up over at Reddit and I already had a feeling a thread like this would be here.

It did remind me of the beauty that is the original SA set but I am on Bunny's side on this issue. It would have been polite to ask and save yourself some time. But since we are here now anyway and seeing the OP respond in such a way has left me feeling hesitant on joining this particular IC/GB.

Couple that with some renders that were changed without asking (even though most times these are posted with a thank you note) means McLovin won't be getting my money.

Good luck on whatever you choose to do. But try to learn from this.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline kernel

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 09:42:31 »
just a few more posts until keemstar makes a video about this drama :^)

Offline Hispes

• ISYMFS
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 09:44:09 »
You first.

I like where this is headed!

Offline cmd

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 09:44:55 »

Show Image

this this this thisthisthisthis v vvthis v  thisthisv thisthisthisthisthisthis thisv thisvthisthisthisthis vthisthis this vthis thisthisthis

h*ll, this thisv thisthis v vthisthisvthis v v v v thisthisv v this

Offline Data

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 10:19:17 »

Show Image

I saw this IC pop up over at Reddit and I already had a feeling a thread like this would be here.

It did remind me of the beauty that is the original SA set but I am on Bunny's side on this issue. It would have been polite to ask and save yourself some time. But since we are here now anyway and seeing the OP respond in such a way has left me feeling hesitant on joining this particular IC/GB.

Couple that with some renders that were changed without asking (even though most times these are posted with a thank you note) means McLovin won't be getting my money.

Good luck on whatever you choose to do. But try to learn from this.

It's not only polite -- I don't expect a new account to know the nuances of GeekHack culture, customs, and courtesies.

It's just logical.  It just makes cold, calculated sense to reach out to the guy who made the set originally and ask him if he's thought about running it again.  He might even be willing to help you.  There is nothing to lose and everything to gain by checking with the creator first.

I have to echo Hoffman's confusion.

Offline nogo1557

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 10:45:25 »
you took the liberty to use the official GMK Carbon group buy render (that you didn't make) to promote an idea that you also didn't create, without even contacting who's responsible for both the original render

Hmmmm................

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 10:54:13 »
when and where can buy GMK Penumbra ? :p :p :p

It'll be sold through a large vendor who is part of gh and promoted through ctrl alt shortly

How many sets?

500 initially

Hey bunny!

500 sets do not even cover the chinese demand. I expect the demand being around 3k. That small number may cause much heat in the community.
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 July 2016, 10:56:32 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 10:57:56 »

Hey, thanks a lot for the clarification. However I am now unsure if that batch is the one you hinted at back a few months ago:

Once all the old stuff is out we will be running round 2, it'll be the final sp buy we ever do as I promised I would do it

It'll be an all in one set like hackd was

Or is that a different, upcoming buy for SA profile caps like the original was? Thanks!

PS: I'm new to the community, and the drama is a little concerning  :rolleyes:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #125 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 10:59:12 »

Hey, thanks a lot for the clarification. However I am now unsure if that batch is the one you hinted at back a few months ago:

Once all the old stuff is out we will be running round 2, it'll be the final sp buy we ever do as I promised I would do it

It'll be an all in one set like hackd was

Or is that a different, upcoming buy for SA profile caps like the original was? Thanks!

Both are happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 11:01:37 »

It's an ever growing presence, as of late.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 11:03:38 »
Both are happening

Great, thanks! I was wanting to go for the GMK Carbon as a lower profile and SA Penumbra as a high one, had there only been the the GMK Penumbra I'd have chose that one over Carbon

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 11:04:41 »
Both are happening

Great, thanks! I was wanting to go for the GMK Carbon as a lower profile and SA Penumbra as a high one, had there only been the the GMK Penumbra I'd have chose that one over Carbon

I spoke to the guy doing carbon today, it's a great design and he seems a good dude so I reckon you made an excellent choice

Offline canigetanipa

[IC] GMK Solarized (Penumbra?!)
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 11:08:04 »
Hey bunny!

