Author Topic: [GB] (COMPLETED!) Nantucket Selectric  (Read 450093 times)

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
Ah mannnnn I remember adding 4 1U blanks but now they don't show up :(
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline IrPOWERranger

Re: [GB] (CLOSED) Nantucket Selectric - Modern Selectric Goes Sailing!
« Reply #351 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 12:53:09 »
I got updated pricing for 500 sets of the Base TKL set, and that cost to us is down to $82/set.

Sorry to be a cheapskate, but on my invoice the TKL set is showing up as $85, not the $82 you state here. In addition, Speciality is showing up as $32, despite it hitting the 250MOQ to bring it down to $30.

Any reason for this? Thanks

Offline skullydazed

• Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard
Re: [GB] (CLOSED) Nantucket Selectric - Modern Selectric Goes Sailing!
« Reply #352 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 13:40:48 »
I got updated pricing for 500 sets of the Base TKL set, and that cost to us is down to $82/set.

Sorry to be a cheapskate, but on my invoice the TKL set is showing up as $85, not the $82 you state here. In addition, Speciality is showing up as $32, despite it hitting the 250MOQ to bring it down to $30.

Any reason for this? Thanks

Sorry about the mistake! I put the $82 in the 1000 MOQ column (my system requires it) and not the 500 MOQ column. I've fixed that.

The specialty keys thing comes down to that set teetering really close to the edge, and an anonymous benefactor who committed to reach 250. I didn't account for that situation properly in my invoicing system. I've set the lower MOQ to the same price as the 250 MOQ.

I'll be issuing refunds to anyone who paid too much. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Offline Durahk

How are the payments being processed on clueboard.co (Stripe, etc)? I usually think twice before entering credit card details into a website that just POSTs to itself instead of a third party.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
How are the payments being processed on clueboard.co (Stripe, etc)? I usually think twice before entering credit card details into a website that just POSTs to itself instead of a third party.

I have a merchant account with authorize.net. This is hosted on a dedicated server with no other apps that has been locked down. Your information isn't stored anywhere, it's only sent to authorize.net and then discarded.

Offline Durahk

I have a merchant account with authorize.net. This is hosted on a dedicated server with no other apps that has been locked down. Your information isn't stored anywhere, it's only sent to authorize.net and then discarded.

Sounds like you know what you are doing, then. :)

Offline Armstrong01

PayPal fee: in the email it's calculated right, adding 4%. On the email link/website the PayPal column has a 4.82% fee. Could you please fix that before enabling the PayPal method? Thanks! I presume it's not only my order, but a mistake in the formula in the web table..
Planck | Pok3r ISO-UK | Ducky Premier ANSI-US

Offline pwade3

Invoice paid!

Gonna be a long wait for this set haha

Offline Glenmael

Paid good sir! :)

Offline krisst

PayPal fee: in the email it's calculated right, adding 4%. On the email link/website the PayPal column has a 4.82% fee. Could you please fix that before enabling the PayPal method? Thanks! I presume it's not only my order, but a mistake in the formula in the web table..

For paypal 4% fee, I am getting 4.41% fee instead.

Was unable to pay using credit card. Tried multiple cards, kept getting "Error: Credit Card Billing Address Mismatch!" error.

Guess I have to wait till things are sorted out.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard

For paypal 4% fee, I am getting 4.41% fee instead.

Was unable to pay using credit card. Tried multiple cards, kept getting "Error: Credit Card Billing Address Mismatch!" error.

Guess I have to wait till things are sorted out.

The 4% fee was an approximation so you didn't have to do a lot of math. As it turns out, I should have double-checked that value before I sent out invoices, because I accidentally used that as the paypal fee percentage and not the 3% I meant to. I said 4% initially because there's a per-transaction fee to account for too. Thank you for checking my math and catching this early while it's still easy to fix. :)

For those of you who want to see how the math works out, paypal charges a $0.30 transaction fee. On top of that they charge 2.9%. So when you send me $100, PayPal actually gives me $96.80. That means to get the full amount to send to Signature Plastics, I need to collect enough money after fees have been paid out. The formula looks something like this (courtesy of njbair):

Code: [Select]
                       take_home = merchant_fee - (merchant_fee * 0.029) - 0.30
              (take_home + 0.30) = merchant_fee - (merchant_fee * 0.029)
              (take_home + 0.30) = merchant_fee * (1 - 0.029)
(take_home + 0.30) / (1 - 0.029) = merchant_fee

I pad these numbers a tiny amount to avoid being caught by surprise, since there are fees associated with certain unusual situations. These are the numbers I use in my code:

paypal_fee = .4
paypal_percentage = .03
cc_fee = .25
cc_percentage = .022

And for the programmers out there, this is the code that actually calculates the fees:

self.paypal_fees = round((self.total + paypal_fee) / (1 - paypal_percentage) - self.total, 2)
self.cc_fees = round((self.total + cc_fee) / (1 - cc_percentage) - self.total, 2)

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
International Credit Cards
« Reply #361 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 16:35:31 »
By far the most frequent question I've received is "Why did I get an Address Verification Error?" I checked my bank and it's right!

