Author Topic: [IC] ORI Harmony Artisan Nest  (Read 2965 times)

Offline BruceDinh

• Explorer | Artist | Petrolhead
    • ORI CLUB
[IC] ORI Harmony Artisan Nest
« on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 10:33:16 »
ORI Harmony Artisan Nest

Ori.club is back with another project. As the GB for the CLS-2//65 is nearing conclusion, I am excited to introduce the Harmony, an artisan keycap holder that has been in the works for a long time.

Inspirations
Artisan holders, most of the time, are meant to be the supporting cast. Something safe, reliable and tamed to make space for the artisan keycaps to shine. Not an avid artisan collector myself admittedly, I have a different agenda, which allows me to tackle this project from a unique perspective.

I wanted a showpiece. Something substantial, but still pleasing to the eye as I aspire all of my designs to be. It’d need to establish its presence, and even authority amongst the surroundings, providing a foundation for, and coexisting with your artisan keycaps collection, in perfect Harmony.

The Ori Harmony has a total of 47 slots, and there are reasons for it. It’s my personal favorite (you know the feeling when a lot of things you do finally come down to a certain number? This is it for me). It’s also my house number back in my hometown, a place always there for me to fall back to. In terms of numerology, the number 47 represents cooperation and companionship.

So, by now hopefully you’ve seen the patterns. Foundation. Coexistence. HARMONY.

I also read an explanation of the number 47 from a religious standpoint. “On the fourth day, God created the sun, the moon, and stars which are all symbols of truth in life. The creation ended on the 7th day, symbolizing that everything was perfect and nothing more needed to be added. Number 47 is, therefore, a symbol of both righteousness and perfection in life.” I can’t say I’m a man of religion, but it does sound pretty cool.

Specs and Sales Info
47 artisan slots
Anodized aluminum and sandblasted brass
~4kg (~8.8lbs)
10.2 degrees angle
GB Date: TBD
Price: TBD

Something to get out there
I am fully aware that the Harmony is not for everyone. I’m not even certain that it’ll make it to the Group Buy stage considering the kind of price tag that goes with it. It’s a hefty statement piece that requires a complex CNC process, so we’re talking about pricing equivalent to that of custom mechs here.
I know it’s an unusual, if not eccentric take on the artisan keycaps holder, My original idea involved an even steeper angle requiring much more material, but the price was too crazy to even be considered. I value all of your comments and constructive criticisms, which keep my feet on the ground and allow me to be a better maker, but on the other hand, sometimes lines need to be drawn between what can be changed and my own vision. Ultimately, I would never offer a design that I myself am not comfortable with.
Special thanks
My friends, customers, and supporters of the Ori.club who have given me so much catering and trust.
My friends at Mechlovin’ for their input and help with communicating my ideas.

Collaborations
I am honored to have colab with other makers, please pm me if you find it interesting
For quicker update and discussion
Discord: https://discord.gg/YBs3NrqEva
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ori.club/
Current stage
- Sent prototype to the factory, in queue for production.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 August 2021, 10:54:28 by BruceDinh »

Offline denibhoxha

• cock and balls technology
Re: [IC] ORI Harmony Artisan Nest
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 11:33:04 »
corner blocker artisan box lol, price tbd when the project stage says prototype done and ready for production
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 August 2021, 11:58:35 by denibhoxha »

Offline BruceDinh

• Explorer | Artist | Petrolhead
    • ORI CLUB
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 11:48:48 »
corner blocker artisan box lol, price tbd when the project stage says prototype done and ready for production, fever dream of an ic
I'm sorry if my writing has confused you.
But here it means that the technical drawing has been transferred to the unit specializing in making the prototype, and is currently being planned to process it.
Btw, the price depends a lot on the quantity (also the meaning of interest check - so I can plan this is possible)

Offline denibhoxha

• cock and balls technology
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 12:00:17 »
corner blocker artisan box lol, price tbd when the project stage says prototype done and ready for production, fever dream of an ic
I'm sorry if my writing has confused you.
But here it means that the technical drawing has been transferred to the unit specializing in making the prototype, and is currently being planned to process it.
Btw, the price depends a lot on the quantity (also the meaning of interest check - so I can plan this is possible)
It's ok, thanks for the clarification. I though you meant it was ready for final production.

Offline DeMechanica

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 02:33:49 »
God yes, this looks sick. I’m so in. Just please make sure it fits Tengus. Thanks!

Offline Wystner

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 09 August 2021, 21:35:24 »
Beautifully designed; hope this makes it into GB!