Author Topic: [GB] SKB75, SKB65 & SKB60 / GB CONCLUDED  (Read 368954 times)

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
Re: [GB] SKB75 & SKB60 (Standard, WKL, HHKB, YAS and ORTHOLINEAR)
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 20:13:33 »
W̶a̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶t̶e̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶t̶o̶m̶?̶ It does, found better pics

O̶P̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶i̶d̶e̶?̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶o̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶P̶C̶B̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶'̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶t̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶.̶

Also, are low profile screws an option? The button ones aren't pretty.

The main post states that it comes with flat-head/low-profile AND button-head screws.

And so it does. Thanks haha.

Now to decide which to get, 60% or 75%. Someone help me out, as I am at an impass as for which one to get. I quite like the 75% layout, but already have one. The 60% just is nice and small and clean and compatible though, but this is a unique case, so I might as well get a unique layout.. UGH. Help me decide pls ;)

Offline Electrum

« Reply #251 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 20:17:24 »
W̶a̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶t̶e̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶t̶o̶m̶?̶ It does, found better pics

O̶P̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶i̶d̶e̶?̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶o̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶P̶C̶B̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶'̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶t̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶.̶

The main post states that it comes with flat-head/low-profile AND button-head screws.

Now to decide which to get, 60% or 75%. Someone help me out, as I am at an impass as for which one to get. I quite like the 75% layout, but already have one. The 60% just is nice and small and clean and compatible though, but this is a unique case, so I might as well get a unique layout.. UGH. Help me decide pls ;)

Middle ground, 65%

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #252 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 20:36:17 »

Middle ground, 65%

If only it were that easy. The allure of 75 is the function keys.

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
« Reply #253 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 20:50:02 »
If you aren't familiar or comfortable with 60%, committing to a custom case for one isn't really wise, IMO. 75% customs are fewer and far between, and I'm a 75% lover so I'd make the case (ha) to go with the 75%.
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #254 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 22:16:29 »
If you aren't familiar or comfortable with 60%, committing to a custom case for one isn't really wise, IMO. 75% customs are fewer and far between, and I'm a 75% lover so I'd make the case (ha) to go with the 75%.

I have a Pok3r and a really nice 75%, so I'm comfy with both.. I'm leaning towards a 75 but something is just telling me to get an endgame 60% outta this.

Offline C7Kinetic

• /u/ADJ_Reflex
« Reply #255 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 22:41:10 »

the YAS62 option is a pretty unique layout imo.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #256 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 23:11:00 »

Not a fan of the bottom row. I do admit it is a sick layout. Might just buy both and sell one later. I'm sure these will hold/gain value.

Offline Harms

« Reply #257 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 02:09:13 »

Not a fan of the bottom row. I do admit it is a sick layout. Might just buy both and sell one later. I'm sure these will hold/gain value.
I think the YAS62 is a sick layout as well. It is unique too.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #258 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 03:25:02 »
Just joined for the 65%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 112227

« Reply #259 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 04:30:15 »
I just signed up for a YAS62 kit, but could not remember if I signed up for a WKL earler in April. can you check, and if so, cancel the WKL order?

Offline Zuology

« Reply #260 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 09:19:28 »
I just signed up for a YAS62 kit, but could not remember if I signed up for a WKL earler in April. can you check, and if so, cancel the WKL order?

Regarding changes of your orders:
If you have already filled out the form and later want to change your version or add one, then please just fill it out again but with the complete order. So if you had ordered an HHKB version for example and you want a second one, then please don't add another order with ONE HHKB. Instead fill out the form with TWO HHKB orders. I can spot double entries and I will just delete your older form entries and just keep the last/youngest submission.

FYI - If you have a double-entry, the most recent entry will overwrite the older one, if it is there.
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)

Offline macken

« Reply #261 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 10:07:49 »
Have joined for a 75.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #262 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 12:04:42 »

Regarding changes of your orders:
If you have already filled out the form and later want to change your version or add one, then please just fill it out again but with the complete order. So if you had ordered an HHKB version for example and you want a second one, then please don't add another order with ONE HHKB. Instead fill out the form with TWO HHKB orders. I can spot double entries and I will just delete your older form entries and just keep the last/youngest submission.

