Author Topic: [IC] EnjoyPBT Spectrum : In stock at kbd fans, soonTM for the other proxies  (Read 57007 times)

Re: [IC] EnjoyPBT Spectrum - Splash some CMYK Love !
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 17:26:35 »
I'm not sure how many folks would be interested but how would you feel about doing blank, (text-free), mods?

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 21:44:17 »
Not a big fan of the purple. Compatibility could also use some work. Looks good otherwise.

Offline fombat

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 00:20:16 »
I think a lot of people see this and are like oh how cute I love it but dang I already have black on white keycaps and so we want to buy just the colored mods. I get it's not you're ideal vision for the set but I think it's not so unique that at this point a lot in the community just want the set for what makes it different.
Lot of people have this thought.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

I doubt that looking at how people are falling all over themselves to buy black on white pbt keycaps on the secondary market. If this were to split it would be flooded with people trying to buy a WOB base kit, far out numbering the color child kit. Great for MOQ, but maybe not for OP's vision of the set. This will sell like gangbusters either way.

The secondary market is looking for them because a bunch of people already bought them and aren't selling them either. BOW is a classic and everyone wants it in their collection and all. I'm just speaking on behalf of a lot of BOW owners i imagine when I say i would really enjoy a colored mods only set. Hell i personally want to use this with WOB so there's that to. Basically if there was a colored mods kit id buy it otherwise im just kindof not interested which is totally fine

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 07:38:58 »
Kit changes are in the making process, I'll be posting them soon, thanks again for all your feedback, as always, I trully apprecieate it.
Beofre I post anything, let me just tease you  :thumb:

Offline tehfrawg

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 10:17:19 »
I know it's not the point of the set, but I would toatally buy in on a BoW set if it were included as an option

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 10:25:31 »
Kit changes are in the making process, I'll be posting them soon, thanks again for all your feedback, as always, I trully apprecieate it.
Beofre I post anything, let me just tease you  :thumb:

Show Image

Fingers crossed not to increase price alot

Offline FTR_Beat

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 21:17:50 »
Yo! Jolie!

Offline markclemmons

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 00:48:53 »
Interested

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 01:19:54 »
As others have already said, I'd love to be able to buy just modifiers since I have a few BoW sets already.

Offline danieljgrouse

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 06:11:37 »
I love this and even think the base kit is fine. Colourful mods with BoW alphas is the point and I think not compromising on that designer intention is absolutely reasonable. The only thing that's a huge turn off for me is having to potentially pay $20 for a single key if I don't want a forced mod coloured \ key. The base kit already allows for an alpha coloured ~ key not doing so for the \ key is just disappointing.

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 06:41:04 »
I love this and even think the base kit is fine. Colourful mods with BoW alphas is the point and I think not compromising on that designer intention is absolutely reasonable. The only thing that's a huge turn off for me is having to potentially pay $20 for a single key if I don't want a forced mod coloured \ key. The base kit already allows for an alpha coloured ~ key not doing so for the \ key is just disappointing.

Thanks for your comment. I get it why you don't like that "forced" key, and if I have to be honnest, I did it on purpose. I did that because IMHO it's wayyyy more good looking that way for the simple reason that each row have a special symmetry. Having the white backslash is killing the charm of it unless you go with other white keys for the other rows.

So as you said why allow the tilde to be in white ? Because a huge part of the hobby likes having the alpha colored tilde for the HHKB layout (I don't include myself in that). And also since BoW/WoB artisans, rama caps are all over the place, I'm sure some buyers would like having a WoB/BoW row 1 so in that case, it dosent kill the aesthetic of the set.

Since so few people complained about it, I think it's not a problem for the majority, once again, I'm trying to please the most amount of people possible.

I sadly can't please everyone, and at the end of the day, I hope that you understands  :thumb:

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 08:12:15 »
Thanks for the reply about RGB - even if it isn‘t positive for me  :thumb: -

Numpad and North Kit maybe ? Or demand most likely too low?

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 09:27:34 »

Numpad will join the party :)

Offline temp0321

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 12:05:48 »
Not sure if this was answered but are the alpha the same color as epbt BoW?

