geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Poisson | TKL | First Prototype is in!

(1/16) > >>

elvenmonster:
The Poisson is a top mounted TKL with options for a 'regular' top mount, as well as alternate 'leaf spring' mounting points. This is intended to allow the user some tunability in terms of flex and sound across the board. It features a low typing angle, a very low front height, as well as a low USB port for minimal stress on the cable.

Prototype:

More

Renders:

Keyboard Assembly and Plate:

PCB:
H87-c compatible with a breakout LED daughterboard. However, the included PCB will employ some clever packaging solutions. Stay tuned!

Aesthetically, it is a 'classic' design with thin side bezels, and larger top and bottom bezels. The area above the arrow cluster is used for an LED cutout in Morse code.

Structurally, the case (without the plate, PCBs, and fasteners) is a seven part design; featuring two internal brass weights and one external/through brass weight. The final materials of the numerous components are still TBD.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: This is an extremely early stage IC, I wrote it because I was bored. Therefore, it will be heavily updated as and when I have more information to share. Prototype has been ordered, and I should have pictures before end of month is here and looks great. I do not have a price estimate yet, neither any vendors. Please follow my discord for more updates!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inspirations: Matrix Lab's number series TKLs, Baionlenja's Bias TKL.

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/4hXshyhfCn (I sincerely hope this link works. I suck at everything discord)

gilbert:
excited for this!!

wunderninja:
sick plate! glwic

ankit:
 :thumb: :p GLWIC elven

elvenmonster:
UPDATES:

Nov 19, 2022: Updated IC with renders
Dec 03, 2022: Updated IC with prototype pictures

Navigation

[0] Message Index