Author Topic: Cherry tenkeyless with numlock for virtual numpad?  (Read 2033 times)

Offline toastyken

Cherry tenkeyless with numlock for virtual numpad?
« on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 21:29:42 »
I'm looking for a Cherry MX Brown compact keyboard, tenkeyless or maybe even smaller (though I'd want F-keys), that has a numlock for virtual numpad (over 789, UIO, JKL, etc).  Surprisingly difficult to find!

So far, I've seen:
Realforce 87U (Topre switches, expensive)
Noppoo Choc Mini (no longer sold with Cherry MX switches, only available with house brand or Gateron switches)

I've seen some mentioned in old threads that meet my criteria, but they are discontinued:
Keycool 84
Ducky DK1087

Are there any tenkeyless or smaller keyboards being sold today with Cherry MX switches that have virtual numlock functionality?

I know another option is to get what I got my wife: a Leopold FC980M, which has numpad but saves space with the nav keys.

One more thing I've looked into is a pure software solution. On Mac, Karabiner has a virtual numpad function you can enable (though it's not compatible with Sierra yet).  But I'd like to use this on Linux, and I experimented with xbindkeys, xdotool, xvkbd, AutoKeys to no avail.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. I'm really surprised I can't find any!

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
Re: Cherry tenkeyless with numlock for virtual numpad?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 05:00:41 »
Off the top of my head.
Filco MJ2 TKL with third party controller.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
Re: Cherry tenkeyless with numlock for virtual numpad?
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 19:16:53 »
Off the top of my head.
Filco MJ2 TKL with third party controller.
Or you can get CM Storm QuickFire Rapid, with Forsty Flake controller from the same link. Cheaper than Filco.
TMK Alps64 w/ Matias Quiet Switches in KBP V60 case.
Infinity60 with SKCM Orange Switches w/ TMK.
CM Storm QRF w/ Frosty Flake controller, Cherry MX Blue Switches and TMK firmware.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.