Author Topic: [IC] KAT Napoleonic | GB LIVE  (Read 36080 times)

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Re: [IC] KAT Napoleonic - Alpha Support for 21+ Languages | GB Nov 2020
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 07 September 2020, 14:49:49 »
As you mention in a previous paragraph, your basal documentation is Microsoft's implementations of the layouts... but the problem with this is that Microsoft does NOT implement the layouts 100% up to spec. Many of the layouts they implement have been altered — most of the time, it's innocuous additions (like adding the euro symbol to AltGr-5 on most European layouts), but some times they have made rather serious mistakes (like flipping the vertical bar and the broken bar in the Swiss layouts).

Regarding the µ symbol, the German and (old) Dutch layouts have it, but the Nordic layouts in general (Danish, Norwegian, Swedish/Finnish, plus derivatives) do not. Microsoft added it anyway to those layouts, and this DOES count as yet another innocuous addition, but it still isn't in the specs (and according to the Gospel of Saint Myself, this means the symbol should not be printed on the keycap, because muh spec, d00d).

Microsoft specs are also specs :D

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 07 September 2020, 17:02:19 »
As you mention in a previous paragraph, your basal documentation is Microsoft's implementations of the layouts... but the problem with this is that Microsoft does NOT implement the layouts 100% up to spec. Many of the layouts they implement have been altered — most of the time, it's innocuous additions (like adding the euro symbol to AltGr-5 on most European layouts), but some times they have made rather serious mistakes (like flipping the vertical bar and the broken bar in the Swiss layouts).

Regarding the µ symbol, the German and (old) Dutch layouts have it, but the Nordic layouts in general (Danish, Norwegian, Swedish/Finnish, plus derivatives) do not. Microsoft added it anyway to those layouts, and this DOES count as yet another innocuous addition, but it still isn't in the specs (and according to the Gospel of Saint Myself, this means the symbol should not be printed on the keycap, because muh spec, d00d).

Microsoft specs are also specs :D

Except when they don't bother to document their stuff (which happens exceedingly often).

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 07 September 2020, 17:34:51 »
Except when they don't bother to document their stuff (which happens exceedingly often).

It's actually documented quite well — if you don't mind using their layout previewing “tool” that looks like it was last updated in 1995 :P

Edit: Aaand it appears that it's currently broken. GG. Here's a raggedy-ass screenshot of what it looks like when it's working:

« Last Edit: Mon, 07 September 2020, 17:39:01 by konstantin »

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 07 September 2020, 19:33:48 »

It's actually documented quite well — if you don't mind using their layout previewing “tool” that looks like it was last updated in 1995 :P

Edit: Aaand it appears that it's currently broken. GG. Here's a raggedy-ass screenshot of what it looks like when it's working:

Show Image

And when it's working... it shows their layouts' implementations as they stood in Windows 8. I've caught at least two differences already between what those pages say and what the actual implementations in Windows 10 do.

I'm ⇒ ⇐ this close to replacing all references to microsoft.com in favor of kbdinfo's.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 07 September 2020, 19:46:56 »
And when it's working... it shows their layouts' implementations as they stood in Windows 8. I've caught at least two differences already between what those pages say and what the actual implementations in Windows 10 do.

I'm ⇒ ⇐ this close to replacing all references to microsoft.com in favor of kbdinfo's.

For anyone wanting to seriously look at keyboard layouts on Windows straight from the source (or, rather, the DLL file), I would recommend downloading KbdEdit. The free version has everything you need, and probably a lot more.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 10:15:48 »
I've made significant revisions to the alpha kits and will update the opening post accordingly:

Album: https://imgur.com/a/twLqZuV

As mentioned previously, I'm working off of the implementations of these keyboards provided by Microsoft Windows 10.  Where noted, I'm using Magic Utilities as my primary documentation for Apple layouts.  I am not using Linux-specific layouts at this time.

Also, not all AltGr or Shift-AltGr characters may be displayed for a given keyboard and are sometimes omitted for cost/compatibility reasons.

Wellington (English (UK)): R2 #~ is missing the secondary \ and | symbols. OR, better, the other copies of the #~ unduly have them. The actual English (UK) layout doesn't place backslash and pipe in the tertiary and quaternary layers for the movable keycap — it's an addition by Microsoft's implementation.
Mentioned previously, this isn't changing.  The AltGr \| symbols are applied to keys which would be used in an ANSI/HHKB layout.