500 sets do not even cover the chinese demand. I expect the demand being around 3k. That small number may cause much heat in the community.

Yeah a bit of my concern too how do we make sure we can get in on the list?

So it sounds like both GMK and SA profiles are happening now?

With GMK being late Aug and SA being around when?

Offline Gajible

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 11:08:51 »

It's an ever growing presence, as of late.

As of forever it would seem. Between Ripster, Bro and Ivan,  this community definitely thrives on drama.

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 11:14:40 »

From a buyer's perspective, why would you want someone with 11 posts to run a group buy over a pre-run set being sold by a reputable vendor?
True, we'll rely more on people like, let's say, Ivan then?

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #132 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 11:15:58 »

From a buyer's perspective, why would you want someone with 11 posts to run a group buy over a pre-run set being sold by a reputable vendor?
TIL Ivan was a vendor  :confused:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #133 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 11:21:17 »

TIL Ivan was a vendor  :confused:

Shhh that point doesn't conveniently fit in with his argument

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 11:23:17 »
Because he ate part of his sock :)) :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Should probably be able to handle the responsibility of a GB.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Gajible

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 11:33:34 »
Because he ate part of his sock :)) :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Should probably be able to handle the responsibility of a GB.

He's also a well respected community member in other areas of the community, but you're right, post count = trustworthyness. /s

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 11:50:11 »

He's also a well respected community member in other areas of the community, but you're right, post count = trustworthyness. /s

ivan and berserk ruined it all for me
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Geckt

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 12:04:56 »
So this will be a FCFS gb in gh only then?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #138 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 12:07:48 »
So this will be a FCFS gb in gh only then?

I can't speak for op, but my version of this will be for sale on a vendors website and won't be exclusive to any platform

Offline repuls0r

« Reply #139 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 12:21:41 »
Since its 500sets, then i guess its going to be FCFS. Or FHFL(fast hand fast leg) is another way to put it.
Matrix 8XV1.0  |  FMJ 80  |  SKOG  |  TGR Jane CE  |  Orion V2  |  Mech27  |  LZCP  |  TXCP  |  CPSQ  |  TX1800

Offline Geckt

« Reply #140 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 12:26:56 »
Since its 500sets, then i guess its going to be FCFS. Or FHFL(fast hand fast leg) is another way to put it.

Whichever way you see it as, I'd wait for Bunny to leak some info soon.

PS: try EBGW. I will give you credits if you can solve that one.

Offline y2bd

• I'm just here for the caps
    • Twitter
« Reply #141 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 12:32:35 »

Every Body Gets wOne, right?

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 12:40:38 »
Everyone But Geckt Wins  :p

Offline Geckt

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 12:42:47 »

Not even close. But good try.  ;D

That's surprisingly fitting, but, nope.  :rolleyes:

Offline nugglets

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 12:49:57 »

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 13:13:32 »
i am having trouble understanding why Bunny would hop in this thread and try to derail this IC. If ctrl.alt has their own set in the works, great. I am sure it will be a success, and hopefully provide some capital to close out some past projects. I dont see how this project would take anything away from that, except maybe they will not have features we can get in this set because they did not include any community feedback

I will definitely be backing this project as it is clearly based on demand, and will include input from those community members involved. I look forward to all the bickering to end, and design on this set to move forward

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 13:17:12 »
i am having trouble understanding why Bunny would hop in this thread and try to derail this IC. If ctrl.alt has their own set in the works, great.
He didn't try to derail. There is nothing to derail. It's been done already, no IC is needed.

The only thing that was derailed was their announcement which was spoilt by OP here.

Offline WOMBO

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 13:22:27 »

Show Image

this guy gets it

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #148 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 13:22:56 »
hai gais!

I saw you in Finding Dory.

More

Offline Geckt

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 13:29:54 »

Show Image

this guy gets it

Yep, no prizes tho.  :D