Author Topic: [IC] sorbothane (ULTRA-soft polyurethane) landing pads!  (Read 17463 times)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
[IC] sorbothane (ULTRA-soft polyurethane) landing pads!
« on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 19:55:37 »
Folks,

Ever since Ray suggested this in the dampening mat thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=53792.msg1218289#new

I've been talking with a sorbothane app engineer about the possibility of making small landing pads out of 30 OO sorbothane.

1) what is sorbothane?

sorbothane is a an extremely soft, almost gel-like polymer elastomer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorbothane

it is unusual in that it is extremely soft, but has _excellent_ material memory, which means that although it deforms significantly when compressed, it nearly always returns to its original shape as long as the compressive load was not absolutely gigantic.

2) how would it be different from silicone rubber or natural rubber as a landing pad?

well, for one, it is very difficult to make a rubber that isn't actually a messy liquid gel at shore durometers down to 30 OO. here's a quick reference of what shore durometer means, as a rule of thumb:

notice that 30 OO is very close to ye olde gummy bear. yes, a sorbothane landing pad is a lot like putting a very thin gummy bear in your keycaps (but less delicious, i will admit).

3) how much will this cost?

i am currently working on shape, cost and other logistics. however, i am convinced that this item can be made, and it actually feels quite comfortable once you get the geometry, thickness and hardness right. i have samples i have been playing with and what is interesting is that, given the right geometry, you barely lose any key travel. the sorbothane deforms on a hard keypress until it is of negligible thickness and then it pops right back when you release the key.

4) what are the advantages?

it's really the same as any other landing pad, but softer. the idea is that instead of hitting a steel plate and pcb assembly when you bottom your keys out, you hit a very very soft gummy bear that acts almost like a helper spring; this "bottom out helper spring" makes your landing soft, but more importantly, it will react to continued pressing by pushing back very lightly instead of immediately squishing to minimum thickness like silicone or natural rubber.

5) great! i'm sold! let's make these!

unfortunately, there is a problem. the smallest standard size part that sorbothane, the only manufacturer of this material, makes is a 0.5x0.5x0.1" square. i've taken some of these, poked holes in the middle and at this size they are _far_ too large for landing pads. i have been talking to them about tooling up a new tiny mold (won't work), cutting via waterjet (too expensive), and various other things. at the moment, the manufacturing technique they feel is most likely to work is die-cutting large thin sheets. however, we very rarely have items die-cut on GH, and short of moz's die-cutters in india, we don't really have any access with good, inexpensive die-cutting.

6) how can i help?

if you know someone with a very small inexpensive waterjet setup or a die cutting press that will churn out landing-pad sized shapes (from my experiments i'm thinking somewhere around a 0.35" square with a simple pin-hole in the middle. this would work well with the 0.1" material i have samples of. 1mm thin material could be a more traditional 0.4 or 0.45" square, or even a more standard 5/8" OD 3/32" ID o-ring).

that said, i have no idea how popular o-rings and landing pads are these days. i suspect these would be killer with clears or high spring rate blacks, and the thinner material would be perfect for very low spring rate linear switches, like red with 40g-ish springs.

i suspect that they would also feel pretty darn good on topre boards, since the low spring rates on topre switches make bottoming out much more likely.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
Re: [IC] sorbothane (ULTRA-soft polyurethane) landing pads!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 20:07:06 »
I'm intrigued.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 20:27:30 »
Yes please! :D

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 20:45:48 »
Will these feel more mushy or mushier compared to rubber o-rings?
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 21:03:01 »
I'm so down! How would this compare to memory foam though?
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 21:41:03 »
memory foam and sorbothane are in the same family of visco-elastic polyurethanes. the major difference is that sorbothane has been formulated use this property to absorb energy and memory foam is constantly being reformulated to get rid of it as quickly as possible (mattress so warm yerrrgh)

as such, sorbothane is about an order of magnitude denser than memory foam. a memory foam o-ring would be largely air (so much so that i suspect it's very difficult if not impossible to cut most memory foam formulations into shapes that small).

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 22:00:00 »
So basically, it's not super duper firm, yet it absorbs a lot more energy (in this case, from bottoming out)?
I've never used landing pads or o-rings, so I haven't had a chance to experience softer bottoming out.
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 22:19:53 »
I'm very interested. O-rings are fine but they drastically alter the bottom-out feel. Would these sorbothane landing pads have less of an impact in terms of feel?

