Author Topic: Post your Topre Keyboard  (Read 2613499 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #6300 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 06:08:59 »
Looks great! I love that theme.  :)

The FNs look awesome man! Very dope.

Nicely matched bros!

Those black/red blanks are perfect for the blank black HHKB

Thanks! I got pretty lucky on having some matching bros for a nice theme  :thumb:

Show Image

It's crazy how close the colors match on these keys...

Very congratulate indeed!

Nices :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Cooler than your average kid ;)
« Reply #6301 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 09:11:48 »
Hmm, something showed up for me today.

More
Show Image

Ooh, nice box, i wonder whats inside?

Show Image

Is that what i think it is?

Show Image

Why yes it is, a very sexy 55G 10th Anniversary edition  ;D
Yay you got one!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6302 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 12:35:08 »

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'm jelly, but not jelly enough enough for the money spent on an AE board.

Still wish I had one though, so sexy...Who am I kidding? I'm jealous...

Don't lie to yourself.  You want one.

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #6303 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 12:41:18 »

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I don't want one... but my GF does! She wouldn't let me spend that much on her keyboard though.  :(

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6304 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 12:47:46 »

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I don't want one... but my GF does! She wouldn't let me spend that much on her keyboard though.  :(

-___-

You want one.

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #6305 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 12:57:09 »
So, I got something in the mail today...

Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline btctopre

« Reply #6306 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 19:19:33 »

Found a variable weight listed in Indonesia for ~$230 here. Not sure how legit it is, but yeah, maybe one of the resident pertamaxers can help you out  :p

Offline raymogi

« Reply #6307 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 19:33:33 »

Found a variable weight listed in Indonesia for ~$230 here. Not sure how legit it is, but yeah, maybe one of the resident pertamaxers can help you out  :p

btc you're from indo?
Please feed my addiction.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #6308 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 19:36:54 »

Much want. I  could just buy a 55g 87u later and transplant the domes into it and sell the variable... Hmm...Tempting, very tempting..

Offline btctopre

« Reply #6309 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 19:47:24 »
btc you're from indo?
negative. was just trying to find a pic of the swappable 87u ctrl/caps and saw the product page pic for this show up in google image results, and of course i had to open it up. hopefully that bit of random will help someone save $100+ (assuming the listing is legit) :thumb:

Offline raymogi

« Reply #6310 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 19:50:10 »
The thing is that I have tried to purchase the AE locally before. And while some sellers/websites do have them listed, you might want to email them first.

I paid for one from Kaskus before because the price is too good to be true and the seller said it's in stock, only to find out the next day that it's out of stock and the distributor have no idea about it. It's a pretty rare sight to find Realforce stuff here in Indonesia.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #6311 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 19:51:03 »
man, btc, why you have to do dis.. it's very tempting but I don't think I need one! But yeah, how legit is that website - any locals can verify? Raymogi? Jokrik? Hendy?

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #6312 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 19:59:49 »
I contacted them with a message asking if that item was still in stock, now we wait...

Offline raymogi

« Reply #6313 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 20:05:41 »
man, btc, why you have to do dis.. it's very tempting but I don't think I need one! But yeah, how legit is that website - any locals can verify? Raymogi? Jokrik? Hendy?

Never bought from them but most important thing is to ask for stock first. At least the website itself looks clean.

If I see a badly designed local website I would pass them as not legit right away :D

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6314 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 21:21:47 »
I finally have a half-decent photo of my HHKB and my Topre artisan collection so here ya go!

This was from when I entered in the UMAD giveaway last week. Went back to the grey HHKB mods and my lone KRAP in the Esc slot, looks much cleaner :) - may update this weekend since I also added the PBT spacebar - but the color matches so perfectly you couldn't tell :P

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #6315 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 11:30:54 »
Finally got a RF 103U for the office =)

Thanks LivingSpeedBump :thumb:

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #6316 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 18:13:25 »

Show Image

Yikes, that clack!  Is that the one from eBizzle that recently sold?

