Author Topic: [IC] DCS Physics  (Read 4859 times)

Offline Parttimecrafty

[IC] DCS Physics
« on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 17:14:23 »
Long story short:    Really wanted some greek rooted keycaps and could not find any in stock, said **** it, I'll make my own damn set, fast forward:   Currently honing in on the final design. but I give you:     DCS Physics  https://imgur.com/Mzaljzz    ( colors are going to be changed up a bit, to maintain a friendly price point dye subbed PBT is the likely way it will go material wise. but still tentative.
Quick notes before you get to the survey and feedback link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdFSEp8wL1v8pYfwkdj1WeniLJERnMAD9oui8fRjJvxnw2yEg/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Full ANSI layout with Numpad, ISO support is 100% going to occur
- There will be reverse printed R4 2.25 and 2.75u Caps for happy Alice thumbs
- set operators will be included ⊂ ⊃ ⊄ ⊅ ⊆ ⊇ ⊈ ⊉ ⋂ ⋃ ∈ ∉ Likely front face of yet to be indentified caps
- Will have (possibly part of novelties)  a spacebar with the words: proof left as an exercise for the reader
- cap colors will likely be lightened to allow dyesub,  how high the contrast of the dye sub is: TBD
- working on incorporating maxwells qns and feynman diagrams into novelties and or mods

Mod Edit: Updated thread title to match standard format.  Feel free to delete this edit note when you see it.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 June 2020, 14:01:01 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline econeuler

Re: [INTEREST CHECK/community feedback]
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 17:23:18 »
Interesting! I'm all for more maths/cs/science/tech sets! Although, this IC comes to mind, maybe it interests you:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=106137.0;topicseen

Have you thought about abs vs pbt etc?

I think it would be cool with greek legends and then smaller latin sublegends.

Edit: Also, I didn't realize this was an IC, there is a subforum here on the forum for that  :) Link:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?board=132.0
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 May 2020, 17:32:34 by econeuler »

Offline fropsie

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 17:36:54 »
This is a very.... interesting IC

Offline ilikerustoo

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 17:50:20 »
I like the concept. Just try and put a little more effort in the write up and kitting so people can appreciate it the most!  :thumb:

Offline EnthusiastDude

Re: [IC] DCS Physics
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 03:00:39 »
I think this is a great idea and I fully support the concept. But I really do not like the colours. I think that this has only a chance of reaching moq if the colourway is appealing for a broader audience, i.e. basic is better for this than niche. I know the following kind of goes against what I just said, but here goes: I am in if you add NorDE support.

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 16:47:37 »
I thought DCS was manufactured by SP and that SP doesn't work with PBT. Is that a thing I'm remembering correctly?
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 16:51:26 »
I thought DCS was manufactured by SP and that SP doesn't work with PBT. Is that a thing I'm remembering correctly?

correct on first incorrect on second

SP does in fact with PBT in some profiles

however they would not be able to do these colors
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 17:09:13 »

Thanks for the correction, Elder. What profiles do they do in PBT? Just so I'm a little more informed for the future. Does anyone else manufacture DCS Profile?
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 17:15:23 »

Thanks for the correction, Elder. What profiles do they do in PBT? Just so I'm a little more informed for the future. Does anyone else manufacture DCS Profile?

DCS is SP specific

i think they do DCS, DSA, and maybe SA, not 100% sure
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 14 June 2020, 00:48:57 »
so many new molds, this is going to be expensive :-X

DCS is SP specific

i think they do DCS, DSA, and maybe SA, not 100% sure

SP's PBT SA is called SA-P, I believe
also they have G20 in PBT dye-sub but I don't know when they will continue this profile (currently they only have prototype toolings, the official toolings are in the work <--- this info is very old)

Offline arrowM

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 22:04:21 »
I absolutely love this. I want to be involved as much as possible!