Author Topic: TKG - TMK Keymap Generator [tkg.io] (no need to compile the firmware)  (Read 55327 times)

Offline yangdigi

TKG is available at: tkg.io.  It is a work of Kai Ryu.
I just help to open this topic for discussion and ideas sharing.

About TMK Keymap Generator
TMK Keymap Generator, aka TKG, is a generator that can convert layout created by keyboard-layout-editor into an available keymap for TMK Keyboard Firmware Collection.
You can make a keyboard layout by keyboard-layout-editor as you like, copy the Raw Data and paste them into TKG, set some Fn keys as you want, and click Download button then you will get the configurations what can works with your TMK Firmware inside keyboard. It is quite easy to use. No need to compile the firmware.
TKG is an open source software published under WTFPL. You can find the codes on GitHub.

Update the Driver
1. Download tkg-toolkit at https://github.com/kairyu/tkg-toolkit.
2. Push the reset button and make sure the dfu bootloader appearing at "Devices and Printers".
3. Open zadig (in the tool folder of TKG-ToolKit). Click "Options>List all devices" from the menu to enable the option.
4. Select "ATm32U4DFU" in the drop down list. ( Please be careful to ensure to select the dfu but not "GH60 or other keybaord name")
5. Select "WinUSB" as the driver. (Usually "WinUSB" is the default option)
6. Click "Install" button and wait for the installation finishing.

How to Use
1.Make your layout at http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/
2.Open http://tkg.io. Chosse your Keybarod and paste your layout's url or raw data here.
3.Set your Fn fuctions and LEDs. LEDs are configurable.
4.Download .eep file to reflash or burn .eep file online.

Here is a GH60(RevCHN) instruction for you:https://imgur.com/a/rfezG . Big THANKS to sakai4eva.
Guide for burning .eep file online is on #1.
139848-0

Currently supported boards
More

Special Thanks
Ian Prest, the author of keyboard-layout-editor.
tmk, the author of TMK Keyboard Firmware Collection.
And also thanks to my wife and my newborn son.
Report Bugs
If you found any bug, please contact me freely by email(kai1103@gmail.com), or file a issue via GitHub. Any comments or requests are welcome too.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 October 2016, 08:37:58 by yangdigi »

Offline yangdigi

Re: TKG - TMK Keymap Generator [tkg.io]
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 19:55:35 »
How to burn .eep file online
1.Chrome is recommended. Install TKG Chrome App from Chrome Web Store.
2.Make your layout at Keyboard-Layout-Editor and TKG.

Now there are three ways to update.
[  1. For dfu booloader  ]
Make sure you already install driver for ATm32U4DFU.
Push the reset button(usually on the back of the keyboard) then tkg will find your device and display its name.
More
139293-0

Click ’burn .eep file’ button. Your device can be reflashed within a few seconds.
More
139295-1

While holding shift of another keyboard, ‘burn .eep file‘ changes to ’burn .hex file‘. With this your can burn hex individually.

[  2. For HID Bootloader  ]
Manual installing driver is not needed for this type of bootloader.  Current support boards: CW40, ErgoDone, RedScarf II+
Two keys (usually the keys of matrix(0,0) and (0,1)) are needed.
More
149831-2

While holding the key of matrix(0,0), insert your usb cable into keyboard. The 'burn .eep file' button will be green(clickable). click it to update your keymap. You can confirm the keyboard connects correctly by finding your keyboard's name with 'HID EEPROM' in the dropdown menu.
More

While holding the keys of matrix(0,0) and (0,1) together , insert your usb cable into keyboard. The dropdown menu shows your keyboard's with 'HID FLASH'. Hold shift of another keyboard, click 'burn .hex file' to reflash keyboard firmware.
More

Usually burning .eep is enough.

[  3. For RawHID(beta)  ]
Special firmware is to required to support this function. Just click ‘burn .eep file‘ to update keymap. No need for extra operations with your keyboard.
More
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 October 2016, 08:40:39 by yangdigi »

Offline yangdigi

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 19:55:49 »
Here is one example that how I use TKG. It is a complex one and you can see what TKG can do.
My Keyboard layout:http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/bf8248eb6dd0416ecf2dbdf18b5ad4a0
More
139277-0
139279-1

One tip:
You can export your fn settings and save them to  Keyboard Properties of Keyboard-Layout-Editor.
Next time when you use tkg, just import them.
More
139281-2
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 October 2016, 08:36:47 by yangdigi »

Offline Ryu

• GitHub
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 20:26:47 »
Thanks, yang.

