Author Topic: [IC] JTK Cyberkeycapset  (Read 28865 times)

Offline BeachFan69

[IC] JTK Cyberkeycapset
« on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:41:45 »

Hello Geekhackers and cyberpunk fans! Yesterday i saw a post on r/mk with the cyberpunk pantone color and instantly got inspired to create a futuristic keycap set that will match all of yours cyberpunk merch and peripherals!

ABOUT: The set is inspired by the futuristic dystopian world of cyberpunk, sadly I have not been able to to play the game because I have a gtx 1050 and the game does not run well on my computer but I have seen trailer and gameplay videos and think it looks very cool !

So I present to you cyberkeycapset !

It uses cyberpunk colors.

better kitting and renders soon !

Please let me know what do you think in the comments below !
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2020, 07:04:35 by iamtootallforthis »

Offline of_sam

Re: [IC] JTK Cyberkeycapset
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:42:15 »
No. God no.
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline Deadlcck

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:42:40 »
Yikes

Offline Ireojimayo

• Yo dayo
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:42:51 »
Kill me

« Last Edit: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:56:38 by Ireojimayo »

Offline dandruff

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:44:16 »
I do not think this is the best representation of Cyberpunk's colors. A tad strenuous on the eyes. Was this IC released early to claim the idea of cyberpunk?

Offline Sigil

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:44:34 »
Ow.

Offline zwartho

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:49:32 »
please delete

Offline PhantomTaco

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:50:27 »
It burns with the power of a billion suns.

Offline BeachFan69

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:50:45 »
I do not think this is the best representation of Cyberpunk's colors. A tad strenuous on the eyes. Was this IC released early to claim the idea of cyberpunk?

I used the official cyberpunk colour they posted so i think it's accurate. I've been very excited for cyberpunk and i really wanted to make a keycap set for it.

Offline ThePanduuh

• Discord @ThePanduuh#0001
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:50:50 »
Please consider removing this.
Bias BE | Polaris | Frog | Matrix 8xv2.0 Add | Iron165 SE | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | Cypher

Offline Jesus

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:53:13 »
I went to the optometrist this year, and they said my eyesight had improved since last year, after seeing this set tho its definitely gotten worse, so much to the point where I think im back to being legally blind.

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:54:11 »
Omg i Love this 😱
Since it's jtk please make this tripleshot with hirigana it would fit the theme so well!

Offline llKanull

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:55:59 »
this set is more like Cybergunk

Offline Shironome

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:56:10 »
change name to flash bang thanks

Offline Whiplash_XXIII

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:57:34 »
I know it’s the colors but I just don’t see Cyberpunk when I see this. Night Runner is far more Cyberpunk IMO maybe explore that

Offline NathanAlphaMan

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:57:47 »
This set really makes you feel like cyberpunk

Offline dandruff

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:58:13 »
Omg i Love this 😱
Since it's jtk please make this tripleshot with hirigana it would fit the theme so well!

Lad, you're almost at 200 posts! You're almost an influencer to get THE board. You can't be caught slipping like this...
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:00:55 by dandruff »

Offline mustardgreens

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:00:13 »
Omg i Love this 😱

Lad, you're almost at 200 posts! You're almost an influencer to get THE board. You can't be slipping like this...

:)) omg

Offline Rourke006

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:03:57 »
I would say that this is more of a flashbang than a representation of Cyberpunk... Just yikes.

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:12:40 »
An IC is not one render, with more than 200 posts you should know better than making this rubbish.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline tommyhongg

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:14:23 »
LMAO, pls stop. Thx!
Matrix Magic3 | Frog TKL

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:14:47 »
An IC is not one render, with more than 200 posts you should know better than making this rubbish.

he has 20 but point stands
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:15:45 »

Sorry my bad, I misread.

Offline stuey138

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:18:22 »

I mean they just spammed 20 posts out in the span of like 10 minutes today so I'm not sure we can even count that.