Waterloo (English (US, international)): the S keycap should have § in the upper right corner.
Corrected in latest draft.

Uhlan (combined Polish and Lithuanian): the difference between lowercase tertiary legends (Polish) and uppercase quaternary (Lithuanian) comes off as odd.
Revised alongside other layouts that simultaneously display (1) multiple languages and (2) AltGr characters for one of the languages.  Lithuanian characters are shown in red and remain in the top-right corners to help further distinguish them from the yellow Polish AltGr characters.

Murat (Spanish and Italian):
- Spanish (Spain): 1!| , 2"@ , 4$~ are missing.
- Italian: supports Italian (141), but that layout was deprecated long ago in favor of Italian (142). The curly braces are missing (but don't fix that! Go 142 instead).
- Make a note stating that this set supports Spanish (Spain), not Spanish (Latin America)... or Iberoamerican Spanish, for that matter.
All AltGr characters were omitted from this kit to avoid compatibility conflicts across Italian, Italian 142, Italian Apple, Spanish, and Spanish Apple layouts.  Description of image amended to note that this supports European Spanish.

Marie Louise (French Apple and Belgian): if this is intended to support Belgian on Windows, there are too many errors. Looks like it's meant for Apple only, but it's not clear from the description. I can't find Belgian on Windows support in other kits.
Significant corrections were made to this kit.

João VI (Portuguese):
- 4$ should be 4$§ ; 7/ and 0= are missing the curly braces.
- Make a note that this set supports Portuguese (Portugal), not Portuguese (Brazil).
Set notes that it is implemented for European Portuguese. Additional optional keys for 4, 7, and 0 are now provided.

Bernadotte (Danish, Norwegian, Swedish/Finnish, "etc."):
- Plain M (without µ) is missing (Nordic layouts in general don't use it).
- Danish is missing ◌́◌̀|  and <>\
- Estonian (if supported) is missing '?\ , Ä◌̂ , , <>|
- Faroese (if supported) is missing ◌́◌̀| , <>\ , Ø◌̂ , Å◌̈ , Ð◌̃
- Icelandic — too many keys missing; it's obvious it's not supported.
- Swedish/Finnish: <>| and +?\ are missing.
Multiple corrections here. Faroese and Estonian are both supported, but with some AltGr legends missing. An additional M key without mu was added.
Icelandic is not supported as it has too many differences from these layouts to fit into a single kit.

Act of mediation (Swiss):
- R3 "!] - note the first character is supposed to be ◌̈ , not a quote sign.
- 4ç° and 5%§ : the degree and section signs are not part of the Swiss layout (they're part of MS' ****ty implementation).
- Note the placement of | and ¦  (again, a problem of MS' ****ty implementation).
The double-quote was indeed incorrect and has been replaced with an umlaut.
The remaining notes here may be implementation-specific, but they appear to be correct according to both Apple's and Microsoft's implementations. Things like the swapped pipe/bar characters are staying as-is since only Linux seems to follow the official government-endorsed standard.

Chateauguay (Canadian BILINGUAL):
- The corner key is #|\ — the forward slash is out of place there.
- 1! is missing ± in the tertiary corner.
- 2"@ - check those corners!
- Missing tertiaries from 3/ up to =+ , all R3 keys from O onwards and R2 keys from ;: onwards.
- R1 «»Ù is actually «»°. Tertiaries missing from M onwards.
This has received multiple adjustments.  It is now a set combining both Canadian Multilingual and Canadian French. CF legends that differ from CM are shown in red. AltGr legends for CM are provided where space allows.

Other changes have occurred with the remaining alpha kits. The Doppelkaiser kit replaces Illyria; it is now a combined South Slavic / Hungarian kit in much the same pattern as Chateauguay and Uhlan.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 September 2020, 10:22:17 by NoPunIn10Did »

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
Full description of 08 September updates:

Vendors
HEX Keyboards has joined on as our Southeast Asia vendor.

