Author Topic: Steelseries 6G/2 or 7G spacebar  (Read 5055 times)

Offline 2084

Steelseries 6G/2 or 7G spacebar
« on: Fri, 05 November 2010, 14:43:38 »
Hello,

I had a Steelseries 7G some months ago, but I had to return it due to a problem with the spacebar. There was one switch in the long spacebar with two white stabilizers.

After a while the two stabilizers refused to jump up anymore (or they didn't to begin with, I haven't opened it when I bought it)

In the beginning it was ok, but after a while it only registered when I hit the bar dead center.
Since im lefthanded (right hand on wasd while gaming) I hit the space bar close to the left edge, almost lifting the spacebar up on the right side and not  even registering a click...

Now I wanna know if newer versions of the 7G or even the 6Gv2 have more enduring stabilizers or if anyone can find picture of a removed spacebar.

And I'd like to have the same information on Filcos Majestouch as well if possible.

Thanks in advance

Offline MyNameIsDan

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 05 November 2010, 14:56:39 »
while im too much of a wuss to risk breaking my stabilizers on my filco to remove it, I can assure you that you can press it without worries on the left most edge and it will register it. (on filco browns)

The force needed to actuate the space bar almost feels uniform on any location of the key.
Current Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 104 Browns (FKBN104M/EB)

Current Mice: Steelseries Xai (1400cc//800cc) on Steelseries 9HD.

Anyone want to donate me a keycap remover? <3

Offline celery

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 05 November 2010, 16:28:18 »
Never looked at the stabilizers on a Steelseries, but in general, they don't jump up automatically. Sounds like the stabilizer was attaching too loosely to the spacebar on the right. I imagine it was just a problem with that particular keyboard; I remember trying some Steelseries on display and they didn't have any stabilizer issues.

Offline 2084

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 05 November 2010, 16:37:27 »
Ok maybe I had a faulty device.. I think I'm going to try the 6G/2 since I don't really need the audio/usb plugs of a 7G and the Filco is twice the price of a 6G/2. Atleast in Europe

Offline 2084

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 05 November 2010, 18:44:11 »
Thanks for the pictures ripster!
After reading almost every thread tonight, I'm probably going to import a Filco tenkeyless with brown switches.

hooray for 48$ shipping + possible toll fees