Author Topic: [GB] SpaccBoard - 60% Space Invaders PCB | EXTRAS GB Feb.25 - Mar.07 - Live now!  (Read 16579 times)

Offline Gvalch_ca

Hi Geekhack folks!
Gvalch'ca and Jugizafupe here.

11/03/22 update: everything is ordered.
With the help of andj00 from KeebMeUp.com, we madaged to successfully collect money from all the GB participants and order PCBs and plates. Thank you, Andrew!
The goods to be delivered to me within 1 month.

07/03/22 update: Extras GB is closed.
More
07/03/22 evening update: the solution was found. Andrew from KeebMeUp agreed to receive the payments for me. PM'd everyone about it.
There are 2 news: the good and the bad.
  • Good one:
I already ordered almost all the stuff, it is being produced and delivered from China to me right now.
Despite difficult political situation, I will be able to ship everything. In case direct shipping from me to US or Europe will become impossible, I will use my proxies in Finland, Vietnam, India, or China, and cover additional shipping expenses out of my own pocket.
  • Bad one:
Yesterday PayPal stopped working for Russian accouts. I am a sitizen of Russia and I have only the russian passport and russian bank accounts, so I can not register a new PayPal account in different country.
Several people (6) weren't able to pay through PayPal, but they still want to purchase their SpaccBoards.
Instead of using some shady/not-so-trusted payment methods, I decided to ask US vendor KeebMeUp for help. We are discussing this situation with him right now, and I hope everyone will be able to pay through his storefront or PayPal. Please, wait for our decition and thank you for your support and patience.

The GB is 100% shipped. It's extras time!
In last few weeks, many people reached me via PMs asking for SpaccBoard extras. I counted the interest and came to a conclution that we have too little extras in-stock to satisfy their demand. Not talking about many people who want SpaccBoard but didn't PM me!
Because of that, we decided to launch a small and fast GB instead of selling extras in-stock. We did a bunch of optimization on our production&fulfillment pipeline to keep this GB simple, and, more importantly, fast. We plan to ship everything out in less than 2 months (compared to 3 months lead time on the December GB).
To be super clear with that, here are pros and cons of our decition.
Pros:
  • Everyone gets a SpaccBoard. No deficit, no FCFS, no raffles.
  • Price is kept on the same level as the main GB. 40$ for the PCB, 15$ for FR4 plate, 40$ for CF plate.
Cons:
  • Lead time is bigger than with in-stock sale. 1.5-2 months, to be accurate.
We believe this decition is the very best we can do for our customers.
Extras GB: Feb. 25 - March 07 - LIVE NOW!
So, here we go. To remind you about what SpaccBoard is, here is an IC post with additional details.

Items on extras GB:
  • SpaccBoard PCB - 40$.
  • FR4 traymount plate - 15$.
    There are two layouts:
    - BAE (Big Ass Enter, split backspace, full LShift. Fits NMB RT-101 keycaps)
    - ISO (ISO Enter, split or full backspace, split or full LShift. Fits NMB RT-102 - so-called AT keyboard from German GB - keycaps)
    The color is random. You will get either Red, Black, or new SECRET color.
  • CF plate - 40$.
    Each CF plate is designed and manufactured on your request. You can choose any layout you want, and, moreover, any mounting style you want. Just PM me with your request and I'll draw a plate for you.

Extras GB details:
  • GB dates: Febrary 25 - March 07, 2022.
  • GB lead time: 1.5-2 months.
  • Price: 40 USD per PCB, 15 USD per FR4 plate, 40 USD per CF plate.
  • Registration method: Google form.
  • Payment method: PayPal invoice.
  • Shipping payment: charged separately, right before the shipping. Price is around 10$ for 1 PCB + plate, around 15$ for 2 PCBs + plates.

16.02.2022 - IMPORTANT UPDATE
More
The shipping has started. The procedure is as follows:
1) I PM you for the shipping details (address, ZIP/index, name, phone). If you left me your discord - you'll receive message there. If not - then on geekhack/reddit.
2) You reply me with all needed data
3) I calculate the shipping cost for you and invoice you for the shipping via paypal
4) You pay, I send the order
If you want to get your SpaccBoard fast, please, reply and pay fast.

Quick summary about SpaccBoard
  • Compatibility. Universal 60% PCB. Fits in most 60% cases (TOFU, Klippe T, Fjell, Bakeneko, Salvation...) and in some 60% keyboards (HEX.3C, Prophet, Thermal, S58m, etc.) Supports ai03's Unified Daughterboard.
  • Programmability. QMK & VIA supported. Already merged into QMK and VIA masters. Preflashed with VIA firmware.
  • Appearance. SpaccBoard has nice silkscreen and awesome routing (with filleted traces!). Check photos.
  • Layouts. Wide layouts support. Fits BAE, ANSI and ISO, as well as stepped mods from NMB RT101+. Check this:
More
  • Assembly. All SpaccBoards come pre-assembled. All you need to solder is switches. Moreover, each PCB is flashed with VIA and manually tested by me.
  • Price. 40 USD.