Alphas: Error Fixes & Minor Tweaks
    Act of Mediation
    Alexander
    Austerlitz
    Bépoleon Nonaparte
    Karađorđe
    Marie Louise
    Pondicherry
    Sequoyah
    Waterloo

Alphas: Combined Language Redesigns
In the kits below, gold still represents AltGr sublegends for the primary language. Red represents the primary legends of the alternate language.
Alpha kits where two languages are displayed simultaneously, but neither displays AltGr characters, are still slated to use the gold coloration for all sublegends.
    Chateauguay – Canadian Multilingual & Canadian French
    Doppelkaiser – South Slavic Latin & Hungarian (replaces Illyria)
    Uhlan – Polish & Lithuanian (will now differ from render)

Alphas: Other Substantial Updates
    Bernadotte – Added several keys to provide correct AltGr legends, particularly with regard to the <> key.
    João VI – Some legend updates. Clarified in description that this is the European Portuguese layout.
    Murat – Removed all AltGr legends in order to expand compatibility to the Italian 142 layout. Clarified in description that this is the European Spanish layout.

Core Mod Updates
    Various Russian Green – The 1u version of Backspace is now “Back” instead of “Bksp”.
    Various French Indigo – The translations for “Lower” and “Raise”have been updated to “Dimin” and “Augm”
    Ortho – Four of the 1.5u keys that were convex are now R2 for better Iris/Corne support. A couple 1u blanks in R2 were also added.
    Forties – Major updates to kit contents, particularly for spacebars.
    Ergo – Lower/Raise are now R2 to make them usable on the thumb clusters if desired. Two 1u convex blanks were added.

Miscellaneous Kit Updates
    Mac & Vortex kit is now back to being just a Mac kit, and its contents were reduced significantly to make it more affordable.
    Spacebars kit – Major updates to kit contents.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 September 2020, 14:42:10 by NoPunIn10Did »

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
KAT Napoleonic: Updated Renders & New Alphas

We are less than eight weeks from the KAT Napoleonic Group Buy, which starts November 9th. I have new renders and alphas to share, including support for JIS, ANSI-JP, Eurkey, and Latin American Spanish.

Render Updates
The post has been updated with new and revised render images. You can also see these on imgur or on the official KAT Napoleonic site.

New : the Abacus numpad by SomeGreekGuy (unreleased). Shown with the Austrian White numpad kit and the Minard deskmat.
Updated : the Boardrun by Shensmobile. These renders now show the most up-to-date version of the Uhlan alpha kit, with the Lithuanian legends now shown in red.

Alpha Kit Revisions
Based on survey responses and other feedback, three new kits have been added.
  • Nagasaki
    • Japanese JIS & ANSI-JP layouts
    • Katakana sublegends in gold
    • Compatible with the standard US layout.
    • 3u spacebar included for JIS.
    • Fullwidth / Half-width key included for JIS in all three colorways.
  • Blücher
    • Eurkey versions 1.2 & 1.3
    • Compatible with the standard US layout.
  • Agustina
    • Spanish (European & Latin American)
    • Replaces the Murat kit
The Austerlitz and João VI alpha kits have been sidelined at this time due to lack of interest.

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
This will break Keyreative.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
You mean because of the kit count, or something else?

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
24 September Updates

This week, I have a few short updates to share.

Artisans

Update 30 October: The artisan collaboration has been cancelled.  See my post below.

I am happy to announce a collaboration with Divine Studios.  They're a newer face in the custom artisan scene, and they specialize in aluminum and titanium keycaps.  They will be producing a mould to match KAT R4, and I should have a sample to photograph some time before the GB starts.

Clothing & More

I am partnering with Keeb Nerd to design official Napoleonic merchandise, including three button-down shirts based on the three colorways: French Indigo, Russian Green, and Austrian White.  Samples are *en route* to my house, and I should be able to get some photos sooner than later!  I am also pursuing other types of merchandise like coffee mugs based on the deskmat designs. 

Some of these items will become permanent fixtures in Keeb Nerd's shop, but I'll be able to share discount codes that are valid during the GB.  Those will be announced in my Discord server (https://discord.gg/vasBGfZ).

Deskmats & Mousepads

I have been in contact with a mat manufacturer that can produce the standard 900x400x4 mm mats with stitched edges.  Additionally, they can offer other sizes as well as aluminum mousepads.

