Author Topic: Poker 3: can Alt/Fn/Pn/Ctrl be reprogrammed?  (Read 4078 times)

Offline pauld

Poker 3: can Alt/Fn/Pn/Ctrl be reprogrammed?
« on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 03:52:06 »
I'm looking for a keyboard that I can customize so that I end up with a dvorak with uk punctuation layout that is generated by the keyboard rather than at the OS end.  An obvious contender is the Poker 3.  The one problem I have with the idea is the lack of arrow keys (I currently have a HHK P2 which has the same problem and, despite the Fn layer, it is a hassle).  Looking at the keyboard, the obvious thing to do would be to reprogram the 4 keys to the right of the space bar as the arrows, with a bit of additional remapping to provide Fn and Pn keys in that layer.

I know Fn and Pn can't be reprogrammed in the base layer, but can they in the others?  I have read conflicting reports of this: someone else asks this question on Amazon and the answer in Yes, but other places say No, these keys cannot be reprogrammed.  I can see logical reasons why it might not be possible to reprogram them.  Can anyone tell me the definitive answer please?

Thanks!

Offline zslane

Re: Poker 3: can Alt/Fn/Pn/Ctrl be reprogrammed?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 17:18:59 »
Fn and Pn can not be programmed on any layer. I have submitted a request for this feature for the very reason you state: to turn them into arrow keys.

Keep in mind that FN+IJKL are arrow keys by default.

Offline pauld

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 09:54:24 »
Thanks for confirming what I thought was probably true.  It will be interesting to see if your request is met: for the time being I've decided to go with the Filco Minila instead and stick with software mapping because I really have not grown to love the Fn key approach to the arrows - I can live with Fn for pretty much everything else but I obviously use the arrow keys more than I realised.

Offline kelchm

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 15:39:39 »
Hmm, Can't you use DIP Switch 4 to move the FN and PN buttons somewhere else?

Offline zslane

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 15:49:05 »
Ah, I see that remark in the documentation. But I see no explanation of how to move FN or PN once SW4 is set.

Offline Malenky

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 18:20:42 »
Fn and Pn can not be programmed on any layer. I have submitted a request for this feature for the very reason you state: to turn them into arrow keys.

Keep in mind that FN+IJKL are arrow keys by default.

Press right alt + space bar. You now have an arrow cluster on PN/FN/rightCTRL/right shift

Offline zslane

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 21:22:46 »
Yeah, but I want them on RAlt, Fn, Pn, and RCtrl, i.e., the bottom right modifiers.