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 22:32:30 »
what do you mean by feel?

you can think of a sorbothane pad as a spring with a reasonably high spring rate. that's what i meant by helper spring. so, let's say you have a 40g/mm coil spring in your switch and a landing pad that's 2.5mm thick at rest. key travel is 4mm. for the first 1.5mm, the force needed to push the key down is a constant 40g. at 2.5mm from bottom, the spring rate will initially jump to about 100g (this is very back of the envelope from numbers i threw around with the app engineer), and for the next 1.5mm of travel, the rate will climb from 100g/mm to about 500g/mm until it asymptotically approaches infinity. that's the major difference between sorbothane and silicone rubber or rubber landing pads. they tend to deform very little (the deformation is what's causing the effective spring rate to change), and hence don't have this progressive feel at bottom-out.

now, 2.5mm is the thickest we might go. i have played around with the 2.5mm material and it's ok if you seriously slam your keys down. it will progressively stop your finger without a jarring sort of feel (this is what my understanding of o-rings and landing pads are supposed to do). the other possibility is 1mm thick material, which has the same hardness properties, but is much thinner, so the spring rate will climb that much faster (from 100g to 500g in 1mm instead of 2, but the tradeoff is that you get more space in whcih the very soft coil spring is the only resistance).

interestingly, non-progressive helper springs are often used to soften bump-stop hits (basically the same as bottoming out, but in a car suspension. most of the time, the large spring dominates, but when the large spring on your strut or damper is completely compressed, the helper spring takes over with a higher spring rate. it's a binary progressive compound spring basically.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 February 2014, 22:34:18 by mkawa »

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 22:33:49 »
What color will the sorbothane landing pads be?

I'm just thinking of how these will work with LEDs and backlight keycaps.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 22:35:34 »
sorbothane only comes in black, and it's DENSE. 80lbs/ft3. you are not going to be able to see an LED through this. that said, if we diecut, we can cut around the led-sped, or you can manually punch a hole out with a pin and fit your led in there.

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 22:37:17 »
I was under the impression that once Sorbothane has been deformed, it will retain that shape quite well. In our case, it would mean that it would be slow to recover and that the second key press on the same key will land on a far more depressed piece of Sorbothane. Key presses are sort of frequent so I don't think it will be very suitable for this application but I will keep track of your testing.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 22:42:27 »
it's a non-newtonian material like most visco-elastics. the deformation recovery rate and ultimate compression set depend on the shape factor of the material. check out the design guide: http://www.sorbothane.com/Sorbothane-Design-Guide101409.pdf

short answer: you can up the natural frequency by varying the geometry of the part, IF that's what you want. it is visco-elastic, but at such small sizes, the shape factor and other geometric design guidelines can flip with very small change in one dimension.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 22:47:12 »
sorbothane only comes in black, and it's DENSE. 80lbs/ft3. you are not going to be able to see an LED through this. that said, if we diecut, we can cut around the led-sped, or you can manually punch a hole out with a pin and fit your led in there.

Ah...I'll stick to clear/translucent white o-rings on my backlight keyboard but I'm still interested to try these out.  I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the feel you described. :))

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 03:01:04 »
Interested.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 05:57:41 »
Interested

Offline nexus

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 09:08:30 »
Interested.

Offline JayKthnx

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 09:32:43 »
quite interested.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 19:12:17 »
found a die-cutter. prices look reasonable. going to have some samples cut and probably make a small experimental run

Offline JayKthnx

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 21:18:32 »
let me know if you need a beta tester! :D

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 21:21:22 »
I'm curious if this material would be suitable for the "trampoline mod."  It sure sounds like it'd dampen the key impact, perhaps in conjunction with lengths of o-ring inside the stem...

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 21:22:41 »
i actually have no idea what the trampoline mod is. checking that thread out..

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 21:31:47 »
oobly's little rubber die spring is a helper spring that's internal to the stem housing. the problem with combining the two is that rubbers are basically all on the shore A scale and we're looking at putting 30 or 40 OO material on the keys here that engage at basically the same place that the 50-60A rubber would be engaging. the rubber die spring is going to _dominate_ the spring force.

another way to think about it that utilizes a keyboard analogy is thinking about the spring force of the rubber domes in a topre switch vs the spring force of the coil spring. the coil spring is literally only there to increase the decrease the capacitance of the assembly. the spring constant of the coil spring is an order of magnitude smaller than the spring force of the rubber dome.

note that this is a conscious design decision on tokyo press kogyo's part. they could tune the conductors below the spring to allow for much beefier springs, but they prefer that the switch have the force curve that the domes give. coil springs, especially the nested spring types they use, tend to be high force and digressive when used as actual springs, whereas domes are low force and progressive until they give way (due to air entrapment).

