Author Topic: What happened to the DSA Dolch sets?  (Read 28765 times)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
What happened to the DSA Dolch sets?
« on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 19:20:12 »
I was just about to buy some keys to fill out my set, but the entire collection just disappeared.  Surely they didn't all sell out at the same time?

Offline awhitedev

Re: What happened to the DSA Dolch sets?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 19:40:24 »
May have been removed to encourage you to participate in the GB they're having over at MD:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/dsa-dolch-key-set

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 20:01:46 »
Awww.  They dont have the kit I want to buy!   SP guys,  please sell me the GX windowed kit.

Offline Data

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 21:33:41 »
Awww.  They dont have the kit I want to buy!   SP guys,  please sell me the GX windowed kit.

Check the thread.  An MD rep said they'd add the other kits if there was enough interest.  They should have just assumed there'd be interest from the beginning, but you know how that goes...  :rolleyes:

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 21:41:25 »
I'd rather they just let me buy one.  It's not like they aren't already made

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 21:42:02 »
But thanks for the info guys, I'll contact them

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 20:22:30 »
Sent an email and Melissa put 'em back online for me!

Offline Data

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 22:19:30 »
She really is the glue holding that company together.

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 08:07:05 »
I'm also very interested in a DSA Dolch set but would love to get the ISO UK and DE keys as well.  In a perfect world I could also get a Colemak kit to mod my remapped Caps Lock key <looks hopeful> -  and yes I know its very hard to get enough interest in all those extras.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 18:35:15 »
I'm also very interested in a DSA Dolch set but would love to get the ISO UK and DE keys as well.  In a perfect world I could also get a Colemak kit to mod my remapped Caps Lock key <looks hopeful> -  and yes I know its very hard to get enough interest in all those extras.

Welcome to Geekhack!

One option for you might be to get the buy on Massdrop right now, then set yourself a goal of finding an ISO set at the earliest opportunity.  Possibly the DSA Dolch options might come back into the PMK store once Massdrop has finished.  You can contact Melissa at PMK to ask.

Or you can scour classifieds to see if anyone is selling a suitable ISO set.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 06:57:09 »
Thanks Rowdy :)