FYI - If you have a double-entry, the most recent entry will overwrite the older one, if it is there.

What can you tell me about the acoustics of this type of case vs a tray mount? Better or worse for vint blacks in your opinion?

Offline child

« Reply #263 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 14:02:54 »
Could someone explain to me why top mount is generally considered superior to tray mount? All my keyboards so far are tray mount only.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #264 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 14:14:20 »
Could someone explain to me why top mount is generally considered superior to tray mount? All my keyboards so far are tray mount only.

Wondering the same thing.

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #265 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 14:53:06 »
I am one of those that think that tray mounted cases sound and feels better but need to do some more boards to have a final statement. I have the feeling that all the different materials used for plates (brass, pc, cf, half plates) in the end are looking for the feeling that a good tray mounted case gives. This is just a feeling/thought. I am in the process of doing a tray mounted case for myself, we will see...

Offline kekstee

« Reply #266 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 15:03:52 »
Generally a board where the plate is mounted to the case at the sides is much more well behaved than a tray mount where the PCB gets mounted to the bottom case. Those standoffs create rigid connections for the key force to travel through the PCB into the case, diminishing the influence of plate and PCB behaviour and changing the sound and feel depending on where you are on the keyboard. A top/case mounted board will be less bendy since the plate is fixed better in place around the edges, while still allowing for more dampening influence of the plate/PCB construction for sound and type feel.

How does this particular construction fare? It would be nice if I had a few quiet hours with one of these on my desk, but from all the protos I've seen so far it's a very solid and well built board which sounds the part.

Offline PlastikSchnittstelle

« Reply #267 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 10:47:19 »
Top-mount vs tray-mount - I think this doesn't belong here into this GB thread but let me just quickly give you my opinion on this.
To me tray-mount is nothing but an uninspired way to make it cheaper. These few scattered mini screws which hold the PCB and leave the plate floating can't be called a proper construction imo. Yes, top-mounting will always require some space around the caps area -> bezel. With tray mount you can get a very small bezel or even do without one entirely. It is cheaper of course because you only need one part compared to two for a top-mount construction. This basically cuts the cost in half. Apart from that I don't see any advantage.

Though I will always be thankful for my poker keyboards and keep them, since they mark the beginning of my involvement with the keyboard community.

« Reply #268 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 10:47:53 »
UPDATE (regarding the plates and split spacebar support):
Gave the 65% plate split support as well. Btw I checked all the plates again for mistakes. I couldn't tell for sure which versions of the KBD75 are out there supporting which split spacebar version. On the KBDfans homepage it says V2 supports "2.25 | 1.25 | 2.75" but I also found a picture which shows "2.75 | 1.25 | 2.25". I simply decided to support both split spacebar variations. Now ALL plates support these two:
- 2.25 | 1.25 | 2.75
- 2.75 | 1.25 | 2.25

See the updated the plate/layout illustrations.

This all takes time, much more than I'd like.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 May 2018, 10:52:01 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

« Reply #269 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 10:52:51 »
UPDATE (regarding your orders):
lately not many new orders are coming in. But a lot of you want to change the order and switch to another version or add one. Sounds simple but takes time as well.

This still applies:

« Reply #270 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 10:54:56 »
UPDATE (regarding PLATE-B):

the worst performing kit so far is SKB60-Standard with plate-B with only 6 orders. This kit is only necessary if you plan to go for a layout with the arrow-cluster squeezed into the standard 60%. The layout with lots of 1U keys in bottom right, possible with Banana or DZ60 PCB for example. I combined this layout with the YAS layouts into PLATE-B. But there are far more YAS orders and I feel it would be nice to give the YAS a nicer plate and therefore drop support for the before mentioned layout completely. So sorry for the six ones who ordered the "SKB60-Standard with plate-B" kit. I'll PM them soon and ask if they want to switch or drop out.