I built TKG on the unix philosophy and hope it can make one's keyboard life easier. It was online from 2013 and I believe it has serviced for a lot of keyboard fans especially in China ;)

Thanks to the great predecessors. TKG keeps improving day by day. I welcome your suggestion and feedback.

Offline p1114501510

• 尴尬癌晚期患者
Re: TKG - TMK Keymap Generator [tkg.io] (no need to comply the firmware)
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 22:39:59 »
Good job. I can  see  Yang  really works  hard  on  this  tutorial. TKG is a convenient tool  for remapping  your  keyboard matrix once you get  used to it. Thanks for Yang's great work. I'm sure you guys will  love this awesome tool  with  yang' guidance. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Prelim

Re: TKG - TMK Keymap Generator [tkg.io] (no need to compile the firmware)
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 05:41:29 »
can be added the RGB led strip support, like it is on QMK firmware (TMK based)? https://github.com/jackhumbert/qmk_firmware#rgb-under-glow-mod
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline p1114501510

• 尴尬癌晚期患者
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 08:36:59 »
can be added the RGB led strip support, like it is on QMK firmware (TMK based)? https://github.com/jackhumbert/qmk_firmware#rgb-under-glow-mod

Currently, it's in our todo list. The good news is it won't be too long to implement.

Offline iFreilicht

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 01:07:03 »
Wow, this is great, that'll come in very handy once my S60-X arrives! What base-layout does TKG use?
For example, if I set one key-press to be "}", that could be converted to the "modified key action" Shift+] if the base layout is ANSI US or to AltGr+0 if the base layout is ISO DE.
Sentraq S60-X, dyed blank PBT keycaps, Gateron Browns

Offline yangdigi

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 08:09:45 »
The layout of your keyboard depends on which input language you use in your OS.
TKG doesn't creat keys. Indeed, it recognizes keys from what you wirte in Key-Layout-Editor.
If you want set one key-press to be "}",  you can't write a "}" on that key. Instead, you need to wirte Fnx on it and set this fn to be a modified key as shift+] or AltGr+0 if the layout is ISO DE.
139640-0
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 June 2016, 20:04:44 by yangdigi »

Offline iFreilicht

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 20:38:44 »
I see, so I'll have to decide for myself. Thank you!
Sentraq S60-X, dyed blank PBT keycaps, Gateron Browns

Offline Skelig

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 14:00:27 »
Having a small issue with this, everything works perfectly as according to this image with the exception of the pipe/backslash key. It performs the same action as #/~ which I have next to my enter key.

Offline yangdigi

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 20:38:31 »
Having a small issue with this, everything works perfectly as according to this image with the exception of the pipe/backslash key. It performs the same action as #/~ which I have next to my enter key.

Show Image

Please write that key in the format according to http://tkg.io/#help
141237-0

Offline feralfoo

• Software developer and mech keyboard nut
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 03 September 2016, 06:22:13 »
Awesome job to everyone getting this up and running. Have used it to flash an RS68 II+ with great success :thumb:

I am wondering about the Backlight action settings for a function key. Currently it looks like I need to assign dedicated switches to use these, unless I've overlooked a setting somewhere... Is it possible to assign Backlight action - Toggle to layer 1?

As an example using the following keyboard layout http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/a622fd495ec3e1a1f402b1572e0d5cf7, I'd like the Return key to toggle the backlight if I press it while holding down Fn0.
HHKB Pro JP + Hasu controller, Realforce RF87U55G, G60 Retro, QK65

Offline Ryu

• GitHub
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 20:57:32 »
Awesome job to everyone getting this up and running. Have used it to flash an RS68 II+ with great success :thumb:

I am wondering about the Backlight action settings for a function key. Currently it looks like I need to assign dedicated switches to use these, unless I've overlooked a setting somewhere... Is it possible to assign Backlight action - Toggle to layer 1?

As an example using the following keyboard layout http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/a622fd495ec3e1a1f402b1572e0d5cf7, I'd like the Return key to toggle the backlight if I press it while holding down Fn0.
Thank you. I'm glad you like it.
Regarding your question, off course it's possible. I have fixed your layout for you. I hope you can get hint or inspiration from it.
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/5ee80c7cadc91f8420efe69c1cd4764f

Offline feralfoo

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 21:57:00 »

Thank you. I'm glad you like it.
Regarding your question, off course it's possible. I have fixed your layout for you. I hope you can get hint or inspiration from it.
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/5ee80c7cadc91f8420efe69c1cd4764f

Function keys within layers! This opens up so many more custom mappings :thumb: I'll take this for a spin after work this evening, thank you sir.