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 22:01:39 »
oobly's little rubber die spring is a helper spring that's internal to the stem housing. the problem with combining the two is that rubbers are basically all on the shore A scale and we're looking at putting 30 or 40 OO material on the keys here that engage at basically the same place that the 50-60A rubber would be engaging. the rubber die spring is going to _dominate_ the spring force.

another way to think about it that utilizes a keyboard analogy is thinking about the spring force of the rubber domes in a topre switch vs the spring force of the coil spring. the coil spring is literally only there to increase the decrease the capacitance of the assembly. the spring constant of the coil spring is an order of magnitude smaller than the spring force of the rubber dome.

note that this is a conscious design decision on tokyo press kogyo's part. they could tune the conductors below the spring to allow for much beefier springs, but they prefer that the switch have the force curve that the domes give. coil springs, especially the nested spring types they use, tend to be high force and digressive when used as actual springs, whereas domes are low force and progressive until they give way (due to air entrapment).

It'll be an interesting comparison.  Yet another way to "tune" a keyboard to fit one's specific likes.   ;D

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 22:23:07 »
it will certainly be another way to tune. that said, at some point too much tuning is kind of a pathology and no longer healthy ;)

Offline Proc31

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 07:52:00 »
I'm interested.

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 08:14:38 »
Interested in this,  Sorbothane is popular stuff in hi fi circles, I replaced the front end items feet with it. It apparently has extreme sound deadening powers so may have interesting results on a keyboard. Not seen any deform permanently, but maybe theres a process to reduce that.
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 15:53:43 »
sorbothane can't absorb longitudinal waves in air aka sound waves very well, but it is _extremely_ good at dampening vibration in denser materials. because it's non-newtonian, it never pops back after being compressed without converting some of the energy that was used to compress it into heat. this is fantastic when you're trying, for example, to isolate your speakers from your desk to avoid nasty resonances or distorting reflections.

which actually brings up a good point. it's going to have the same effect on keys. the little sample i was playing around with completely eliminated the bottom-out sound of the key i put it on while leaving the faint 'click' of an MX blue.

interesting!

re: permanent deformation; i've sat around and calculated load tolerance with the application engineer and you'd have to put a lead ingot on your keyboard and stomp on it to damage the shapes we're looking at making.

Offline Jrwestcoast

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 16:33:30 »
I'm interested

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 18:06:52 »
sorbothane can't absorb longitudinal waves in air aka sound waves very well, but it is _extremely_ good at dampening vibration in denser materials....

Aye, my bad, I meant vibration deadening, sound isolation. One of the mad turntable designers claimed that his turntable had something like -85 somethings(db?) isolation, -50 from sorbothane feet and -35 from his suspension setup. its impressive stuff

.....which actually brings up a good point. it's going to have the same effect on keys. the little sample i was playing around with completely eliminated the bottom-out sound of the key i put it on while leaving the faint 'click' of an MX blue.

interesting!

I was hoping it would do something like that. It could produce the a click as it is intended, for those heavy handed of us who don't click without thud.
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 19:53:34 »
because it's non-newtonian it also makes a great spring damper. if one were to put a ring on the top of the stem's major diameter but underneath the switch top housing, it would dampen the rebound of the switch in the same way that the HHKB type-s pads do (but even more effectively). that said, if you did both the helper spring on the keycap and the damper on the top of the spring, you would give up 2mm of spring travel, minimum

actually, funny story. the first thing i tried with my small samples was to just jam it into the keycap. the key still actuated, but barely. there was like 0.05mm of travel. it was kind of hilarious. very quiet though!

Offline geniekid

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 13 February 2014, 07:35:55 »
Interested.  I've tried three different kinds of o-rings and am waiting on two incoming sets of landing pads.  All of these were <$20 for 125 dampeners, so if the price is significantly higher than 16 cents per dampener people may need more convincing.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 15 February 2014, 10:07:39 »
I'm in, if these get produced.  I'll even pay my way on a guinea pig run. This stuff is exactly what I'm looking for.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 15 February 2014, 10:46:10 »
it's really the same as any other landing pad, but softer. the idea is that instead of hitting a steel plate and pcb assembly when you bottom your keys out
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that keycaps bottom out on the underside of the stem, and not the bottom of the plate?

From my understanding, these sorbothane pads will go ontop of each switch, just like normal landing pads.
Just got a crazy idea -- what kind of sound dampening would happen if you were to cut a "skeleton-plate" of sorbothane so that the bottom of each keycap hits the sorbothane plate instead? I don't think this has ever been done in keyboard modding and I would think that it would dampen every keystroke a lot more than landing pads/orings can due to the high density and surface area coverage. The sorbothane plate would work like shelf-liner in aluminum cases, except it sits ontop of the plate & pcb. It would be able to dampen sound without affecting LEDs while being easier to install! :eek:

Very interested either way. I'd be willing to be a beta tester!
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 February 2014, 10:49:08 by Zeal »
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline tbc

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 15 February 2014, 12:08:36 »
^ trampoline mod?

put something underneath the stem so the stem never actually touches the bottom of the switch housing.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 15 February 2014, 12:33:21 »
^ trampoline mod?

put something underneath the stem so the stem never actually touches the bottom of the switch housing.