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:20:29 »

I mean they just spammed 20 posts out in the span of like 10 minutes today so I'm not sure we can even count that.
He wants 200 posts for you know what ;)

Offline VellFlamm

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:30:45 »

Offline Top Right Logo

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:44:11 »
You know when you see a user fill up the recents, that something magical is coming. I hope I can take a better look once my eyes adjust back!

Offline NachoMist

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:52:35 »
when were you when cyber is punk

Offline sGhost

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:00:16 »
As a member of the Keycap Designers Discord, we do not claim this.

Offline Swishy

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:01:51 »
So I normally am super supportive but one I have never ever seen this set in the server nor did you get feedback in our server. Please do not thank the server for this it does not represent the actual work people put in my server. Thank you!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:02:28 »

has a good set ever come out of that discord though
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:04:23 »

Can we congratulate puddsy for not posting cringe !

Offline bigern302

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:05:08 »
Maybe steer clear of CD Projekt IP based on history.  Also, this is an abomination to retinas everywhere.

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:05:17 »
Also as a member of the keycap designer discord, this set has never been shown in our server, and I'm in there almost daily. It would be preferred if you removed the credit from your IC until you come and speak to the designers about your set.

Offline Ram

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:07:38 »
As a KC Discord regular, I have never seen this set ever shown and ask that if you want to keep this IC up to remove crediting us from your IC, we have nothing to do with this set

Offline Swishy

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:08:02 »

GMK iceberg, GMK retrocast, GMK Norse, SA Ramses, KAM Superuser, GMK Ishtar, GMK Deku,... list goes on.

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:09:02 »
Not sure the Krelbit copypasta has ever been more relevant. OP, in all seriousness give this a read please.

I appreciate the hustle and desire to capitalize on zeitgeist while you can.

That being said, early ICs are simply not the way to go about publishing a set concept. A bad early IC is way worse than a late, fleshed out IC. ICs are all about impressions and the impression this IC leaves upon me is very poor. You're looking for positive reception as confirmation for renders? You're not going to find it with this low quality of an IC.

It's clear that you're fairly new to the community. You made a GH account to post this thread. This is a 104 key base kit. That's something you majorly flesh out before you even have colors in a lot of cases. Your colors are web colors, meaning you're oblivious to the IC process and GMK production as a whole, things you can easily find out more about by visitng the trove of old GB and IC threads, or even uniqey's website. This comes off as a cash grab from an inexperienced community member, which, to be honest, I'm not ragging on, but I'm definitely not about it. Take some time in the hobby to be part of the community. Be a little more active. Find out what works, what's good, why it works, why it's good, and talk with more types of folks to engage in that exchange. That's what it's really about. While the "i see guy make thing, i can make thing too!" mentality certainly has driven a lot of cool stuff, this is not one of those cases.

Renders went from being a nice to have in ICs to nearly a need to have. It shows you have some level of personal commitment to the set that you would even pay for mockups our of your own pocket before anything is official. To not have renders and to just show off a set of KLEs, is definitely not a good look, and the KLEs do a very poor job of showing the colors that you want to show, or maybe they do a really good job, but to me they look like blanks. I'm not trying to bog you down or take shots at an easy target, rarely anything ever deserves that. If you're truly invested in making this set happen beyond a text-post and a barely visible KLE render, you need to make a very good impression, so that vendors who see your IC will want to work with ya.

Many people will not buy into the concept if the IC is not good from the get-go. You can sell any concept to anyone as long as the beginning impressions are good enough.

If you're intent on making this happen (and this would have to be very soon, before more eyes can see this and get their first impressions, which, in their current state would result in the set being written off extremely quickly) then you can:

1. Flesh out those layouts.
2. Get some renders.
3. Pick colors that aren't web colors, it's 2020. We have resources to help design GMK sets. GMK has resources to help design GMK sets. Use google, guy.
4. Goals, MOQs, prior contact to GMK show vendors that you're willing to do work beyond "hur dur look at color now shoulder it all for me," which, even if a vendor wouldn't take you up on, they would like to see.
5. Give more of a ****. Going into a project half-assed (you could be fully on board, but this post does certainly not show that) only makes me believe in the project less. If you don't believe in your project enough to give a detailed, commited sales pitch, why should any vendor, or even why should the community believe in it? Dipping your toes into the pool is simply not an option when everyone else who's making successful sets is hopping in headfirst.