If you are in the US or Canada, please double check your address. It should work fine.

If you are somewhere else in the world, your bank may not support the AVS system my CC processor uses. I have been talking to them about whether I can disable that check in some cases, but it's not yet clear how that will impact my processing fees. If it falls within my margin of error I'll be able to make this work for you.

For everyone, if you can't get CC payments to work you will soon be able to use Paypal, which has an entirely different fraud prevention system so this won't be a problem.

Thanks for your patience and understanding as I learn more about our Credit Card system than I ever thought I'd need to know.

Offline Hellcatz

Anyway I can still get into this gb? I can't believe that I missed it.

Offline dunglefinker

Paid super early this morning before work! I'm so unbelievably excited for this drop, this is my endgame keycap set!

Offline TheBestUkester

Bummed the red 2U didn't make it for my planck, but I think I can live.

Paid this morning.

Offline Xiro7

Paid this morning. Thanks for putting this GB together. Amazing set!

Offline crovax3000

aww yee, all paid up. I can't wait for this set.

Offline Saimeidae

Paid the **** out of my invoice. Hell yeah skully, you're the best. So excited, just need a keyboard to put NS on ;)

Offline geo462rge

damnit, i havent logged in due to work.  if there is anyone who is no longer interested or if there is a way to get on this group buy PM me.  thanks!

Offline Hispes

• ISYMFS
damnit, i havent logged in due to work.  if there is anyone who is no longer interested or if there is a way to get on this group buy PM me.  thanks!

You must have been really busy.

Regardless, this will be available in his store after the shipments this summer.  It will cost more, but you'll be able to get it.

Offline PikKirby

• cawcaw
It's finally happening!  ;D

I'm pretty sure I joined the GB but I haven't recieved an invoice yet.

I've sent a PM as well skullydazed. Hope I can get this sorted out. Thanks!

Offline Armstrong01

The 4% fee was an approximation so you didn't have to do a lot of math. As it turns out, I should have double-checked that value before I sent out invoices, because I accidentally used that as the paypal fee percentage and not the 3% I meant to. I said 4% initially because there's a per-transaction fee to account for too. Thank you for checking my math and catching this early while it's still easy to fix. :)

Cool, np. Thanks for correcting the PayPal fee percentage base, it looks much better now that the total fee doesn't exceed the 4%. Also thanks for giving us an insight into your code, the transparency is great and I enjoy reading code.)

Will pay once PayPal is enabled.

Offline JadedRabbit

Paid! Can't wait for this to ship.  :)

Offline RichieRo

Paid! Thanks!!

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
Re: [GB] (Invoices Sent!) (INTL CC Fixed!) Nantucket Selectric
« Reply #374 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 19:58:10 »
I have some exciting news for international buyers! I've finally worked out with my processor the details of AVS and what I can and can't accept without impacting my rate. Long story short, it should now work for most of you. If you are still getting Address Verification Errors it means your bank does support AVS and that the address you're providing does not match.

If you're outside the US and you were not able to pay before, try it again and it's 85% likely it will work for you now.

I've also added the authorize.net verified seal to the page, for anyone who was concerned about providing their details to an unknown card processor.

Offline tstackhouse

• Bloghouse
« Reply #375 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 20:01:11 »
Thanks skully! Any word about AMEX?

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #376 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 20:26:08 »
Thanks skully! Any word about AMEX?

If you're gonna use Amex you should wait for PayPal.

Offline smart5088

« Reply #377 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 21:24:34 »
strings are what color?

this is  WV?

RGB(218, 212, 196)(#dad4c4)

Offline Howser

« Reply #378 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 01:59:36 »
i misstyped my email in the order -.-
luckily skullydazed was able to correct it :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 March 2016, 02:03:18 by Howser »

Offline salasource

« Reply #379 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 02:21:44 »
If you're outside the US and you were not able to pay before, try it again and it's 85% likely it will work for you now.
It did work now, thanks :)

Offline kenshinjeff

« Reply #380 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 02:22:02 »

It's working for me now, thank you : )

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #381 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 02:23:52 »
strings are what color?

this is  WV?

I apologize, I'm not sure what you're asking here. These are the colors in the set and their approximate hex equivalent:

* Yellow- #ffdc68
* Blue- #112546
* Red- #a40214
* Cream- #fffeee

Offline Armstrong01

« Reply #382 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 03:34:41 »
strings are what color?

this is  WV?

I apologize, I'm not sure what you're asking here. These are the colors in the set and their approximate hex equivalent:

* Yellow- #ffdc68
* Blue- #112546
* Red- #a40214
* Cream- #fffeee

I wonder why deskthority has Signature Plastics WV as #dad4c4, much greyer than #fffeee. Maybe because those are unofficial readings? I didn't find anything else so I believed it. To me it's great news if the cream is rather more gentle/creamy.) w/e, you have the plastic samples in person so I believe you picked it best!

Offline GaM3 Is H4rD

« Reply #383 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 08:36:31 »
Yeahhh!
I can pay now and just did.
Thanks you!!
Now sit down and wait for this awesome keycap set landing.

