Author Topic: I need a low-viscosity liquid that will harden into a white solid  (Read 1349 times)

Offline THX1138b

I need a low-viscosity liquid that will harden into a white solid
« on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 08:48:22 »
I have a small hobby project in which I'm printing some keyboard keycaps with an SLA 3D printer with the intention of filling in an inset legend with some kind of paint or resin which will harden in a contrasting colour (white since the SLA resin is black) but I don't know exactly what to use. The spaces I fill will be really small so I need to use something with low viscosity which I can inject with a (blunt, narrow needle) syringe and it will self-level and harden very slowly so I have time to inject about 70 characters in total. I know two-part resins are available but I don't know their viscocity or if there are more suitable alternatives. Can anyone advise a suitable material available in small quantities for this purpose?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: I need a low-viscosity liquid that will harden into a white solid
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 10:25:19 »
I don't know the answer beyond a high-quality paint, but, fortunately for you in this situation, with the infill below the primary surface level, you won't see it wear "off" like pad printing does. Your main concern will be whether it chips or flakes "out" of the cavity.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Tactile

Re: I need a low-viscosity liquid that will harden into a white solid
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 11:01:46 »
I don't know if any of them are available in white but one of these would probably be a good choice. By varying the mixture you can control the speed of set.
REΛLFORCE