Author Topic: Easy AVR Keymap - Works great but...  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Francisco

Easy AVR Keymap - Works great but...
« on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 19:52:07 »
Newbie here... I just can't figure out how the "With mods" check boxes work. []Shift []Ctrl []Alt []Win
Suppose I want to make Ctrl-P execute PrintScreen - what's the procedure to set that up?

I found HID_KEYBOARD_SC_PRINT_SCREEN in the drop down box, but it seems to over-write the letter P if I try to assign it.
The check boxes don't seem to interact with the onscreen KB layout if I toggle the Ctrl check box.

I'm not sure how it's supposed to work - can somebody enlighten me?

Much thanks!
Francisco

Offline sony

• Formerly ultraidiot
Re: Easy AVR Keymap - Works great but...
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 11:01:08 »
I think with mods means that when you press the key it will do it with mods. So when you have a key, say "a", assigned with mod shift, when that key is pressed, it will return a capital A. As for the print screen bit, your best option would be to use a function layer, I don't believe you can rebind control P.

Offline Tactile

Re: Easy AVR Keymap - Works great but...
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 12:29:55 »
Newbie here... I just can't figure out how the "With mods" check boxes work. []Shift []Ctrl []Alt []Win
Suppose I want to make Ctrl-P execute PrintScreen - what's the procedure to set that up?

I found HID_KEYBOARD_SC_PRINT_SCREEN in the drop down box, but it seems to over-write the letter P if I try to assign it.
The check boxes don't seem to interact with the onscreen KB layout if I toggle the Ctrl check box.

I'm not sure how it's supposed to work - can somebody enlighten me?

Much thanks!
Francisco

The people who know the answer are far more likely to see your question if you put it in this thread...

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51252.0
REΛLFORCE