geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

Caffiene Detox

<< < (2/14) > >>

9999hp:

--- Quote from: tristinDLC on Thu, 09 November 2017, 01:40:47 ---I'm an incredibly heavy Coke drinker with milk nearly being the only other fluid I drink. Occasionally I switch it up, but like, I hate the taste of water so I have a real problem drinking it. "More water" is always on my list of changes to make, but I can never stick with it for more than a couple days at best.

--- End quote ---

I know people like that, some of them have been amazing athletes too to my surprise. I initially read that as "I drink coke with milk.".. And thought... "I wonder if that's good? I should try it" hahaha

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: 9999hp on Thu, 09 November 2017, 03:40:11 ---
--- Quote from: tristinDLC on Thu, 09 November 2017, 01:40:47 ---I'm an incredibly heavy Coke drinker with milk nearly being the only other fluid I drink. Occasionally I switch it up, but like, I hate the taste of water so I have a real problem drinking it. "More water" is always on my list of changes to make, but I can never stick with it for more than a couple days at best.

--- End quote ---

I know people like that, some of them have been amazing athletes too to my surprise. I initially read that as "I drink coke with milk.".. And thought... "I wonder if that's good? I should try it" hahaha

--- End quote ---

When I was 8,   i did twizzler, milk, coke, orange soda, sugar, hotdog, m&ms..

It made sense at the time.. first experience with blender..

tristinDLC:
An older guy I worked with used to take a couple drinks of a bottled Coke to make some room and then pour in a bunch of peanuts. Apparently, it was some old school farmers "hack" so they could eat and drink at the same time, while still being able to keep one hand on the wheel of their tractor. Back in the day, I guess breaks were very minimal if you owned a farm, so you came up with these types of LPTs.

SpAmRaY:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Wed, 08 November 2017, 10:40:06 ---It's a Drug...

So it's a source of dopamine in one's lifestyle.

If you remove this,  for most people,  they'll put something else in there in its place..

If that replacement is xercise, then hurray,    but if its chocolate pudding,  or more western-greasy-foods in general,   then TECHNICALLY, quitting the coffee would only accelerate the common affluence diseases.

--- End quote ---
Definitely chocolate pudding and greasy foods with my coffee.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

fohat.digs:

--- Quote from: 9999hp on Thu, 09 November 2017, 01:33:14 ---
Fohat, how much coffee do you drink when you do?

--- End quote ---

One cup, but I make it strong. I always use real cream and no sugar. Years ago I read an article, in Scientific American as I remember, where a study showed that milk fat had a coating effect on the stomach that was beneficial in cutting the acidity of the coffee as well slowing and smoothing the effect. It only takes a tiny amount, but only real milk fat will do it.

An older guy I worked with used to take a couple drinks of a bottled Coke to make some room and then pour in a bunch of peanuts. Apparently, it was some old school farmers "hack" so they could eat and drink at the same time, while still being able to keep one hand on the wheel of their tractor.

I am an older guy and this was not uncommon before cans replaced bottles. I never heard a rationale like what you described, but it makes sense. We did it where vending machines dispensed bottled Cokes and small plastic envelopes of peanuts in the same area.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version