Author Topic: [GB] R9 Zilents/Tealios/Zealios/Zeal Stabilizers/Zealencios  (Read 20234 times)

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
Re: [GB] R9 Zilents/Tealios/Zealios/Zeal Stabilizers/Zealencios
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 17:43:54 »
@ZealPC

Will the R9 stabilizers be shipped prior to the R10 stabilizers or will they be shipped at the same time?

R9 stabilizer extra shipment will be coming in first, well before R10 GB happens.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 11:47:14 »
Wow, built my Exent with 67g Zilents. I have to say this is my new jam.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 14:15:07 »
Wow, built my Exent with 67g Zilents. I have to say this is my new jam.

Did you lube the switches? If so, what did you use?

Offline Data

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 07:03:18 »
Zeal - I may need to buffer my screw-in stabilizers with an insulating washer on a particular board due to poor PCB design.  Are there any you recommend?  What size should I be looking for?

Loving the Zilents by the way.  They're even better than I expected.  Definitely my new favorite switch.  Well done!

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 11:32:32 »
Zeal - I may need to buffer my screw-in stabilizers with an insulating washer on a particular board due to poor PCB design.  Are there any you recommend?  What size should I be looking for?

Loving the Zilents by the way.  They're even better than I expected.  Definitely my new favorite switch.  Well done!

Howdy- I use these fiber washers and they work quite well. They are $.50 at Home Depot (if you're in the US) so I usually grab a pack or three when I'm in getting something there.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-2-x-0-032-in-Black-Fiber-Washer-4-Piece-807858/204276413

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 11:56:00 »

Howdy- I use these fiber washers and they work quite well. They are $.50 at Home Depot (if you're in the US) so I usually grab a pack or three when I'm in getting something there.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-2-x-0-032-in-Black-Fiber-Washer-4-Piece-807858/204276413

https://www.amazon.com/M3x8x0-5mm-Steel-Insulation-Washer-Gasket/dp/B077PHJDXF/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1521651274&sr=8-2&keywords=paper+insulation+washer

these also work well, not sure which size tho

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 12:22:34 »

https://www.amazon.com/M3x8x0-5mm-Steel-Insulation-Washer-Gasket/dp/B077PHJDXF/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1521651274&sr=8-2&keywords=paper+insulation+washer

m2
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Atredl

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 15:34:01 »

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ARADX88/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Buy this pack and you'll be set for a while. I've been using them on all screw in stabs.

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 21:30:13 »
I wonder if they make clear-ish nylon washers that are thin enough to work.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Data

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 12:17:25 »
Awesome suggestions.  Thanks dudes.   :thumb:

McMaster has these nylon washers at only 0.5mm thickness that I think would work.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#90940a411/  Edit: Polycarb, not nylon.

But I may not need them.  Spamray is sending me a few nylon screws to use with my stabs.  :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 March 2018, 12:22:07 by Data »

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 12:50:23 »
Awesome suggestions.  Thanks dudes.   :thumb:

McMaster has these nylon washers at only 0.5mm thickness that I think would work.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#90940a411/  Edit: Polycarb, not nylon.

But I may not need them.  Spamray is sending me a few nylon screws to use with my stabs.  :D

Nice find! 

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 14:11:37 »
I don’t know if this is appropriate to put this suggestion here, Zeal, but I love the Zeal60 with its in switch rgb. What I think would be cool in future versions would be if there was an option for an arrow cluster on the bottom right similar to this pic of my BananaSplit. Not sure how feasible it would be to rework the pcb, but some of us gotta have our arrows. ;)

Offline whistle47

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 02:11:49 »
Do zilents silence both the upstroke and downstroke even when the switches are mounted north-facing (upside down)? I know with the silencing clips you lose the downstroke silencing (or maybe upstroke - been a while since I tested) if the switches are flipped. I can't actually figure out how the zilents work so it's hard to guess.

Offline ayamterbang

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 03:11:46 »
Do zilents silence both the upstroke and downstroke even when the switches are mounted north-facing (upside down)? I know with the silencing clips you lose the downstroke silencing (or maybe upstroke - been a while since I tested) if the switches are flipped. I can't actually figure out how the zilents work so it's hard to guess.
You may judge by the sliders design. It should be down and up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 21:34:03 »
I don’t know if this is appropriate to put this suggestion here, Zeal, but I love the Zeal60 with its in switch rgb. What I think would be cool in future versions would be if there was an option for an arrow cluster on the bottom right similar to this pic of my BananaSplit. Not sure how feasible it would be to rework the pcb, but some of us gotta have our arrows. ;)

Show Image

There are limited layouts with what you can do with RGB LED PCBs. 2pin single colour LEDs are much more flexible with multiple layouts as the footprint is a lot smaller, and the LEDs can share a pad. RGB LEDs on the other hand are wider and if we tried to support 1u arrows on bottom, the light would be off center. That's why we have the Zephyr 65% for arrow key users. ;)

Zilents silence both upstroke and downstroke regardless of orientation or keycaps used.

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 21:39:51 »
I’m still waiting on Zeal to release a 75% or 80% kit.

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 08:30:35 »

Would using these fiber washers have the same effect as the band-aid mod ?

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 11:21:54 »

Show Image

There are limited layouts with what you can do with RGB LED PCBs. 2pin single colour LEDs are much more flexible with multiple layouts as the footprint is a lot smaller, and the LEDs can share a pad. RGB LEDs on the other hand are wider and if we tried to support 1u arrows on bottom, the light would be off center. That's why we have the Zephyr 65% for arrow key users. ;)

I can dream, can't I?  :p

Offline makhuyatz

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 25 March 2018, 10:39:46 »
are the switches shown on the zilents picture link the 78g? or is it the 67g key switches?
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 March 2018, 10:54:03 by makhuyatz »

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 25 March 2018, 14:32:55 »
are the switches shown on the zilents picture link the 78g? or is it the 67g key switches?

Zilents on the watch are 67g. For the ring it's 62/67g.

Offline makhuyatz

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 25 March 2018, 16:14:17 »

oh i see... i was watching the review of top clack on the zilents and the colors of 67g and 78g are a bit different. more pale than what is posted here.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 11:58:18 »

oh i see... i was watching the review of top clack on the zilents and the colors of 67g and 78g are a bit different. more pale than what is posted here.

Those were early prototypes and the colour was changed for the final production Zilents.