Author Topic: Post your Duckies!  (Read 247987 times)

Offline fabian101

• Cardbox
Re: Post your Duckies!
« Reply #700 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 21:08:45 »
Have not seen anyone posting a picture of a Ducky Legend recently or at all.
So here's my Ducky Legend after two month plus of owning it.

88139-0
88141-1
88143-2
[WTB] Nothing For Now

Ducky Legend + Invisible FC660C

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #701 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 21:14:46 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

How do you like the legend? I haven't heard much about that model.

Offline fabian101

• Cardbox
« Reply #702 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 21:23:43 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Well considering it's my first mechanical keyboard, I like it very much.
The 5mm thick aluminum case top is nice and smooth. I guess due to that, it is heavier than what I expected it to be.
But I don't mind the heaviness, as it feels very solid. I just wish they made a clear switch variant.
[WTB] Nothing For Now

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #703 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 21:24:59 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

The 5mm thick aluminum case top is nice and smooth. I guess due to that, it is heavier than what I expected it to be.
But I don't mind the heaviness, as it feels very solid. I just wish they made a clear switch variant.

Yeah I don't know why ducky doesn't make more boards with clears, I've got a brand new shine 3 I will probably add clear switches to some day. Thanks for the info!

Offline fabian101

• Cardbox
« Reply #704 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 21:30:54 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Yeah I don't know why ducky doesn't make more boards with clears, I've got a brand new shine 3 I will probably add clear switches to some day. Thanks for the info!

No problem. Before I forget...
One drawback of this keyboard is that the usb cable is not removable, so no quick and easy cleaning as I need to plug it off the computer.

[WTB] Nothing For Now

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #705 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 21:36:34 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

One drawback of this keyboard is that the usb cable is not removable, so no quick and easy cleaning as I need to plug it off the computer.

That is a little surprising on what I would have considered a high end ducky board, kind of disappointing actually.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #706 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 21:43:24 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

All cables are removable if you pull hard enough :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline hoz

• 60% is more than enough.
« Reply #707 on: Mon, 23 February 2015, 10:07:11 »

Yoth Mini, MX Greens with a mix of duckys blank white pbt and pink engraved pbt sets

Yoth Mini, MX White with duckys yellow dyesub pbt set
one 40% and seven 60%'s

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #708 on: Mon, 23 February 2015, 19:54:30 »
Since when did Ducky do a yellow set like that? :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #709 on: Mon, 23 February 2015, 20:13:57 »

I'm assuming you're looking for that set now...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #710 on: Mon, 23 February 2015, 22:22:11 »
Show Image

I'm assuming you're looking for that set now...

What makes you think that? ;)

Offline hoz

• 60% is more than enough.
« Reply #711 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 01:44:42 »
one 40% and seven 60%'s

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #712 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 03:36:25 »

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1091 :)

:D

Tempting, as I only have 2 sets of black on yellow, 2 sets of white on yellow, and set of yellow engraved.

Needs moar yellow!

Offline DeviAchariya

« Reply #713 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 11:49:08 »
My very first mechanical keyboard & keycap sets: Ducky Shine Mini with Cherry MX blue & blank white PBT with stock keycaps.
Ducky Shine Mini
    [my first!]

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #714 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 03:55:24 »
Finally a pic thread I can be a part of <3

Call this: Shine 3 - Paistaa edition

All white all right

Stolen caps from G2Pro dye sub PBT

Work Keyboard (G2Pro with Mx Clears)

Different layouts over the years

|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #715 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 00:57:50 »

Did some stuff to my shine 2 tkl. :D
The old picture of the stock board is somewhere in the topic :)
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #716 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 04:13:52 »
Show Image

Show Image

Lovely board pichu! :thumb:

Offline Johan

« Reply #717 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 07:09:56 »
Show Image

Show Image

Is that a startale pad?
Uh, stuff.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #718 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 16:58:16 »
Here are a few shots of my YOTH Mini with some different caps.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #719 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 05:48:20 »
Here are a few shots of my YOTH Mini with some different caps.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I like how that looks with the rainbow keycaps :)

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #720 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 01:14:39 »
Show Image

Show Image

Lovely board pichu! :thumb:

Heh, thanks. Good tip you gave me to remove the previous LEDs. Tweezers and pull!

Show Image

Show Image

Is that a startale pad?

Yes it is! I was a big fan of the previous ST sc2 players, Squirtle, Bomber, Life but they moved on...  :'(
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #721 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 16:56:03 »
V1.0

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #722 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 22:22:52 »
Nice!

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #723 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 19:10:29 »
Man you make me consider a mini...

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #724 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 01:26:22 »
They're so much fun! The only things with it are that it doesn't have any legs to angle it or prop up the base and the micro USB is on the left-hand side which you can see was a bit of a menace for me as my cable needs to run to the right. The cable supplied by Ducky is right-angled though so all is good!

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #725 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 19:31:15 »
They're so much fun! The only things with it are that it doesn't have any legs to angle it or prop up the base and the micro USB is on the left-hand side which you can see was a bit of a menace for me as my cable needs to run to the right. The cable supplied by Ducky is right-angled though so all is good!
I like the right angle lol.