cmon guy.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:09:59 »

GMK iceberg, GMK retrocast, GMK Norse, SA Ramses, KAM Superuser, GMK Ishtar, GMK Deku,... list goes on.

no actually i think that reinforces my point but it's ok

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:13:49 »

:blank:

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:15:36 »
You just can't make this up. You literally trashed the Cyberswitch IC and then immediately posted this? Like, the irony of this is insane.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:17:14 by AllieBlairThomas »

Offline Owl

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:17:29 »
When are posts going to be vetted before visible to the public? Or is this forum just going to stay in the stone age because it's nostalgic?

Offline Shiba1337

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:31:03 »
As a KCD member, I do not endorse this set. No one has ever mentioned this set here.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2020, 14:18:51 by Shiba1337 »

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:33:15 »
not to flame, But this is extremely low effort. You took 2 stock colors and smashed them together with little to no thought, and it came out as an eyestrain of a keycap set that will get you sued faster than using NCS music on youtube.

Jesus Shiba.

Offline Shiba1337

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:37:05 »

I mean there is a reason why all of them are doing well  :p :p :p

Offline Hdjekso

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 01:05:19 »
This is where the fun begins

Offline tommyhongg

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 01:27:30 »

I recognize one out of seven keysets you listed.
Matrix Magic3 | Frog TKL

Offline Kajoler

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 01:27:46 »
>:0

Offline kk73715

• Why are you even reading
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 01:39:33 »
OP, I think it's pretty clear what people think of your set. You made the decisions to stay true to the colors from the inspiration and it was not taken very well. Perhaps spending more time thinking about kitting and colors will be beneficial.

Offline Dotnick

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 01:50:09 »

Not that I'm really defending this set or the designers discord, but did you even think about this response before posting it? This kneejerk response was reckless and just doesn't belong on Geekhack, and certainly does not improve the already fairly toxic environment in these forums. Criticize the set for what it did wrong, that's completely fair. What isn't fair is your attempt to say these sets aren't good in their own right just so that you can put down a discord server. Going through each individually, there's actually not much wrong with any of the sets mentioned and are actually great representations of good ICs and sets.

To be honest Puddsy, you have been a great influence in the past. But I think even you can agree that this comment was a load of dog**** and does nothing constructive besides boost your ego.

Offline kimchijody

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 02:16:25 »
Colors, kitting, and copypasta aside, this IC does need a lot of work. One of the biggest things I'm seeing is that even though this is planned to be a JTK set, it doesn't utilize their greatest asset: tripleshot legends. This could easily be run as any other set otherwise.

The release of the IC has clearly been lined up with the release of the game. If you're trying to capitalize on the hype of the game, on top of adding novelties and such, it should be worth considering how you will craft the set keeping IP and Copyright infringement in mind going forward.

As a general rule of thumb, it would be better to release an IC when you have everything ready to present to get accurate feedback. Posting something as superficial as this doesn't give nearly enough information as to what the set has to offer other than Cyberpunk themed.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2020, 02:22:50 by kimchijody »

Offline harlekein

« Reply #50 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 02:24:57 »
This ain't it chief.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2020, 04:39:08 by harlekein »

Offline Bitmxp

• I’ll take 12
    • Bitmap Studios
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 02:57:23 »
Stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tngpq

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 03:40:21 »
Lack of effort or what aside, am I the only one offended by the eye-burning render? It hurts my eyes, literally.

Offline commandog

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 03:41:39 »
This is spicy on the eyes. Would OP even consider buying this himself? I'm curious.

Offline ubmit

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 04:00:25 »
I think you should work on the contrast
Lyn Whale | KFE CE | Frog | Singa | Dolice | Haus | Kei | Polaris | Prophet | Bongoneko

Offline gilbert

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 04:55:49 »
my eyes burn
Collection: F1.69, G80-5K, Bliss TKL, Ecliptica, Cypher, Safa S588, Southpaw Fullsize, HHKB Pro2, Zenith G80-1192HAD

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 05:57:40 »
It hurts my eyes. *sigh* I hope that's not just the render but the final caps too.