The following two designs are planned for the 900x400x4mm deskpads.  At least one of them will be made in a smaller size as well (probably 600x300x4 mm).

Minard

• This is an adaptation of a famous map by Charles Joseph Minard.
  • It shows the drastic change in the size of Napoleon's forces during his invasion of and retreat from Russia in 1812.
  • It is one of the most famous data visualizations in history.

Tolstoy

• This contains an excerpt from the first chapter of the Russian text of Leo Tolstoy’s *War and Peace*.
  • In it, characters from the Russian aristocracy switch between French and Russian as they discuss Napoleon, Austria, and politics of the early 19th century.

« Last Edit: Fri, 30 October 2020, 13:30:36 by NoPunIn10Did »

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
Re: [IC] KAT Napoleonic | 21+ Languages | Titanium Artisan | GB Nov 2020
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 11:05:10 »
30 September Update:
The British Navy Sails Forth!

By far, the most requested change to KAT Napoleonic, per survey data, has been the addition of more mainstream English language modifier legends using the French Indigo colors. In order to satisfy this popular request, KAT Napoleonic now includes one kit with an alternate uniform: British Navy.

The British Navy kit provides an alternative TKL Mods kit using the same primary mod color as French Indigo, but with a more mainstream approach to modifier legends. Its primary mod colors are the same as French Indigo, and it is compatible with the French Indigo Numpad kit for full-size boards.

The British Navy kit is intentionally slimmer than the other TKL mods kits on offer and does not provide the same range of compatibility; its pricing will reflect this.

This brings the total kit count for KAT Napoleonic to 40.

Conone by kindakeyboards. Wellington alphas with British Navy Alt TKL Mods. Render by manzel.

Icon-Only Ortho Mods Update

Additionally, the Ortho Mods kit in French Indigo has been updated to use an icons-only legends scheme.  This was also frequently requested on the survey, and while it breaks with the French Indigo uniform a bit, it does make sense from a simplicity perspective when all the legends are on 1u keys.  I'm planning on leaving the design of the Russian Green ortho mods (english text with icons) as-is, however.

Kitting is more-or-less finalized now.  I am still willing to hear further suggestions, particularly from the survey, but drastic changes are unlikely moving forward.

Offline ..//dexx

Re: [IC] KAT Napoleonic | New BRITISH NAVY kit & renders | GB Nov 2020
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 15:36:39 »
I really love this idea. Most especially the Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell names for alphas. I don't use Colemak or Dvorak but I'm tickled by the reference.

Offline Cave

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 16:14:30 »
Love the British Navy Kit!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 20:11:58 »
The amount of thought that went into this set is truly impressive.  Fantastic job.

It might be too late, but I have a couple comments regarding the Jonathan Strange kit currently supporting Colemak (including DH & DHm), Asset, Norman, & Workman layouts.
  • By adding R2 homing A, the QGMLWY layout would also be covered.
  • If you don't want to add QGMLWY support, the R3 M can be removed.  QGMLWY needs it, but none of the currently-listed layouts do.
  • Only two additional keycaps are needed for Wide mod: R3 apostrophe/quote and R2 right bracket/right brace.  Wide mod works for any of the supported layouts.

Carpalx QGMLWY info -->
More

Wide mod info -->
More

Separately, please consider adding one more kit to support the Dvorak layout.  For example, two separate alt-layout kits were in the KAT Space Cadet set earlier this year.  The order ratio was approximately 60%/40%
  • Colemak/DH/DHm/Wide-mod kit: 32 orders
  • Dvorak kit: 23 orders
KAT Space Cadet's ISO kit orders for reference:
  • UK: 26
  • North: 20
  • French: 7
  • South: 4

Both KAT Space Cadet kits -->
More
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=105375

Colemak/DH/DHm/Wide mod

Dvorak

Edit: added KAT Space Cadet kit pics
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 October 2020, 20:43:42 by dvorcol »

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 10:40:11 »
The amount of thought that went into this set is truly impressive.  Fantastic job.