In a way, I can see how they're relatively the same. However, having varying heights of the sorbothane-plate would be easier to swap out vs opening each switch and carefully placing a rubber blocker.

Offline tbc

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 15 February 2014, 12:44:20 »
hm right, my bad.  you wouldn't have to desolder so that's a pretty big step saved. i keep thinking of building boards from scratch.

how important would it be that the material is perfectly sized though?  if it's too large and wrinkles, does that actually affect travel distance?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 15 February 2014, 12:50:22 »
hm right, my bad.  you wouldn't have to desolder so that's a pretty big step saved. i keep thinking of building boards from scratch.

how important would it be that the material is perfectly sized though?  if it's too large and wrinkles, does that actually affect travel distance?

I don't think it would be hard to get an accurate cut. From what I've read of the material, it seems fairly flexible.
I would assume that you can take a regular SS/Aluminum plate design and add 1-2mm spacing on all 4 sides.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 07:50:30 »
it's really the same as any other landing pad, but softer. the idea is that instead of hitting a steel plate and pcb assembly when you bottom your keys out
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that keycaps bottom out on the underside of the stem, and not the bottom of the plate?

good catch. hah! what i think i meant was that instead of the _slider_ bottoming out in the switch housing, the slider will float slightly because the keycap is not allowed to fully actuate (you will lose maybe 0.5mm oif travel).

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 16:58:53 »
interested.

Offline NG7

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 03:06:08 »
interested

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 22:02:01 »
got the 1mm sample sheet today. it looks good, but will have an entirely different feel and probably a different shape than the .1" sheet.. will probably make two small dies to try out shapes and then make two large full-sheet dies if everything goes well..

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 22:33:58 »
I so want to try these.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 22:34:59 »
got the 1mm sample sheet today. it looks good, but will have an entirely different feel and probably a different shape than the .1" sheet.. will probably make two small dies to try out shapes and then make two large full-sheet dies if everything goes well..

What are your thoughts on "sorbothane plate"?

Just got a crazy idea -- what kind of sound dampening would happen if you were to cut a "skeleton-plate" of sorbothane so that the bottom of each keycap hits the sorbothane plate instead? I don't think this has ever been done in keyboard modding and I would think that it would dampen every keystroke a lot more than landing pads/orings can due to the high density and surface area coverage. The sorbothane plate would work like shelf-liner in aluminum cases, except it sits ontop of the plate & pcb. It would be able to dampen sound without affecting LEDs while being easier to install!

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 22:37:56 »

Just got a crazy idea -- what kind of sound dampening would happen if you were to cut a "skeleton-plate" of sorbothane so that the bottom of each keycap hits the sorbothane plate instead? I don't think this has ever been done in keyboard modding and I would think that it would dampen every keystroke a lot more than landing pads/orings can due to the high density and surface area coverage. The sorbothane plate would work like shelf-liner in aluminum cases, except it sits ontop of the plate & pcb. It would be able to dampen sound without affecting LEDs while being easier to install!

With as soft as this stuff is I wonder if you could cut a stainless plate a touch thinner and then cut a "plate" out of this stuff to match.  And have the sorbothane "plate" sandwiched between the stainless and the cap housing.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 22:41:05 »

With as soft as this stuff is I wonder if you could cut a stainless plate a touch thinner and then cut a "plate" out of this stuff to match.  And have the sorbothane "plate" sandwiched between the stainless and the cap housing.

But then you wouldn't be able to have variable sorbothane plates (EZ swap) in thickness without desoldering. I wonder what the difference in feel would be having it placed on a plate vs sandwiched in between plate+switch.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 19 February 2014, 00:29:05 »
one would go about making that sheet differently than o-rings or square pads, and it would have to be specific to the plate design. also i'm not really sure what it gets you that o-rings don't..

Offline Lengradde

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 11:58:11 »
Very interested.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 16:14:19 »
learned some interesting stuff about designing for sorbothane. couple drawings going back to the board.. the 1mm thick is going to take some creativity..

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #49 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 23:28:58 »
I’m curious whether sorbothane landing pads will work for Alps switches, and if so whether their effect is pleasant. So I bought a couple sheets of 1mm sorbothane from ebay. We'll see what can be done with the stuff cutting out shapes w/ a utility knife, in a few days.