Author Topic: Looking For CM STORM QuickFire TK Keycap Set  (Read 13689 times)

Offline Gunni

Looking For CM STORM QuickFire TK Keycap Set
« on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 17:21:22 »
Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for a nice colour scheme keycap set for my CM STORM QuickFire TK, what do you recommend? I just want a cool colour scheme, where the shift, tab, caps lock and other selected keys are one colour, then the rest of the keyboard is another colour (not exactly sure what it's called), like this:

They need to ship to Australia.

Thanks!  :)
CM Storm Quickfire TK w/ Browns HHKB Pro 2

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
Re: Looking For CM STORM QuickFire TK Keycap Set
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 17:23:12 »
Doesn't the tk have a 6.5 spacebar?

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 17:42:13 »
These are the only 2 sets that will fit a QFTK

http://www.maxkeyboard.com/max-universal-black-translucent-mechanical-keyboard-keycap-set.html

http://www.maxkeyboard.com/max-universal-black-translucent-mechanical-keyboard-keycap-set-top-print.html

This is due to the 6.5x spacebar.

If you want to buy a custom set like you mentioned, you can get everything except the spacebar, you would need a base set, a tsangan set, and a numpad set, due to the funky bottom row and numberpad

Offline coffeeman

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 04:26:48 »
Hello, I cant help out directly with your question but id like to ask if your interested in selling the original Keycap set.

During a move i am missing 6 key caps from the original CM storm. Wondering if you wanted to sell them?

Offline shadowness

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 20:56:01 »
if you are interested in the max keycap set they are having a group buy on massdrop now....

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/max-keyboard-keycap-set

definitely cheaper than buying on their site directly

Offline Pac Caps

• Its almost a pallindrome
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 22:06:12 »
if you are interested in the max keycap set they are having a group buy on massdrop now....

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/max-keyboard-keycap-set

definitely cheaper than buying on their site directly

Do you know if they have 7x spacebars?
Want to be a cap maker

Offline shadowness

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 23:13:46 »
according to this http://www.maxkeyboard.com/max-universal-black-translucent-mechanical-keyboard-keycap-set.html

they only have 6,   6.25,  and 6.50   included in that universal set

Offline wrwhoami

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 04:55:19 »
I cannot see the picture Why?  :eek:

Offline Gunni

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 23:01:51 »
Hello Everyone!

I thought I'd just reply to this old thread that I made rather than create a new one.

So yes, I'd like to customize all the keys on my CM STORM QuickFire TK.

I was thinking of going for a black and white theme, similar to this:

or this:

I understand that the spacebar is practically impossible to find a custom key for? (Although that first image does look like it uses a custom spacebar. But yeah, what do you think would be the best way to go about customising my board in black and white? Also, since I haven't been on these forums in ages. What are the main two different types of keys again? I've basically forgotten all my prior knowledge about keyboards and keycaps. I'd also probably want top or side printed keys. I mean, I can type without looking...but still. For some reason it seems like I'd need them printed, maybe I could get used to it though. What do you guys think?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 October 2014, 23:06:16 by Gunni »

Offline Gunni

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 22:27:51 »
No one?  :-[

I found this thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45672.0 but I looked through and I wasn't sure exactly what to get or which are the most reputable stores.

Any help would be appreciated :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 October 2014, 22:36:02 by Gunni »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 23:23:27 »
And the set you're thinking of is Miami
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Gunni

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 23:55:10 »
The pink and the blue? I don't actually want that set, that was just an example

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 23:59:32 »
The pink and the blue? I don't actually want that set, that was just an example
ah, whoops
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline julayyy

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 00:04:57 »
I like the whole black and white scheme that you picked out.  I have a cm storm quickfire tk too and I recently bought some new keycaps for this keyboard and like everyone said, you're going to have a problem with the bottom rows. 

The two different types of keys are ABS and PBT.  I think that's what you're asking about? For ABS, it's somewhat like a cheap plastic and I do believe that the current keycaps on the TK is actually made out of ABS with some UV coating.  I hated it so I opted for some PBT since it seems that everyone on this forum like it more than ABS.  I decided to get some white PBT keycaps from geekkeys for $19 + shipping so it ended up being $23? I just wanted something cheap in case I didn't like the PBT.  However, once I got my keycaps, I fell in love with the PBT.  There are some texture on top of the keys so it feels grippy compare to the stock keys on the TK.  The keys on the TK were so slippery and gross that I knew I had to change it. 

Also, for your comment about having it printed on the top or side, I understand how you feel.  Even though I can type without looking, I think the letters on the keys make the keyboard look prettier than having blanks on them?

Anyway, here's a photo of what my keyboard currently looks like

Don't know if i should switch my modifier back to the stock keys to have a black and white theme to match the mismatch keys.

And this is the link where I bought my keys. http://www.geekkeys.com/top-printed-pbt-104-keyset/
 I think they have side printed keys as well.
QuickfireTK MX Reds         v60 mini MX Clears

Offline Gunni

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 00:10:59 »
I like the whole black and white scheme that you picked out.  I have a cm storm quickfire tk too and I recently bought some new keycaps for this keyboard and like everyone said, you're going to have a problem with the bottom rows. 

The two different types of keys are ABS and PBT.  I think that's what you're asking about? For ABS, it's somewhat like a cheap plastic and I do believe that the current keycaps on the TK is actually made out of ABS with some UV coating.  I hated it so I opted for some PBT since it seems that everyone on this forum like it more than ABS.  I decided to get some white PBT keycaps from geekkeys for $19 + shipping so it ended up being $23? I just wanted something cheap in case I didn't like the PBT.  However, once I got my keycaps, I fell in love with the PBT.  There are some texture on top of the keys so it feels grippy compare to the stock keys on the TK.  The keys on the TK were so slippery and gross that I knew I had to change it. 

Also, for your comment about having it printed on the top or side, I understand how you feel.  Even though I can type without looking, I think the letters on the keys make the keyboard look prettier than having blanks on them?

Anyway, here's a photo of what my keyboard currently looks like
Show Image

Don't know if i should switch my modifier back to the stock keys to have a black and white theme to match the mismatch keys.

And this is the link where I bought my keys. http://www.geekkeys.com/top-printed-pbt-104-keyset/
 I think they have side printed keys as well.

Okay thanks! Yeah I might get the side printed white keys. Not sure what to do about the keys in the bottom row. The spacebar is a 6.5 or something, and I don't think they make them custom? (At least not in white that I've seen). Your board looks good, similar theme to what I'm after :)

Offline julayyy

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 00:29:09 »
For the spacebar, I know that sometimes on PimpMyKeyboard.com have groupbuys from time to time and there are many different kit you can buy.  The last one "PuLSE" had separate spacebar that you can buy so now I'm just waiting for the right color to come out? the bottom keys, they have tsangan kits for that or you can buy individual 1u keys?
QuickfireTK MX Reds         v60 mini MX Clears