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6317 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 18:30:14 »

Show Image

Yikes, that clack!  Is that the one from eBizzle that recently sold?

negative, digi isn't an idiot

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #6318 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 11:25:25 »

Show Image

Sexy board and clack. Approved  :thumb:  :thumb:   :cool:

Offline Kinaesthetic

« Reply #6319 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 22:41:51 »
So, I decided to try making Numiru's Green Tea keyset on a RF104U. Turned out surprisingly well. The modifiers are a bit darker grey than the picture shows. The only problem is that I cannot tell whether or not this is the poor person's Green Tea keyset...... or the opposite  :-\  :eek:

Unfortunately, there was no green PBT spacebar in that MD  :(, and my current ABS one has already developed shine on it, so I had to go with the next best thing, which was the black one from the group buy.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 October 2015, 22:45:43 by Kinaesthetic »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6320 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 08:37:10 »
So, I decided to try making Numiru's Green Tea keyset on a RF104U. Turned out surprisingly well. The modifiers are a bit darker grey than the picture shows. The only problem is that I cannot tell whether or not this is the poor person's Green Tea keyset...... or the opposite  :-\  :eek:

Show Image

Unfortunately, there was no green PBT spacebar in that MD  :(, and my current ABS one has already developed shine on it, so I had to go with the next best thing, which was the black one from the group buy.

Looks good!  And I'd imagine this is the opposite of the poor person's Green Tea, haha.  :))

As for the spacebar, did you try the blue one?  I'd imagine that might match okay.

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #6321 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 08:41:43 »

Show Image

Looks pretty good! I wouldn't call it the poor person's Green Tea either. I agree with Hoff, the blue spacebar might look pretty good. The white one would be OK, but probably not as good.

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline Kinaesthetic

« Reply #6322 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 10:08:53 »

Show Image

Looks good!  And I'd imagine this is the opposite of the poor person's Green Tea, haha.  :))

As for the spacebar, did you try the blue one?  I'd imagine that might match okay.

Show Image

Looks pretty good! I wouldn't call it the poor person's Green Tea either. I agree with Hoff, the blue spacebar might look pretty good. The white one would be OK, but probably not as good.

Ironically, that was meant to be the pun I was going for :O! I did actually try the blue bar, but it just didn't go with the keyset. I mean, I could've gone with the green ABS spacebar to actually make it a legitimate green tea layout. And it DID look good when I did that. But, unfortunately my green spacebar has developed a significant amount of shine on the top, so I went with the next best one being the black PBT spacebar. At least that one somewhat fits in with the BBv2 on the Esc.

Offline btctopre

« Reply #6323 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 10:44:41 »
Ironically, that was meant to be the pun I was going for :O! I did actually try the blue bar, but it just didn't go with the keyset. I mean, I could've gone with the green ABS spacebar to actually make it a legitimate green tea layout. And it DID look good when I did that. But, unfortunately my green spacebar has developed a significant amount of shine on the top, so I went with the next best one being the black PBT spacebar. At least that one somewhat fits in with the BBv2 on the Esc.

Please take a pic with the shiny green spacebar, fam, this black nonsense looks too out of place.

For real though, you might try dyeing one of the white PBT spacebars a green-ish color to see if you can get something more matching. Or just buy a 104 Pro from China and move the dark gray mods and spacebar over to make a rich man's green tea  (´・ω・`)

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #6324 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 10:52:59 »

Please take a pic with the shiny green spacebar, fam, this black nonsense looks too out of place.

For real though, you might try dyeing one of the white PBT spacebars a green-ish color to see if you can get something more matching. Or just buy a 104 Pro from China and move the dark gray mods and spacebar over to make a rich man's green tea  (´・ω・`)
Use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on that shiny green spacebar, they work pretty good if only temporarily for shine relief. 

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #6325 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 11:50:16 »

Show Image

Very nice! I've been eyeing up a 103U, I love the symmetrical look!