Offline feralfoo

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 05:54:45 »
Following on from my previous question regarding nested function layers, which works spectacularly well btw...

I have a minor problem on my RS68II+, where it seems that holding down shift-option-left or shift-option-right only registers as shift-left and shift-right. Normally this would be highlight word left or right, but instead is highlight next letter left or right. I'm using the following layout to feed into tkg.io:
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/a622fd495ec3e1a1f402b1572e0d5cf7

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Offline hging

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 03:06:06 »
Following on from my previous question regarding nested function layers, which works spectacularly well btw...

I have a minor problem on my RS68II+, where it seems that holding down shift-option-left or shift-option-right only registers as shift-left and shift-right. Normally this would be highlight word left or right, but instead is highlight next letter left or right. I'm using the following layout to feed into tkg.io:
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/a622fd495ec3e1a1f402b1572e0d5cf7

Any ideas on how to fix this?
i tested this question on my tkg based keyboard, but i don't got this problem.
can u give more information to point out the problem?

Offline FSund

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 10:00:07 »
Thanks a lot for this, it seems very simple and useful for beginners like me :)

I'm trying a simple Norwegian layout (http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/e0d8b328f5de3e1f594f827893258757), but TKG.io doesn't recognize æ/ø/å ("Unknown label").
What should I use instead?
Join the Mechanical Keyboards Norway Discord server

Offline Prelim

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 17:18:42 »
you should program the standard ISO UK and then choose NO layout on Windows. I'm using ISO-PT and I've programed on TKG the same way ;)

hope it helps!
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline FSund

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 01:01:24 »
Thanks, that seems to work great :thumb:

Offline FSund

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 04:09:58 »
I'm not sure if this or the TMK thread is the correct place for this, but here it goes.

I have an ISO 60% GH60 "Satan" keyboard, with TMK firmware.
Everything is working great, except the key between the left shift and Z (ISO-only key), which is putting out "'" (apostrophe) and "*" instead of the correct characters (which would actually be "<" and ">" on a Norwegian layout).
I have loaded the default ISO layout, which labels this key with "\ |" (on Norwegian keyboards it's labelled "< >").

I have fixed temporarily it by setting the key to a function key, and manually setting that to "Non-US \ and |":

But that is a bit of a hassle. Is there any label for this key which is recognized by tkg.io?

Thanks.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 08:17:39 »
It is a very interesting project. I hope to have the chance to give it a try, soon. Thank you for the hard work and for sharing it.

Offline Ryu

• GitHub
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 03:53:50 »
Thanks a lot for this, it seems very simple and useful for beginners like me :)

I'm trying a simple Norwegian layout (http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/e0d8b328f5de3e1f594f827893258757), but TKG.io doesn't recognize æ/ø/å ("Unknown label").
What should I use instead?

If you can tell me the unsupported keys equivalent to which keys in ISO/ANSI layout, I can try to add those labels for you.

Offline Ryu

• GitHub
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 04:01:12 »
I'm not sure if this or the TMK thread is the correct place for this, but here it goes.

I have an ISO 60% GH60 "Satan" keyboard, with TMK firmware.
Everything is working great, except the key between the left shift and Z (ISO-only key), which is putting out "'" (apostrophe) and "*" instead of the correct characters (which would actually be "<" and ">" on a Norwegian layout).
I have loaded the default ISO layout, which labels this key with "\ |" (on Norwegian keyboards it's labelled "< >").

I have fixed temporarily it by setting the key to a function key, and manually setting that to "Non-US \ and |":
Show Image

But that is a bit of a hassle. Is there any label for this key which is recognized by tkg.io?

Thanks.

You can find them here: https://tkg.io/#help
In the case of "Non-US \ and |", since it's general labels are all the same with the "US \ and |", so there is no way to distinguish it without a special label "iso |".

I hope you enjoy this tool.

Offline help-14

• KeySekai
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 22:31:17 »
Hi, I just got Staryu and tried TKG.io, a question need to ask: Does the Fn button support both change layer and change led color? I want different color for each layer.

Offline yoobe

• Yoobe
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 01 January 2017, 10:27:41 »

hi, I can see on your screenshot that you are using macro. Can you explain me how to use these custom macro?
I installed the TKG on my private hosting, I check the json file to add macro, I dont see how to add. and I cannot use chrome addon with my own hosting, how to use it?