It might be too late, but I have a couple comments regarding the Jonathan Strange kit currently supporting Colemak (including DH & DHm), Asset, Norman, & Workman layouts.
  • By adding R2 homing A, the QGMLWY layout would also be covered.
  • If you don't want to add QGMLWY support, the R3 M can be removed.  QGMLWY needs it, but none of the currently-listed layouts do.
  • Only two additional keycaps are needed for Wide mod: R3 apostrophe/quote and R2 right bracket/right brace.  Wide mod works for any of the supported layouts.

Carpalx QGMLWY info -->
More

Wide mod info -->
More

Separately, please consider adding one more kit to support the Dvorak layout.  For example, two separate alt-layout kits were in the KAT Space Cadet set earlier this year.  The order ratio was approximately 60%/40%
  • Colemak/DH/DHm/Wide-mod kit: 32 orders
  • Dvorak kit: 23 orders
KAT Space Cadet's ISO kit orders for reference:
  • UK: 26
  • North: 20
  • French: 7
  • South: 4

Both KAT Space Cadet kits -->
More
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=105375

Colemak/DH/DHm/Wide mod
Show Image

Dvorak
Show Image

Edit: added KAT Space Cadet kit pics

There's already a standalone Dvorak kit; its thematic name is Mr Norrell.

I'll look into the details you mentioned for the Colemak kit.  I've sent my diagrams off for estimates, so I have to be careful about future alterations.  I seem to remember the M was needed somewhere.

Update: I have confirmed that the M is left over from when the kit originally supported QGMLWY.  So I will need to tweak kit contents.  I was hoping there would be a quick 1:1 change I could make to support wide mod, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 October 2020, 10:58:35 by NoPunIn10Did »

Offline marshskitow

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 11:03:05 »
What you are doing is great man. Colors are lovely. I love it.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 19:36:31 »
Sorry, I totally missed the Mr Norrell kit.  Thank you for taking the time to consider Wide mod support.

GLWGB!

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
08 October Update: Revised Vendor List

I am excited to announce that Ashkeebs has replaced our previous primary Canadian vendor. Fancy Customs, a new vendor based in Chile, will be bringing KAT Napoleonic to the South American market.

Welcome to the team!

Offline Sandy

• Formerly cogitoergofemme
  • Sandy - Peach Tray Maker
    • the peach · studio
Are the extra kit options related to the napoleonic wars or period or are they just because? If they are related it seems odd to me to include some of these and name it after an imperialist
🍑C11🍑KWA.6🍑GPK60 47-GR1RE🍑Vast60🍑Rose60🍑EHKB🍑Viktus Sinne🍑Boop65🍑Jelly60 Pro🍑Fuji65🍑Ginkgo 65🍑S7.7🍑Treasure Type-9 II🍑Thermal R2🍑Jelly 60🍑

Offline cecioclock

Is it please please possible to have a just text modifier set for all colors, please? Or even one?
I am really distracted by the split arrows and can’t focus on the beauty of the alphas QQ.
A lovely set with amazing font choice—a text mod set would definitely highlight the font so much more and almost make the board feel like a page of a book.

100/10 recommend

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
You mean because of the kit count, or something else?

That was tongue in cheek.  ;D
But that is a huge number of sets.
You've done an incredible job on this! I'm glad to see depletedvespene's input as well helping refine this.
I can definitely see this being a template for MANY future key sets.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
Is it please please possible to have a just text modifier set for all colors, please? Or even one?
I am really distracted by the split arrows and can’t focus on the beauty of the alphas QQ.
A lovely set with amazing font choice—a text mod set would definitely highlight the font so much more and almost make the board feel like a page of a book.

100/10 recommend

It's a bit far along to make changes that drastic.  What type of board were you going to use with it?

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
Are the extra kit options related to the napoleonic wars or period or are they just because? If they are related it seems odd to me to include some of these and name it after an imperialist
The set is named after the Napoleonic period, and many of the alpha kits are named after persons, places, and events of historical significance to the period.  The context gets discussed, at least in part, here:
https://katnapoleonic.com/kat-napoleonic/#background

Offline cecioclock

100/10 recommend

It's a bit far along to make changes that drastic.  What type of board were you going to use with it?

Aw man. I joined Geekhack too late :( Was going to use a TKL, or at least a 75%.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
We got official quotes from Keyreative last night. The vendors and I are working through pricing now.