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Kinaesthetic

« Reply #6326 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 12:21:26 »

I would, but I don't have the cash T.T. That, and I only have one of the white PBT bars, which will remain white so if I ever sell this board, I can sell it with a matching PBT spacebar.

However, I can appease the BTCTopre with this sexy thing:

You can definitely see the shine T.T...

Offline Bomble

« Reply #6327 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 01:03:10 »
Messed around with a camera this afternoon, here's a poorly focused shot of my HHKB :p

Offline raymogi

« Reply #6328 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 01:06:43 »
Messed around with a camera this afternoon, here's a poorly focused shot of my HHKB :p

Show Image

That's clean as hell bruh!

I can't wait to get some HKP blanks as well. The red on black and the purple looks sexay.

Offline Bomble

« Reply #6329 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 01:19:42 »

Show Image

That's clean as hell bruh!

I can't wait to get some HKP blanks as well. The red on black and the purple looks sexay.

Cheers! I'm not sure what I think about having the four different colours on it at the moment, I just kinda whacked everything on there for the sake of it.

And yeah I'm really impressed with the HKP blank, it works out nicely because it's a bit more textured than the stock caps, so it's even easier to tell when my finger's on the right key. The two tones looked really nice too, I just didn't have any purpose for them when I ordered and I was a little short on cash so I just bought the one.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #6330 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 01:26:51 »
Honestly I think it's fine as it is. Only thing I would do to that board is add something green... maybe the 2 alt at the bottom.

Offline Bomble

« Reply #6331 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 01:47:32 »
Honestly I think it's fine as it is. Only thing I would do to that board is add something green... maybe the 2 alt at the bottom.

Green's not a bad idea actually - I might look in to that ;)

Offline yaro_b

« Reply #6332 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 12:31:25 »
HHKB for coding at home. HKP Troopers. Also upgraded with Hasu's Alt Controller.

Offline yaro_b

« Reply #6333 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 12:37:16 »
HHKB for coding at work. Two HKP Troopers with Mat3o's Topre-to-MX converters. Plus Hasu's Alt Controller.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #6334 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 13:33:03 »
The more White HHKB's I see, the more I want one. I love my black one, but there's something about the white with blank caps...

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #6335 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 14:17:16 »
I would quite like one of Hasu's controllers...

:(
Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #6336 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 15:16:32 »
Mmm

113122-0

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #6337 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 15:22:18 »
Someone trade me a black hhkb plz!

113124-0

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #6338 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 15:22:44 »
Mmm

(Attachment Link)

Gawgeous!  :-*

Remind me to send you a care package. That last package you sent was too good and I was too busy to put together something special  :thumb:

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #6339 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 15:25:32 »
Mmm

(Attachment Link)

Gawgeous!  :-*

Remind me to send you a care package. That last package you sent was too good and I was too busy to put together something special  :thumb:

The caps are amaizing  :eek:

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #6340 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 20:28:42 »
HASU Controller, Dental Banded, PBT Spacebar, KeyKollectiv Modifiers.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #6341 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 20:36:11 »

Show Image

Looking good dustin!

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #6342 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 20:37:29 »
The legend has returned!

I remember drooling over your HHKB with the purple silent sliders. Those were the times.  :))

Offline dante

« Reply #6343 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 20:44:14 »
Does the Hasu controller let you create a Space-FN layout?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6344 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 20:49:01 »

Show Image

So. Clean.

* HoffmanMyster drools

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #6345 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 06:16:31 »
Thanks! I got pretty lucky on having some matching bros for a nice theme  :thumb:

Show Image

It's crazy how close the colors match on these keys...

Show Image

The Internet cannot properly convey the level of hnng I'm feeling right now.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #6346 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 08:22:11 »

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #6347 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 23:45:17 »
these **** photos are brought to you by the terrible lighting in my office

the v2 is an Andromeda

Offline jonathanyu