Author Topic: [GB] GMK Mercury | Collaborations now Available  (Read 188741 times)

Offline kekaiyo

[GB] GMK Mercury | Collaborations now Available
« on: Sat, 01 January 2022, 13:03:27 »

I. LIVE VENDORS
CN: KBDFans

1. KBDFans will be running from now until March 27th 2022, other vendors will start on February 25th, 2022.
2. Fulfillment dates should also be consistent with all vendors, meaning they will all ship out at the same time probably q3 2023.
3. Thank you for your support and patience with this set!

II. VENDORS

NA: Mechs & Co.
CA: Deskhero
EU: Mykeyboardeu
UK: Prototypist
OCE: Switchkeys
CN: KBDFans

III. GB DATES
KBDFans: December 22nd 2021 - March 22nd 2022
Other Vendors: February 22nd 2022 - March 22nd 2022

III. KITS

Compatibility for full size, 1800, TKL, 75%, 65%, and 60%
3 keys for 40%, an extra "B" for Alice layouts and support for F13 boards.

Spacebar kit includes support for Alice layouts and
accents and a 6u centered stem for HHKB.

R1 Periodic Symbol | Biohazard Symbol | Skull & Crossbones
R2 Conical Flask | Altimeter
R3 Alchemical Symbol | Thermometer Scale
R4 Periodic Symbol | Rhombohedron

***All novelties should be to GMK standards (0.38 fine line width)***

Novelties Explained

More
Periodic Symbol : This is the symbol that can be found on the periodic table that represents the element Mercury, its molar mass, and atomic mass.
Conical / Erlenmeyer  Flask : A common flask used in chemistry for experiments that can be used to heat or boil liquids, it is also used in titration.
Rhombohedron : This is the symbol used to represent the crystal structure of the element Mercury.
Altimeter : Although modern altimeters use what is known as an aneroid, Mercury was used in the basis and invention of barometers to sense pressure changes in the environment.
At higher altitude pressure decreases, and thus a change in the environment causes the aneroid to sense the altitude.
Alchemical Symbol : This was the symbol used to represent Hydrargyrum (Mercury) in alchemy. It is also the astrological symbol for the planet Mercury.
Thermometer Scale : Mercury is used in thermometers, however thermometers that contain a red liquid is alcohol to which red coloring has been added.

US PRICING

*Varies per Region

Base Kit | $125.00
Spacebars | $30.00
Novelties | $45.00
NordeUk | $64.00

EXTRAS

Hibi | $28.00
Deskmats | $22.00

IV. COLLABORATIONS

From Scratch Bag and Space Cables now Available

Salvun
Hibi.mx
Space Cables
From Scratch

V. RENDERS

*DISCLAIMER: Renders may NOT be 100% accurate and indicative of the final product*

SP 111 by BlindAssassin 111

U80 by Rama Works

Charlotte by Kraize

Iron 165 by Smith + Rune

Iron 165 by Smith + Rune

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

If you would like to join the mailing list please, fill out this form.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 March 2022, 12:30:32 by kekaiyo »

Offline of_sam

Re: [GB] GMK Mercury - KBDFans
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 01 January 2022, 14:17:11 »
I believe there is a mistake in your kitting renders. It looks like in both the base kit render and spacebar kit renders that there is accent only colored bars. Shouldn't the alpha colored bars be included in the base kit instead of accents?
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 01 January 2022, 16:04:53 »
I believe there is a mistake in your kitting renders. It looks like in both the base kit render and spacebar kit renders that there is accent only colored bars. Shouldn't the alpha colored bars be included in the base kit instead of accents?

this could be correct as is not uncommon, but i agree with you
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline kekaiyo

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 01 January 2022, 18:47:55 »
Ah yes should be updated soon, I fixed the spaces but it messed up the base, will reupload soon.

Offline kipawazi

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 04 January 2022, 06:56:23 »
Please, why no ortho kit? Or at least 2 1u spacekeys... I'm too sad to see all the kits that I like don't fit perfectly on my keyboards because of that...

Offline adigaforever

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 04 January 2022, 07:44:41 »
It blows my mind how long the GBs take to produce, q2 2023? So absurd
I mean a human baby is burn after 9 months even worse it's almost as long as an elephant pregnancy time

Offline kekaiyo

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 19:05:58 »
It blows my mind how long the GBs take to produce, q2 2023? So absurd
I mean a human baby is burn after 9 months even worse it's almost as long as an elephant pregnancy time

yeah I'm not sure how long it will take exactly but from what I assume it usually takes about a year from the group buy, even for sets with stock colors.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Re: [GB] GMK Mercury - KBDFans - Feb 18th Other Vendors
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 19:21:59 »
Show Image

The R3 '@ and #~ keys in the base kit should be alpha-colored, not mod-colored. They're the correct color in this render, but you should make sure they're also fixed in the base kit before this set goes into production.

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 14 January 2022, 08:27:00 »
I don't really get why the alice B is in the basekit while the alice bars have a standalone kit, either move the alice bars in the basekit and leave the spacebar kit as accent only or move the B to the spacebar kit... other than that the set is good.