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 13:04:21 »

Numpad will join the party :)
:thumb:

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 13:05:55 »
Weird request, but any chance we get alternative wob kit? Like a "dark" kit or is ePBT still not doing reverse dyesub?

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #66 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 13:48:28 »

Nope it's not, the white of BoW is "very white" if you allow me to say that, it's almost too white for my taste.
This white as you can see in the sample is "less white" lol.
It's the white used in GMK olivia if i'm not mistaking !

Weird request, but any chance we get alternative wob kit? Like a "dark" kit or is ePBT still not doing reverse dyesub?

I would definetly have love to offer that ! But I had to make a choice between a dark mod kit and a white mod one.... I chose the white one :) (oops I teased too much)
For a second round i'll definetly do it tho if this set is apprecieate by a decent amount of persons  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 April 2020, 14:08:46 by EnjoyMyInSec »

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 13:56:41 »

Nope it's not, the white of BoW is "very white" if you allow me to say that, it's almost too white for my taste.
This white as you can see in the sample is "less white" lol.
It's the white used in GMK olivia if i'm not mistaking !

I would definetly have love to offer that ! But I had to make a choice between a dark mod kit and a white mod one.... I choosed the white one :) (oops I teased too much)
For a second round i'll definetly do it tho if this set is apprecieate by a decent amount of persons  :thumb:
Thanks! Love your designs man.

Offline noodleman

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 15:17:58 »
are the homing keys barred only?  Please no bar + scooped F/J please!

Offline honoka

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 15:58:06 »
i would very much love at least basic iso compatibility. personally i dont care much about a numpad though.

but people, try to voice your interest and what you would like to see. this is actually an IC where interest is checked...compared to other ones that are just for promotion

Offline Geten123

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 16:10:49 »
are the homing keys barred only?  Please no bar + scooped F/J please!

+1

It sucks - especially on silent switches. Makes them sound very non-silent.
Also I would hate for my ISO friends to miss out on this great set. ne iso avail?

Offline raptorzoz

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 18:21:38 »
iso ples

Offline raptorzoz

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 18:22:02 »
also numpad

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 18:44:14 »
i would very much love at least basic iso compatibility. personally i dont care much about a numpad though.

but people, try to voice your interest and what you would like to see. this is actually an IC where interest is checked...compared to other ones that are just for promotion

I am the opposite and want numpad but dont need ISO. BUT, I am down for physical compatibility (what like 6 keys?) to help my ISbrOs out.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 18:49:22 »
I am the opposite and want numpad but dont need ISO. BUT, I am down for physical compatibility (what like 6 keys?) to help my ISbrOs out.

Four, five if you want to include an accent enter.

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #75 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 20:28:41 »

Four, five if you want to include an accent enter.

Even better! I can't imagine 5 keys costing that much to add and its make or break on physical compatibility. I would be ok with that in the base set to keep child kits down.

Offline Nonnegaard

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 11:16:41 »
With electrophoresis white becoming so popular, I would personally like to see some changes:
-Full WoB modifier compatibility in the Additive Synthesis kit.
-WS2 or at least WS1, CP is practically beige.
I know a lot of people like the set the way it is, these are just suggestions:)
Aeon, TGR Jane V2, Dolphin 2021, Gherkin, Model M, 5°, NCR80, M0110-A

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 12:12:32 »
With electrophoresis white becoming so popular, I would personally like to see some changes:

thats just epbt bow at that point. The point of using CP was to keep it looking like OG cherry

Offline Nonnegaard

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 17:49:44 »
I don't care? I already said I understood his choices, it was just what I would do if I was in charge. However, I am not, and I already said that. I know that it is designed to resemble OG cherry, but why TF are we making it ePBT when GMK literally owns the old Cherry molds? Let's make it GMK if you want OG Cherry! Clearly, you aren't criticising choosing ePBT over GMK. Weird. I don't get why you are so obsessed about making it so close to the OG. If people want ePBT BoW all over again, what the f#ck is the point in not giving it to them? "Well, it wasn't what I envisioned, and it isn't true to the OG set". OK, now you have made a set that looks OG without any white mods and a beige colour for the alphas. What did that give you? A lower sales count and an unsatisfied community. Nice one, lad...
Aeon, TGR Jane V2, Dolphin 2021, Gherkin, Model M, 5°, NCR80, M0110-A

