Author Topic: Full set "fancy" Topre stem caps?  (Read 1226 times)

Offline typo

Full set "fancy" Topre stem caps?
« on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 06:09:59 »
Anyone know anywhere that has a 108/104 custom cap set to fit Topre stems? I do not really care the theme or colorway. Just PBT 1.5MM or thicker. Either Dyesub or DS only. Profile does not even matter. I know that is a tall order. So you say why not install MX sliders? Honestly they are full of slop and simply ruin an otherwise perfect Keyboard IMO. You can bet that if I am asking this they are very hard to find or just do not exist. Thank you

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
Re: Full set "fancy" Topre stem caps?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 06:16:41 »
kbdfans or oem realforce caps, your only options currently

Offline Riverman

Re: Full set "fancy" Topre stem caps?
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 12:35:46 »
You may not be able to have 1.5mm thick PBT keycaps on a Topre keyboard.  The stock ones are fairly thin compared to some aftermarket ones because the slider housings interfere with the insides of the keycaps.  On my RGB, I've tried quite a few keycaps that either make clicking or tapping noises as they come down, or stick, because they're too thick.  I had to grind down the insides of some SA ones to get them to fit.  You'll have the same issue on a regular Topre board because the slider housings are the same size.  That being said, the keycaps that KBDFans sells are pretty nice, and seem thick enough.  I've had their 9009, 2020, and BIIP sets, and liked them all.  The 9009 had one of the Windows keys slightly rotated, but that seemed to improve on the other two.  Currently KBDFans has the 2020 set back in stock, and a new black on dark grey BIIP set that looks like the stock black Realforce keycaps.