Offline SdoRy

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 22 February 2022, 16:13:41 »
So what's going on exactly? It's sold out on KBDfans even though the GB should continue till the 21st/22nd of March and it should have started for the other vendors on 18th or 22nd of February (conflicting dates given by the OP), but it's nowhere to be seen.

Offline Sumikkopooh

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 24 February 2022, 04:07:18 »
So what's going on exactly? It's sold out on KBDfans even though the GB should continue till the 21st/22nd of March and it should have started for the other vendors on 18th or 22nd of February (conflicting dates given by the OP), but it's nowhere to be seen.
\

I also wonder why vendors other than KBDfans are not available for the group buy? How can I join the group buy now?

Offline Helskor

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 24 February 2022, 06:43:08 »
The discord had an announcement on the 17th that vendors were going to have this set up on the 25th of February, guess we will see tomorrow

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 24 February 2022, 10:46:53 »
Your link to mechsandco is broken.  Shows to have an extra https:// (might be missing a colon in the original https)

Offline joeyhokusai

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 26 February 2022, 01:10:49 »
Your link to mechsandco is broken.  Shows to have an extra https:// (might be missing a colon in the original https)

KBDFans link still show 404 not found. Any news on this set?

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 26 February 2022, 01:52:39 »
Hopefully the Hibi’s get made even if the set dies. Presumably some community member will update the thread because it’s not like the designer will.

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 26 February 2022, 08:43:43 »
How confident are we on this set being made?

Offline mr_foggy

Re: [GB] GMK Mercury LIVE Feb-25
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 28 February 2022, 09:23:52 »
so? kbdfans closed the GB early. no words from the other vendors. is this going to be a thing?

Offline andtar2

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 28 February 2022, 09:31:15 »
There is an error in NordeUk-kit, R4-": ;" should be "; ," instead.

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 28 February 2022, 15:52:14 »
so? kbdfans closed the GB early. no words from the other vendors. is this going to be a thing?

We're live!

Offline Al3417

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 28 February 2022, 17:42:56 »

We're live!

I think changing the vendor link to the exact GB page will be better? those links really confused me and I thought the GB was delayed again.

Offline mr_foggy

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 01 March 2022, 03:52:39 »

We're live!

great! good to know and thanks for the response

Offline Rpmorrison10

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 02 March 2022, 23:04:30 »
Hopefully the Hibi’s get made even if the set dies. Presumably some community member will update the thread because it’s not like the designer will.

Did something happen with the designer that we should know about? I’m interested in this set but not if shady things are going on

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 02 March 2022, 23:42:43 »

Did something happen with the designer that we should know about? I’m interested in this set but not if shady things are going on

Nothing shady if you dont count the lack of communication about why kbdfans ran over a month early, closed early, and the delays in all other vendors. Usually you’d want a designer or a lead vendor doing that here.

Offline juniper37559

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 03 March 2022, 23:44:34 »
I was waiting for salvun before getting this set, and there's no vendor in Asia selling this set now. I wonder why everything is not prepared and you still ran this set?

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 05 March 2022, 04:23:45 »
The designer hasn’t been on here in a week, they don’t care

Offline ThatDudeDeven

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 09 March 2022, 01:25:18 »
Man...I was really wanting to get this, but between the designer disappearing, KBDfans getting first dibs/closing early and other vendors starting late - idk wtf is going on lol.

Offline AeternusCo

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 12 March 2022, 12:15:11 »
Sad to see the set is having issues, I love the element-inspired GMK sets

Offline kekaiyo

Re: [GB] GMK Mercury UPDATE
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 12 March 2022, 19:03:07 »
Hey everyone sorry for the super late and much needed update for GMK Mercury.

In the beginning it was a set I was and still am very passionate about. After getting the group buy date and waiting till then I wanted to have a lot of collaborators and people working on this. Many people did approach me and wanted to work with me and collaborate on this awesome set. Later during the year due to miscommunication and lack of updates I think due to the long wait time until the group buy I and other collaborators had issues and some forgot on both ends. Due to a lot of issues like this kind of fell on the back burner and I felt discouraged about the set. I am not trying to make an excuse for why I wasn’t consistent or made updates, but after the year things changed and many things in real life changed living situation and all those kinds of things as well.

Currently the set is doing well and I can post a graph later today or tomorrow.

Also I will be trying to be giving more consistent updates and post on Instagram and reddit as well.

I totally understand those who currently bo longer want support this set due to communication issues and I apologize for not being more transparent and communicative about the project.

Again thank you to those who continue to support this set and I will try to be more active and transparent, as always thank you for your patience and support with this project.
I think that another reason why things ended up the way they are is because I felt a little let down by those I was working with. There were a lot of things I wanted to deliver to the community that I couldn’t and therefore was more self critical on myself and ended up not really putting much effort into the project afterwards because I didn’t think there was much I could provide.