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 18:21:04 »
I don't care? I already said I understood his choices, it was just what I would do if I was in charge. However, I am not, and I already said that. I know that it is designed to resemble OG cherry, but why TF are we making it ePBT when GMK literally owns the old Cherry molds? Let's make it GMK if you want OG Cherry! Clearly, you aren't criticising choosing ePBT over GMK. Weird. I don't get why you are so obsessed about making it so close to the OG. If people want ePBT BoW all over again, what the f#ck is the point in not giving it to them? "Well, it wasn't what I envisioned, and it isn't true to the OG set". OK, now you have made a set that looks OG without any white mods and a beige colour for the alphas. What did that give you? A lower sales count and an unsatisfied community. Nice one, lad...

Chill, friend. It's also a question of aesthetics. I personally think it works better with warm off-white / beige alphas than it would with pure white.

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 21:21:00 »

Instead of fundamentally altering the design of this set why not just reach out to Wei for another run of BOW?

Offline OscarPapa

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 06:07:39 »

Instead of fundamentally altering the design of this set why not just reach out to Wei for another run of BOW?

Like this: https://kbdfans.com/collections/new-arrival/products/epbt-x-gok-bow-keycaps-set

It just came to store.

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 06:59:36 »

Like this: https://kbdfans.com/collections/new-arrival/products/epbt-x-gok-bow-keycaps-set

It just came to store.

Dang now he doesn't even need to ask Wei!

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 11:32:35 »

First of all you gotta chill man. I don't know what's wrong with you but keep it civil, nobody said something wrong to you if I read correctly.

Second, I already said in older posts that I added the white modifiers compatibility and I'm certainly adding an Iso kit so why do you even cry ?

Yeah it's not WS1 or 2 and so what ? the OG sets use L9, I just think CP is more modern and is way better looking than those colors (WS1/2).
Do I care about the "sales count and an unsatisfied community" ? I don't give a ****, I don't know who you are but I'm doing myself and the people that enjoy it. If I cared about the money I'd be running a set every month don't you think ?
I'm doing it because I think it's a decent Idea, and I just like it, and apparently others do aswell, and that's all that matters !

On top of that, ofc I can't satisfy everyone, but I can guarantee you that I'm doing my best to take in consideration all criticisms you guys made, because even if I loved the way the kits were, I also have to think about you and that's what I'm doing at the moment by re-arranging all the kits  :thumb:

I'd like to discuss one more thing, the debate ePBT/GMK thing.
I'd give you the point that to make it 100% "OG" I should have use GMK yes. But considering that sets that are running at the moments will be delivered in 2021, and all the upcomming sets, I just don't want to bring my thing to the huge queue that already exist.
That way people can have a similar experience, have the set faster and cheaper.

Samples will be recieved soon guys, I can't wait to show you guys some nice pics aswell as the new kits ! I'd like to take the time to make them as good as I can, and reveal the whole thing together !

Take care,
Enjoy

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 11:39:47 »
Didn't cherry also have OG pbt keycaps? I thought the split was gmk has the old abs molds and another company got the pbt molds.

Offline Patates

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 23:46:45 »
Hey just a question, on the KBDfans page, the images shows a delete key in R4 next to arrow key in 65% layout. However on the Base Kit page there is no delete key. Are you planning on having one?

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 15:22:48 »
Can we get some 40's love for these? Love the colors man!

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 08:40:34 »
Hey just a question, on the KBDfans page, the images shows a delete key in R4 next to arrow key in 65% layout. However on the Base Kit page there is no delete key. Are you planning on having one?

Probably a mistake made by him, you're right, I won't offer this key :)

Can we get some 40's love for these? Love the colors man!

we'll see :)

« Reply #88 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 13:26:17 »
take my money  :thumb:
cool and good

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 23:32:21 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 April 2020, 09:57:55 by Slayer77 »

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
Re: [IC] EnjoyPBT Spectrum NEW KITS ARE HERE !
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 07:09:36 »
Okay, I heard you guys, you wanted more compatibility, full white modifiers etc, so here we are with new kits for the set !