This means that the list of kits and the total number and sizes of keys in each kit, is essentially final. I can and will make corrections to mistakes spotted in individual keys, but I won’t be doing anything that impacts overall kit composition.

So this means that the Colevrak kit ends up with a bonus M, I guess, unless someone can think of a better use.

Update: I figured it out! The superfluous R3 M in the Colemak+ kit can be replaced with an R1 J key, thereby adding QWPR support.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 October 2020, 20:56:10 by NoPunIn10Did »

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
**Official Pricing now on Wordpress**
Approved keycap kit prices for US / EU are now available.  They are viewable on Wordpress or in the table below.

Code: [Select]
                                       | zFrontier | MKUltra  | myKeyboard | Ashkeebs |HEX Keyboards|Fancy Customs|
---------------------------------------| (China)   | (USA)    | (Europe)   | (Canada) |   (SE Asia) | (S. America)|
ALPHAS                                 |       USD |      USD |        EUR |      CAD |         SGD |         CLP |
---------------------------------------|-----------|----------|------------|----------|-------------|-------------|
Default US English - Jefferson         |   $ 34.00 |  $ 32.00 |    € 36,00 |  $ 42.00 |     $ 44.00 |    $ 27.290 |

Belgian & Apple French - Marie Louise  |   $ 38.00 |  $ 36.00 |    € 40,00 |  $ 48.00 |             |             |
BÉPO - Bépoleon Nonaparte              |   $ 34.00 |  $ 32.00 |    € 36,00 |  $ 42.00 |             |             |
Canadian French - Chateauguay          |   $ 34.00 |  $ 32.00 |    € 36,00 |  $ 42.00 |             |             |
Cherokee - Sequoyah                    |   $ 34.00 |  $ 32.00 |    € 36,00 |  $ 42.00 |     $ 44.00 |             |
Colemak - Jonathan Strange             |   $ 42.00 |  $ 40.00 |    € 44,00 |  $ 54.00 |     $ 58.00 |             |

Dvorak - Mr Norrell                    |   $ 38.00 |  $ 36.00 |    € 40,00 |  $ 48.00 |     $ 51.00 |             |
EurKEY - Blücher                       |   $ 34.00 |  $ 32.00 |    € 36,00 |  $ 42.00 |             |             |
French for Windows - Joséphine         |   $ 34.00 |  $ 32.00 |    € 36,00 |  $ 42.00 |             |             |
German - Metternich                    |   $ 34.00 |  $ 32.00 |    € 36,00 |  $ 42.00 |             |    $ 27.290 |
Hungarian & South Slavic - Doppelkaiser|   $ 34.00 |  $ 32.00 |    € 36,00 |  $ 42.00 |             |             |

Japanese - Nagasaki                    |   $ 42.00 |  $ 40.00 |    € 44,00 |  $ 54.00 |     $ 58.00 |    $ 33.690 |
Nordic - Bernadotte                    |   $ 38.00 |  $ 36.00 |    € 40,00 |  $ 48.00 |             |             |
Polish & Lithuanian - Uhlan            |   $ 34.00 |  $ 32.00 |    € 36,00 |  $ 42.00 |             |    $ 27.290 |
Russian - Alexander                    |   $ 38.00 |  $ 36.00 |    € 40,00 |  $ 48.00 |     $ 51.00 |    $ 30.490 |
South Slavic Cyrillic - Karađorđe      |   $ 34.00 |  $ 32.00 |    € 36,00 |  $ 42.00 |             |             |