Here is one example that how I use TKG. It is a complex one and you can see what TKG can do.
My Keyboard layout:http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/bf8248eb6dd0416ecf2dbdf18b5ad4a0
More

One tip:
You can export your fn settings and save them to  Keyboard Properties of Keyboard-Layout-Editor.
More
Yoobe

ErgoDox - Mx Brown
Filco Minila Air - Mx Red
RedScarfII+ VerC - Gateron White

Offline yoobe

• Yoobe
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 01 January 2017, 14:41:16 »

Never mind, I succeeded to configure the TKG for my own setup and build the firmware with the correct macros in it.
I can now use TKG and my macros.

Very nice tool

hi, I can see on your screenshot that you are using macro. Can you explain me how to use these custom macro?
I installed the TKG on my private hosting, I check the json file to add macro, I dont see how to add. and I cannot use chrome addon with my own hosting, how to use it?

More

One tip:
More
Yoobe

ErgoDox - Mx Brown

Offline yoobe

• Yoobe
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 11:33:14 »
I wanted to use my RS68 at work where I use a DELL laptop and docking station.

I have issue in this configuration.. Windows cannot recognize the device (USB Error). I dont have this issue with neutrino board using a teensy 2.0 and QMK firmware.

Anyone knows what could be the reason?  Power consumption issue with the RS68 or bootload issue?

Thanks
Yoobe

ErgoDox - Mx Brown

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 10:30:23 »
hi everyone,

am pretty new to this.

but i wanted to change the layout for my RS68 from md.

["Esc","!\n1","@\n2","#\n3","$\n4","%\n5","^\n6","&\n7","*\n8","(\n9",")\n0","_\n-","+\n=","|\n\\","~\n`","printscreen"],
[{w:1.5},"Tab","Q","W","E","R","T","Y","U","I","O","P","{\n[","}\n]",{w:1.5},"Backspace","delete"],
[{w:1.25,w2:1.75,l:true},"Ctrl",{x:0.5},"A","S","D","F","G","H","J","K","L",":\n;","\"\n'",{w:2.25},"Enter","PgUp"],
[{w:2.25},"Shift","Z","X","C","V","B","N","M","<\n,",">\n.","?\n/",{w:1.75},"Shift","↑","PgDn"],
[{c:"#c0c0c0",w:1.5},"Capslock",{w:1.5},"Alt",{a:7,w:7.00},"",{a:4,w:1.5},"Alt",{w:1.5},"Fn",{c:"#cccccc"},"←","↓","→"]

it worked on kle but there seems to be an error when i paste it to tkg, i cant figure it out. :(

Offline sems

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 11:01:58 »
What would you need to add Atreus to the compatible keyboards list?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 13:46:51 »
Probably a dumb question, but will this work with QMK?

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 09 February 2017, 19:56:28 »
I have a Satan GH60 PCB and I have flashed it with an eep of an ISO layout which works fine.

I want to change the .eep to have an 'Escape' on the `¬ key when Fn0 is pressed. This is my only gripe with the layout I made.

However, whenever I create a new layout on TKG.io and burn the eep to my PCB, the PCB goes back to its default ANSI settings every time.

Even if I choose a really simple layout, like the one below, my PCB will go back to its default settings.

["¬\n`","!\n1","\"\n2","£\n3","$\n4","%\n5","^\n6","&\n7","*\n8","(\n9",")\n0","_\n-","+\n=",{w:2},"Backspace"],
[{w:1.5},"Tab","Q","W","E","R","T","Y","U","I","O","P","{\n[","}\n]",{x:0.25,w:1.25,h:2,w2:1.5,h2:1,x2:-0.25},"Enter"],
[{w:1.75},"Caps Lock","A","S","D","F","G","H","J","K","L",":\n;","@\n'","~\n#"],
[{w:1.25},"LShift","iso |\n\\","Z","X","C","V","B","N","M","<\n,",">\n.","?\n/",{w:2.75},"RShift"],
[{w:1.25},"LCtrl",{w:1.25},"LWin",{w:1.25},"LAlt",{a:7,w:6.25},"Space",{a:4,w:1.25},"RAlt",{w:1.25},"RWin",{w:1.25},"App",{w:1.25},"RCtrl"]

But, if I flash the PCB with the eep that I prepared a week or so ago, it will work.

Can you offer any help, please?

