Author Topic: [GB] Mech27-TKL v1 Canadian Custom | 100% Shipped | CLOSED AND FINISHED  (Read 203916 times)

Offline HappyCatFish

Re: [GB] Mech27-TKL v1 Canadian Custom | Closed/Sorting
« Reply #700 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 14:10:57 »
I just unboxed my board!

Unfortunately there is a small ding on one of the corners of the bottom case, but nothing nearly as bad as some of the other photos. I can live with it, but I'll notice it forever. The only way to truly avoid stuff like this is to use hard foam corners, since cardboard and bubblewrap just compresses if there is any kind of impact. Also the fact that the hardware used to mount the weight does not match the weight kinda annoys me. And the fact that they aren't counter-sunk screws and holes is kinda meh imo. Just some feedback for future designs/Gbs.

Note for future buys that I (and most people I would assume) do not mind paying more for better packing materials and hardware.

At the end of the day I am happy with my purchase and I look forward to building it!

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #701 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 14:20:42 »
I just unboxed my board!

Unfortunately there is a small ding on one of the corners of the bottom case, but nothing nearly as bad as some of the other photos. I can live with it, but I'll notice it forever. The only way to truly avoid stuff like this is to use hard foam corners, since cardboard and bubblewrap just compresses if there is any kind of impact. Also the fact that the hardware used to mount the weight does not match the weight kinda annoys me. And the fact that they aren't counter-sunk screws and holes is kinda meh imo. Just some feedback for future designs/Gbs.

Note for future buys that I (and most people I would assume) do not mind paying more for better packing materials and hardware.

At the end of the day I am happy with my purchase and I look forward to building it!

Custom packaging is already in the works for R2.  And thanks for the design feedback!
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #702 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 15:02:56 »
I just received my kit just now.  Really bad gashes in the lower right corner of the bottom case piece.  The shipping box was intact and the pieces inside weren't rubbing against each other, but the bottom case piece was loose inside bubble wrap inside the box.  I'm not sure if these happened before shipping, or maybe there was a big bump during shipping. 

It's unfortunate since the case and colors look really nice overall.  27, PM'ing you now.

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline joey

« Reply #703 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 15:06:06 »
Is it possible to get pictures of our cases before shipping?

Offline HappyCatFish

« Reply #704 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 15:09:44 »
I just received my kit just now.  Really bad gashes in the lower right corner of the bottom case piece.  The shipping box was intact and the pieces inside weren't rubbing against each other, but the bottom case piece was loose inside bubble wrap inside the box.  I'm not sure if these happened before shipping, or maybe there was a big bump during shipping. 

It's unfortunate since the case and colors look really nice overall.  27, PM'ing you now.

Hm, I have a similar ding but just on the corner. Since my case is silver though it's not nearly as noticeable. @27 are you offering partial refunds or replacements (either w/ R2 or not)? I think you should make a public statement if this is the case.

Offline joey

« Reply #705 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 15:11:27 »
I'm willing to wait (assuming we can do the re-invoicing trick), until foam or whatever can be used to pack these more securely.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #706 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 15:22:35 »

Hm, I have a similar ding but just on the corner. Since my case is silver though it's not nearly as noticeable. @27 are you offering partial refunds or replacements (either w/ R2 or not)? I think you should make a public statement if this is the case.
Is it like my dent? Mech27 https://imgur.com/a/jSn41

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline HappyCatFish

« Reply #707 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 15:26:03 »

Similar to the dent on your bottom case, but right on the corner. My plate is in good shape.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #708 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 15:30:41 »

Similar to the dent on your bottom case, but right on the corner. My plate is in good shape.
Yea luckily my plate and corner aren't visible when assembled.  My top case has some scratches but hard to see on the silver.  I think foam is the way to go.  I ordered a tx board from kin and that thing could have been dropped from a building and survive the fall.