Offline Alga

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 06:20:11 »
Looks extremely rushed to claim the idea mate.

And even if those are the official colors of Cyberpunk, that's a color cacophony. Take your time to work on it.

Offline ttom

• Formerly tvaro
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 06:22:02 »
Hoarder Collector and designer

Classifieds

Offline Bobatype

• Discord ID: BobaSweatandTears#1659
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 06:49:46 »
This was somewhat inevitable when the /r/mk post about the Cyberpunk 2077 official pantone colour got a gazillion upvotes. Combine unbridled enthusiasm with dakota felder files, and you're going to get some excited kid throwing up their concept in this dungeon of jaded neckbeards  :D

These sort of posts happen every once in a while, and I get that it's fun to just make fun of them, let's just remember there's someone on the other end who usually is new to the scene, unfamiliar with established expectations, and likely very young. So good on the people who are suggesting constructive comments.

(Also let's keep offtopic comments about the kcd server out of this thread. That server is merely an access point to resources, and this poster obviously didn't read any of the guides and merely recoloured a blend file. Just because Trump comes from the USA doesn't mean I immediately start judging all Americans are of the same ilk.)

EDIT: of course this could just be a troll post. who knows?
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2020, 18:08:24 by bobasweatandtears »

Offline ThereminGoat

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 07:44:07 »
Is it normal to be able to taste colors? I think I can literally taste these colors.

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 07:54:15 »
My suggestion is to look at any of the ICs on this site and put up the decent amount of effort to call your post and IC. If you are gonna post a render please consider the keycaps reddit group.

Offline Solutional

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 07:59:40 »
Once upon a time, there was a little boy. He was a very happy boy who spread joy to wherever and whoever came across his way. One day, however, he appeared very pessimistic, unlike his usual self. When asked, he said, "I... I saw the devil... The devil haunts me. Save me; grace my soul and rid me of this terrible disease!"
An investigation was done, which revealed that the boy was exposed to JTK Cyberkeycapset. From then on, folks told their grandchildren tales of the terrible demon that engulfed a poor boy's soul.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 08:10:04 »
Nice, hope it provides 40% MKB support

Offline VXQN

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 08:43:01 »
Didn't anyone ever tell you guys to not feed the trolls?

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 08:50:17 »
Someone...

Get the newspaper.
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 09:03:39 »
lowkey i feel like this is a memepost

why name yourself beachfan69
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline Ella

• Why is it called an oven
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 09:09:11 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 March 2021, 03:33:47 by xeon3175x »

Offline Ella

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 09:12:09 »
Not sure the Krelbit copypasta has ever been more relevant. OP, in all seriousness give this a read please.

I appreciate the hustle and desire to capitalize on zeitgeist while you can.

That being said, early ICs are simply not the way to go about publishing a set concept. A bad early IC is way worse than a late, fleshed out IC. ICs are all about impressions and the impression this IC leaves upon me is very poor. You're looking for positive reception as confirmation for renders? You're not going to find it with this low quality of an IC.

It's clear that you're fairly new to the community. You made a GH account to post this thread. This is a 104 key base kit. That's something you majorly flesh out before you even have colors in a lot of cases. Your colors are web colors, meaning you're oblivious to the IC process and GMK production as a whole, things you can easily find out more about by visitng the trove of old GB and IC threads, or even uniqey's website. This comes off as a cash grab from an inexperienced community member, which, to be honest, I'm not ragging on, but I'm definitely not about it. Take some time in the hobby to be part of the community. Be a little more active. Find out what works, what's good, why it works, why it's good, and talk with more types of folks to engage in that exchange. That's what it's really about. While the "i see guy make thing, i can make thing too!" mentality certainly has driven a lot of cool stuff, this is not one of those cases.