UPDATE: used EasyAVR to create a usable hex file and this worked fine. It must be a syntax issue at my end!
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 February 2017, 20:41:53 by pizza_is_a_lie »

Offline twiddle

• Portfolio
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 09:11:15 »
Any chance we can get some more information on the errors TKG gives, please?
For example, does 'No matching key' mean that you're trying to remap a key that doesnt exist, or that the TKG doesn't recognise the value you're wanting to remap to?
(It's giving me this error on a number of keys on my number pad, for instance)

I was using the following configuration:
Code: [Select]
[{y:0.5,a:0},"Esc\n\n\n\npower","F1\n\n\n\nfn1","F2\n\n\n\nfn2","F3\n\n\n\nfn3","F4\n\n\n\nfn4",{a:4},"F5","F6","F7","F8",{a:0},"F9\n\n\n\nfn12","F10\n\n\n\nfn16","F11\n\n\n\nfn20","F12\n\n\n\nfn24",{a:4},"PrtSc","Pause\nBreak","scroll lock","Home","PgUp",{a:0},"PgDn\n\n\n\nsleep"],
["~\n`\n\n\nfn8","!\n1\n\n\nfn5","@\n2\n\n\nfn9","#\n3\n\n\nfn13","$\n4\n\n\nfn17","%\n5\n\n\nfn21",{a:4},"^\n6","&\n7","*\n8",{a:0},"(\n9\n\n\nfn1",")\n0\n\n\nfn2","_\n-\n\n\nfn3","+\n=\n\n\nfn4",{w:2},"Backspace\n\n\n\ndelete",{a:4},"Num Lock","/","*","-"],
[{w:1.5},"Tab",{a:0},"Q\n\n\n\nfn6","W\n\n\n\nfn10","E\n\n\n\nfn14","R\n\n\n\nfn18","T\n\n\n\nfn22",{a:4},"Y","U","I",{a:0},"O\n\n\n\nfn12","P\n\n\n\nfn16","{\n[\n\n\nfn20","}\n]\n\n\nfn24",{a:4,w:1.5},"|\n\\","7\nHome",{a:0},"8\n?\n\n\nvolup",{a:4},"9\nPgUp",{h:2},"+"],
[{w:1.25,w2:1.75,l:true},"Caps Lock",{x:0.5,a:0},"A\n\n\n\nfn7","S\n\n\n\nfn11","D\n\n\n\nfn15","F\n\n\n\nfn19","G\n\n\n\nfn23",{a:4},"H","J","K",{a:0},"L\n\n\n\nbutton1",":\n;\n\n\nbutton2","\"\n'\n\n\nbutton3",{a:4,w:2.25},"Enter",{a:0},"4\n?\n\n\nprev","5\n\n\n\nplay","6\n?\n\n\nnext"],
[{a:4,w:2.25},"Shift","Z","X",{a:0},"C\n\n\n\ncalc",{a:4},"V","B","N",{a:0},"M\n\n\n\nmail","<\n,\n\n\naccel0",">\n.\n\n\naccel1","?\n/\n\n\naccel2",{a:4,w:1.75},"Shift",{a:0},"?\n\n\n\nmouseup",{a:4},"1\nEnd",{a:0},"2\n?\n\n\nvoldown",{a:4},"3\nPgDn",{h:2},"Enter"],
[{w:1.5},"Ctrl",{a:0,w:1.5},"Win\n\n\n\nmycomp",{a:4,w:7},"space",{w:1.5},"Alt",{w:1.5},"fn0",{a:0},"?\n\n\n\nmouseleft","?\n\n\n\nmousedown","?\n\n\n\nmouseright",{a:4},"0\nIns",{a:0},".\nDel\n\n\nmute"]

I'm basically just wanting to change a few keys and add a function layer to the 6.25u-spacebar/arrow keys layout.

Offline yangdigi

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 20:35:50 »
Any chance we can get some more information on the errors TKG gives, please?
For example, does 'No matching key' mean that you're trying to remap a key that doesnt exist, or that the TKG doesn't recognise the value you're wanting to remap to?
(It's giving me this error on a number of keys on my number pad, for instance)