Below is December 2021 GB info. Kept only for archieve reasons. Plz don't read.

SpaccBoard plates
Space Invaders require a plate with special, unique cutouts. We offer 2 plate types on this GB:

1. FR4, 1.2 mm, for standard traymount or Unikorn-style mount - 15 USD
These are available in 2 layouts:
  • BAE. Big Ass Enter, split backspace, full left shift
  • ISO. ISO enter, split or full backspace, split or full left shift
And in 2 colors:
  • Black
  • Red

2. Carbon fiber (CF), 1.2 mm, any layout and mounting style you want - 40 USD
To have your CF plate made, please PM me with details about your preferred layout and mount. If the mount is not standard traymount, you'll be asked to provide the original plate drawing.

If you don't want to order the plates on this GB, you can make them yourself. All source files are published on my GitHub.

GB details
  • GB dates: December 1 - December 15, 2021.
  • GB lead time: 2-3 months.
  • Shipping payment: charged separately, right before the shipping. According on the recent GA15.0 GB (was shipped 3 weeks ago), the shipping costs will be 7 - 18 USD depending on your order weight and on your location.

Thank you for reading this post.
Gvalch'ca & Jugizafupe
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 March 2022, 02:18:06 by Gvalch_ca »
Lead Keyboard Cringeneer.
Alps and Space Invaders enthusiast.

Offline Gvalch_ca

Re: [GB] SpaccBoard - a 60% Space Invaders PCB | Waiting for the PCBs delivery
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 13 January 2022, 07:33:54 »
13.01.2021 update

FR4 plates, as well as some PCBs, were received. Plates are working fine. Visual aesthetics are on spot too: there aren't any major scratches or mask color variations. All plates are A-stock.

Offline herbologist

• beige enjoyer. send help.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 13 January 2022, 09:08:06 »
Nice dude! I will be copping one to have along side my GA15.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline kw88

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 13 January 2022, 11:23:25 »
ne xtras avail

Offline Gvalch_ca

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 19 January 2022, 05:06:22 »
19.01.2022 update

Received the rest of the PCBs.
Soldered one, it is working fine.

Soldering phase starts soon. Hope to finish it is two weeks.

281327-0

Offline stewfayew

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 12:44:19 »
19.01.2022 update

Received the rest of the PCBs.
Soldered one, it is working fine.

Soldering phase starts soon. Hope to finish it is two weeks.

godspeed o7

Offline Gvalch_ca

03.02.2022 update

Well, I said that soldering will be finished in two weeks. That's not true. I soldered ~20% of the PCBs by now. But I will speed up.

Also here are the CF plates. They are nice as always, very good quality. If you chose carbon fiber plate, you won't be disappointed

281969-0

Offline Gvalch_ca

Re: [GB] SpaccBoard - 60% Space Invaders PCB | Shipping now!
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 06:55:54 »
SHIPPING HAS STARTED!!!
1) I PM you for the shipping details (address, ZIP/index, name, phone). If you left me your discord - you'll receive message there. If not - then on geekhack/reddit.
3) I calculate the shipping cost for you and invoice you for the shipping via paypal

Offline leetuser

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 07:59:08 »
SHIPPING HAS STARTED!!!

Is it still possible to get one? I sent you a msg on discord and didn't hear anything back yet.

Offline Gvalch_ca

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 21 February 2022, 10:33:14 »
Extras will be sold after 100% GB orders are shipped. Which hopefully will happen by the end of the week.

SHIPPING HAS STARTED!!!

Is it still possible to get one? I sent you a msg on discord and didn't hear anything back yet.

Offline Gvalch_ca

Re: [GB] SpaccBoard - 60% Space Invaders PCB | 40% shipped
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 22 February 2022, 13:51:10 »
Shipped a huge bunch of orders today. Around 40% of total count. Will continue on 24.02, because 23.02 is a national holiday and the post office doesn't work.
If you didn't pay for the shipping yet (there are 5 people who didn't by now) - please hurry up. I really want to ship everything by the end of the week.

Offline Gvalch_ca

Re: [GB] SpaccBoard - 60% Space Invaders PCB | EXTRAS GB Feb.25 - Mar.07
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 24 February 2022, 09:04:52 »
GB is 100% shipped! All tracking numbers are added to paypal. If you don't see your tracking number, please, PM me.