Renders went from being a nice to have in ICs to nearly a need to have. It shows you have some level of personal commitment to the set that you would even pay for mockups our of your own pocket before anything is official. To not have renders and to just show off a set of KLEs, is definitely not a good look, and the KLEs do a very poor job of showing the colors that you want to show, or maybe they do a really good job, but to me they look like blanks. I'm not trying to bog you down or take shots at an easy target, rarely anything ever deserves that. If you're truly invested in making this set happen beyond a text-post and a barely visible KLE render, you need to make a very good impression, so that vendors who see your IC will want to work with ya.

Many people will not buy into the concept if the IC is not good from the get-go. You can sell any concept to anyone as long as the beginning impressions are good enough.

If you're intent on making this happen (and this would have to be very soon, before more eyes can see this and get their first impressions, which, in their current state would result in the set being written off extremely quickly) then you can:

1. Flesh out those layouts.
2. Get some renders.
3. Pick colors that aren't web colors, it's 2020. We have resources to help design GMK sets. GMK has resources to help design GMK sets. Use google, guy.
4. Goals, MOQs, prior contact to GMK show vendors that you're willing to do work beyond "hur dur look at color now shoulder it all for me," which, even if a vendor wouldn't take you up on, they would like to see.
5. Give more of a ****. Going into a project half-assed (you could be fully on board, but this post does certainly not show that) only makes me believe in the project less. If you don't believe in your project enough to give a detailed, commited sales pitch, why should any vendor, or even why should the community believe in it? Dipping your toes into the pool is simply not an option when everyone else who's making successful sets is hopping in headfirst.

cmon guy.
sauce?

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Offline AdrianMan

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 09:14:16 »
God, my eyes ! :))

Offline powwu

• Discord
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 09:35:02 »
I love it. I'll take 12

Offline Skok

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 09:43:42 »

Hey man, I've been mulling over this comment for a while. I decided to put together a response on behalf of myself. Check it out.

Regards,
Skok

https://tinyurl.com/y52768tx

Offline logo4poop

• Talk to me on discord @logoooo
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 09:53:21 »
I would rather have this than most keycap sets here.
LCK75 so lit

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 09:54:57 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 December 2020, 15:53:16 by Kokaloo »

Offline Pach

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 10:17:57 »
can someone read the replies on this thread for me because i dont think my eyes work anymore

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 10:21:43 »

Hey man, I've been mulling over this comment for a while. I decided to put together a response on behalf of myself. Check it out.

Regards,
Skok

i'll admit i fell for this one

Offline Cahuib23

• Coasters & Keyboards
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 11:01:46 »
Please no

Offline noorejji

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 11:18:05 »
Love the amount of reactions to plain as day garbage this site gets. Makes me think people will create accounts and reach to get this kind of attention on purpose!
Didn't these sort of IC's use to get one reply and then die? Wonder what happened.

Offline donny_pete

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 11:24:27 »
Yikes this may not be it chiefton

Offline norb

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 12:42:56 »
everybody so mad that they don't even realize this is a complete parody of the cyberswitch ic.  :))

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 12:56:21 »
Guys, this is the spiritual successor to GMK Simpsons, where by "spiritual" I mean "exactly the same but with a different name".
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline U_Mage25

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 13:11:44 »
My eyes...

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 14:09:57 »
Perfect keyboard theft deterrent, so long Miami

Offline notquant

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 14:13:58 »
money grab hoooooly.

Offline mozaic

• [IG] Mozaic
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 15:59:50 »
You should learn how colors work, then come back and update this

Offline Atomical

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 16:08:35 »
You need to rethink those legends... Also why have the yellows be the alpha. The brightest color shouldn't take over the entire board.

Offline Pach

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 16:59:07 »
everybody so mad that they don't even realize this is a complete parody of the cyberswitch ic.  :))
is it really

is it really doe

Offline nhoz

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 17:12:39 »
This set was inspired on those people who got seizure attacks playing the game.

Offline Bantalope

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 17:48:25 »
These keycaps are about the equivalent of blank keycaps.

Given that they flashbanged me immediately upon seeing the render, you best be able to use your keyboard without seeing the legends.