I was using the following configuration:
[{y:0.5,a:0},"Esc\n\n\n\npower","F1\n\n\n\nfn1","F2\n\n\n\nfn2","F3\n\n\n\nfn3","F4\n\n\n\nfn4",{a:4},"F5","F6","F7","F8",{a:0},"F9\n\n\n\nfn12","F10\n\n\n\nfn16","F11\n\n\n\nfn20","F12\n\n\n\nfn24",{a:4},"PrtSc","Pause\nBreak","scroll lock","Home","PgUp",{a:0},"PgDn\n\n\n\nsleep"],
["~\n`\n\n\nfn8","!\n1\n\n\nfn5","@\n2\n\n\nfn9","#\n3\n\n\nfn13","$\n4\n\n\nfn17","%\n5\n\n\nfn21",{a:4},"^\n6","&\n7","*\n8",{a:0},"(\n9\n\n\nfn1",")\n0\n\n\nfn2","_\n-\n\n\nfn3","+\n=\n\n\nfn4",{w:2},"Backspace\n\n\n\ndelete",{a:4},"Num Lock","/","*","-"],
[{w:1.5},"Tab",{a:0},"Q\n\n\n\nfn6","W\n\n\n\nfn10","E\n\n\n\nfn14","R\n\n\n\nfn18","T\n\n\n\nfn22",{a:4},"Y","U","I",{a:0},"O\n\n\n\nfn12","P\n\n\n\nfn16","{\n[\n\n\nfn20","}\n]\n\n\nfn24",{a:4,w:1.5},"|\n\\","7\nHome",{a:0},"8\n?\n\n\nvolup",{a:4},"9\nPgUp",{h:2},"+"],
[{w:1.25,w2:1.75,l:true},"Caps Lock",{x:0.5,a:0},"A\n\n\n\nfn7","S\n\n\n\nfn11","D\n\n\n\nfn15","F\n\n\n\nfn19","G\n\n\n\nfn23",{a:4},"H","J","K",{a:0},"L\n\n\n\nbutton1",":\n;\n\n\nbutton2","\"\n'\n\n\nbutton3",{a:4,w:2.25},"Enter",{a:0},"4\n?\n\n\nprev","5\n\n\n\nplay","6\n?\n\n\nnext"],
[{a:4,w:2.25},"Shift","Z","X",{a:0},"C\n\n\n\ncalc",{a:4},"V","B","N",{a:0},"M\n\n\n\nmail","<\n,\n\n\naccel0",">\n.\n\n\naccel1","?\n/\n\n\naccel2",{a:4,w:1.75},"Shift",{a:0},"?\n\n\n\nmouseup",{a:4},"1\nEnd",{a:0},"2\n?\n\n\nvoldown",{a:4},"3\nPgDn",{h:2},"Enter"],
[{w:1.5},"Ctrl",{a:0,w:1.5},"Win\n\n\n\nmycomp",{a:4,w:7},"space",{w:1.5},"Alt",{w:1.5},"fn0",{a:0},"?\n\n\n\nmouseleft","?\n\n\n\nmousedown","?\n\n\n\nmouseright",{a:4},"0\nIns",{a:0},".\nDel\n\n\nmute"]

I'm basically just wanting to change a few keys and add a function layer to the 6.25u-spacebar/arrow keys layout.
This is yours.

You can see that some keys go can't be recognized. The X Y values mean that where it is in KLE.
And I‘ve found that your wrote arrow keys in a wrong way. Fix it and then all things go well.
[{w:1.5},"Tab",{a:0},"Q\n\n\n\nfn6","W\n\n\n\nfn10","E\n\n\n\nfn14","R\n\n\n\nfn18","T\n\n\n\nfn22",{a:4},"Y","U","I",{a:0},"O\n\n\n\nfn12","P\n\n\n\nfn16","{\n[\n\n\nfn20","}\n]\n\n\nfn24",{a:4,w:1.5},"|\n\\","7\nHome","8\n↑","9\nPgUp",{h:2},"+"],
[{w:1.25,w2:1.75,l:true},"Caps Lock",{x:0.5,a:0},"A\n\n\n\nfn7","S\n\n\n\nfn11","D\n\n\n\nfn15","F\n\n\n\nfn19","G\n\n\n\nfn23",{a:4},"H","J","K",{a:0},"L\n\n\n\nbutton1",":\n;\n\n\nbutton2","\"\n'\n\n\nbutton3",{a:4,w:2.25},"Enter","4\n←",{a:0},"5\n\n\n\nplay",{a:4},"6\n→"],
[{w:2.25},"Shift","Z","X",{a:0},"C\n\n\n\ncalc",{a:4},"V","B","N",{a:0},"M\n\n\n\nmail","<\n,\n\n\naccel0",">\n.\n\n\naccel1","?\n/\n\n\naccel2",{a:4,w:1.75},"Shift",{a:0},"↑\n\n\n\nmouseup",{a:4},"1\nEnd","2\n↓","3\nPgDn",{h:2},"Enter"],
[{w:1.5},"Ctrl",{a:0,w:1.5},"Win\n\n\n\nmycomp",{a:4,w:7},"space",{w:1.5},"Alt",{w:1.5},"fn0",{a:0},"←\n\n\n\nmouseleft","↓\n\n\n\nmousedown","→\n\n\n\nmouseright",{a:4},"0\nIns",{a:0},".\nDel\n\n\nmute"]

Offline FSund

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 00:42:43 »
Hi, thanks for creating this fantastic tool.