For all YAS orders this means, that you will become a dedicated YAS-only plate.

See the updated the plate/layout illustrations.

Sorry for the dropped layout but only six orders don't justify it.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #271 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 10:58:35 »
I like the updates, Yay!
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline Zuology

« Reply #272 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 13:17:00 »
UPDATE (regarding your orders):
lately not many new orders are coming in. But a lot of you want to change the order and switch to another version or add one. Sounds simple but takes time as well.

I think you will see another bump/surge of new orders once you get plate finishing/samples resolved and you move forward with promotion posts on rmk/mechmarket, but it seems like all case and plate variants have hit reasonable MOQ by now (aside from the 60-b plate you already addressed), unless Ortho75 still too low?

Also update GB post title with something to indicate final changes (for example: [GB] SKB75 & SKB60 (Standard, WKL, HHKB, YAS and ORTHOLINEAR) - FINALIZED UPDATE).

Maybe interest in 60-b plate layout will increase with the final GB update/cross-site promotion posts?

Just suggestions - you are doing an incredible job with communication and updates to the process, and your attention to detail is very reassuring. I look forward to you taking my money when you are ready :thumb:
More

Offline aydio

« Reply #273 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 16:34:49 »
unless Ortho75 still too low
Oh god please no  :-[ any update on order count for the ortho plate?

Offline Anakin9310

« Reply #274 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 17:53:17 »
Would you be fine with shipping to a proxy?

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #275 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 01:17:44 »
Any chance of seeing a pic with a SA set on it? :) only if possible :thumb:
I am just really curious how much more nice it will be with the 3mm sink in.

Still plans for the 65?  :cool:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #276 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 01:47:32 »
gotta cancel, sorry

sent PM explaining

bummed i gotta miss out on this, but sometimes that's how **** goes
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

« Reply #277 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 03:32:21 »
I think you will see another bump/surge of new orders once you get plate finishing/samples resolved and you move forward with promotion posts on rmk/mechmarket, but it seems like all case and plate variants have hit reasonable MOQ by now (aside from the 60-b plate you already addressed), unless Ortho75 still too low?

Also update GB post title with something to indicate final changes (for example: [GB] SKB75 & SKB60 (Standard, WKL, HHKB, YAS and ORTHOLINEAR) - FINALIZED UPDATE).

yes, reddit post will come, but still not ready for it.
will also update the start post here soon, regarding SKB65, still haven't done new renderings to show it.

« Reply #278 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 03:34:58 »
Any chance of seeing a pic with a SA set on it? :) only if possible :thumb:
I am just really curious how much more nice it will be with the 3mm sink in.

Still plans for the 65?  :cool:

SKB65 is happening! already added to the order form, mentioned a few times already ;)
I just haven't advertised it jet and updated the start post regarding the added version.
Take a look at the order form, you can already order it.

SA set, will try to make that happen.

« Reply #279 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 03:49:32 »
Would you be fine with shipping to a proxy?

yes, this came up a few times already and some offered me help regarding proxy.
just didn't have the time to deal with it jet.

« Reply #280 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 07:13:28 »
unless Ortho75 still too low
Oh god please no  :-[ any update on order count for the ortho plate?

don't worry, ortho will make it.

Offline Starston3

« Reply #281 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 10:33:04 »
Seeing as the SKB60 B Plate with arrow options (DZ60 PCB compatible) might be dropped due to low commits —  I might either back out, or go for the 65 with the LFK65 Hotswap PCB https://www.lfkeyboards.com/lfk65-hotswap.html

Offline monkt

« Reply #282 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 13:17:00 »
Seeing as the SKB60 B Plate with arrow options (DZ60 PCB compatible) might be dropped due to low commits —  I might either back out, or go for the 65 with the LFK65 Hotswap PCB https://www.lfkeyboards.com/lfk65-hotswap.html

Nice, I hadn't seen that before. Would that pcb definitely fit this case?
Are there any other hotswap boards that would work with these cases?