The kits are now the following :

The base kit offers great compatibility by covering the standard ANSI layout, Tsangan, HHKB, and WKL.

I decided to add full white modifiers as you guys asked, aswell as alice support with an extra B in the kit.

- Yes, this is better as an extra kit and I don't want to have white modifiers in the base kit.
- No 2.U shift ? No because no.
- Will it be expensive ? No.

You guys were right, the lack of orange spacebars was definetly something I could fix so I added them aswell as colored arrows and alice spacebars.

Numpad support for the many people that messaged me about it, so here it is.

Finally, the ISO Kit. I really didn't want to put this kit in my set but the ISO community was so nice to me that I couldnt refuse.
However I don't offer Norde support at least for this round (unless something crazy happen).

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 07:41:28 »
Show Image

The base kit offers great compatibility by covering the standard ANSI layout, Tsangan, HHKB, and WKL.

Please add R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn for 65%/75% boards. More people use those keys than 1.5u Supers.

Show Image

I decided to add full white modifiers as you guys asked, aswell as alice support with an extra B in the kit.

- Yes, this is better as an extra kit and I don't want to have white modifiers in the base kit.

What about 2u space for Alice users?

Show Image

Num Lock is currently the only key in the set that has a two line legend. You could change it to Num so it matches the rest of the set better. Also, consider adding a R1 = key for standalone numpads and boards that use split +.

Show Image

Finally, the ISO Kit. I really didn't want to put this kit in my set but the ISO community was so nice to me that I couldnt refuse.
However I don't offer Norde support at least for this round (unless something crazy happen).

I would suggest using R3 \|, R4 <> instead of R3 #~, R4 \| since it's better suited for small, basic ISO kits like this.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 April 2020, 07:47:47 by konstantin »

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 08:49:49 »
Updated kitting looks awesome. I only ask that you clarify with Epbt/Kbdfans that the smaller spacebars are all ocnvex (should be possible since simpleja had them). The amount of color options in the spacebar kit is awesome! Thanks for adding a numpad too.

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 09:25:53 »
I would like to apologise to the designer as I may have gone too far. Enjoy the set guys, it looks amazing.

« Last Edit: Thu, 23 April 2020, 09:57:27 by Slayer77 »

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 09:40:38 »
Lol. Rude seems like a stretch. And it makes sense not to have separate color mods or no one would buy the base. As for Alice compat, hot take, but I'd rather see less Alice clones anyway...

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 10:02:32 »
Show Image

Please add R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn for 65%/75% boards. More people use those keys than 1.5u Supers.

Show Image

What about 2u space for Alice users?

Show Image

Num Lock is currently the only key in the set that has a two line legend. You could change it to Num so it matches the rest of the set better. Also, consider adding a R1 = key for standalone numpads and boards that use split +.

Show Image

I would suggest using R3 \|, R4 <> instead of R3 #~, R4 \| since it's better suited for small, basic ISO kits like this.

1. Not a fan of that tbh.
2. For 2u Alice users can use the numpad 2u key for example.
3. Yep It can be change for the num, I'll see what i'll do about it.
4. Thanks a lot for that comment, if most ISO users think the same I'll prob change it accordingly, I was hesitating on that so no problemo for me.

Offline Hopeye

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 10:06:43 »
Any chance of an R3 control key?

I like the CP white choice. That would make it closer to pristine than minimal or bleached right?

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
[IC] EnjoyPBT Spectrum NEW KITS ARE HERE !
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 10:32:01 »
Any small spacebars? D:
i'm in the same boat, I'm a 40% to 50% MKB user & would love a compatible colored 40% to 50% mod kit if possible now........or later. It's a beautiful keyset!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nuclear Nachos

• Anima and Animus
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 11:11:36 »
Any chance somebody could photoshop/render/color edit this onto a navy board? want to see how it would look

Offline FTR_Beat

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 11:21:07 »
Love the update bro!

How about a full orange modifier kit with esc and ~` keys also? It would be completely awesome =)
)

Thanks!