Offline sirieous

• help
« Reply #89 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 00:03:40 »
This has to be a parody right..?

Offline bball2

« Reply #90 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 00:40:12 »
Your were so preoccupied with whether or not you could, you didn’t stop to think if you should.  :confused:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 00:50:11 »
This has to be a parody right..?

it is but we're enjoying it

Offline Bitmxp

• I’ll take 12
    • Bitmap Studios
« Reply #92 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 02:17:28 »

Regards,
Skok

Offline AJLond1n

• N/A
« Reply #93 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 02:46:31 »
I may not show it

But that keycap set really be giving me brain damage

Offline yh

• hyurinkb
« Reply #94 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 03:48:45 »
no please my eyes are bleeding from the pic
on an honest note, these colours are maybe too much for an entire set, try just novelties perhaps?

Offline SpinningHook

• "I can't know how to hear anymore about tables!."
« Reply #95 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 07:50:51 »
change name to flash bang thanks

Nice.

And I'm pretty certain that given the OPs response to the switch IC with the same colors, this is a joke.
"Brevity is the soul of wit."

Offline Rico

« Reply #96 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 08:10:18 »
Couldn't you have waited April 1st to post this meme IC ? :D

At least you're the first to post it, haha !

Offline Skok

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 20:44:44 »

Regards,
Skok

Show Image

Offline LordOwen

« Reply #98 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 20:53:15 »
These legends are just about unreadable and while I love the colors in general, they really, really, REALLY don't play well together here.

Offline Pach

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 21:20:35 »
I can't really see the render well can you make it brighter

Offline Kinesiologist

« Reply #100 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 21:28:33 »
nice

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 13 December 2020, 00:15:30 »
It’s so loud!!! & I like it!!!

Offline TheInverseKey

• You can run but you cannot hide!
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 13 December 2020, 00:51:20 »
This thread is going as well as the real launch.

Offline RexKorp

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 13 December 2020, 15:21:07 »
You should be jailed for violating my eyes...

Offline TheGenericAsian

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 09:02:02 »
No more interest checks, only sh*tposting

Offline Lfgberg

• Lfgberg.org
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 17:08:35 »
This is almost too good, when will you be releasing deskmat designs?

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 17:17:20 »
Desk mat in the same color to burn one's retinas completely.   Needs more colors to balance it out, right now it all blends together on the font at a quick glance and hurts one's eyes if you look directly into the picture to see the font color.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 17:24:41 »
Is it possible to be more neon!?! +1 to brighter colors!!!

Offline PrettyBoyBabe

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 18:11:01 »
I like the concept, been playing cyberpunk non-stop myself but would like it to be a little and maybe a lot less neon and bright! I Will be waiting for possible updates!

Offline Kingk22

• Naptime
« Reply #109 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 21:49:48 »
:blank:
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2020, 21:56:22 by Kingk22 »

Offline BeachFan69

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 21:51:59 »
It has been brought to our attention that the designer of GMK Nuclear Burger thinks that our colourway is too similar and we are copying their set.

This set was developed before we even knew Nuclear Burger existed and regardless, we see no similarities between the two.

Judging by the quality of the renders in that IC we also believe this is a much more mature set.

Thank you to everyone for all the kind feedback, we are excited to announce a few vendors on board for this set including DixieMech (NA), SwitchKeys (OCE) and CandyKeys (EU).

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 22:14:49 »
It has been brought to our attention that the designer of GMK Nuclear Burger thinks that our colourway is too similar and we are copying their set.

Why do I feel that both accounts are you? lol.

BeachFan69 and SimpFan89   ;)

Offline Learis

« Reply #112 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 22:57:44 »
This wouldn't have been received so badly if it had like a black background. But neon yellow background with neon yellow keycaps??? Makes me want to rub poop in my eyes.
Mend and Defend

Offline Bobatype

• Discord ID: BobaSweatandTears#1659
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 23:19:30 »

This set was developed before we even knew Nuclear Burger existed and regardless, we see no similarities between the two.

Judging by the quality of the renders in that IC we also believe this is a much more mature set.