Spanish - Agustina                     |   $ 38.00 |  $ 36.00 |    € 40,00 |  $ 48.00 |             |    $ 30.490 |
Swiss - Act of Mediation               |   $ 34.00 |  $ 32.00 |    € 36,00 |  $ 42.00 |             |             |
Tamil - Pondicherry                    |   $ 34.00 |  $ 32.00 |    € 36,00 |  $ 42.00 |     $ 44.00 |    $ 27.290 |
UK English & Irish - Wellington        |   $ 34.00 |  $ 32.00 |    € 36,00 |  $ 42.00 |     $ 44.00 |             |
US Int'l & Netherlands - Waterloo      |   $ 34.00 |  $ 32.00 |    € 36,00 |  $ 42.00 |             |    $ 27.290 |
---------------------------------------|-----------|----------|------------|----------|-------------|-------------|
CORE MODS
TKL Mods - French Indigo               |   $ 72.00 |  $ 67.00 |    € 73,00 |  $ 90.00 |     $ 98.00 |    $ 57.690 |
TKL Mods - Russian Green               |   $ 72.00 |  $ 67.00 |    € 73,00 |  $ 90.00 |     $ 98.00 |    $ 57.690 |
TKL Mods - Austrian White              |   $ 72.00 |  $ 67.00 |    € 73,00 |  $ 90.00 |     $ 98.00 |    $ 57.690 |
TKL Alt Mods - British Navy            |   $ 52.00 |  $ 48.00 |    € 54,00 |  $ 65.00 |     $ 70.00 |    $ 41.690 |

Numpad - French Indigo                 |   $ 23.00 |  $ 22.00 |    € 25,00 |  $ 28.00 |     $ 30.00 |    $ 18.490 |
Numpad - Russian Green                 |   $ 23.00 |  $ 22.00 |    € 25,00 |  $ 28.00 |     $ 30.00 |    $ 18.490 |
Numpad - Austrian White                |   $ 23.00 |  $ 22.00 |    € 25,00 |  $ 28.00 |     $ 30.00 |    $ 18.490 |

Ortho Mods - French Indigo             |   $ 42.00 |  $ 39.00 |    € 44,00 |  $ 52.00 |     $ 58.00 |    $ 33.690 |
Ortho Mods - Russian Green             |   $ 42.00 |  $ 39.00 |    € 44,00 |  $ 52.00 |     $ 58.00 |    $ 33.690 |
Ortho Mods - Austrian White            |   $ 42.00 |  $ 39.00 |    € 44,00 |  $ 52.00 |     $ 58.00 |    $ 33.690 |

Forties Mods - French Indigo           |   $ 51.00 |  $ 47.00 |    € 52,00 |  $ 64.00 |     $ 70.00 |             |
Forties Mods - Russian Green           |   $ 51.00 |  $ 47.00 |    € 52,00 |  $ 64.00 |     $ 70.00 |             |

Ergo Mods - French Indigo              |   $ 58.00 |  $ 55.00 |    € 59,00 |  $ 74.00 |     $ 80.00 |             |
Ergo Mods - Russian Green              |   $ 58.00 |  $ 55.00 |    € 59,00 |  $ 74.00 |     $ 80.00 |             |
MISC
Spacebars                              |   $ 30.00 |  $ 28.00 |    € 32,00 |  $ 37.00 |     $ 40.00 |    $ 24.090 |
Novelties                              |   $ 38.00 |  $ 35.00 |    € 39,00 |  $ 47.00 |     $ 51.00 |    $ 30.490 |
Mac Kit                                |   $ 21.00 |  $ 20.00 |    € 23,00 |  $ 26.00 |     $ 28.00 |    $ 16.890 |
Blank Ergo Ortho Kit                   |   $ 56.00 |  $ 52.00 |    € 57,00 |  $ 70.00 |             |             |

Madness Kit (also sold by g Heavy)     |   $ 47.00 |  $ 44.00 |    € 49,00 |  $ 60.00 |             |             |

NOTES

- Shipping & Handling charged separately for all vendors, except for zFrontier (orders over 100 USD).
- Prices for myKeyboard & Fancy Customs include VAT.  Prices for HEX Keyboards include GST.
- Prices for MKUltra, zFrontier, g Heavy, & Ashkeebs exclude sales tax (where applicable).
- Ashkeebs allows customers to pay in USD or CAD.  USD prices for Ashkeebs match those from MKUltra.
- Fancy Customs allows customers to pay in USD or CLP.  USD prices for Fancy Customs match those from zFrontier.
- HEX Keyboards allows customers to pay in AUD, USD, GBP, EUR, or SGD (auto-calculated).
- g Heavy Industries will act as an additional vendor for the Madness Kit only (priced at 60 CAD).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 October 2020, 11:17:49 by NoPunIn10Did »

Offline Anthixious

My mind has tripped over itself so many times reading all these chats and updates. I haven't seen a more complex keycap set to ever debut, this is nuts. Needless to say, I'm kinda geeking out from all the different concepts.