I've recently purchased a KBD66 keyboard, and was wondering what the process is like to add support for new keyboards to TKG.
I think there is a version of TMK for the KBD66 available on Github here, but I'm not sure how to integrate that into the TMK Keyboard Firmware Collection, and further into tkg.io. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I have created an issue on Github regarding adding support for the KBD66.
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 July 2017, 05:15:01 by FSund »

Offline bendim

• Maker-Tutorials
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 13:36:59 »
Hello,
i try to flash my cospad with this numpad layout. http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/95e167b3aef309c5787153bbca3f6618
I use the tkg.io chrome app. After burning the .eep file the bottom led are not working and the changed key not changed.
I short the rst pins and the chrome app displayed successful.
Any idea?
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 September 2017, 07:31:38 by bendim »
Planck Hand Wired

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 01:56:31 »
 I hope I'm asking this in the right section. But I'm building an EEPW84 in the coming few months when all the parts are in and I'm trying to figure out the programming. First timer so bare with me. I Have a few questions about the layout. I used KLE to generate the lay-out and this is the raw code:

["Esc\n\n\n\nFn9","F1","F2","F3","F4","F5","F6","F7","F8","F9","F10","F11","F12","PrtSc","ScrLk","Delete"],
["~\n`","!\n1","@\n2","#\n3","$\n4","%\n5","^\n6","&\n7","*\n8","(\n9",")\n0","_\n-","+\n=",{w:2},"Backspace","Home"],
[{w:1.5},"Tab","Q","W","E","R","T","Y","U","I","O","P","{\n[","}\n]",{w:1.5},"|\n\\","Page Up"],
[{w:1.75},"Caps Lock","A","S","D","F","G","H","J","K","L",":\n;","\"\n'",{w:2.25},"Enter","Page Down"],
[{w:2.25},"Shift","Z","X","C\n\n\n\nFn2","V\n\n\n\nFn1","B\n\n\n\nFn3","N","M","<\n,",">\n.","?\n/",{w:1.75},"RShift","↑\n\n\n\nFn8","End\n\n\n\nFn4"],
[{w:1.25},"Ctrl",{w:1.25},"Fn0",{w:1.25},"Alt",{w:6.25},"Space",{w:1.5},"RAlt",{w:1.5},"RCtrl","←\n\n\n\nFn5","↓\n\n\n\nFn7","→\n\n\n\nFn6"]

I'm a simple guy and plan on using just one layer. I like to use the FN keys to control the underglow LED and used the instructions provided by KPrepublic for the programming. Two questions with this code: I get some errors in TMK when pasting the code but TMK also mentioned the conflicts are solved?

Secondly:

TMK also has a tab for LED, but since I'm only using the RGB underglow LEDS on the EEPW84 pcb will I have any use configuring this tab? I've put the RGB control under the FN keys.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 04:05:40 »
Doesn't look like the EEPW84 is supported by TKG. This seems to be the official tool.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 06:24:54 »
Doesn't look like the EEPW84 is supported by TKG. This seems to be the official tool.

Those instructions are the ones I used and in that Word document TKG is used (see point 3.)?

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 07:20:06 »
Those instructions are the ones I used and in that Word document TKG is used (see point 3.)?
I didn't notice there were other pages in that file. Anyway it works for me. Have you made sure you set your board to Kimera and config to XD84?

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 07:34:34 »
Yes I followed the instructions exactly as they say, except for the changes on the layout. Just as a reminder, I don't have the PCB yet to test this layout. I'm just planning/working ahead for when I do and I was curious if I made any obvious mistakes somewhere.

But still I'm curious to know if I really need that LED tab set up and if I need the backlight options under FN keys setup because I only use the RGB underglow LED's. You can reflash the board if necessary right? So I can try take those backlight FN commands out, just like the LED tab and try it out?

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 07:42:51 »
You can reflash the board if necessary right?
Yes. As many times as you want (technically not quite so but take it for good).

So I can try take those backlight FN commands out, just like the LED tab and try it out?
Surely.

BTW, I tried your KLE setup and it works in the TKG for me, or at least I got no error.

