Author Topic: Stepping it up a notch  (Read 5466 times)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
Stepping it up a notch
« on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 08:51:54 »
Re: KBTalking Pro

Wow!  Come a long way from novelty keycaps, haven't we?  Very nice.

Offline i3oilermaker

• techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
Re: Stepping it up a notch
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 08:53:51 »
I'm really excited about this one...my newsletter may have sounded a little car salesman like, but its just because I have been loving this board so much.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 08:59:15 »
Man, you guys are firing on all cylinders. It seems like every week or two, you're introducing new products. Nicely done!

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 09:18:28 »
Nice! Cool stuffs!

Offline Lunartuna

• Good bye money!
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 09:22:18 »
Any pics of the black on black special edition with reds?
Shine 2 TKL - Choc Mini

Offline i3oilermaker

• techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 09:51:31 »

Offline Lunartuna

• Good bye money!
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 10:25:42 »
Wow those caps look nice!  The legend looks very neat and tidy.
Shine 2 TKL - Choc Mini

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 10:47:56 »
How long have you been beta testing one i3oiler? Just curious.

Offline i3oilermaker

• techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 10:55:18 »

About 2 weeks

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Re: Stepping it up a notch
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 13:14:45 »

About 2 weeks
How often do you need to charge it?

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 13:46:27 »
I'm really excited about this one...my newsletter may have sounded a little car salesman like, but its just because I have been loving this board so much.

You really like it? I think KeyboardLover posted a review about it and said that the keycaps were a bit on the thin side. What do you think? I love the idea of this keyboard ... how well does it switch over to other BT devices? Oh, and thanks for the keyboard brush freebie with my last order! I think the marketing you've done for your site is excellent, BTW.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 13:52:18 »
I dig it, now make it poker sized and I'll buy a pallet!
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 13:53:09 »
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 13:54:28 »

You really like it? I think KeyboardLover posted a review about it and said that the keycaps were a bit on the thin side. What do you think? I love the idea of this keyboard ... how well does it switch over to other BT devices? Oh, and thanks for the keyboard brush freebie with my last order! I think the marketing you've done for your site is excellent, BTW.

I own one of these as well.  I use it at work as we have a "no hands on phone" rule.  I can control my PC and phone with one device.  It's great how well the Bluetooth responds.

Fine keyboard.  My keys are being replaced as they were defective.  Honestly I'm going to throw a DSA retro set on this beast.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 March 2013, 13:57:08 by Binge »
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 14:09:40 »

I own one of these as well.  I use it at work as we have a "no hands on phone" rule.  I can control my PC and phone with one device.  It's great how well the Bluetooth responds.

Fine keyboard.  My keys are being replaced as they were defective.  Honestly I'm going to throw a DSA retro set on this beast.

Yeah, replacing the keycaps was something I figured I could do too -- I have a BT-capable android phone and tablet --- how realistic is it for me to be swapping back and forth between them? Is it really workable?
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline i3oilermaker

• techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 17:09:04 »

Yeah, replacing the keycaps was something I figured I could do too -- I have a BT-capable android phone and tablet --- how realistic is it for me to be swapping back and forth between them? Is it really workable?

Each BT device is sync'd to a number on the numpad.  Press FN + 1 you flip to that device.  Press FN + 2 and you flip to the other

Offline Lunartuna

• Good bye money!
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 17:23:12 »

No hands on phone would be nice. At my work if you have your phone on your desk, in your hand, or making noise anywhere. You get in ****.
Shine 2 TKL - Choc Mini

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 18:35:19 »
Yeah I just got the email today about this NEW keyboard.  Now that Techkeys has stepped into the Big Leagues, I was always crazy about Filco's, but now........ this may be the new model fetish.

Just now trying to pick between some Blues or Browns.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 20:39:54 »
Cool Stuff, I'm sure there are those who would like this

i just wish it was 75% or 60% so i could travel with something like this. I also hate full size boards in general....

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 21:21:40 »
i just wish it was 75% or 60% so i could travel with something like this. I also hate full size boards in general....

Aren't there already the Pure's and Race's that are currently selling?

I've got some of them hence this current BIG baby seems the most appropriate now.  Besides I miss not having a FULL keyboard again.

Offline Permeability

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 21:39:08 »
Quote from: Elrick link=topic=41400.msg827658#msg8276 :p58 date=1363746100

Aren't there already the Pure's and Race's that are currently selling?

I've got some of them hence this current BIG baby seems the most appropriate now.  Besides I miss not having a FULL keyboard again.

I think he means he wants bluetooth capabilities as well(no wires required during traveling)  :p
Keyboards:
'The Cheat' - lubed 62g Clears
Ducky Shine 3 TKL lubed 45g Reds (Work)

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 20 March 2013, 02:09:56 »
i have a race i travel with as well as my poker (which now weighs like 5lbs lol) and i also have my HHKB but i don't travel with it as it screams "steal me", but IMO the wire from them to my laptop looks more silly than the fact i put it on top of my laptop's keyboard. Bluetooth would be nice on a 60% i also wish my trackball had bluetooth.

oh well, sorry to derail. carry on

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 20 March 2013, 02:15:56 »
Sexy but costly.
SmallFry! <3

Offline Neal

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 20 March 2013, 02:18:05 »
Very cool!

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 20 March 2013, 06:32:05 »
I agree with the comments above - I have gone off full-size keyboards completely.  TKL or smaller and I would be very interested :D  Also they aren't cheap but I suppose you have to pay for the extra (very cool) features
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline WarNutts

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 21 March 2013, 10:25:31 »
wow cool might pick one of these up!