Offline Starston3

« Reply #283 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 13:43:18 »

That PCB fits the M65-A, according to the plate layout for the SKB65, it should fit. I believe that the HS60 (https://mechboards.co.uk/shop/all/hs60-pcb/) might fit the SKB60 Plate A.

Another PCB would be M60 -A PCB, but the daughter board might be an issue so I don't recommend it. the GK61 might fit, but I don't recommend it as it doesn't use QMK or boot loader but something completely different, it's actually pretty bad.

Offline monkt

« Reply #284 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 14:38:39 »

That PCB fits the M65-A, according to the plate layout for the SKB65, it should fit. I believe that the HS60 (https://mechboards.co.uk/shop/all/hs60-pcb/) might fit the SKB60 Plate A.

Another PCB would be M60 -A PCB, but the daughter board might be an issue so I don't recommend it. the GK61 might fit, but I don't recommend it as it doesn't use QMK or boot loader but something completely different, it's actually pretty bad.

Thank you. Appreciate it. This might be just what I need.

« Reply #285 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 15:54:09 »

interesting, didn't know about this 65% pcb.
personally I'm not a big fan of hot-swap sockets. I like to properly solder my boards. if I want other switches, then I build a new one :)

compatibility with hot-swap-socket-pcbs has come up a few times already here in the GB and back in the IC. notice that these sockets are pretty thick. so at the lowest 6degree angle they would maybe hit the bottom, so it might not work. angle 8 and above are fine.

« Reply #286 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 15:58:36 »

since this case is a top mount construction you don't need to worry about screw hole positions in the pcb at all. also the case is quite roomy on the inside :)
that means that basically any pcb will fit as long as it has the usb port at the standard left position.

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkδs
« Reply #287 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 16:24:28 »

since this case is a top mount construction you don't need to worry about screw hole positions in the pcb at all. also the case is quite roomy on the inside :)
that means that basically any pcb will fit as long as it has the usb port at the standard left position.

Would hotswap sockets mean that the PCB and plate can be separated on the fly as long as all the switches are removed beforehand? Would this make the top-mount less sturdy or something?
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

« Reply #288 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 16:36:15 »
Would hotswap sockets mean that the PCB and plate can be separated on the fly as long as all the switches are removed beforehand? Would this make the top-mount less sturdy or something?

interesting point and YES!
the pcb is only held by the solder joints to the switches.
going for a hot-swap-pcb won't make anything less sturdy. all the sturdiness comes from the case and the plate. these two itself are so rocksolid that not any kind of pcb will ever be able to in- or decrease sturdiness. the pcb just isn't part of this equation.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 May 2018, 16:48:19 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

Re: [GB] SKB75, SKB65 & SKB60 (Standard, WKL, HHKB, YAS and ORTHOLINEAR)
« Reply #289 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 15:58:07 »
UPDATE (renderings):

finally I had the time to make new renderings. Now showing all the different SKB versions, including the 65%.
Here is one:

The rest is on imgur again.

« Reply #290 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 16:16:37 »
UPDATE (one more sample / timeline):

hey, there are well over 100 orders now - so why haven't I still started the payment phase jet?
There are still some details I want to make sure that they will be fine throughout the production. To sort this out I will get another sample. A sample of the SKB75 this time. I'll still have it this month, will make another build and document it for you. With the pictures of the build I will finally also officially make a reddit GB post and by then I will have a new quote which will enable me to give you a new price point that is in reach. Then I'm comfortable to start the payment phase and soon after give the OK for the production.
So I estimate payment will start earliest by the end of this month.

Thanks for your patience, we're almost there ;)

Offline Zuology

« Reply #291 on: Sat, 19 May 2018, 06:52:00 »
A sample of the SKB75 this time. I'll still have it this month, will make another build and document it for you.