Offline Bucky

« Reply #709 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 15:31:47 »
I'm willing to wait (assuming we can do the re-invoicing trick), until foam or whatever can be used to pack these more securely.

Yea I would be willing to pitch in a few bucks to get whatever packing materials are needed (if cost is a limitation)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #710 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 15:53:18 »
Custom packaging is already in the works for R2.  And thanks for the design feedback!

Why not finish it for R1 to avoid even more damage? I'm sure everyone would understand.

Offline gaiden

« Reply #711 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 15:55:11 »

Yea I would be willing to pitch in a few bucks to get whatever packing materials are needed (if cost is a limitation)
Hell i'll buy you a whole roll of bubble wraps and a bigger box if that's what you required to ship mine. No offense but I'm sure everyone has waited too long to only have poorly shipping method did this beautiful keyboard in.! Delivery is the last part and is crucial and please go overboard with bubble wraps and packing types and peanuts/newspaper to ensure everything is wrapped tight and nothing moves around the box.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline laughatpain

« Reply #712 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 15:56:18 »

Also willing to throw in some more money if it means the board will arrive undamaged

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #713 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 16:10:06 »
I just unboxed my board!

Just got caught up on this thread and noticed some of the shipping issues, but just wondering what is considered R2?  I just checked the spreadsheet and noticed my board hasn't shipped, so I'm wondering if boards not shipped are considered R2 or if R2 is referring to a separate GB.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline gaiden

« Reply #714 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 16:12:22 »
I just unboxed my board!

Just got caught up on this thread and noticed some of the shipping issues, but just wondering what is considered R2?  I just checked the spreadsheet and noticed my board hasn't shipped, so I'm wondering if boards not shipped are considered R2 or if R2 is referring to a separate GB.
Everything on the sheet should be R1, that's usually how every GB works. R2 might happen after everything is sent on the current sheet.

Offline Funtast

« Reply #715 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 16:12:46 »
Join the guys above!
Ideally, you need something like this
162370-0

Offline gaiden

« Reply #716 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 16:15:52 »
Join the guys above!
Ideally, you need something like this
(Attachment Link)
Moreover, all pieces should be either screw down or wrapped separately and secure with packing tapes. Duck does his in separate pieces. TX boards has the weight already screwed in and wrapped top and bottom separately.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #717 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 16:29:15 »
I just unboxed my board!

Everything on the sheet should be R1, that's usually how every GB works. R2 might happen after everything is sent on the current sheet.

Okay thanks for the clarification.  I was in R2 of the Black Bird buy and it was still all listed on one sheet but was separated into R1 and R2, so was just wondering where I fell.

In that vein though, I second additional packaging!  I'll gladly send some extra via PayPal to take care of packing supplies if cost is an issue.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline gaiden

« Reply #718 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 16:36:41 »
I just unboxed my board!

Okay thanks for the clarification.  I was in R2 of the Black Bird buy and it was still all listed on one sheet but was separated into R1 and R2, so was just wondering where I fell.

In that vein though, I second additional packaging!  I'll gladly send some extra via PayPal to take care of packing supplies if cost is an issue.

err I don't think there ever was a R2 for Blackbird, I think you must be referring to "batch 2" Duck likes to send in batches, from what I understand it's 30 or 50 per batch and so on. Rounds are a basically separate GB's from any previous Rounds. Each Round may (or may not) have batches, to my understanding that's how it works. You were probably in Batch 2.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #719 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 16:42:48 »
I just unboxed my board!

err I don't think there ever was a R2 for Blackbird, I think you must be referring to "batch 2" Duck likes to send in batches, from what I understand it's 30 or 50 per batch and so on. Rounds are a basically separate GB's from any previous Rounds. Each Round may (or may not) have batches, to my understanding that's how it works. You were probably in Batch 2.

Oh yeah you're right, I was in batch 2 of that buy as there has only been one round for it.