Offline MX

« Reply #384 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 09:52:41 »
Paid  :D
Thanks for an awesome set Skully!

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #385 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 12:51:15 »
I wonder why deskthority has Signature Plastics WV as #dad4c4, much greyer than #fffeee. Maybe because those are unofficial readings? I didn't find anything else so I believed it. To me it's great news if the cream is rather more gentle/creamy.) w/e, you have the plastic samples in person so I believe you picked it best!

I don't claim that the codes I list are at all accurate, just that those are the values I use on the payment page. :) To my eyes and on my (by eye, software) calibrated IPS monitor neither color is very close to the color chip. Color is funny that way.

Offline AgentZen

« Reply #386 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 13:59:41 »
Well I am certainly ready to pay once paypal gets set up. Thank you skullydazed, you sure seem to be putting a lot of work into this group buy and I know we all seriously appreciate it. Thankfully I just got my Modern Selectric set today so I hope the waiting and anticipation for this set doesn't get to me too much.
KUL ES-87 w/ Clears (GMK Hyperfuse) | Working on: Custom 60% w/ 65g feelios (BSP blanks)

Offline begemotz

« Reply #387 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 16:52:39 »
me too.. just waiting for paypal :thumb:

Offline krisst

« Reply #388 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 17:03:17 »
Paid, I think. Sent email, please reply to email once you checked that amount is received. Thank you!

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
Re: [GB] (INTL CC Fixed!) (PayPal Live!) Nantucket Selectric
« Reply #389 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 19:56:29 »
Paypal is now live!

Some of you may have tried to use paypal before I got all the kinks worked out, but PayPal is now live and ready for use. Please let me know if you run into any issues.

Offline tstackhouse

• Bloghouse
« Reply #390 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 21:54:42 »
Paypal is now live!

Some of you may have tried to use paypal before I got all the kinks worked out, but PayPal is now live and ready for use. Please let me know if you run into any issues.

Paid!  Thanks for all you're doing for this skully! ~<3

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #391 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 00:32:58 »
Paid  :thumb:

Offline jaesen

• holy ****, this hobby is expensive
« Reply #392 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 02:07:17 »
Hopefully my payment went through this time with paypal :)

Thanks again for doing this - can't wait to see them in person!
KBD8x mkii | Duck Orion v2.5 | Satisfaction 75 | IRON165 | Aurora Input Series 65 | Vega | LZ Phase

Wishlist: Constellation

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #393 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 02:25:54 »
Thanks for sorting the PayPal option out :)

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #394 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 07:20:57 »
Just paid!

Offline Jolikki

« Reply #395 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 08:28:10 »
Woop woop! I got debitated two times despite the address verification error. Check your balances :)
Also, did you guys get a receipt by email after the payment were complete? Because I didn't, and if so my money will bounce back in a couple days. :/
"I would stand in line for this" - Moby

Offline pattulus

• RocketINK
« Reply #396 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 10:54:02 »
Woop woop! I got debitated two times despite the address verification error. Check your balances :)
Also, did you guys get a receipt by email after the payment were complete? Because I didn't, and if so my money will bounce back in a couple days. :/

It sounds like your credit card isn't compatible. To my knowledge there should be no more verification errors if it works. Also, when you visit the billing URL you received, it should be marked as paid.
At one point I also thought I paid twice until my CC company booked the money back. After the INTL CC Fix it worked and I got forwarded to the confirmation page.

As for the invoice, here's the official information:

You will be invoiced for shipping after the keysets have been manufactured. This is estimated to be June or July of 2016.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
Re: [GB] (INTL CC Fixed!) Nantucket Selectric
« Reply #397 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 12:14:52 »
I'm sorry guys, I had to turn paypal off again. The plan we came up with to solve this problem isn't working out.

Here's the basic problem: I have to get $90,000 over to Signature Plastics before they'll consider the order placed. I can collect about $20,000 through PayPal before they take notice and decide to put the money into a reserve account that I can't touch. We thought we could get around that problem by running it through my Authorize.net merchant account, but that turns out to not be the case.

So, here's where I turn to the community to help. I need 4-5 trusted community members to act as proxies. They will receive money for orders, and in turn send that over to Signature Plastics. If you would like to volunteer for this please PM me. I will only be considering people who have been with the community for some time.

Credit Card payments will remain enabled in the meantime. If you are concerned about purchase protection, most credit cards allow chargebacks for 6-12 months after purchase. Some of them don't start counting until the product is supposed to be delivered (so your 6 months starts in July.) Check with your bank to see what protections you have.

Offline pattulus

• RocketINK
« Reply #398 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 12:48:01 »
@skullydazed Just thinking loud, but maybe implementing Stripe (https://stripe.com) would be another solution. Their fees are reasonable and their API is very good.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #399 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 13:16:32 »
@skullydazed Just thinking loud, but maybe implementing Stripe (https://stripe.com) would be another solution. Their fees are reasonable and their API is very good.

I'm already offering credit card through authorize.net. A lot of people just like to use paypal. :)

Thanks for the suggestion, if people trust stripe more than authorize.net I can look at switching.