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #726 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 06:26:46 »

Well, there we go then - one less argument against getting one  :thumb:

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #727 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 17:47:58 »

Well, there we go then - one less argument against getting one  :thumb:
Except my wallet...  :p

Offline seville57

« Reply #728 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 15:38:11 »
My white ISO/Nordic Ducky Shine 2, Cherry MX Brown and white LEDs.

My English ISO Ducky Shine 3, Cherry MX Blue and blue LEDs with Duckys 109 ISO/Nordic PBT laser engraved Grey/Blue keycaps set.

My ANSI Ducky Shine 4 69 Edition Fire Version with Galaxy Class keycaps set from Massdrop.

My ANSI Ducky Shine 3, Cherry MX Black with red LEDS and Tai-Hao Miami keycaps set + 550 Paracord Miami sleeved USB cabel by Pexon.

My ISO/Nordic Ducky Shine 3, Cherry MX Red with Duckys 109 ISO/Nordic yellow keycaps set. The "BEER BREAK" caps don't belong to the yellow set.

My ANSI Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Black.

My ANSI Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Red with white LEDs and Varmilo Mint front printed caps.

« Last Edit: Sun, 02 August 2015, 17:08:15 by seville57 »

Offline Abolfazl

« Reply #729 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 19:45:14 »

Ducky Shine 6 White Edition

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #730 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 21:39:44 »
Ducky dk9008g2 pro with hydro and Invyr 'Panda' linears.
MK2016 ducky clone with cherry browns and photoshop caps.

both are basically the same board, totally awesome work horse.

-Dana

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #731 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 10:58:06 »
My 4-ish years old DK9008P (Premier CCnG). Stock PBT ISO Nordic caps with MX Blues underneath.

Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline ar_hoi

« Reply #732 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 22:23:23 »
Hello all here are my duckies  ;D 182808-0
Ducky One TKL RGB MX Black | Ducky Pocket MXBrown

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #733 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 22:28:53 »

Silent reds!

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline Zylkan

« Reply #734 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 14:50:48 »
Show Image

Silent reds!

Btw, how do you like them silent's ? I'm waiting on some silent blacks and I'm really curious to seem how much of a difference can there be.

Offline Duckyreddy

« Reply #735 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 18:28:11 »
Show Image

Silent reds!

Btw, how do you like them silent's ? I'm waiting on some silent blacks and I'm really curious to seem how much of a difference can there be.

Silents are IMHO better then standard reds, the silents are softer in bottoming out and really are quieter than their unsilenced counterparts, they also have a little reduction in travel due to the dampener, my batch of silent reds are smooth, very smooth.

They are very nice to use and I believe the S-blacks will be snappier and even better to type on. :)) Hope that helped.

Leopold FC660M MX Blue

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #736 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 19:31:44 »
Show Image

Silent reds!

Silents are IMHO better then standard reds, the silents are softer in bottoming out and really are quieter than their unsilenced counterparts, they also have a little reduction in travel due to the dampener, my batch of silent reds are smooth, very smooth.

They are very nice to use and I believe the S-blacks will be snappier and even better to type on. :)) Hope that helped.

The one thing I don't think I'll like about Cherry MX Silent is the travel reduction.  That's the main reason I could never use O-rings.
Still want to try them tho.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Duckyreddy

« Reply #737 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 19:43:18 »
Show Image

Silent reds!

The one thing I don't think I'll like about Cherry MX Silent is the travel reduction.  That's the main reason I could never use O-rings.

O-Rings are terrible, for me at least.
But Silents are only reduced by 0.3mm if I recall correctly and they feel much more natural if you know what I mean?
The experience is very nice overall, think of it as a softer MX Red that isn't as sharp and I can't repeat this enough. It's smooothhhh

Leopold FC660M MX Blue

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #738 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 20:05:57 »
Show Image

Silent reds!

But Silents are only reduced by 0.3mm if I recall correctly and they feel much more natural if you know what I mean?
The experience is very nice overall, think of it as a softer MX Red that isn't as sharp and I can't repeat this enough. It's smooothhhh
I do like the Matias dampened switches, so maybe I will like them.
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Duckyreddy

« Reply #739 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 22:04:13 »
Show Image

Silent reds!

Matias quiet clicks? I've never tried them! Would love to one day!

Leopold FC660M MX Blue

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #740 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 22:31:52 »
Show Image

Silent reds!

Matias quiet clicks? I've never tried them! Would love to one day!

Yeah, their "quiet click" switches.  I would still rather there be no travel reduction, but I do like them.   Probably my favorite Matias switch.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Zylkan

« Reply #741 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 12:52:34 »
Show Image

Silent reds!

Thanks a lot my friend!

Offline Duckyreddy

« Reply #742 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 13:19:26 »
Show Image

Silent reds!

Thanks a lot my friend!

You are very welcome. :))

Leopold FC660M MX Blue

Offline schafwax

« Reply #743 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 15:43:06 »
SA Carbon Ducky Mini

Ducky Mini
MX Clears
SA Carbon