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 08:58:08 »
Great, thank you for your help :)

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #44 on: Sun, 11 February 2018, 13:36:04 »
I tried flashing the XD84 and process says file is burned succesfully but when I reconnect the board no key registers. I Don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I have to reflash the board through tkg toolkit so it starts registering keys again but then the layout isn't what I want. Anybody have any suggestions or tips for me? This is the raw data I'm trying to flash:

["Esc\n\n\n\nFn9","F1","F2","F3","F4","F5","F6","F7","F8","F9","F10","F11","F12","Print","Pause","Delete"],
["~\n`","!\n1","@\n2","#\n3","$\n4","%\n5","^\n6","&\n7","*\n8","(\n9",")\n0","_\n-","+\n=",{w:2},"Backspace","Insert"],
[{w:1.5},"Tab","Q","W","E","R","T","Y","U","I","O","P","{\n[","}\n]",{w:1.5},"|\n\\","Fn0"],
[{w:1.75},"Caps Lock","A","S","D","F","G","H","J","K","L",":\n;","\"\n'",{w:2.25},"Enter","Page Up"],
[{w:2.25},"Shift","Z","X","C\n\n\n\nFn2","V\n\n\n\nFn1","B\n\n\n\nFn3","N","M","<\n,",">\n.","?\n/",{w:1.75},"RShift","↑\n\n\n\nFn7","Page Down\n\n\n\nFn4"],
[{w:1.25},"Ctrl",{w:1.25},"Win",{w:1.25},"Alt",{w:6.25},"Space",{w:1.5},"RAlt",{w:1.5},"RCtrl","←\n\n\n\nFn5","↓\n\n\n\nFn8","→\n\n\n\nFn6"]

Under 'burn EEP. file I have DFU and default firmware selected. Should that last one be something else?

Offline yangdigi

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 00:30:00 »
I tried flashing the XD84 and process says file is burned succesfully but when I reconnect the board no key registers. I Don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I have to reflash the board through tkg toolkit so it starts registering keys again but then the layout isn't what I want. Anybody have any suggestions or tips for me? This is the raw data I'm trying to flash:

["Esc\n\n\n\nFn9","F1","F2","F3","F4","F5","F6","F7","F8","F9","F10","F11","F12","Print","Pause","Delete"],
["~\n`","!\n1","@\n2","#\n3","$\n4","%\n5","^\n6","&\n7","*\n8","(\n9",")\n0","_\n-","+\n=",{w:2},"Backspace","Insert"],
[{w:1.5},"Tab","Q","W","E","R","T","Y","U","I","O","P","{\n[","}\n]",{w:1.5},"|\n\\","Fn0"],
[{w:1.75},"Caps Lock","A","S","D","F","G","H","J","K","L",":\n;","\"\n'",{w:2.25},"Enter","Page Up"],
[{w:2.25},"Shift","Z","X","C\n\n\n\nFn2","V\n\n\n\nFn1","B\n\n\n\nFn3","N","M","<\n,",">\n.","?\n/",{w:1.75},"RShift","↑\n\n\n\nFn7","Page Down\n\n\n\nFn4"],
[{w:1.25},"Ctrl",{w:1.25},"Win",{w:1.25},"Alt",{w:6.25},"Space",{w:1.5},"RAlt",{w:1.5},"RCtrl","←\n\n\n\nFn5","↓\n\n\n\nFn8","→\n\n\n\nFn6"]

Under 'burn EEP. file I have DFU and default firmware selected. Should that last one be something else?

"Pause" may need to be "Pause/nBreak".
I use your rawdata to reflash an xd84. The keys all work well as you set them.
188665-0

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #46 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 03:50:39 »
Yes I noticed the Pause button as well and adjusted it but without succes. I'm thinking something must be wrong with the drivers of the board or something but I can't figure out what. I've added screenshots maybe that helps to see if I'm doing something wrong? Thank you for your time, much appreciated!

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 13:17:33 »
I Noticed that after I flash the board isn't recognized as a keyboard anymore by Windows 10? Before flashing it does...

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 13:42:08 »
I Noticed that after I flash the board isn't recognized as a keyboard anymore by Windows 10? Before flashing it does...
How is it listed in the device manager?
Also you mentioned an eeprom file, I'm not acquainted with that PCB, but are you sure you don't need the .hex file to flash?

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #49 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 13:48:40 »
Well, when I use the TKG toolkit to reflash the kimera.hex (see picture of the black box I posted before) it shows up as a keyboard. But now some keys don't work (or match, I know the PCB is good because I tested it before and after soldering). The trouble started when I tried to flash my own layout. When I try to do this, the board isn't recognized as a keyboard anymore but as a USB hub or monitor or something in that category.