Yay 75% love! Which pcb are you planning on using? I think the only pcb that had a bit of a question on it was the xd84 because of the chip on the bottom of the pcb possibly contacting the bottom on lowest case angle. On that note could you show what the case looks like when set at a steep/higher angle (~14°+), which is obviously not great comfort for many, but stiletto high heels aren't about being comfortable either and look great  :-\
More

Offline Data

« Reply #292 on: Sat, 19 May 2018, 09:57:37 »
So I estimate payment will start earliest by the end of this month.

Thanks for your patience, we're almost there ;)

That's what I was going to ask.  Thanks.

Offline kmfmppl

« Reply #293 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 04:21:26 »
Just to make sure: since payment phase is getting pushed back, does that mean ordering past today (20.) is possible as well?

Offline macken

« Reply #294 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 06:21:47 »
How do I confirm that the order I placed is registered? I did not get any confirmation after filling out the order form.

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #295 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 08:55:57 »
Nice man with getting the 75% samle in.. ( Hoping to see it with SA on )  And no rush finishing this up! How is the 65% doing? and if one would like to swap from 75 to 65? Great work with everything so far!!  :thumb:

« Reply #296 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 13:54:11 »
UPDATE (regarding shipping):

Many of you asked if I could offer a cheaper shipping alternative. To the USA I only offered 40€ shipping so far. I chose this option because I wanted tracked shipping. I just spent some more time checking out the DHL options and it turns out I missed something before. The cheapest international (includes USA) option is 16€ and does not include tracking and insurance. BUT you can add tracking and insurance (only up to 50€ though) for additional 4€ to it. So this means 20€ is available as well now. This option allows up to 2kg. This means I can pack two SKBs and one or maybe even two extra plates in the package. The ∼40€ option allows for up to 5kg, that would mean at least five SKBs and extra plates. I made a table showing the available options. All prices include 1€ extra for packaging cost:

Destination  Option 1  Option 2
Germany  6€
  tracking
  weight up to 2kg
  insured up to 500€
  7€
  tracking
  weight up to 5kg
  insured up to 500€
Europe
(including the UK)
  15€
  tracking
  weight up to 2kg
  insured up to 500€
  17€
  tracking
  weight up to 5kg
  insured up to 500€
International
(most countries including USA)
  21€
  tracking
  weight up to 2kg
  insured up to 50€
  38€
  tracking
  weight up to 5kg
  insured up to 500€
International
(some countries like Australia and Japan)
  21€
  tracking
  weight up to 2kg
  insured up to 50€
  47€
  tracking
  weight up to 5kg
  insured up to 500€

Information updated in the start post as well.

I will check out US proxy shipping, but only after I have the last sample ready, but still before payment of course.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 May 2018, 15:41:28 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

« Reply #297 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 14:06:44 »
Yay 75% love! Which pcb are you planning on using? I think the only pcb that had a bit of a question on it was the xd84 because of the chip on the bottom of the pcb possibly contacting the bottom on lowest case angle. On that note could you show what the case looks like when set at a steep/higher angle (~14°+), which is obviously not great comfort for many, but stiletto high heels aren't about being comfortable either and look great  :-\

I'll use the kbdfans75, which I have two of laying around here since quite some time now.

I asked the seller how high the controller on the underside of the XD84 PCB is. He said 2mm, so this might even work with the lowest 6degree angle. Let's say the XD84 definitely works with 8degree and above.

« Reply #298 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 14:11:29 »
Just to make sure: since payment phase is getting pushed back, does that mean ordering past today (20.) is possible as well?

Yes, of course. Order phase is extended as well.

Thanks, just realized I forgot to update that in the timeline.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 May 2018, 14:49:38 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

« Reply #299 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 14:14:50 »
How do I confirm that the order I placed is registered? I did not get any confirmation after filling out the order form.

Sorry, no confirmation mail gets send out.
I have your order, one SKB75.

I will post an updated list of all orders soon.