Thank you to everyone for all the kind feedback, we are excited to announce a few vendors on board for this set including DixieMech (NA), SwitchKeys (OCE) and CandyKeys (EU).

The reference to Nuclear Burger (formerly GMK Simpsons) confirms that this is a troll post. Well played OP.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2020, 23:44:53 by bobasweatandtears »

Offline Hugs94

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 00:38:09 »
This is high levels of ironic posting that I have never thought possible.

Offline Hectrix

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 00:41:51 »
My guys just slapped the official cyber punk colour to dakota's blender file and say its cyberpunk because it uses the officially colour

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Offline Mighty_B

• In Mech I Love
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 04:08:48 »
DELETE. NOW!!!!!!  :mad:

Offline Aevyn

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 12:45:32 »
Colors might be good but dear God please don't use the same color for your caps and background. That burns my eyes.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Offline Nathan_

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 12:58:02 »
CANT WAIT TO BUY THIS

Offline ephemeral25

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 13:02:27 »
Pls someone help.............. Do something

Offline Pach

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 15:39:50 »
where is renderman???????????????

Offline Millionarc

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 07:48:26 »
please delete this

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 15:00:04 »
now this is the sort of understated, subtle design I think we can all get behind

Not that I'm really defending this set or the designers discord, but did you even think about this response before posting it? This kneejerk response was reckless and just doesn't belong on Geekhack, and certainly does not improve the already fairly toxic environment in these forums. Criticize the set for what it did wrong, that's completely fair. What isn't fair is your attempt to say these sets aren't good in their own right just so that you can put down a discord server. Going through each individually, there's actually not much wrong with any of the sets mentioned and are actually great representations of good ICs and sets.

To be honest Puddsy, you have been a great influence in the past. But I think even you can agree that this comment was a load of dog**** and does nothing constructive besides boost your ego.

it's really not that serious lol, but of all the sets to pick to prove a point.. I'd also say that a bigger problem with the environment of GH is people that join only to post ICs for keysets and contribute nothing else  :-*
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 December 2020, 16:02:23 by hwood34 »
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #123 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 15:07:07 »

I'm not sure what you wrote, but I'll make a response when my retinas recover
Hi :)

Offline _lost_

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 15:40:19 »
This color is difficult to match

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 15:49:24 »
I have to believe this is a low effort troll, which makes the genuine feedback from folks all the more enjoyable.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 17:12:02 »
:grabs popcorn:

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #127 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 00:41:12 »
What accent keys tho

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
« Reply #128 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 02:46:50 »
Will you now be removing Cyberpunk Keycapset from sale until further notice?

Offline dom

• XOXO
« Reply #129 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 03:37:08 »
Just bumping this up and grabbing 🍿

Offline fiji water

• hello
« Reply #130 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 14:24:25 »
reserved

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 17:27:09 »
POV: You just opened this IC at 12 pm

Offline SpinningHook

• "I can't know how to hear anymore about tables!."
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 19:48:32 »
Is necroing for no distinct reason the new meme meta?
"Brevity is the soul of wit."

Offline Ella

« Reply #133 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 03:39:57 »

Offline RainWaiv

« Reply #134 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 12:59:30 »
Mooooooom? Can i borrow your old glasses for the next 5 years?

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #135 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 13:01:06 »
stop bumping this

Offline MJGameSix

« Reply #136 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 06:51:45 »
GB when?  ;D

Offline MossG1

« Reply #137 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 07:08:36 »
oooh my eyes!

Offline chat and team

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 13:22:39 »
how many delays will this have? :p :p
geekhack mods constantly break tos and refuse to read
Chinese overlords won

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 17:32:48 »
in for a set.

Offline DeMechanica

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 02:31:33 »
Blaming the Keycap designer discord for this abomination is honestly one of the best trolls I have ever seen on this beautiful toxic jankfest of a website. I kind of want to get a T-shirt with that banner to wear to keyboard meetups.

Well played OP, well played

Offline blondie

« Reply #141 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 14:58:57 »
Please provide that render in a way so that I can put it in my signature.  ;D