Offline harlekein

Can't wait to join the GB and wait for another year to put these on my board  :p

Offline ..//dexx

Nice. Potentially $99 for a base set. :thumb:

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
Nice. Potentially $99 for a base set. :thumb:

Or as low as $80 for a typical 60/75/TKL, depending on the compatibility you require.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
I regret to inform you that for a variety of reasons, the previously announced titanium artisan has been cancelled.  After receiving the sample, I am not confident enough in the end result to sell it alongside KAT Napoleonic, particularly given its price point. As a result, the artisan will not be sold.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
Possible Delay

I regret to inform you that there is a chance KAT Napoleonic’s GB start may be delayed by a few days or more. Our sole contact with Keyreative has gone completely absent for several days, and he hasn’t replied to certain urgent messages in weeks. I’m worried that he’s seriously ill, grieving, imprisoned, or worse.

I will announce as soon as I know more. There’s a nonzero chance that he’ll show up at the last minute, and everything can move forward as expected after that.

Offline mytommy

really upset theres no artisan collabs for this gb

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
really upset theres no artisan collabs for this gb

It was disappointing for me to have to cancel that.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
Possible Delay

I regret to inform you that there is a chance KAT Napoleonic’s GB start may be delayed by a few days or more. Our sole contact with Keyreative has gone completely absent for several days, and he hasn’t replied to certain urgent messages in weeks. I’m worried that he’s seriously ill, grieving, imprisoned, or worse.

I will announce as soon as I know more. There’s a nonzero chance that he’ll show up at the last minute, and everything can move forward as expected after that.

KAT NAPOLEONIC IS A GO!!! WOOHOO!!!

We will probably have some hiccups getting everything up-and-running, but we should not be as delayed as I feared! Hurrah for last-minute conflict resolution!

Offline hvontres

• Buckling Spring Enthusiast - Full Size Evangelist
Sorry if I missed this somewhere in this thread, but do you have a rough schedule at this point?
Henry von Tresckow

1986 Model M 1390131, 1987 Model M 1391401 , 1993 Model M2 Modded Reddragon k556(Test Mule) Boston Prototype x2 (Daily Drivers :) )

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
Sorry if I missed this somewhere in this thread, but do you have a rough schedule at this point?
The plan is still to launch November 9th.  In my timezone, that starts in about three minutes.

Because of the far more urgent issues (that were only just resolved a few hours ago), some of the management of logistical issues pertaining to listing the items on the vendors' sites were tabled.  As a result, the first day may be a bit rocky in terms of who is actually up-and-running and when.  I will post as I know more.  I will also post an official GB thread here on Geekhack when we have most or all of the major vendors online.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
The Group Buy is now live in Europe on mykeyboard.eu and in Southeast Asia on HEX Keyboards

Other vendors are still working to get listings live, and we're still working to get the custom USB cables posted too.  I will continue to post updates here until I have the Group Buy page officially live here on Geekhack.

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
Can't wait! Love the French mods/theme!

Offline Domantas

Dude you added Lithuania love it XD At last there is a set with Lithuanian letters. Napoleon loved Kaunas (Kowno) XD

Offline Galk

• Send help
This should work with a 65 one block chase right?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Collecting pennies to afford keyboards.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
Dude you added Lithuania love it XD At last there is a set with Lithuanian letters. Napoleon loved Kaunas (Kowno) XD

Yes!  The Uhlan kit is my personal favorite of all the US-compatible alphas.  I'm really pleased with the design, and I hope others will find the quad-color multilingual support useful for it and the two other kits like it (Canadian French & Hungarian / South Slavic Latin).

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
This should work with a 65 one block chase right?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Do you have a link to your keyboard?  The most likely answer is "yes," though there are a few spacebar sizes that KAT can't support currently.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
The KAT Napoleonic Group Buy is now live worldwide!*

I am preparing the official Group Buy post for here on Geekhack and should have that up shortly.

KAT Napoleonic Preorders Open!

* Except for Fancy Customs (Chile) & g Heavy Industries

Be sure to check out the peripherals, including Deskmats and Coffee Mugs.  Vendors in Europe and the Americas are also selling custom USB cables in limited quantity, so get them while they last.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key