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #720 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 16:44:49 »
I was worried about the shipping so I pm'ed 27.  He's halting shipping and getting foam cut + fixing everything else for R1!
60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #721 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 17:15:59 »

Show Image

Show Image

is that painters tape to hold in the weight in the center ?

Offline HappyCatFish

« Reply #722 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 17:36:16 »

Show Image

Show Image

Yeah, mine was painters tape...

Offline Tally810

« Reply #723 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 17:43:49 »

Show Image

Show Image

Yeah, mine was painters tape...
Mine didn't have anything so I was lucky in that aspect.  I would say just screw in the weight that way it doesn't go anywhere.

Offline brizzzle

• ipee9932cd
« Reply #724 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 21:58:28 »
Got my Mech27 today. I did not receive the acrylic spacer or the 2 screws others were missing as well. Other than that, the colors look great and no dings - mine was packed with each piece individually wrapped and tape on the weight.

Offline HappyCatFish

« Reply #725 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 22:31:54 »
Alright, so I am home from work, and have had some time to build my board and organize my thoughts.

Here is an album of the visual blemishes and damage my board has suffered: http://imgur.com/a/LSPei

I did not get a chance to closely inspect the top case until I got home, and under light, those scratches are pretty bad. My guess is that the loose hardware and stabilizers bag may have scuffed it? I'm not really sure. They peeve me the most, as they are incredibly visible and right at the top of the board. The dent in the bottom left, inside corner is fairly small compared to some of the other photos I've seen on here but is a dent none the less. The scratching/scuffing on the bottom left corner is quite visible as it is dark black compared to the silver ano on the case. There is also some minor scratching on the edges of the plate, but none of them are visible once in the case, I do not consider them an issue.

I too am missing two screws to mount the plate to the top case. I imagine there may have been a miscalculation due to the weights using the same screws and four of them at that. I would very much like the rest of the hardware.

Overall I like the way the board feels to type on and I like the overall look of the board, but I am extremely unhappy with the visible damage. However now I am stuck with it, as it is nearly impossible to trade, and I do not plan on using it on my desk.

I have said time and time again, I do not care about the cost of the board. If I was worried about the money I wouldn't be into high end keyboards. What I care about is that they are irreplaceable, unique, and beautiful.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #726 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 09:09:48 »
pls ship my 27 in this k thanks

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQZxNpAh7nP/

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #727 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 10:37:26 »
pls ship my 27 in this k thanks

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQZxNpAh7nP/
He is well aware of what good packing, but only for his own staff

Offline Patchwrks

« Reply #728 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 12:14:18 »
i will pay whatever the extra cost is to ensure my 27 doesn't end up damaged.  i don't care about the cost of boards, as said above but I sure as hell can't afford to have damaged goods in that range come back :\
(´・ω・`)denko-chan~~~내 스레드

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #729 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 13:18:25 »
Throwing some sunshine in here... I got back to work from a quick trip to Chicago with my Mech-27 waiting for me. Box was intact, nothing rattling inside and the board is scratch-free and just beautiful!!! Man, the cyan is popping, it's a freaking gorgeous color!! Low-key regret not going all cyan, but the cyan top and plate look great against the black base as well. I'll post pics when I build it up, but for now, I'm stoked on how everything came out. I feel lucky that this has arrived in good shape and am bummed for you brothers who have dings because the board really is gorgeous. I for one have full confidence 27 will sort out packaging for all future boards and hope there's a path to fixing those that showed up with some issues.

To my surprise, this little fella was in there as well. I'd forgotten that 27 had some custom artisans done. It's a very cool cap to crown the board- Coz did an awesome job as usual... many thanks to you both!!

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #730 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 14:34:04 »
Just received mine, and unfortunately the top frame has some gashes on it. Everything else seems to be okay. I will send a PM about this, 27.

The first picture was taken immediately after cutting the tape. The weight was still in place. All of the other pieces were wrapped, but the plate did not have bubble wrap covering the two short ends.

