Author Topic: Any suggestions for a new wireless headset?  (Read 1757 times)

Offline P3TC0CK

Any suggestions for a new wireless headset?
« on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 18:29:00 »
Alas, my trusted Logitech H600 is starting the fall apart. The plastic threading that holds the ear buds is coming out and everything in it is starting to get a bit loose. It's lasted me a good 2 years even with the cheap plastic body.

I've used this thing for skype calls, gaming, and generally anytime I've needed a mic and its served me well. I've considered buying another to replace it, but I'm not sure if I want to stick with the same headset if there are better models available.

What I'm looking for: small 2.4 ghz wireless adapter (prefered), able to fold up, good microphone, and better build quality. I prefer on ear headsets as I like to hear what is going on around me when I use a headset, my AKG 172 HD headphones are what I use when I don't need a headset and those block out noise perfectly fine.

Any suggestions? I'd like to stay under or around 100 USD. The receiver must be portable, this is meant for use outside of the home in gaming cafe/LAN settings.
petcock
[pet-kok] 
noun
1. a small valve or faucet, as for draining off excess or waste material from the cylinder of a steam engine or an internal-combustion engine.

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
Re: Any suggestions for a new wireless headset?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 18:48:35 »
I love my Vengeance 2100 headset. You should give it a try.

Offline P3TC0CK

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 19:13:08 »

I'm interested in it, but I've heard a lot of complaints about "white noise" coming from the headsets. Did you experience anything like that? I'm a bit afraid to make a purchase of a headset in case I need to RMA them if that is a really common issue.

Also how is noise cancellation? I actually wouldn't mind sound leaking in, as  Iwant to hear what's going on around me most of the time. Or at least the ability to shift an ear piece out of the way to listen to my friends for an extended period.
petcock
[pet-kok] 
noun
1. a small valve or faucet, as for draining off excess or waste material from the cylinder of a steam engine or an internal-combustion engine.

Offline hyorinpoppy

• gk
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 07:41:37 »

It's that I'm reading, I feel that all people should know it. Because it is close to us, I think. I think I'm reading, I will not have any knowledge about this, it does.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 10:50:50 »

I've heard good things about those headsets.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 09:35:33 »
As an audiophile I've never been very satisfied with a wireless headset =(
Most of them have interference and you can't upgrade them by upgrading a dac or amp like you can with regular headphones

Offline P3TC0CK

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 14:23:54 »
Most of them have interference and you can't upgrade them by upgrading a dac or amp like you can with regular headphones

I have a wired pair of headphones for music. There is a time and place for each type of headphone/headset and the ability to be on a group call and then mute your mic and go to the restroom and not leave the conversation/stop listening to music is really something else  :thumb:
petcock
[pet-kok] 
noun

Offline tbc

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 20:24:11 »

I have a wired pair of headphones for music. There is a time and place for each type of headphone/headset and the ability to be on a group call and then mute your mic and go to the restroom and not leave the conversation/stop listening to music is really something else  :thumb:

i really would not say that on headfi, that would get you an insta ip ban.

but you're completely correct ;)
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.