For the remainder of the group buy and for future projects I will again try to be more consistent and communicative about the process the good the bad and the short comings that can’t be helped or things that should be fixed or adjusted.

Offline alevyish

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 17 March 2022, 10:55:09 »

Currently the set is doing well and I can post a graph later today or tomorrow.

For the remainder of the group buy and for future projects I will again try to be more consistent and communicative about the process the good the bad and the short comings that can’t be helped or things that should be fixed or adjusted.

Yeah, you show again how little we can trust what you say. I'm sad because I like this set but don't feel safe spending on it. Hope people in it get what they want/paid for. GL with remainder of GB.

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 17 March 2022, 18:27:01 »
For a set about quicksilver, the communication is molasses. Post the numbers.

Offline ThatDudeDeven

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 18 March 2022, 06:10:29 »
100%. I decided to wait since they said they were going to post the charts...now a week later, still no chart and only a couple of days left. Super bummed. Was a great set.

Offline kekaiyo

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 21 March 2022, 12:31:45 »
100%. I decided to wait since they said they were going to post the charts...now a week later, still no chart and only a couple of days left. Super bummed. Was a great set.
I have since responded but was still waiting on one vendor for the info, thanks for checking in, I should have the numbers soon.

Re: [GB] GMK Mercury | Collaborations now Available
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 02:30:43 »
Having all vendors update at the same time is often difficult. If you see some of the others live now, they’ll have something where it says "some vendors outdated". If the buyer sees reassuring numbers for MOQ despite the outdated vendors it’ll help assuage concerns that it won’t make moq. List the ones you’ve heard from if you want.

Here, I’ll make it easy. Post the numbers by the end of the 23rd…I’ll buy a set. Vendors are outdated? I don’t care.

« Reply #33 on: Sun, 27 March 2022, 09:59:29 »
Purportedly the last day in GB for this set.

Offline Miroki200

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 28 March 2022, 17:18:33 »
I'm honestly curios if this set is being made, as the runner only gave a response midway threw the group buy and then one more to "defend" his actions. 

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 28 March 2022, 17:41:01 »
I'm honestly curios if this set is being made, as the runner only gave a response midway threw the group buy and then one more to "defend" his actions.

I can help here, although that shouldn’t be a huge surprise since I post here more than the designer. Mechs and Company on their Instagram posted it was Mercury’s last day yesterday, I asked about numbers under the same username as here, Mechs and Co confirmed it was being made. Sadly that was hours before GB close.

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 29 March 2022, 08:47:57 »

I honestly think you should be commissioned by the designer for providing us with updates

Offline rjohn

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 07 January 2023, 12:30:25 »
hello,any news on this ?
You can still order novelties from https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/gmk-mercury-novelties_5653/ which i find strange...

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 07 January 2023, 14:27:19 »
It’s a preorder-they’re selling some of the extras they purchased. They’ll ship w the group buy orders.

This is stuck in the GMK queue. I’d think samples would be out about now? (Edit: admittedly posting pictures of the samples would probably be a lot to expect from this designer. Mechs and Co carried the group buy before, I'd consider reaching out to them?)

Those who liked the SP-111 split board rendered might be interested in buying a grey one in the R2 GB
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 January 2023, 16:00:59 by IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 07 January 2023, 18:08:16 »
Current ETA from proto[Typist] is Q2 2023.
The ETA in the OP is Q3 2023, so maybe things are going better than expected?

Offline rjohn

« Reply #40 on: Sun, 08 January 2023, 06:34:35 »
thank you for the info!

Offline diorite

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 17 March 2023, 01:16:57 »
Renders show an accent (white) skull novelty but it doesn't appear in any of the kits. Will this key actually be available in novelties?

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 17 March 2023, 10:05:03 »
maybe ask mechs and co directly since you can preorder? the odds kekaiyo looks at the renders, follows through, and then posts here is basically zero. 

Offline rjohn

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 21 June 2023, 02:42:46 »
Hi,any news?

Offline EdgeOfInfinity

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 22 June 2023, 17:40:45 »
any updates in regard to NA vendor??

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 23 June 2023, 09:56:21 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=120674.0

Believe the Mechs and Co news will be posted here as well as r/mk.

Offline rjohn

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 24 August 2023, 16:15:10 »
up for some news

Offline EdgeOfInfinity

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 30 August 2023, 10:39:15 »
well the designer has stated on Discord he's basically peacing out from keebs...

i'm guessing the unpurchased sets will not be made, unless another vendor decides to pickup the "extras". we're prob looking at having to cop actual extras when the time comes, or bust. hopefully your charge-backs go thru!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 30 August 2023, 11:24:56 »
Current ETA from proto[Typist] is Q2 2023.
The ETA in the OP is Q3 2023, so maybe things are going better than expected?

New ETA is Q4 2023 from both proto[Typist] (same link as last time) and KBDfans - https://kbdfans.com/products/gmk-mercury

No idea the plan for Mech & Co. orders.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 13 September 2023, 12:53:35 »
Here are the finalized color samples we received for this set.