Looks like I got all 12 screws and 5 stabilizer sets, but the bumpons are too large in diameter for the indentation made on the bottom of the case.

PCB looks okay and lights up when plugged in. It was wrapped in the same bubble wrapping as the rest of the pieces, so as a suggestion for the future, I would either put it in an anti-static bag first (they are usually pink or blue), or you can buy anti-static bubble wrap.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 March 2017, 14:57:22 by Oatburner »

Offline Funtast

« Reply #731 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 13:19:12 »
Guys, what updates?

Offline sudsuu

« Reply #732 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 15:58:48 »
Just got mine in the mail and I'm very satisfied. Sorry to all who have had problems. I hope that in the next waves of shipments there will be no further issues. Aside from a very small ding, and two missing screws everything is perfect on my end.

Also, I'm really digging the coz cap color way I received.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #733 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 16:49:56 »
Wait were we all supposed to get artisans or was it random?

Offline gaiden

« Reply #734 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 16:53:19 »

I remember 27 said many of us or something similar so it's still random

Offline Tally810

« Reply #735 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 16:56:17 »

I remember 27 said many of us or something similar so it's still random

Ahh ok makes sense

Offline joey

« Reply #736 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 18:28:55 »
Is it possible to get pics of our boards before shipping?

Offline maximm

« Reply #737 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 07:48:28 »
Anyone here want to take over my order for a Black/Black/Black? Bought a TX-87 and have a LZ-FE on the way, and I feel that I have moved away from boards with acrylic spacers since i paid for this board.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #738 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 08:05:02 »
Anyone here want to take over my order for a Black/Black/Black? Bought a TX-87 and have a LZ-FE on the way, and I feel that I have moved away from boards with acrylic spacers since i paid for this board.

no one is forcing you to use the spacer. :)

Offline joey

« Reply #739 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 08:06:02 »

The board doesn't fit properly without it.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #740 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 08:08:10 »

meaning its screws are too long? i dont see why there would be an issue otherwise?

Offline joey

« Reply #741 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 08:09:43 »

meaning its screws are too long? i dont see why there would be an issue otherwise?
I was told there wasn't enough clearance for the pcb/bottom of the case.

You have your board.. try it!

Offline maximm

« Reply #742 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 08:10:54 »
I would love to get this as well and have no problem receiving it, but it would help financially letting someone else taking it right now.
Looking forward building it if/when it comes :)

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #743 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 08:23:22 »

I was told there wasn't enough clearance for the pcb/bottom of the case.

You have your board.. try it!

Ye, no, it doesn work... You are right.

Offline jeffbolton

« Reply #744 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 09:14:04 »
Any news on timeframe for the rest?

Offline FactoryDefaults

« Reply #745 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 12:05:10 »
Anyone interested in trading my pink switch plate for your black switch plate?

My board hasn't shipped yet, so if yours hasn't either we can easily swap. Let me know!

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #746 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 12:51:34 »
Hi everyone, I'm currently working with those who have received their boards damaged to find a resolution.  Unfortunately there is a few visible manufacturer defects in the finish that got through QC and were missed by myself while packing.  As such, I'm going to be much more stringent about the QC of my boards while packing.

Speaking of packing, I have spoken with a few community members and have ordered thick PE foam to reinforce the packages, as well I will be screwing everything together before packing so there will be much less chance of pieces bumping or rubbing against each other.

If anyone has any concerns to voice please contact me through pms.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline joey

« Reply #747 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 12:53:42 »
Is it possible to get pictures of the boards? Can we re-invoice to extend the paypal deadline?

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #748 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 12:56:25 »
Is it possible to get pictures of the boards? Can we re-invoice to extend the paypal deadline?

I can't send pictures of every single board, but I will post the new packing methods once I receive the hard foam sheets.

Offline joey

« Reply #749 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 13:01:24 »
I'm considering transferring my spot. Silver/Silver with silver and cyan plates. PM me if you're interested.