Author Topic: What's wrong with my Ducky G2 Pro?  (Read 1731 times)

Offline Azurex

What's wrong with my Ducky G2 Pro?
« on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 19:02:33 »
Hey all. I made my first post here about a month ago, showing off the Ducky G2 Pro I recently purchased. After a week or so, I noticed
an issue where the space bar would have a delayed actuation point (I believe that's the correct term!) when pressed lightly.
Almost a month later, I decided that enough was enough and filmed a short video of it happening, in hopes of gaining feedback
on the issue.

I generally keep my keyboard in a slot, where I put my hands in, so I very rarely get to take a look at it. When I took it out of the slot,
I noticed that the LED cap had caved in on the caps lock key as well. Is this poor build quality? Is there anything I can do about this?

I purchased the keyboard from pccasegear if that's any help!

Offline PointyFox

Re: What's wrong with my Ducky G2 Pro?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 19:08:36 »
Pull the space bar off and check the two Cherry switches to see if one is defective. Cherry switch to see if it is defective.
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 October 2013, 19:23:08 by PointyFox »

Offline Azurex

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 19:16:19 »
Pull the space bar off and check the two Cherry switches to see if one is defective.

There is one blue switch in the middle and two black switches on either side. The black switches do not function at all, but the blue is completely fine.

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 19:19:59 »
Oops, meant one.  The black things are stabilizers.  I'm guessing something is wrong with them.  The tops of them should be even with the black part surrounding them.  When you turn your board upside-down, the black things should fall downward and be even with the top of the blue switch cross.  If they don't they're probably getting stuck.  Might have to lube whatever part is sticking.
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 October 2013, 19:22:05 by PointyFox »

Offline Azurex

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 19:29:21 »
Oops, meant one.  The black things are stabilizers.  I'm guessing something is wrong with them.  The tops of them should be even with the black part surrounding them.  When you turn your board upside-down, the black things should fall downward and be even with the top of the blue switch cross.  If they don't they're probably getting stuck.  Might have to lube whatever part is sticking.

Aah, actually. It seems to be working fine now since I removed the space bar and placed it back in! I guess for the caps lock key, I'd just purchase a new cap.
Welp, I guess that's all solved.

Offline Nakapfao

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 20:26:20 »

Aah, actually. It seems to be working fine now since I removed the space bar and placed it back in! I guess for the caps lock key, I'd just purchase a new cap.
Welp, I guess that's all solved.

Yay!  ^-^

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 20:31:41 »
The caps lock keys normally tilt when you press down on them toward the right and left edges.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 01:08:20 »
The black things either side are connected to a metal bar running underneath the plate.

When you push the space bar on, the three stems fit into the three holes under the space bar.  The spring in the central MX switch pushes the space bar up, and causes the two things either side to go up too.

If you press the space bar down on the middle - the switch activates directly.

If you press the space bar down on one side, the metal bar causes both end things (the stabilisers) to go down at the same time, and this pulls down the centre of the space bar, which activates the switch.

Possibly the space bar had become slightly dislodged, and simply removing and reseating it has re-engaged the switch and stabilisers, and it works now.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