Author Topic: Logitech G305 mouse USB receiver hard to pull out of receptacle or just me?  (Read 14717 times)

Offline Scoox

Just got a G305 wireless mouse, so far I'm extremely satisfied with it. The only odd thing I've noticed, considering how beautifully designed and built it is, is that the USB nano-receiver is kinda hard to pull out from its storage slot because it doesn't have a flange around the top, and there isn't enough room for me to get a good grip on it even with my non-sausage fingers. Just wondering if other people have noticed this or is it just my mouse? If it's normal I'll just stick some tape on it to function as a pull-out tab.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 January 2020, 02:19:52 by Scoox »

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
At least it has a slot for it, the Anywhere 2 mouse doesn't.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
At least it has a slot for it, the Anywhere 2 mouse doesn't.

just drill some holes and stick it in the bottom.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
Just got a G305 wireless mouse, so far I'm extremely satisfied with it. The only odd thing I've noticed, considering how beautifully designed and built it is, is that the USB nano-receiver is kinda hard to pull out from its storage slot because it doesn't have a flange around the top, and there isn't enough room for me to get a good grip on it even with my non-sausage fingers. Just wondering if other people have noticed this or is it just my mouse? If it's normal I'll just stick some tape on it to function as a pull-out tab.

Smh just hammer it

Offline Scoox

The sticky tape did the trick. Still, it's a pretty stupid design. The mouse is OK overall but the various design flaws start to show after a while, this is just the first one I noticed.

Offline chale_moore

Wireless USB always create issue.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Wireless USB always create issue.
No, they do not.
Stop buying garbage mice and stop spreading this BS, lag and stability really hasn't been an issue on Logitech (and a few others) for a VERY long time.

Dongle placement is the most common problem people have. Range claims are line of sight, it really should be as close as possible (I recommend less than 2 feet) and certainly not the back of the case or monitor since those are purposely designed to block radio signals.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Natalia259

I am using Logitech but it's not good for regular work.

HP or Dell is far better.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
The lowest end Logitech stuff is pretty much always white label Chinese garbage, I don't even need to look that up to know it's most definitely very low end Logitech.
And no Dell is not better or better or worse, everything bottom end is this way, the Dell and HP you are comparing to is not bottom of the barrel. I've seen HP and Dell that are every bit as horrible as that Logitech.

Low end stuff is almost always white label because it's cheap and allows then to use the same parts on multiple keyboards, they just change the shell a bit and screen a different name on them. 10 minutes on Ebay and amazon I bet you could find 4 other keyboards with that exact basic shape and curve across the bottom keys, pretty sure I've used the HP (or Emachines) version of that (and yes, it sucked).
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
the USB nano-receiver is kinda hard to pull out from its storage slot

Cough.. it's been a while, no one's said it yet though, so..

// That's what She-Said //

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Re: Logitech G305 mouse USB receiver hard to pull out of receptacle or just me?
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 02:00:52 »
I had this same problem. Haha.

Like the mouse so far, though. Thanks, tp. Although, I find myself accidentally right clicking once in a while... perhaps my last mouse just had a harder click.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.