Offline Gvalch_ca

Re: [GB] SpaccBoard - 60% Space Invaders PCB | EXTRAS GB Feb.25 - Mar.07
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 24 February 2022, 09:06:52 »
Extras GB: Feb. 25 - March 07
For several reasons, we decided to launch a new, quick (1.5-2 months) GB instead of selling extras in-stock. More details in the main post.
To remind you about what SpaccBoard is, here is an IC post with additional details.

Items on extras GB:
  • SpaccBoard PCB - 40$.
  • FR4 traymount plate - 15$.
    There are two layouts:
    - BAE (Big Ass Enter, split backspace, full LShift. Fits NMB RT-101 keycaps)
    - ISO (ISO Enter, split or full backspace, split or full LShift. Fits NMB RT-102 - so-called AT keyboard from German GB - keycaps)
    The color is random. You will get either Red, Black, or new SECRET color.
  • CF plate - 40$.
    Each CF plate is designed and manufactured on your request. You can choose any layout you want, and, moreover, any mounting style you want. Just PM me with your request and I'll draw a plate for you.

Extras GB details:
  • GB dates: Febrary 25 - March 07, 2022.
  • GB lead time: 1.5-2 months.
  • Shipping payment: charged separately, right before the shipping. Price is around 10$ for 1 PCB + plate, around 15$ for 2 PCBs + plates.

Offline Gvalch_ca

Extras GB form is up: https://forms.gle/PYeiweQHXgZk8Ea88
Don't miss your chance to get a SpaccBoard.

Offline Gvalch_ca

Update:
Extras GB is going nice. I already ordered some PCBs.

GB will last until 7th March. Feel free to register: https://forms.gle/PYeiweQHXgZk8Ea88

Offline Gvalch_ca

07/03/22 update: Extras GB is closed.
There are 2 news: the good and the bad.
  • Good one:
I already ordered almost all the stuff, it is being produced and delivered from China to me right now.
Despite difficult political situation, I will be able to ship everything. In case direct shipping from me to US or Europe will become impossible, I will use my proxies in Finland, Vietnam, India, or China, and cover additional shipping expenses out of my own pocket.
  • Bad one:
Yesterday PayPal stopped working for Russian accouts. I am a sitizen of Russia and I have only the russian passport and russian bank accounts, so I can not register a new PayPal account in different country.
Several people (6) weren't able to pay through PayPal, but they still want to purchase their SpaccBoards.
Instead of using some shady/not-so-trusted payment methods, I decided to ask US vendor KeebMeUp for help. We are discussing this situation with him right now, and I hope everyone will be able to pay through his storefront or PayPal. Please, wait for our decition and thank you for your support and patience.

Offline Gvalch_ca

07/03/22 evening update: the solution was found. Andrew from KeebMeUp agreed to receive the payments for me. PM'd everyone about it.

Offline Gvalch_ca

11/03/22 update: everything is ordered.
With the help of andj00 from KeebMeUp.com, we madaged to successfully collect money from all the GB participants and order PCBs and plates. Thank you, Andrew!
The goods to be delivered to me within 1 month.

Offline stewfayew

Does anyone know if the postal system in Russia is shipping to US? My shipment has been there since Feb. 24

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
RIP I missed both the GB and the extras. If anyone wants to sell one, DM me, I will be happy to overpay.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline heavyheaded

My order arrived today after being in transit for 2 months.

Offline stewfayew

Does anyone know if the postal system in Russia is shipping to US? My shipment has been there since Feb. 24

Mine arrived as well :)

Offline leetuser

How do you guys know about shipments? Was tracking provided? I am in the US, but have not heard anything yet.

Offline Gvalch_ca

How do you guys know about shipments? Was tracking provided? I am in the US, but have not heard anything yet.

You bought your pcb on extras GB (in march). Orders from that GB are not shipped yet.

Offline herfalerf

Hi are there any updates on the extras?

Offline pohpoh

Any updates? Tried reaching out to the gb runner on discord but no reply.

Offline scrubbiecris

Has anyone heard any updates for the extras? I saw that there was an issue with JLC in june but its been almost 6 months since

i also dm'd on discord with no reply, but i definitely have seen them active in other discord servers including doing a small run of spaccboard tkl pcbs in the past couple months...

Offline leetuser

I msged Gvalch'ca on January 1st on discord and he's never been on since then as far as I have seen.

Fearing something tragic might have happened to him, I decided to do some digging. I went back to my paypal transaction and located his name and email. His name is Кирилл Шкурецкий in Russian which translates to Kirill Shkuretsky. With this info I found his vk.com account https://vk.com/gvalchcasciops - he has been posting (about keyboards) as recently as Jan 21st 2023.

I'd welcome an explanation for the radio silence.

Offline bobgr8

anyone built this in a bakeneko60?